***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

So we can keep up with the competition and all the rest.

David Marshall joins Hibs on a two-year deal. Not a bad signing, not a patch on our goalie though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Hibs copying us all ready in signing a experience Scottish goal keeper 

Imitating with inferior as per. 

jamboinglasgow

Hibs have announced second signing, Nohan Kenneth, 19 year old defensive midfielder from Leeds

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs have announced second signing, Nohan Kenneth, 19 year old defensive midfielder from Leeds

They are definitely playing a game of signing football manager wonderkids and hoping to sell one or two in 5 years time. 

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Unfortunately that has the potential to be a decent signing.

RustyRightPeg
49 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Yep.

HeartsandonlyHearts
57 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Do you think Hearts will have any potential decent signings?

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

I know nothing about him, anyone else?

Rick Sanchez

Whether he's good or not you'd have to be mental to sign for Hibs so early on without waiting for other possible offers.

I'm guessing his agent has told him to jump at it.

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I know nothing about him, anyone else?

Left footer played in Mark Jacksons U23 side was rated by marcelo. 

Lad has potential whether hibs can get it out of him, remains the big question. 

Bongo 1874
4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They are definitely playing a game of signing football manager wonderkids and hoping to sell one or two in 5 years time. 

Funnily enough a lot of teams use that, for scouting etc. 

Watford etc. 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

So we can keep up with the competition and all the rest.

David Marshall joins Hibs on a two-year deal. Not a bad signing, not a patch on our goalie though.

Good signing. 

We're gonna lob him aren't we- in an important game. 😁

13 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Do you think Hearts will have any potential decent signings?

Of course I do, not sure what point you are trying to make? 

So Ron’s laddie has decided that to help wee lee’s new brand of attacking football it’s best to sign a 3rd goalie for the first team and a defensive mid, that’s sure to help the fact that they have not been able to score in a bucket of ****** since the roadrunner left

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

So Ron’s laddie has decided that to help wee lee’s new brand of attacking football it’s best to sign a 3rd goalie for the first team and a defensive mid, that’s sure to help the fact that they have not been able to score in a bucket of ****** since the roadrunner left

Would take either of their other two as backup. 

manaliveits105

Marshall made 1 good penalty save for Scotland but lost plenty of goals easily 

definite - meh signing 

never heard of other guy but defensive mid in a relegated under 23 side - meh meh 

always the wee team 

Marshall's better than the 2 they have, good keeper & a good signing for them. Lob in the Czech game aside he's been far from a bombscare for Scotland over the years but he's always been 3rd best behind McGregor & Scotland's No. 1.

I know nothing about the Leeds guy, fits with their philosophies which seem to be "Sign every midfielder on the planet" & "Sign random young players in the hope that at least one of them is good" 

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Would take either of their other two as backup. 

I'm not saying either aren't good players but it doesn't address their problem area's of being overloaded with Left backs, their only cover at CH being 36 year old Darren McGregor, having no right sided wide player.

Goalkeeper wise Macey has looked decent and Dabrowski  looks a decent prospect at only 23 so unless they intend to let dabrowski go out on loan or try to sell Macey then I don't really see the need to bring in Marshall 

The midfielder from leeds seems highly rated but again central midfield isn't exactly an area where they are particularly short with Doyle-Hayes, Campbell, Newell, Magennis, Tait (also have cover with Cadden and Stevenson) 

Hibs are desperate but at the same time they have to get up to say 8k ST sales somehow

Im sure Lochends finest will be content

As for our signings deffo be way way better and thats what counts 

FTH

WheatfieldWarrior
13 hours ago, Ribble said:

I'm not saying either aren't good players but it doesn't address their problem area's of being overloaded with Left backs, their only cover at CH being 36 year old Darren McGregor, having no right sided wide player.

Goalkeeper wise Macey has looked decent and Dabrowski  looks a decent prospect at only 23 so unless they intend to let dabrowski go out on loan or try to sell Macey then I don't really see the need to bring in Marshall 

The midfielder from leeds seems highly rated but again central midfield isn't exactly an area where they are particularly short with Doyle-Hayes, Campbell, Newell, Magennis, Tait (also have cover with Cadden and Stevenson) 

As far as I can see Kenneh played mostly at CB this season with a few appearances at DM.

On 23/05/2022 at 22:28, Bongo 1874 said:

Left footer played in Mark Jacksons U23 side was rated by marcelo. 

Lad has potential whether hibs can get it out of him, remains the big question. 

Demi Mitchell was also tipped to have potential from LVG 😂

9 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

Hibs are desperate but at the same time they have to get up to say 8k ST sales somehow

Im sure Lochends finest will be content

As for our signings deffo be way way better and thats what counts 

FTH

McGeady will be next joining Marshall wouldn’t be surprised if Mulgrew ends up at Hibs.

Bazzas right boot
23 hours ago, Ribble said:

They'll have Nisbet and the other guy back from injury. 

Losing Boyle hurt them but Nisbet was injured as well at the same time. 

They'll just have to adapt their total football tactic of "punt it down the wing and run after it" to something that suits them. 

51 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

McGeady will be next joining Marshall wouldn’t be surprised if Mulgrew ends up at Hibs.

Shite the bed ‘auld heids’ recruitment. Love it 😂

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

The S*n reporting Brown wants McGeady at Fleetwood too. They say he also wants Shaun Rooney, but so do Killie and Rotherham, and St Johnstone want to keep him.

PapaShango
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They'll have Nisbet and the other guy back from injury. 

Losing Boyle hurt them but Nisbet was injured as well at the same time. 

They'll just have to adapt their total football tactic of "punt it down the wing and run after it" to something that suits them. 

Nisbet is nothing to fear, his form has dropped off a cliff and never good enough to be playing for Scotland. 

PapaShango

I wouldn't be happy being linked with the players the Hobos are or signing Marshall. He hasn't been decent for years and it's an absolute travesty he played at the Euros ahead of Gordon. There's a reason he couldn't get a game wherever he was playing and no doubt has ended up at Hibs because no one else wanted him. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Nisbet is nothing to fear, his form has dropped off a cliff and never good enough to be playing for Scotland. 

Agree, but he'll add to them as opposed to him being injured and unable to play. 

Nookie Bear
On 23/05/2022 at 18:19, db211833 said:

I'll not be losing sleep over a guy who has never played a first team game, bar the EFL Trophy.

tartofmidlothian
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Rangers to lose one of their best academy prospects.

Between this and our lad Simpson, Gerrard's trying to buy the Scotland team of tomorrow.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Between this and our lad Simpson, Gerrard's trying to buy the Scotland team of tomorrow.

Hicky too if he gets his way 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'll not be losing sleep over a guy who has never played a first team game, bar the EFL Trophy.

Neither will I

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The next level being EPL mediocrity I take it.

Tasavallan

I was just looking back over last season and notice that Ange brought in a whole new first team for Celtic.  It could have gone either way but the Japanese players made all the difference  having played in the J-League right up to coming to Scotland.

Rangers on the other hand had a spell mid-season where Gerrard had them lose the odd game and draw far too many.  Obviously his mind was on other things.  May have been different if GVB had arrived earlier.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The boys no even had a 1st team appearance for them and it's time to go 😆

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

Rooney off to Broony.

He’ll never be forgotten up here, he’ll be remembered as a winner while the likes of Atkinson will ride off into the sunset with loser imprinted into his head. 

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’ll never be forgotten up here, he’ll be remembered as a winner while the likes of Atkinson will ride off into the sunset with loser imprinted into his head. 

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

There’s already chat of naming a stand at McDermid after him..B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

There’s already chat of naming a stand at McDermid after him..B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

The Natty Atcky stand?

Boyces beard
26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

:Funny-Post:

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, briever said:

The next level being EPL mediocrity I take it.

I think it'll the the EPL under 23s mediocrity that beckons.

The bounce game filler of English football.

It certainly doesn't look like FIFA's new rules to 'prevent player hoarding' are having any effect on Villa. 

WheatfieldWarrior

Record (?) Reporting Karamoko Dembélé of Celtic is out of contract with future to be decided.

I can remember him playing against Hickey a few years ago and whilst Hickey chose to come to us and with a solid few years in the first team, has move onto bigger things with Bologna.

Dembélé, by contrast has seen first team opportunities limited by injury and players signed ahead of him and as a result has not seen his career move forward.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***