This is what is wrong with modern football

John Findlay

John Findlay

Killian Mbappe, has decided to sign a new three year deal with Paris Saint Germain. 

It's is reported that he will be paid just shy of wait for it, £1M per week, yes read that again, £1M per week.

Here is the funny and laughable bit.

Real Madrid through La Liga are up in arms, as they haven't got their main target on a free transfer and are bitching that his wages are obscene and an affront to football, and question the integrity of the game.

Real Madrid, who still want to create a European Super League, so that they can earn millions and millions of more television money and sponsorship, in order to pay players, the same money, that they are moaning about what PSG will allegedly be paying Mbappe.

My heart bleeds pure Purple piss for them.

I guess there isn't a Spanish word for hypocrisy.

Screenshot_20220522-071243_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’m hopeful that I have enough years in me to see football fans reclaim ‘ The Peoples Game’ and TV  companies GTF.

Real will be spewing after they failed to bid for Haaland as well. 

Raw hypocrisy from the Galacticos. 

Maybe they’ll propose a salary cap for all leagues and European competitions to level the playing field?

RedStarRiot

Real at least generate their own income where PSG are state funded. No doubt folk will call out Real selling a car park, training ground etc but stories of those deals have grown arms and legs. Real generate money at the same levels as Man Utd who are a money making machine. 

I'd be keen for a cap to be brought into football but I have no idea how it could be done across leagues and still have European football and that. Elite level football is so plastic, all just money with no real passion or connection 

Malinga the Swinga

Must be nice getting a £150m signing on fee.

The losses PSG have made over last few years is astonishing yet nothing is or will be done.

Middle East countries fighting proxy war using Western football teams. How the **** did it come to this?

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The losses PSG have made over last few years is astonishing yet nothing is or will be done.

Middle East countries fighting proxy war using Western football teams. How the **** did it come to this?

Greed.

1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

Real at least generate their own income where PSG are state funded. No doubt folk will call out Real selling a car park, training ground etc but stories of those deals have grown arms and legs. Real generate money at the same levels as Man Utd who are a money making machine. 

I'd be keen for a cap to be brought into football but I have no idea how it could be done across leagues and still have European football and that. Elite level football is so plastic, all just money with no real passion or connection 

I think Real have been bailed out by the Spanish government so many times it is embarrassing.

100's of millions as well.

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

i read something yesterday that real madrid were willing to match the £150M signing on fee

The minute Oligrachs and Sheiks got involved we were always destined to get to this point. 

Football would be far better instituting wage caps across the board. 

I passionately don't like Madrid. Their whole 'Galacticos' idea is based on this. That they will pay more than anyone else to make sure they get the best players together, and now that they can't do that anymore the toys are out the pram. 

FIFA do need to step in, but the rampant corruption from top down will prevent any meaningful action. 

Wage caps and fan ownership seems a solid way to go to prevent this sort of nosense. The German 50+1 rule should be adopted throughout Europe to begin to take back control of clubs. 

10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Errrmmm...hipocresía.

coatbridgejambo
11 hours ago, jamboozy said:

I’m hopeful that I have enough years in me to see football fans reclaim ‘ The Peoples Game’ and TV  companies GTF.

This

Leveins Battalion

Not only football clubs but I think the whole World is going to have its pants pulled down by an economic shockwave pretty soon......buckle up.😂

If I was a successful Hearts player I would tell PSG to stick it if they offered that to me.

McGlynn The Money
On 22/05/2022 at 07:43, RedStarRiot said:

Spot on. I think that's the point which some incredibly thick people on here (naming no names) can't seem to understand. 

Also going back to the whole galactico era, they spent big on exciting attacking players but squad balance suffered as a result and they didn't actually win very much. PSG and City on the other hand are able to throw money at it to get the best players in each position.

At least players like Figo and Zidane deserved the record transfers that Madrid paid for them, City spent a 100 million on Jack Grealish ffs...

On 22/05/2022 at 09:23, benny said:

I think Real have been bailed out by the Spanish government so many times it is embarrassing.

100's of millions as well.

Nonsense.

Edited by McGlynn The Money

On 22/05/2022 at 17:26, OTT said:

The minute Oligrachs and Sheiks got involved we were always destined to get to this point. 

Football would be far better instituting wage caps across the board. 

I passionately don't like Madrid. Their whole 'Galacticos' idea is based on this. That they will pay more than anyone else to make sure they get the best players together, and now that they can't do that anymore the toys are out the pram. 

FIFA do need to step in, but the rampant corruption from top down will prevent any meaningful action. 

Wage caps and fan ownership seems a solid way to go to prevent this sort of nosense. The German 50+1 rule should be adopted throughout Europe to begin to take back control of clubs. 

Take back?  European clubs have always been privately owned.

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Spot on. I think that's the point which some incredibly thick people on here (naming no names) can't seem to understand. 

Also going back to the whole galactico era, they spent big on exciting attacking players but squad balance suffered as a result and they didn't actually win very much. PSG and City on the other hand are able to throw money at it to get the best players in each position.

At least players like Figo and Zidane deserved the record transfers that Madrid paid for them, City spent a 100 million on Jack Grealish ffs...

Nonsense.

Madrid along with Barcelona are rotten to the core. You know it too.

You can defend Real Madrid all you want but the only wool you are pulling is over your own eyes.

merseyjambo

How do PSG get round FFP with money like this.

Considering they are paying for Messi, Neymar and Sergio Ramos as well as other high profile big money players.

Time to introduce wage caps across the board. Level up football and make it so more teams can win leagues. 

BelgeJambo
On 22/05/2022 at 18:21, milky_26 said:

i read something yesterday that real madrid were willing to match the £150M signing on fee

Charlie Adams is available 😜

On 22/05/2022 at 19:26, jonesy said:

For me the funniest part is that folk even care about these clubs. 

It's like Hearts (and the res of Scottish football fans) arguing about which OF team they dislike more. Its the whole thing that stinks, not just individual teams. 

Some one gets it 

11 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Nonsense.

What about the deal to sell the training ground? 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-30012094.html

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It's all lies if it's in the British/English media. Only the Madrid/Spanish media report the truth.

kingantti1874

Imagine calling people thick then you n the same breath suggesting Real Madrid generate their own income 😂👌🏻

State funded detestable club who believe they are “entitled” to the best players. 

not only that - their influence over their football association makes rangers and Celtic look amateur in that regard 

McGlynn The Money
41 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

As another poster has said, whatever the rights or wrongs of that deal it was a one off and has grown arms and legs over the years. Also, it was between the Madrid city council and the club, nothing to do with the Spanish Government. 

I gave people the benefit of the doubt and thought they would be able to the difference between the council of a city and the government of a country but there you go.

It could not be more simple. If you subscribe to Sky Sports etc, buy Barcelona tops etc, wank over the 'English' (actually burst out laughing typing that) Premier League and watch the Champions League then YOU are the problem, not these overpaid wanks.

Jambo in Bathgate
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It could not be more simple. If you subscribe to Sky Sports etc, buy Barcelona tops etc, wank over the 'English' (actually burst out laughing typing that) Premier League and watch the Champions League then YOU are the problem, not these overpaid wanks.

You could also add Sky being Rangers and Celtic away TV up here to that!!! 

John Findlay
48 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

As another poster has said, whatever the rights or wrongs of that deal it was a one off and has grown arms and legs over the years. Also, it was between the Madrid city council and the club, nothing to do with the Spanish Government. 

I gave people the benefit of the doubt and thought they would be able to the difference between the council of a city and the government of a country but there you go.

God loves a trier.

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

God loves a trier.

Just stating facts. Something wholly unfamiliar to a Walter Mitty type character.

Skivingatwork

I long for the day when the whole house of cards, that is top level European football, crumbles.

Nookie Bear

Surely the most scandalous aspect of the deal is that Mbappe is being given the option to have an infuence on PSGs transfers.

Heartsofgold
On 22/05/2022 at 07:43, RedStarRiot said:

Are you having a laugh?!?!?  They were slyly bailed out by the Spanish government paying well over the odds for a parcel of land the Real owned.  And by WAY over the odds I'm talking 4 times the perceived, legitimate value of the land at the time of the sale.  They were seen as too big a symbol to fail financially.

Let's face it, football clubs at the level of PSG and Real are corrupted by money.

John Findlay
44 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Just stating facts. Something wholly unfamiliar to a Walter Mitty type character.

The only fact on this thread regarding yourself is you believe the shite you post.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The only fact on this thread regarding yourself is you believe the shite you post.

There was another poster a couple of weeks ago irrationality defending Real - not the same username of course.

McGlynn The Money

Once more for the hard of thinking. Naming no names.

The land deal was between the club and the local council, not the Spanish Government. The total amount that Real Madrid "benefited" was €18.4 million, hardly an eye watering amount for a club that size. The most recent court verdict actually overturned the EU decision that there was something amiss.

The other accusation surrounds tax treatment of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna. As member owned clubs they are not run for profit and do not pay dividends therefore paid tax on that basis. It was ruled that this was wrong and they should have been paying tax at 30% instead of 25%. Again, the figures were not astronomical and they paid the money back so any advantage they supposedly got was undone.

It's not quite the same as Real Madrid being bailed out countless times for millions and millions by the Spanish Government. Unfortunately, some fantasist, self obsessed wind bags on here just keep churning out the same rubbish without having a clue what they are talking about.

To say that these clubs are worse than PSG, which is basically a state sponsored sports washing machine, for a country whose laws belong in the Middle Ages is laughable.

They are already hundreds of millions in debt, are going to be paying Mbappe hundreds of millions in wages and signing on fees and according to reports he gets a say in signings, the director of football position and who the next manager will be. That hardly seems like a good, sensible model.

A lot of people don't like this but football is a market like any other market and has investors and huge revenues so is attractive to invest in.

I agree that too much money is ruining it, esp. with plastic fans. The Super League thing was laughable and didn't happen because football is still football and not some tacky, new-money s show full of people that just don't get football.

We have definitely been slow to catch up with this in Scotland. Hopefully we can grow (as a nation) with financial injections too. Would be great at some point to see a very big minority shareholder in Hearts (with FOH retaining control).

McGlynn The Money
13 minutes ago, briever said:

There was another poster a couple of weeks ago irrationality defending Real - not the same username of course.

There are lots of posters "irrationality" attacking Real Madrid on this thread - not the same usernames of course.

colinmaroon

The corruption in football, which I was slaughtered for stating on here, has just become more transparent since I first posted about it on here over 10 years ago.

The example of the Covid demotion was the last straw for me.   I had watched as much football on Sky and BT, MotD, even Sportscene, as possible.  I cancelled both at that point and only watch Hearts now  with the odd exception (e.g. Scotland) and watch more flippin' tennis now.

The game's a bogey!

18 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Once more for the hard of thinking. Naming no names.

The land deal was between the club and the local council, not the Spanish Government. The total amount that Real Madrid "benefited" was €18.4 million, hardly an eye watering amount for a club that size. The most recent court verdict actually overturned the EU decision that there was something amiss.

The other accusation surrounds tax treatment of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna. As member owned clubs they are not run for profit and do not pay dividends therefore paid tax on that basis. It was ruled that this was wrong and they should have been paying tax at 30% instead of 25%. Again, the figures were not astronomical and they paid the money back so any advantage they supposedly got was undone.

It's not quite the same as Real Madrid being bailed out countless times for millions and millions by the Spanish Government. Unfortunately, some fantasist, self obsessed wind bags on here just keep churning out the same rubbish without having a clue what they are talking about.

To say that these clubs are worse than PSG, which is basically a state sponsored sports washing machine, for a country whose laws belong in the Middle Ages is laughable.

They are already hundreds of millions in debt, are going to be paying Mbappe hundreds of millions in wages and signing on fees and according to reports he gets a say in signings, the director of football position and who the next manager will be. That hardly seems like a good, sensible model.

You would have to be fairly thick if you didn’t think that the Spanish government would have some erm influence over this decision. 

Did the local Madrid council set the very favourable non profit tax privilege? 

And why did the EU have to get involved? Surely the Spanish government would have dealt with this? 

I look forward to your well informed intellectual response. 

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

You would have to be fairly thick if you didn’t think that the Spanish government would have some erm influence over this decision. 

Did the local Madrid council set the very favourable non profit tax privilege? 

And why did the EU have to get involved? Surely the Spanish government would have dealt with this? 

I look forward to your well informed intellectual response. 

On what evidence?

I doubt it. The Madrid council doesn't have much influence in Barcelona, Bilbao or Pamplona.

Off the top of my head, a Catalan MEP reported the matter to the EU.

You're welcome.

Bull's-eye

Looks like Mbappe is a decent lad who's very patriotic and is giving back to his country.

Real Madrid where willing to pay very similar wages to what PSG are going to stump up so not sure why their gurning about that.

Mbappe has sought assurance he'll be allowed to play for France in the Olympics. Wants to stay in France with his family, not really seeing the issue tbh.

Also, if he wants to pick the team, the manager and whoever, that's really not the concern of anybody but the PSG supporters.

Lionel Messi had similar power at Barca when they where winning everything, theirs fans didn't seem to mind.

The Ultimate Worrier
8 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Looks like Mbappe is a decent lad who's very patriotic and is giving back to his country.

Real Madrid where willing to pay very similar wages to what PSG are going to stump up so not sure why their gurning about that.

Mbappe has sought assurance he'll be allowed to play for France in the Olympics. Wants to stay in France with his family, not really seeing the issue tbh.

Also, if he wants to pick the team, the manager and whoever, that's really not the concern of anybody but the PSG supporters.

Lionel Messi had similar power at Barca when they where winning everything, theirs fans didn't seem to mind.

Exactly, when they were winning. The club hasn't won a league for 3 years and it's last Champions League was 7 years ago. A lot of the financial problems it's experiencing now are due to the exorbitant sums splashes out to keep Messi and his pals happy and it led to huge splits in the dressing room.

One player having so much power is a recipe for disaster.

It doesn't even shock people anymore because the figures in football are stupid but translated into pounds the average person on £10 an hour would have to work for 55 years to earn what he earns in 7 days. 

Every 7 days.

Even Rudi Skacel didn't get paid all that, and he was a player 🇱🇻

McGlynn The Money
16 hours ago, 151 said:

It doesn't even shock people anymore because the figures in football are stupid but translated into pounds the average person on £10 an hour would have to work for 55 years to earn what he earns in 7 days. 

Every 7 days.

Even Rudi Skacel didn't get paid all that, and he was a player 🇱🇻

Rudi would deserve that money though.

Unknown user
On 22/05/2022 at 07:31, jamboozy said:

We should be grateful we're at the right level of football, this NFL style glossy product is a real turn off. I feel like the Scottish League has more in common with the Isthmian league than the EPL, and that's fine by me.

Unknown user
On 22/05/2022 at 07:26, John Findlay said:

Killian Mbappe, has decided to sign a new three year deal with Paris Saint Germain. 

It's is reported that he will be paid just shy of wait for it, £1M per week, yes read that again, £1M per week.

Here is the funny and laughable bit.

Real Madrid through La Liga are up in arms, as they haven't got their main target on a free transfer and are bitching that his wages are obscene and an affront to football, and question the integrity of the game.

Real Madrid, who still want to create a European Super League, so that they can earn millions and millions of more television money and sponsorship, in order to pay players, the same money, that they are moaning about what PSG will allegedly be paying Mbappe.

My heart bleeds pure Purple piss for them.

Screenshot_20220522-071243_Samsung Internet.jpg

I heard he was quitting for a job as a train driver

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We should be grateful we're at the right level of football, this NFL style glossy product is a real turn off. I feel like the Scottish League has more in common with the Isthmian league than the EPL, and that's fine by me.

I don’t know why people pretend to have some kind of link and love for brands like man utd, real madrid etc.

Cheer at their tvs and have this weird fake relationship with clubs that pay players £100s of thousands a week.  

Give me Hearts and Scottish football over that plastic pish any day of the week.