BBC “Scotland”

FWJ

Currently their top two  stories are about Rangers winning the cup.

How much further up Rangers’ fundament can they get?  Literally pathetic.

Commentary on the game at times was like watching rangers tv

🤢

And camera close ups of morelos, John greig and bloody Mcleish while the game was going on! 😤

south morocco

They were at it this morning on the breakfast thing . Was all about rangers , we were only there to make up the fixture.

6 minutes ago, south morocco said:

They were at it this morning on the breakfast thing . Was all about rangers , we were only there to make up the fixture.

Like every other club in Scotland (bar one - obvs) we’re the ballast.

glynnlondon
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The most awful build up to a game I have ever seen let alone a final.

Like a pre season mate damp squib all game

ScandinavianJambo
36 minutes ago, topsport said:

🤢

And camera close ups of morelos, John greig and bloody Mcleish while the game was going on! 😤

This! It was the most unbiased commentary I have ever experienced. A disgrace. 💩🤬

I recorded but obviously didn't watch the coverage back. How did they negotiate  the 3hr coverage with no interviews etc from that lot?

Edited by jambo1975

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, topsport said:

🤢

It was appalling.  I muted the sound and watched the game in silence.

SpruceBringsteen

"Enjoyed" "our" player sucking off Tavernier before the game started. 

Club's a soft touch. We own the club and let it be. :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'm a bit pissed so forgive me but the BBC news 24 has the headline "Rangers beat Hearts 2-0 in Scottish cup final "without saying after extra time. That annoys me no end!!!:seething:

My old mum said Sportscene's build up was all about Rangers and when a Hearts player was finally interviewed he was asked what he thought..............about Rangers. 😄

Ron Burgundy
10 hours ago, south morocco said:

Our performance proved that. 

Ex member of the SaS

During the game the commentator said something along the lines of: they are playing well FROM A HEARTS POINT OF VIEW. His allegiance is clear when they make such comments.

3 hours ago, martoon said:

My old mum said Sportscene's build up was all about Rangers and when a Hearts player was finally interviewed he was asked what he thought..............about Rangers. 😄

Actually sums up BBC Scotland to a T. Their coverage of the match generally was abysmal.  The build up as usual for them consisted of unrestrained fawning on everything Rangers. Disgusting for a broadcaster paid for out of public funds and whose first rule should be impartiality.

vegas-voss
6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Actually sums up BBC Scotland to a T. Their coverage of the match generally was abysmal.  The build up as usual for them consisted of unrestrained fawning on everything Rangers. Disgusting for a broadcaster paid for out of public funds and whose first rule should be impartiality.

It's so baffling as well as their fans and the club cannot stand them

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Mine just said the same.  And she's from Glasgow and nominally a Rangers fan.

BangkokHearts

"As soon as Hearts moved closer to the third spot the monkeys start to squeal, lie and create conspiracy plots." 

- Vladimir Nikolayevich Romanov 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Listening to what was said on TV and radio after the Europa League final it was all sympathy for the rangers fans. I even heard a few pundits saying they hoped that they would lift the Scottish cup because a few poor bairns were photographed crying

Doctor FinnBarr
18 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

"As soon as Hearts moved closer to the third spot the monkeys start to squeal, lie and create conspiracy plots." 

Exactly

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

That's what gets me. The butt smooching is sickening yet they won't go into Ibrox.

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Mine just said the same.  And she's from Glasgow and nominally a Rangers fan.

She had no idea who the Hearts player was, mind, just that it wasn't Craig Gordon, Rudi or Robbo. 😄

17 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Listening to what was said on TV and radio after the Europa League final it was all sympathy for the rangers fans. I even heard a few pundits saying they hoped that they would lift the Scottish cup because a few poor bairns were photographed crying

The BBC Scotland news on Saturday morning had the line “the final gives Rangers the opportunity to lift the trophy”. It was as if they were the only team playing in the game.  It’s a sickening reminder of how pathetically parochial BBC Glasgow actually is. The rest of the country pay for this biased claptrap that they produce week in week out.

9 seconds after the start of the match Liam MacLeod mentioned Hearts losing the league title in 1986?????????

What relevance does that have apart from negativity

Absolute bell end.

jambos are go!
11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The most awful build up to a game I have ever seen let alone a final.

I stopped watching the build up and follow up to all sporting events about 30 years ago. Just watch the event now and avoid uniformed drivel never mind bias. Life enhancing.

Yet I put up with JKB. Bewildering.

Jambos dad

It was appalling to watch the 60 minute pre match studio programme. One story about Seville, one about Walter Smith and one about Tavernier and two quick talks with Hearts players who just happened to have played for Rangers 

Jean Louis Valois
22 minutes ago, merrymac said:

9 seconds after the start of the match Liam MacLeod mentioned Hearts losing the league title in 1986?????????

Absolute bell end.

Can't listen to that wee rodents commentary, the worst of the worst. 

PortyBeach
53 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The BBC Scotland news on Saturday morning had the line “the final gives Rangers the opportunity to lift the trophy”. It was as if they were the only team playing in the game.  It’s a sickening reminder of how pathetically parochial BBC Glasgow actually is. The rest of the country pay for this biased claptrap that they produce week in week out.

The laugh is TRFC and its fans accuse BBC of anti-Ibrox bias!

Bizarre considering how BBC reporters dutifully comply with the “same club” myth…

05644F82-BEF0-40B9-A09C-D8E7B4067AA9.jpeg

Radio Scotland devoted themselves to the game in Seville and not just for few hours of coverage.  Their breakfast and drivetime shows were out there.

Yet they are still not allowed into Ibrox - it's pathetic.

Tasavallan
4 hours ago, BangkokHearts said:

Just because he was as mad as a box of frogs does not mean he wasn't right.  Sometimes I miss the old reprobate.

Riccarton3
4 hours ago, merrymac said:

Absolute bell end.

No, I'd struggle to see the relevance of 1986. Unless it was in relation to the Europa Cup Final loss for Rangers?

I wouldn't hear that as I have to watch my team in a scottish cup final on mute.Unfortunately, McLeod is so bad.

And he will know how his commentary in 2020 was slaughtered for bias, resulting in complaints to the national broadcaster. Instead of accepting some of the obvious lack of impartiality that we all heard that day I imagine he is beelin' for his commentary to be questioned. 

I also never heard any pre or post match. 

I don't understand why they can't show pictures before kick off of outside the studio and just have us hear the pundits. That's where the build up is, not in.the studio.

Edited by Riccarton3

23 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Just because he was as mad as a box of frogs does not mean he wasn't right.  Sometimes I miss the old reprobate.

He had the whole lot of them well sussed very quickly, the media, the SFA blazers and the referees.  Spot on about them all. 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He had the whole lot of them well sussed very quickly, the media, the SFA blazers and the referees.  Spot on about them all. 

Remember, he was one of the first, if not first, to say what should happen to Rangers. There seemed no revelling in it. Just matter of fact. And it needed no translation. 

CF11JamTart
4 hours ago, merrymac said:

Absolute bell end.

That was one of many "WTF?" moments that I had with BBC coverage. 

And when I switched on, it felt like I'd stepped in to a Seville Retrospective. 

And McLeish can just GTF. 

CF11JamTart
4 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

The laugh is TRFC and its fans accuse BBC of anti-Ibrox bias!

Bizarre considering how BBC reporters dutifully comply with the “same club” myth…

05644F82-BEF0-40B9-A09C-D8E7B4067AA9.jpeg

I like this! Thanks for sharing. 

5 hours ago, Deevers said:

It was the same on 5live yesterday morning. Apart from the fact that it's a statement of the bleedingly obvious i.e. 'team in cup final have chance of winning trophy', while they're making such a vacuous statement they might mention that it's at least a theoretical possibility that the 'other team' could also win a trophy. They also mentioned who the pundits for the game would be on 5live and guess what? Neither had any Hearts connection, because who cares about the non Old-firm team?

Weakened Offender
6 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

They can't stand the SFA too, which is quite odd. 

With Sevco it's noticeable that the cup win (and their last league title win) has to be expressed not for its own sake but in the context of ALL the other honours the deico won eg "first cup win in 13 years" - with no explanation/context  as to why this is so  - and their last league title being the "55th". 

It was the same on the main ITV bulletin last night.

CF11JamTart
33 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

With Sevco it's noticeable that the cup win (and their last league title win) has to be expressed not for its own sake but in the context of ALL the other honours the deico won eg "first cup win in 13 years" - with no explanation/context  as to why this is so  - and their last league title being the "55th". 

It was the same on the main ITV bulletin last night.

It also pissed me off, the number of times that Roddy Forsyth referred to "150 years" in the Seville commentary / round up on Five Live. 

It was like he'd gobbled down the Ibrox press kit. 

PortyBeach

Good comments on here all of which accurately reflect the unhealthy, pathetic, relationship the media in Scotland has with the Ugly Sisters in general and Ibrox in particular.

7ED4AC42-2510-4E10-8B19-BEEBBA427300.jpeg

One of the many myths spouted by the media is that Glasgow loves football. Try telling that to supporters of Clyde,  Patrick Thistle, Queens Park or the late lamented Third Lanark.  It doesn’t, the City loves sectarianism .

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

One of the many myths spouted by the media is that Glasgow loves football. Try telling that to supporters of Clyde,  Patrick Thistle, Queens Park or the late lamented Third Lanark.  It doesn’t, the City loves sectarianism .

Considering Clyde haven't played home games in Glasgow for nigh on 20/25 years now. Next season will be playing home games at Hamilton Accies.

PortyBeach
2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Yes, it’s a bit crazy that Third Lanark’s difficulties didn’t generate much support from the football authorities in Scotland.

No doubt fans in Glasgow in 1967 were distracted by the Old Firm’s European exploits, but that ignores the bigger picture…

D7E29E9C-1544-4BC9-83B2-72C6811BEF61.jpeg

BBC Scotland in Glasgow bias shock.

Seems some are more upset at that than our performance.

Edited by Gambo

Ex member of the SaS

The BBC radio show Sunday afternoon was worse. Only caught the end but they were harping on about Sevco winning the cup for the first time in 13 years. NO muppets it's the FIRST time ever. Practically the whole show ( that I caught ) was licking the Sevco bum. Even that toad Levein was at it, talking up how they would have won in Seville had they had Moreloss. Token mention of Craig then straight on to McGregor.

PortyBeach
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Aspects of the performance just weren’t good enough and I think we’re all agreed on that. Zero shots on target, for example.

But those points already being discussed  on another thread.

You’re right: it’s hardly news that BBC Glasgow is guilty of bias. It never fails to grate, nonetheless.

Riccarton3
3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Plenty threads to discuss that e.g. RN tactics. You can get your sack of manure tipped there.

Jambos dad
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

You are right Gambo. The performance is far more important, but on the other hand, thank goodness BBC Scotland were not in charge of ticket allocation or we would have been lucky to get 10%of the tickets