The Hampden experience

kila

What has the SFA actually done to it since buying it?

There's holes in the roof and the toilets are still a disgrace for starters...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• briever

• stirlo

• John Findlay

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doctor jambo
Just now, kila said:

I was in the upper deck and it’s really nice, but it’s in a shit hole, poor access, miles from the pitch.

Should be knocked down and moved somewhere else 70k stadium, not in glasgow

1 minute ago, kila said:

Nothing. It was just a cynical backwards step to make sure they kept football in Glasgow. 

The stadium is a dump and we're a small enough country that we should be looking at clubbing our football and rugby stadiums together to build something which is truly representative of a developed country. I genuinely could see Hampden cut and pasted into some eastern bloc post soviet collapse backwater. Compare it with Wembley or the Aviva Stadium. Its an absolute embarrassment. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Like the city it is based in, it is a shitehole that would benefit from being completely demolished and left for nature to reclaim.

simplesimon

I was sitting in the South stand row x and could still feel he rain before kick off.  Less than 5% of the seats in the stadium ae actually up to par and the transport links are terrible.  Please move it.

When someone farts it lingers forever, there was someone near me who, in my opinion needs medical help, I have now developed lungs like a Polynesian pearl diver by holding my breath for so long.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

Green toilet doors and around the taps is so embarrassing

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Like the city it is based in, it is a shitehole that would benefit from being completely demolished and left for nature to reclaim.

Absolutely, never came across folk with such an inferiority complex about their city :D 

'Aw maaaatee its a glesgae thing you wudnae get it'

or 

'awww only in glesgae haw haw haw' 

'The peepul are so friendly' meanwhile on alternating weeks you've got between 50 and 60 thousand people turning their stadiums into a cathedral of hate, glorifying terrorists or promoting sectarianism. 

Its a shame the government couldn't just step on and be adults here. Build a purpose built stadium for both football and rugby. Sell both and and have a stadium that everyone can be proud of. 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't talk pish.

Glasgow is a vibrant city .

Full of good boozers and places to eat.

Hampden is an utter beamer.

As is Scotlands train network.

Old fashioned carriages that smell of damp.

For all the routes we are still not home.

Kings park to Central 

Joke.

Hearts1975
8 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

When someone farts it lingers forever, there was someone near me who, in my opinion needs medical help, I have now developed lungs like a Polynesian pearl diver by holding my breath for so long.

🤣 

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Green toilet doors and around the taps is so embarrassing

Correct. Which is further proof of how un-neutral, this alleged neutral venue is.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, never came across folk with such an inferiority complex about their city :D 

'Aw maaaatee its a glesgae thing you wudnae get it'

or 

'awww only in glesgae haw haw haw' 

'The peepul are so friendly' meanwhile on alternating weeks you've got between 50 and 60 thousand people turning their stadiums into a cathedral of hate, glorifying terrorists or promoting sectarianism. 

Its a shame the government couldn't just step on and be adults here. Build a purpose built stadium for both football and rugby. Sell both and and have a stadium that everyone can be proud of. 

At least half of those 50 thousand commute in.

Have you lot even been out through the weeg?

Edinburgh is a bit shit in cparison

Apart from the distance to the pitch and the fact that it’s decidedly unimpressive to look at I actually don’t think it’s that bad.  

Having lived in Edinburgh and Glasgow as well I don’t really get the hate for Glasgow tbh. Outside of the football bubble it’s got some class wee venues, good bars and restaurants and the people genuinely are pretty sound for the most part. Every area has it’s dregs, Edinburgh included.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Correct. Which is further proof of how un-neutral, this alleged neutral venue is.

Yeah not green on the other side it’s the first thing I noticed going in it’s pathetic. Place is a dive 

Nae non binary bogs so I was forced to pish my pants. 

Shaking with rage.

Just now, Squirt said:

Apart from the distance to the pitch and the fact that it’s decidedly unimpressive to look at I actually don’t think it’s that bad.  

Having lived in Edinburgh and Glasgow as well I don’t really get the hate for Glasgow tbh. Outside of the football bubble it’s got some class wee venues, good bars and restaurants and the people genuinely are pretty sound for the most part. Every area has it’s dregs, Edinburgh included.

Cringe when we sing we’re from the capital your from a shite hole. As if Edinburgh is any better

Just now, Ked said:

Yup been through, was treated to a republican march that had been corralled in some side street. Never seen so many police vans in my life.

AuldReekiee
1 minute ago, Squirt said:

If you ignore that fact that it's a shit stadium it can be anything you want it to be.

3 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

If you ignore that fact that it's a shit stadium it can be anything you want it to be.

If we’d won today I don’t think anyone would give a flying **** about the stadium and its god forsaken green taps and doors! 

Just something to moan about after a tough day. Everyone’s allowed an opinion, just giving mine and I don’t think it’s particularly shite.

Edited by Squirt

jam doughnut
15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The whole of Glasgow is a bit of a dump tbh

Really? Behave yourself.

15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The whole of Glasgow is a bit of a dump tbh

Perhaps had you joined us for a trip to the GOMA followed by lunch at Malmaison prior to the match, then you might not have such a jaundiced viewpoint.

15 minutes ago, Ked said:

Again pish talk

Of course it is. Ignorance is bliss, though.

37 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I was in the upper deck and it’s really nice, but it’s in a shit hole, poor access, miles from the pitch.

Should be knocked down and moved somewhere else 70k stadium, not in glasgow

Murrayfield would save a few Bob!

Its a terrible place to watch football. Facilties are rotten and you spend more time in traffic getting out the area than you do watching the game. After a win its torrible, after defeat its f☆cking terrible. 

I genuinely still to this day don't have a problem with the place. If they replicate the main stand on the opposite side it would be superb.

Pasquale for King

Absolute shitehole. 
Would love to see more smoke there like today, as it burns down. 

MaskedMarauder
52 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

7 rows from the front in the south stand in line with the penalty box by any chance? 

It's a dreadful stadium. Terrible for viewing, poor for atmosphere and substandard facilities. Unfortunately it's difficult to see them rebuilding it for a long time. What would a new 60k stadium cost nowadays? You'd be looking at many hundreds of millions and possibly more.

heartsfc_fan

The toilets in particular are laughable. Taps not working, puddles on the floor, broken tiles. This is meant to be our national stadium 😂

Malinga the Swinga
44 minutes ago, Ked said:

Are Rangers are having parade through Glasgow for winning cup or Celtic for winning league?

Oh wait, they aren't allowed to. The only city where victory parades not allowed. 

Yet apparently it is such a marvellous place, and is full of friendly people.

Hmm, doesn't seem to add up.

Naisys Tackle

Hampden is fantastic when we win.  Pish when we lose.

Same old. 

It's better supporting Scotland there though and that's what the national stadium should be built for. 

Radio Ga Ga

It’s an absolute shit hole, all that spare land behind the goals could be used to build a couple of brilliant stands. 

Japan Jambo

Not fit for purpose. Had hospitality tickets for the sky terrace in the North stand. Bit of a joke from start to finish between the ticket pickup opening half an hour later than advertised and there being no directions on how to get there. The staff there are completely clueless.

Food offerings were close to non existent though bar prices were fair. The seats were lovely but still too far away to get a decent view.

Getting to and from the place is a nightmare.

Walking past the Rangers skylounge I note it was open at least a full half hour before ours.

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Don't talk pish.

Glasgow is a vibrant city .

Full of good boozers and places to eat.

Hampden is an utter beamer.

As is Scotlands train network.

Old fashioned carriages that smell of damp.

For all the routes we are still not home.

Kings park to Central 

Joke.

Aye kings park after the game was a joke. Why not run a few extra services when they know the fitba is on? Instead of cramming into an old rickety train with bairns crying cos they can’t move. It’s a joke. 

the general

Was behind the goals row CCC or something great view and good atmosphere

Problem is there are so many shit views unlike Wembley

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

😂😂😂😂 

Section I2 today and seats missing in the batch we had. Just hard to believe that no-one has checked for missing seats since last event there 

Kennedy Bakircioglu

It would be perfectly reasonable if they somehow just moved the stands behind the goals closer to the pitch

Toilet facilities are an absolute joke. Was in Upper tier K section today,  2 toilets with couple of urinals and couple of cubicles to accommodate hundreds of fans in that section, queues were ridiculous. Heard one head steward say today when someone asked to get into one of the suite sections to use a toilet ' pish yourself then, it's no skin off my nose' I know he wouldn't get into suite to use toilet but the number of facilities are terrible.  Ot fit for purpose 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

I didn't smell it but we were in G4 KK, wife moved out to the aisle and said it was like someone had shit themselves

south morocco

I think we all agree this place should  be  demolished. Todays experience with my 12 year old kid confirmed that by their unprejudiced first time  assessment. What do we know tho 

As trivial as it is they need more toilets ffs - massive crowds trying to get in to 1 door at HT. Took me 15 mins just to get in

Percival King
3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Excellent. You've given me the biggest laugh since the reaction in our end when Aaron Ramsey's name was read out pre-match by the stadium announcer. Without wanting to be a defender of the Hampden experience, I'm not sure you can blame the stadium for farts lingering and for their strength. It's very much an every football ground odour (or just a Jambos one?) and I thinks it's more to do with pies and beer, but perhaps more research is required.

3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

😄

Anyone who has been to a national studium in other countries, will appreciate how pish Hampden is.

Ibrox and Celtic Park are both bigger and better.  Of couse Murrayfield is better than all of them.

larbert_jambo

Hate the place, so far from the pitch and the toilets are laughable. 

When we were heading to the ground from Central we were told the Mount Florida train.... I questioned it and was told to get on by station staff and the police only for 5mins later they asked all Hearts fans to get off and get on the Kings Park train. Joke.

Edited by larbert_jambo

Glasgow is …. ok.  Just okay, like Leeds or Sheffield.  It’s meh. 
It’s not quite the dismal dump that some might think, but it’s nothing special.  Yeah, there are some nice places to eat and drink, but in a city of 1m+ you’d kinda hope so.

Hampden, though, is s**t.  It’s a saucer in the middle of the ‘burbs.  Like having the national football stadium in, I dunno - Morningside.

SwindonJambo

I've been at 7 out of the 9 cup finals (wee and big cups) we've been in since 1986. I've used the train for at least part of my travels for them all. ScotRail were absolutely abysmal today and the worst I've ever experienced for a football occasion anywhere. The trains were all going to Mount Florida with supporters mixed when I left Glasgow Central at 2 ish. Our train was stationery in the middle of nowhere for no reason for at least 10 minutes before we waded past the Rangers End to our end, taking up our seats at about 10 to 3. Luckily the atmosphere between the supports was reasonably friendly  but on another day may not have been.

Loads of trains back to Edinburgh from Queen Street after the game were cancelled, meaning that what few there were, were absolutely rammed to the roof.

I understand the FM recently said we have a model railway system. After today's clusterfork, I think we might actually be better off with a model railway.