No drive

NB GIN

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

True although we need some perspective. 

That sevco team are miles ahead of us in all departments other than the keeper. 

3 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Budget end of.

2 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

1st half we competed well, but 2nd half was torture, was only a matter of time until they scored, Souttar was brilliant, beaten by a much better team, miles ahead of us.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

They really are. Miles ahead tbf

It's nice to see a sense of perspective. Sevco, in and around the box, are very good, but then they should be given how much they have spent6. We did well to match them in the first half, and to take them to extra time in the second.

Over the piece we have done well this season,thanks mainly to CG. Next season we can improve further.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NB GIN

• Riccarton3

• Dazzle

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Zero belief, zero fire in their bellies.

Awful tactics/performance for a Cup Final.

No change of set up when things not working.

Injured players allowed to stay on.

There was no team today, no togetherness, no fight on the park or on touchline.

Craig Gordon again today showed the reason we finished 3rd.

Neilson got everything he could get wrong, wrong today. He sent a team out in a Cup Final with zero belief.

He takes plaudits, he must take the criticism that comes his way tonight/tomorrow.

It was disappointing how it panned out, as you say. To play 120 minutes and not have a shot on target is shocking.

There was a lack of ambition about us.

Despite the narrative about Rangers being exhausted it was our team that looked tired and lethargic today. 

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Hes hardly going to moan if we go 1 up, ok they have a bigger budget but we had chances which were not taken, we waste a lot, soapy and halkett did very well but that was the only part of our defence worth marks, obviously gordon was superb, our full backs were outplayed, folk moaning because others are not happy, the fact is some of us dont like losing end off.

The point was,originally, whether this nothing that we offered was for the entire game. From the match thread folks seemed ok with the first half. Some folk just can't wait to post negative shite.

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Hes hardly going to moan if we go 1 up, ok they have a bigger budget but we had chances which were not taken, we waste a lot, soapy and halkett did very well but that was the only part of our defence worth marks, obviously gordon was superb, our full backs were outplayed, folk moaning because others are not happy, the fact is some of us dont like losing end off.

It's not that anybody likes losing, it's how you deal with it.

Some behave like babies, some like juveniles, some like adults.

Roll with punches is my advice.

jock _turd

Just as well most of the bamstixs moaning on here tonight were not there the day we got turned over by that lot in a final 5-1 under JJ and BB they would be throwing themselves into the Forth off a high bridge! ... that night we had a great night out celebrating being in a final even though we were gubbed ... then when we did them in 98 well that was a weekend... just as well it was a holiday weekend too!

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I am not going to argue with you mate but exactly where is the money going to come from for SIX !!!! quality signings! One quality signing would sink our club we do not have that sort of money.

Rangers have two teams of players that could have won today. They brought on two ex Aberdeen players and low and behold they score. Did they do that for Aberdeen. Rangers had threat on both wings. Fullback and winger. They doubled up on our wingbacks making them ineffective. The gulf in budget cost us today. Had we the money we would have matched them. Unfortunately we are we’re we are. Best of the rest. Consistently finishing third will boost our budget but we need patience. Nothing is built in a night. 

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Rangers have two teams of players that could have won today. They brought on two ex Aberdeen players and low and behold they score. Did they do that for Aberdeen. Rangers had threat on both wings. Fullback and winger. They doubled up on our wingbacks making them ineffective. The gulf in budget cost us today. Had we the money we would have matched them. Unfortunately we are we’re we are. Best of the rest. Consistently finishing third will boost our budget but we need patience. Nothing is built in a night. 

Spot on.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Spot on.

I would also add that 5 subs also leaves any non bigot brother team at a disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Was this for the whole game? I notice you only posted on the match thread after we went behind. No comments before then to highlight concern.

First 10mins aside I think 99% of those in attendance would say aye.

32 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Just as well most of the bamstixs moaning on here tonight were not there the day we got turned over by that lot in a final 5-1 under JJ and BB they would be throwing themselves into the Forth off a high bridge! ... that night we had a great night out celebrating being in a final even though we were gubbed ... then when we did them in 98 well that was a weekend... just as well it was a holiday weekend too!

Yep they would have been calling for JJ to be sacked after that! 

32 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's not that anybody likes losing, it's how you deal with it.

Some behave like babies, some like juveniles, some like adults.

Roll with punches is my advice.

And some say it it how it was.

We were set up poorly, played poorly. Zero shots on target in 120min of a Cup Final says it all.

Zero belief and fight says even more.

Neilson got it badly wrong today, it is okay to say that.

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

First 10mins aside I think 99% of those in attendance would say aye.

Oh, first ten minutes aside. And 99%? Wow. 

Not really recognisable from match thread and there's no viewer stats.

Second half - not even an issue but I struggle to see a lack of fight, application and forward movement in the first half.

Edited by Riccarton3

Bull's-eye
7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And some say it it how it was.

We were set up poorly, played poorly. Zero shots on target in 120min of a Cup Final says it all.

Zero belief and fight says even more.

Neilson got it badly wrong today, it is okay to say that.

Coming from you I couldn't give a shiny one tbh.

Rational joined up posting isn't your strongest point.

Enjoy the rest of your misery.

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Oh, first ten minutes aside. And 99%? Wow. 

Not really recognisable from match thread and there's no viewer stats.

Second half - not even an issue but I struggle to see a lack of fight, application and forward movement in the first half.

First half was awful from both teams. 

If you saw any fight/application/movement from Hearts today then let me know what boozer/club you were booked in beforehand.

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

First half was awful from both teams. 

If you saw any fight/application/movement from Hearts today then let me know what boozer/club you were booked in beforehand.

How did Hearts create their chance that hit the post?  I saw players winning  the ball back, tackling on touchlines, scrapping, some decent possession in spells. Also, what would you have done differently in the first half?

Edited by Riccarton3

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Rangers are a level above. 

Gordon and Souttar 10/10... Boyce was good. 

The rest... less said the better.

It's galling that of the two players who were on a par with their rangers counterparts, one of them is going to rangers.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 hours ago, jager man said:

It was the 96/97 season so your not wrong in my book.

He said 'treat it like 97' so he was wrong. 

On 21/05/2022 at 18:16, Dazzle said:

Are you joking? Boyce offered nothing and was toiling after about an hour. 

We definitely got worse when he went off. 
Did Halliday touch the ball ? 

On 21/05/2022 at 18:16, Dazzle said:

Are you joking? Boyce offered nothing and was toiling after about an hour. 

That's bollocks - Boyce was once again asked to play a role that doesn't suit him - he did it, whether it was that effective I am not convinced - but we were certainly shitter with him off the park.

Bazzas right boot
On 21/05/2022 at 17:27, NB GIN said:

The only player that moves forward is souttar. Absolute static performance we need players that can move 

our midfielders are very static, Haring, Halliday or Devlin rarely carry the ball forward, commit opposition players and pass with any success.

Mckay, Boyce, Simms, Aki, Souttar do try.

Holyrood_Hearts
On 21/05/2022 at 17:37, tcjambo said:

The display by Atkinson was one of the worst I've ever seen from a Hearts player. I don't think he won a single challenge all afternoon.

That’s a bit dramatic. The tactics yesterday left him & Cochrane completely exposed time & time again. Kent & Bassey doubled up on him & he got no support, same with Tavernier & Diallo on Cochrane’s side. 

Holyrood_Hearts
29 minutes ago, briever said:

That's bollocks - Boyce was once again asked to play a role that doesn't suit him - he did it, whether it was that effective I am not convinced - but we were certainly shitter with him off the park.

Agreed 

On 21/05/2022 at 19:36, Gambo said:

Zero belief, zero fire in their bellies.

Awful tactics/performance for a Cup Final.

No change of set up when things not working.

Injured players allowed to stay on.

There was no team today, no togetherness, no fight on the park or on touchline.

Craig Gordon again today showed the reason we finished 3rd.

Neilson got everything he could get wrong, wrong today. He sent a team out in a Cup Final with zero belief.

He takes plaudits, he must take the criticism that comes his way tonight/tomorrow.

Agree!, without Craig Gordon I doubt if we would have achieved 3rd, without Craig Gordon I doubt we would have got to the final!, strange thing is we competed with Celtic at Tynecastle a few months back and had them on the ropes in the 2nd half so we can compete with the ugly sisters!, Collum booking Haring so early I think may have put our players off from challenging 50/50 balls and generally getting into their faces! Haring couldn't play his normal game as Collum was looking for any excuse to send Haring off in my opinion! All season we have been a team that has played half a match and the warning signs where there last week when Rangers fielded basically a reserve team and humped us with ease! Stage fright?, to many Rangers connections?, a manager that on numerous occasions this season failed to see what was obvious to the majority of us supporters how to change the game with tactical formation changes! 

Turkishcap
On 21/05/2022 at 19:44, SteauaNeedarest said:

Yes the budget meant we had no shots on target. FFS.

Exactly better quality players would have meant some shots.😉

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Malco said:

Agree!, without Craig Gordon I doubt if we would have achieved 3rd, without Craig Gordon I doubt we would have got to the final!, strange thing is we competed with Celtic at Tynecastle a few months back and had them on the ropes in the 2nd half so we can compete with the ugly sisters!, Collum booking Haring so early I think may have put our players off from challenging 50/50 balls and generally getting into their faces! Haring couldn't play his normal game as Collum was looking for any excuse to send Haring off in my opinion! All season we have been a team that has played half a match and the warning signs where there last week when Rangers fielded basically a reserve team and humped us with ease! Stage fright?, to many Rangers connections?, a manager that on numerous occasions this season failed to see what was obvious to the majority of us supporters how to change the game with tactical formation changes! 

Remember and wipe your chin. 

What a pile of shite. 

Your last part is a belter. Funniest thing on here since the last slaver grenade went off. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Unknown user
On 21/05/2022 at 17:55, NB GIN said:

What’s shite about stating the obvious 

On 21/05/2022 at 17:55, NB GIN said:

You are clueless

It's bad when you're telling yourself to **** off

thecarnbeejambo

i think we agree that the runners up in the europa league.. cant even write their name... have the bigger budget and by definition players of a higher quality.. but why did they look fitter than us.. we looked like we were running on empty they looked like they could have played on for another30 mins. that surely has nothing to do with a players quality...

Independence
On 21/05/2022 at 17:34, Herbert. said:

Shit tactics today cost us. If we went at them we would've won. I'm away to look at holidays to make myself feel better.

What nonsense. Look at Sevco's success this season including their run in Europe. The bigots have a huge budget and that showed yesterday. This has been a wonderful season taking everything into consideration. 

If we went at them we would've won.......Aye right!!!!!

1 hour ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

i think we agree that the runners up in the europa league.. cant even write their name... have the bigger budget and by definition players of a higher quality.. but why did they look fitter than us.. we looked like we were running on empty they looked like they could have played on for another30 mins. that surely has nothing to do with a players quality...

They made 5 changes from that other final team, so plenty of fresh legs in there.Players like Bassey and Tavernier are also obviously just naturally extremely fit 

We had 3 players who had played very little football in the run up to the game, and at least two having pain killing injections to play.

We also had a number of young players playing in their first final, who would burn a lot of nervous energy throughout the game, especially with the Huns having the bulk of possession.

The reasons are there if you look a bit more closely

4 hours ago, Independence said:

What nonsense. Look at Sevco's success this season including their run in Europe. The bigots have a huge budget and that showed yesterday. This has been a wonderful season taking everything into consideration. 

If we went at them we would've won.......Aye right!!!!!

The first 15-20mins we were the better team. We gave them a easy game after  they are the ones that played 120mins a few days before. We should have tired them out but we let them walk around.

We were outplayed by a far better team.  I agree though with the posters who say why were they much fitter than us even in extra time?  Surely after the last month, that should have been us.

I expected us to run them ragged in extra time.

Nessjambo67
On 21/05/2022 at 20:29, Scott Leitch said:

Neilson is a shite bag. 

The end. 

I think that is harsh  we had the strongest team available to us out there . I think the players must take some responsibility as well they never hurt rangers at all . Is Neilson the man to take us to the next level ? I’m not convinced 

Scott Leitch
9 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

I think that is harsh  we had the strongest team available to us out there . I think the players must take some responsibility as well they never hurt rangers at all . Is Neilson the man to take us to the next level ? I’m not convinced 

Nothing to do with the team he picked. It was his negative tactics. Why didn't he try and stretch the game. Get the ball wide. Everything seemed so narrow and predictable. Very easy for the Rangers defence.

Huge opportunity missed. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

The fact that we were pegged back for 80% of the game, Robbie couldn't change it to find a solution to get into the game or the player's were out just outclassed by better players 

No shots at goal you don't deserve to win, we looked unfit compared to Rangers maybe down to easing up the last couple of weeks, team continuity match fit doubts over player's, Devlin,Halliday, Boyce, Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley,all having injuries recently and Rangers managing their squad better  

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Nothing to do with the team he picked. It was his negative tactics. Why didn't he try and stretch the game. Get the ball wide. Everything seemed so narrow and predictable. Very easy for the Rangers defence.

Huge opportunity missed. 

Not for me, the first 10 minutes showed what we were trying to do and we were competing for most of the first half.

john thomas
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

We were outplayed by a far better team.  I agree though with the posters who say why were they much fitter than us even in extra time?  Surely after the last month, that should have been us.

I expected us to run them ragged in extra time.

They did the same against Celtic in the semi final 

14 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

That’s a bit dramatic. The tactics yesterday left him & Cochrane completely exposed time & time again. Kent & Bassey doubled up on him & he got no support, same with Tavernier & Diallo on Cochrane’s side. 

He was the same in the game at Ibrox. Moore dug him out of trouble on several occasions.

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

He was the same in the game at Ibrox. Moore dug him out of trouble on several occasions.

That’s more a tactics issue than anything 

Ex member of the SaS

Not read the whole thread so sorry if mentioned. Listened to the radio on Sunday and they played comments from Robbie after the game. The manner and way he spoke it sounded like he was more than happy with the way we played all season and being second best was fine by him. He obviously sent the team out second half to sit in, play for extra time hoping they would tire and maybe take it to penalties hoping that Craig would save more than their keeper. The main point is he defiantly sounded like he was ok with second best no fire in his comments and no sign of any regrets.

20 hours ago, briever said:

In my opinion, taking Boyce off was the correct move, he was knackered. I don't know why you say we were shitter, we were pretty poor throughout the game. 

Just now, Dazzle said:

In my opinion, taking Boyce off was the correct move, he was knackered. I don't know why you say we were shitter, we were pretty poor throughout the game. 

We got shitter with him off, it's pretty self explanatory.

11 minutes ago, briever said:

We got shitter with him off, it's pretty self explanatory.

No it's not. We didn't improve but get shitter because Boyce came off, nah. 

23 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's bad when you're telling yourself to **** off

🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏