No drive

NB GIN

5 minutes ago, Syd said:

As soon as we pressed they scored the 2nd. That’s the reason we couldn’t play the way we wanted because they had too much quality for us to beat them. 

Exactly. They were far stronger and fitter. We defended pretty well but getting a goal looked very unlikely. 

Edited by Dazzle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NB GIN

• Riccarton3

• Dazzle

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

So we are shite on the back of getting beaten by a team that are miles ahead of us in every department and the manager that steered us to a comfortable third place in the SPL is shite and can do one as well ???? 🤣 Some of the people on here need to take a reality check! The fact is we do not have their playing talent and its that simple. RN has done what he could with what we had . We went the ninety mins and were level with them what do the so called fans on here actually want? If RN had sent them out and just said get stuck in and we lost an early goal the chances are we would have been hammered. I don't like the fact we got beaten but I at least understand the reality.

:greatpost:

Not the manager's fault that our players, especially the subs are at a lower level than theirs. None of our subs made a contribution and as others have said Atkinson was poor but he had two of their better players to look out for. Devlin had run himself into the ground but we had no options on the bench.

Gordon_1874

1st half we competed well, but 2nd half was torture, was only a matter of time until they scored, Souttar was brilliant, beaten by a much better team, miles ahead of us.

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Exactly. They were far stronger and fitter. We defended pretty well but getting a goal looked very unlikely. 

Kent being a prime example, ran himself into the ground on Wednesday yet just two days later is running past our players with ease making them look like they are treading treacle, and that was in extra-time.

As much as I hate to say it, we were beat by a far better team today.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Kent being a prime example, ran himself into the ground on Wednesday yet just two days later is running past our players with ease making them look like they are treading treacle, and that was in extra-time.

As much as I hate to say it, we were beat by a far better team today.

Kent and Bassey both played well and made a difference. Can’t complain about the result. We were simply overpowered by a better team. Rangers are not exactly brilliant but credit where it’s due, to be that strong after their game on Thursday shows the difference in fitness levels. Simms was disappointing today, I thought he lacked effort and commitment after about an hour but he wasn’t getting much help. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

Extra time they found a new level. 

We seemed to regress.

Tiredness, doubt, tactics.. Who knows. 

I thought the opposite would happen but **** it, treat it like 97, next year is this teams 98... :) 

Eh???? Killie won the cup in 97 against falkirk. 

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5-1

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
22 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

1st half we competed well, but 2nd half was torture, was only a matter of time until they scored, Souttar was brilliant, beaten by a much better team, miles ahead of us.

Rangers and celtic are worryingly ahead of the rest of the league again now. 

The gap can be bridged with smaller budgets though as JJ done in the past and other teams did like Dundee United in the late 90s. You just need to make clever signings. 

3 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Think he meant 96. The year I was greetin under my big daft hearts cup final hat as we got pumped 5-1

2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

4 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Meant 1996 League cup final which we lost... 

I ****ed it up. get o'er it. 

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

True although we need some perspective. 

That sevco team are miles ahead of us in all departments other than the keeper. 

They really are. Miles ahead tbf

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
Just now, Hansel said:

Think he meant 96. The year I was greetin under my big daft hearts cup final hat as we got pumped 5-1

Yeah I was at that game. Made up for it with two other cup final attendances in 98 and 06 tho ha. 

Tbh the Scottish Cup game is complete for me after 5-1. Not that I wouldn't love to see us win another its just that was basically the dream final and we skudded them 5-1. 

tiger Rudi
5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Kent and Bassey both played well and made a difference. Can’t complain about the result. We were simply overpowered by a better team. Rangers are not exactly brilliant but credit where it’s due, to be that strong after their game on Thursday shows the difference in fitness levels. Simms was disappointing today, I thought he lacked effort and commitment after about an hour but he wasn’t getting much help. 

I agree with you re Simms. When Bassey a fullback can run the length of the pitch unchallenged, one of the forwards has to get across to cut that out. Boyce can't, he's not got the legs. Simms can't do it himself but nobody including Neilson could work out how to stop him. Perhaps Ginnelly if he had started, but tbh he done nothing when he came on. Beaten by a better team unfortunately. Bassey was superb. He might be at a far bigger club than Rangers next season. 

jock _turd
38 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We have a lot of money coming to us next season. Maybe time to speculate to accumulate. There will be more than a few available whose current contracts have expired shortly. We need more quality in that squad.

Sorry bud that is nonsense we have been there and got stung...   If you want to watch really top players in Scotland get yourself at train pass to Glasgow sadly that the way has been through nearly all of my time watching Hearts ... 59 years now. The exceptional years have been when we spent more than we could afford and it got us into very hot water.

jock _turd
45 minutes ago, LivingstonJambo99 said:

What do we want? We want a team to go out 100 percent committed to tackle and run their heart out. We want the team to go down fighting. 

Sick of this hiding behind the budget excuse, rangers just got to a Europa league final on a lower budget than the other teams. 

if some of the players at the same fight and desire as Cammy Devlin and Craig Gordon we would have have them a much better game 

Maybe there is a seat just waiting for you down at Lochend ?

Riccarton3
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Agree with the first comment

Plenty folk to say that without saying it yourself...

21 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Meant 1996 League cup final which we lost... 

I ****ed it up. get o'er it. 

It was the 96/97 season so your not wrong in my book.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

We need to aspire to Rangers level.  That must be the aim for next season. We have the basics of a good squad, but I reckon we need at least six quality signings for next season if we are to continue on an upward trajectory.  A few out on the pitch today should be having a good look at themselves and honestly questioning their performances. Attitude is everything and a few failed that particular test.

Can we “aspire” to get the 10,000 glory hunting Huns from Edinburgh to change to Hearts then! 😏

Footballfirst

Hearts lacked fitness, energy and pace. Only if you have that, can you afford to sit in (as Neilson does in "big" games) and hit on the counter attack.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts lacked fitness, energy and pace. Only if you have that, can you afford to sit in (as Neilson does in "big" games) and hit on the counter attack.

Spot on, and some tactics that the players know about would help too.

Zero belief, zero fire in their bellies.

Awful tactics/performance for a Cup Final.

No change of set up when things not working.

Injured players allowed to stay on.

There was no team today, no togetherness, no fight on the park or on touchline.

Craig Gordon again today showed the reason we finished 3rd.

Neilson got everything he could get wrong, wrong today. He sent a team out in a Cup Final with zero belief.

He takes plaudits, he must take the criticism that comes his way tonight/tomorrow.

LarrysRightFoot

Can’t keep losing finals. Must find a way to win regardless of who and how we play. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 hours ago, NB GIN said:

The only player that moves forward is souttar. Absolute static performance we need players that can move 

We need to build the midfield around Beni. He's the only one I'd keep. Devlin and Halliday give it everything usually but they're just not good enough. We need a forward thinking midfielder in there. Not a popular opinion but I reckon Woodburn could be moulded into a good number 8/10 type. It's also not impossible we can find guys close to Bassey's standard in EPL U23 teams - quick, strong, athletic and looking to get forward. 

kingantti1874

We need to invest wisely! Secure this extra funding year on year and  and get closer step by step!

it’s the only way. No manager will get us up there with out the players

Malinga the Swinga
24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Your right. We should have checked everything up front and let them run riot for full 90 minutes.

God knows how no actual managers have spotted this, but luckily we have you, with your wealth of non football experience, to o pont it out.

Can't wait till you take over and show us what we've been missing for past 60 odd years.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

We need to invest wisely! Secure this extra funding year on year and  and get closer step by step!

it’s the only way. No manager will get us up there with out the players

Apparently any manager bar the one we have would be able to do this.

The tactics are simple.

All we need to do is 'Have a go and run about.'

Who knows why Klopp and others get paid a fortune when it's as easy as this.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Apparently any manager bar the one we have would be able to do this.

The tactics are simple.

All we need to do is 'Have a go and run about.'

Who knows why Klopp and others get paid a fortune when it's as easy as this.

Plenty of people on here worth ignoring who’s lack of knowledge is only matched by their bitterness.

we aren’t good enough, i listened to Craig Gordon after the game who correctly called out rangers were able to sub their entire midfield and bring on a new one of similar quality, we have a small squad and it was so blindingly obvious that a number of the had just come back from injury.

We could have had Juergen Klopp in the dugout and we’d still have lost comfortably.

great season, disappointing day. The objectI’ve next season has to be to improve and close the gap.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Thought we were very poor on the ball/going forward. Offered absolutely nothing. 

Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't sure from your 500 posts on other threads slating us.

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't sure from your 500 posts on other threads slating us.

Was more like 4 posts and I only call it as I see it. 

Ibrahim Tall

Im not ‘happy’ by any means but it’s worth remembering we just played a team that only lost a European final on penalties. It’s not like we lost to St Mirren or some shite, on paper we should lose that game 99/100.

We needed them to have an ‘off day’ as much as us play great and didn’t really get either. 

38 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Zero belief, zero fire in their bellies.

Awful tactics/performance for a Cup Final.

No change of set up when things not working.

Injured players allowed to stay on.

There was no team today, no togetherness, no fight on the park or on touchline.

Craig Gordon again today showed the reason we finished 3rd.

Neilson got everything he could get wrong, wrong today. He sent a team out in a Cup Final with zero belief.

He takes plaudits, he must take the criticism that comes his way tonight/tomorrow.

Just this. End thread. Happy clappers please read. Happy to finish third obviously but Neilson’s tactics against the old firm is nothing short of appalling. I can almost smell the s***e running down his leg before the game kicks off and I’m normally 100 yards away!

Riccarton3
19 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Thought we were very poor on the ball/going forward. Offered absolutely nothing. 

Was this for the whole game? I notice you only posted on the match thread after we went behind. No comments before then to highlight concern.

I know that money buys athletes but I have to admit even I'm shocked at the fitness levels of that rangers teams.

They played against Braga and followed it up by running celtic ragged.

Then they played 120 minutes in the final on Wednesday and turned up today looking like they could still go for another 90 at the end of the game.

I hate them but holy shit I wish our players could match those fitness levels.

Riccarton3

The starting line up most people seemed happy with. I was Ok with the first half. Yes, Rangers had some good openings but Hearts also had some decent periods.We simply did not deal with Boyce's removal at whatever time he left. So , up to 70 mins. Shite from there. So tactically, his subs are questionable. Not for the first time. He must have known this scenario. Boyce to come off at 70 and what to do then. And it might  have been an idea to change shape at that point to 433

Edited by Riccarton3

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

We need to aspire to Rangers level.  That must be the aim for next season. We have the basics of a good squad, but I reckon we need at least six quality signings for next season if we are to continue on an upward trajectory.  A few out on the pitch today should be having a good look at themselves and honestly questioning their performances. Attitude is everything and a few failed that particular test.

Impossible with the finances. Impossible target!

Gordon Ramsay
11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Was this for the whole game? I notice you only posted on the match thread after we went behind. No comments before then to highlight concern.

I was at the game so wasn't looking at my phone. I only posted when I went for a piss after they scored the first goal. They actually scored the second while I was doing a piss. 

Sorry to answer the question. Yes, we offered nothing for the whole game. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The starting line up most people seemed happy with. I was Ok with the first half. Yes, Rangers had some good openings but Hearts also had some decent periods.We simply did not deal with Boyce's removal at whatever time he left. So , up to 70 mins. Shite from there. So tactically, his subs are questionable. Not for the first time. He must have known this scenario. Boyce to come off at 70 and what to do then. And it might  have been an idea to change shape at that point to 433

The subs weren't questionable. Boyce has been injured and wasn't fully fit going in. Same goes for a few of our players.

Rangers were able to go to their bench and bring on players that improved them. We couldn't do that.

We don't have the finances to build a squad like that. 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I was at the game so wasn't looking at my phone. I only posted when I went for a piss after they scored the first goal. They actually scored the second while I was doing a piss. 

On reflection, you do tend to wait til we go behind before posting now that think about it. Instead of a build up towards it.

Riccarton3
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The subs weren't questionable. Boyce has been injured and wasn't fully fit going in. Same goes for a few of our players.

Rangers were able to go to their bench and bring on players that improved them. We couldn't do that.

We don't have the finances to build a squad like that. 

But he must have known Boyce had to come off. And it doesn't take the brain of Britain to know with Rangers resources they can bolster that midfield with fresh p!ayers. Basically once Boyce went off we surrendered play as far forward as the Rangers side of centre circle. No midfield. No freshness. No change of shape

Can't complain about the result as Rangers were by far the better team, very frustrating watch though bar the first 10 minutes. I like Gordon and Halkett but don't think I'd be fussed if the others got punted. Ps. Boooo

5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I know that money buys athletes but I have to admit even I'm shocked at the fitness levels of that rangers teams.

They played against Braga and followed it up by running celtic ragged.

Then they played 120 minutes in the final on Wednesday and turned up today looking like they could still go for another 90 at the end of the game.

I hate them but holy shit I wish our players could match those fitness levels.

There is absolutely zero reason why we shouldn't be able to.

Sports Scientists, Physios, Equipment, facilities, Dieticians, Physiologists, Psychologists.. to name a few are all abundant in the the sporting world (yet I still can't get a job in football fitness)... 

The difference is in the mentality of the players, wage structure and (dare I say it) management setup. (IMHO)

There is no reason our levels of fitness and mentality should not have at least equalled Rangers today. 

FFS, in todays world St Johnstone should be able to match Rangers, Celtic or even Bayern Munich on fitness levels..

If you are a professional athlete being paid to be a professional athlete on wages comparable to being a professional athlete (at whatever level) then if you take the coin, you draw the sweat. 

People say running up and down the dunes at Gullane is ineffectual and old fashioned.

Shit works. If you want steel in the legs, you work for steel. It's simple. 

Trick is to work that type of stuff into the rest of the daily workout. 

Shooter McGavin
39 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Im not ‘happy’ by any means but it’s worth remembering we just played a team that only lost a European final on penalties. It’s not like we lost to St Mirren or some shite, on paper we should lose that game 99/100.

We needed them to have an ‘off day’ as much as us play great and didn’t really get either. 

Far too sensible.

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

On reflection, you do tend to wait til we go behind before posting now that think about it. Instead of a build up towards it.

Hes hardly going to moan if we go 1 up, ok they have a bigger budget but we had chances which were not taken, we waste a lot, soapy and halkett did very well but that was the only part of our defence worth marks, obviously gordon was superb, our full backs were outplayed, folk moaning because others are not happy, the fact is some of us dont like losing end off.