Barrie Mckay

jamborich

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Define creative?

Kingsley can be creative as can Souttar as can Atkinson etc.

It’s pretty lazy douchebag behaviour to think only “attacking” players can be creative.

Open your mind up a bit mate.

Someone pished in your cornflakes today?!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Naisys Tackle

• hearts00

• Don Dan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul Shark
29 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Define creative?

Kingsley can be creative as can Souttar as can Atkinson etc.

It’s pretty lazy douchebag behaviour to think only “attacking” players can be creative.

Open your mind up a bit mate.

😂 off course your right, defenders or defensive players can be creative at times, but let's be honest about things our current Head Coach has a more cautious than flamboyant approach to the game. He plays 3 centre backs, 2 full backs ( because they aren't good enough to be wingbacks) and 2 holding midfielders regardless of the opposition. This style of play has made us difficult to beat and has brought us some great results over the season, but we are functional rather than exciting against weaker teams and generally pretty poor against the old firm.

If he done it regular and performed in the massive games he wouldn’t be with us very long 

happy to keep him as he is tbh.

Mr Kipling

For me, Barrie McKay is an intelligent and creative player. He is an asset to the team. With that said, he is not a 'big game' player. I've never seen him play well against the OF and if I'm being honest, I'm concerned about his future performances (especially in Europe). It's a bit of a conundrum!

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

For me, Barrie McKay is an intelligent and creative player. He is an asset to the team. With that said, he is not a 'big game' player. I've never seen him play well against the OF and if I'm being honest, I'm concerned about his future performances (especially in Europe). It's a bit of a conundrum!

As I think someone else mentioned, we need other threats - the reliance on McKay to create means the better teams with better players can nullify him as they don’t have anyone else to worry about (that’s sounds extreme but you get my point).

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

As I think someone else mentioned, we need other threats - the reliance on McKay to create means the better teams with better players can nullify him as they don’t have anyone else to worry about (that’s sounds extreme but you get my point).

McKay usually plays well against the ‘lesser’ teams but struggles to make an impact against teams with better players than us. There’s a reason for that. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

McKay usually plays well against the ‘lesser’ teams but struggles to make an impact against teams with better players than us. There’s a reason for that. 

Yep. We need better players. Tactics also help. 

Rick James

Sadly we've seen the McKay that Rangers fans saw and warned me about. A player with tremendous talent and ability, but one who goes missing too often in big games and lacks that bit of consistency to take him to the next level.

We really missed his magic yesterday.

jambopilms

Suffers from a complete lack of confidence and belief as seen anytime he is in front of goal. Maybe sports phycologist can sort him out.

Edited by jambopilms

Neverforgetfiveone

Bit of an enigma, has real quality but again, as yesterday, posted missing.

I can’t recall him having an impact against the ugly sisters. Do they know how to play him or is he just a rabbit in the headlights against them? 

StevenNaismith

He is a very good player but doesn’t have it in him to take a big game by the scruff of the neck. Can’t put my finger on why that is. It’s the big games where he is key for us but continues to go missing when we need him most. I was so disappointed in him yesterday.

Thought Police

The criticism at Rangers and Forest was that he’s too timid. Great player to have against weaker teams but lacks physicality. Of course, if he did he probably wouldn’t be here.

Bob Loblaw

I think he's great and has real quality. But it's becoming a bit of a common theme of him making no impact at all in bigger games.

indianajones

As said in the other McKay thread... Give him the support and players around him and Barrie will thrive. 

I think Rangers took a look at how Hibs dealt with him and did the same. Hit him hard a couple of times early on and you'll not see much of him. 

AlimOzturk

Aii he has been like that most of career today. Doesn’t turn up for the big occasions. Hope it is something he can really improve on because that’s what players are ultimately judged on. 

Still glad to have him. 

Bull's-eye

The Huns doubled up on him and that's credit to him because he's a threat. We need to find another creative midfielder to give the opposition someone else to worry about.

Basic stuff, doesn't make Bazza weak or a Shit player.

Hectormasson
On 21/05/2022 at 23:59, Paul Shark said:

😂 off course your right, defenders or defensive players can be creative at times, but let's be honest about things our current Head Coach has a more cautious than flamboyant approach to the game. He plays 3 centre backs, 2 full backs ( because they aren't good enough to be wingbacks) and 2 holding midfielders regardless of the opposition. This style of play has made us difficult to beat and has brought us some great results over the season, but we are functional rather than exciting against weaker teams and generally pretty poor against the old firm.

Pish poor against  the erse cheeks totally.......

All roads lead to Gorgie

We maybe need an enforcer like a Brellier alongside BM in the big games where he gets bullied out of it too easily. That's how Hartley flourished when sharing the pitch with Brellier, he knew he could play up the park and not need to tackle back too often.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

loveofthegame

He has been outstanding this season and consistent for large large parts - unfortunately his performances have dropped slightly of late, which perhaps has something to do with the fact that he has been so important that he was playing 90mins week in, week out and hasn't had any rest with injuries (been very impressed by his staying fit).

He is a matchwinner and I hoped he'd play a big part on Saturday - what Saturday did show, is that when he doesn't turn up/isn't supported that we don't have anyone else in the team who can step up. Particularly in the side that started on Saturday. We need to add quality so that we don't have to rely on him every game to create moments of magic. Take him out the team this season and I wonder how many games we'd have failed to open up the opposition.

He has been great and I don't hold any grudges for an underpar performance on Sat, disappointing as it was...

HeartsandonlyHearts

Hopefully they work on his finishing this off season. He really is quite horrendous in front of goal. Great signing but potentially could be a brilliant signing.

HHGH

McKay has great talent but for me comes up short in two areas, can't shoot or deal with big occasion. Probably explains why we've got him. 

hearts 4 the cup
On 21/05/2022 at 18:56, S Form said:

He wasn’t brilliant that day, to be honest. He’s good against poorer teams but doesn’t have the cojones when he’s up against the big boys.

Have to call this out as nonsense. 

Granted, we didn’t win either game, but McKay was quality in the 1-1 draw with rangers and the 1-0 loss to celtic in games in Glasgow. Top player with great vision. Shrewd giving him a 3 year deal

11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We maybe need an enforcer like a Brellier alongside BM in the big games where he gets bullied out of it too easily. That's how Hartley flourished when sharing the pitch with Brellier, he knew he could play up the park and not need to tackle back too often.

We also played wide midfielders in that team who each tracked back to support the full back. Something we sorely lacked on Saturday. What I’d give to have a midfield of Hartley and Brellier again.