• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Naisys Tackle

• hearts00

• Don Dan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Steve said:

This! Assuming the clowns have either not watched him all season or haven’t got a clue about football or BOTH

i would agree he hasn’t turned up in big games, but for me the only players that have turned up in big games are Souttar, Kingsley and maybe Halkett at a push.

Simms was out best player in the Semi and today until Craig bailed us out as usual. 

McKay for me has another level to go to.  Right now he's GMS Gino level. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Steve said:

which players in this team do? 

Gordon, Souttar, Halkett, Simms, Haring? 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I would agree with Souttar and Halkett our CENTRE HALFS and our KEEPER that tells you all you need to know, and Souttar had already gone.

not sure Simms or Haring have been brilliant against the old firm unless I have missed something.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, OTT said:

For me, this is the big problem. Our wingbacks haven't been supporting him and our midfield creates nothing. Too much responsibility was dumped on McKay today to make things happen. You can't do that. Its a team sport and we need to look to upgrade around him. I'd go as far as to say, that Robbie should be looking to build the team around McKay and get him the forward options he needs to succeed. 

He's a great wee player, with more talent in his locker than we've seen in a Hearts jersey for a long time, but he can't do it all himself. 

I don't buy that he's not a big game player, its just that in the big games, its typically against the OF where the gulf in quality across our team is clear as day to see. We need to look to improve across the board than target him specifically for (IMO) undue criticism. In the semi for example, he worked his socks off and took some sore ones for the team - Is that not a big game? I think its nonsense being spouted by folk that are still processing the defeat. 

Going back to the fullbacks: Atkinson isn't a great defender (Mikey Smith is) but he also gives the ball away very cheaply a lot. He can improve, but there are limitations to his game at the moment. Cochrane, isn't an attacking full back and IMO its been clear to see that. He doesn't look to take on players or advance play. He's a solid enough LB, but I think he lacks the quality to do both attacking and defending effectively. We need to look for two new fullbacks 1, to compete with Atkinson, the other for the left side. Cochrane isn't quite what we need sadly.

pretty much agree although the big games that he apparently never turned up for when he was at rangers would have been more evenly matched so that’s a bit of a question mark balanced by the fact he’d have been a young inexperienced player then

good chance with the a few more good signings we’ll get even more out of McKay next year and as he’s contracted for a few years reason to sign players with him in mind as you say

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Steve said:

I would agree with Souttar and Halkett our CENTRE HALFS and our KEEPER that tells you all you need to know, and Souttar had already gone.

not sure Simms or Haring have been brilliant against the old firm unless I have missed something.

What's wrong with having the best goalkeeper in the country?

What does having two exceptional centre halves tell us also> 

Simms is a tremendous talent.  I love watching him build and grow in maroon.  If you think differently fair enough, but he's the raw materials to go to the top and a better forward we haven't had since Bednar. 

Need to clam Bud.  This time last year we won promotion and wanted nearly relegated St Johnstone to win the cup having been emptied by Broara.  We have came so far and will continue.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

38 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe we didn't get the ball to him in the right areas? Often crowded out so needs help.

Would agree. Too much to go over about today. 

But as an individual, I think he lacks hunger when it’s tough. Nothing to do with “why he’s at us” or not spending 10 grand a week on a player. It’s a basic attribute any player should have. 

17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I’d add Kingsley and Beni

He is what he is. Very good for us but no where near the level of the OF. 

He’s had a great season and will remain a key player for us but let’s be honest, he’s played a lot of games and two goals is a poor return.

I noticed in the Celtic game recently they targetted him by double and triple teaming him. Rangers gave him not a sniff today either. Whst does that tell you? They lnow he’s our danger man and they don’t think much of the other players…a very accurate assessment

Tom Hardy’s Dug

To be honest when I read what my co-owners say I wish we’d spoken longer to the Gillette family.

Let’s get most of you bought out.

FFS #bampots

BackOfTheNet

McKay’s problem is he has a perceived laid back attitude and, importantly I feel, he is far too easy to nullify for opposing teams. Not sure if that’s a slight on his ability to adjust his game when countered, or a slight on our team that we rely on McKay too much for creativity that when he does get nullified no one steps up. Recruiting more creative players in the summer is a must.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Drink tonight, drink tomorrow, sober up Monday l, take the summer off and give us your pearls of wisdom towards the end of July after we’ve improved the squad.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, S Form said:

I’d add Kingsley and Beni

Today I meant.  Kingsley looked injured.  I was told midweek Gino would start today and Halliday would be in defence.  It seemed it changed unfortunately since Weds'. 

14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

What's wrong with having the best goalkeeper in the country?

What does having two exceptional centre halves tell us also> 

Simms is a tremendous talent.  I love watching him build and grow in maroon.  If you think differently fair enough, but he's the raw materials to go to the top and a better forward we haven't had since Bednar. 

Need to clam Bud.  This time last year we won promotion and wanted nearly relegated St Johnstone to win the cup having been emptied by Broara.  We have came so far and will continue.

im delighted with our progress, i was debating against the topic in question that Barrie doesnt turn up, and demonstrating that we are actually all in agreement that none of the creative players or forwards do turn up, its our defenders and goalie that do, which might go someway to explaining why we had zero shots on target but still went to ET.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Next season is the big judgement call for Robbie.   I personally think we will piss thirds again but for his legacy we need a trophy. 

Well yes. Depends what the targets are.

The legitimate targets. Not some sort of invented shit by twisted Hearts fans.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Steve said:

im delighted with our progress, i was debating against the topic in question that Barrie doesnt turn up, and demonstrating that we are actually all in agreement that none of the creative players or forwards do turn up, its our defenders and goalie that do, which might go someway to explaining why we had zero shots on target but still went to ET.

Barrie, I'm told didn't train on Thursday and was carrying a knock.  

Agree with the rest though.   It's still very tough to take the game and win against a side who narrowly lost to a side that pumped West Ham and Barca home and away.  Our creativity could have came from Benni.  Saying that if Roofe or Morelos played for them your looking at 3 or 4 before extra time. 

Stuttgart 2000
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Agree with the rest though.   It's still very tough to take the game and win against a side who narrowly lost to a side that pumped West Ham and Barca home and away.  Our creativity could have came from Benni.  Saying that if Roofe or Morelos played for them your looking at 3 or 4 before extra time. 

They had injuries/walking wounded too

Left with the feeling wee didn’t have a real go tbh 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Maybe.

Had Souttar, Halkett, Devlin, Beni, Boyce all been completely fully fit maybe not?

What do you think?

Or do only Rangers missing/unfit players count?

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What was he sold for?

Irrelevant. Are you telling me he gets anywhere near the Rangers and Celtic swuad now? The gulf between the OF and the rest is significantly bigger now than when McKay was playing for Rangers.  

And you missed my point about him remaining a key player for us at our level. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well yes. Depends what the targets are.

The legitimate targets. Not some sort of invented shit by twisted Hearts fans.

Forrest and Shankland are very much legit.

I would be very tempted to bid £1m to the sheep for Lewis Ferguson.  I know it's pie in the sky though but we could easily reoup it.

Him or Levitt who is out of contract would be absolutely ideal. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Stuttgart 2000 said:

They had injuries/walking wounded too

Left with the feeling wee didn’t have a real go tbh 

We did for me for 30 mins.  We needed to score early and was a sitter away from doing so.

I'm pissed off there was no plan to change it though.  Haliday on the wing was never going to do so.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Irrelevant. Are you telling me he gets anywhere near the Rangers and Celtic swuad now? The gulf between the OF and the rest is significantly bigger now than when McKay was playing for Rangers.  

And you missed my point about him remaining a key player for us at our level. 

I do think Rangers would sign him.

I mean if they are prepared to sign a Souttar there isn’t much difference in talent and Rangers only have Kent that “unlocks” defences.

I bet if you had a chat with Savage he’d

tell you plenty decent clubs were interested in Barrie.

But yep, do the usual hearts thing and make him out to be a *****.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Ferguson only gets booked, or scores pens.

Except against Craig. :greggy:

He's s very good player mate.  So is McRorie up north.   Scored the winner against us this season up there too and it wasn't a penalty he scored. 

I mean if they are prepared to sign a Souttar there isn’t much difference in talent and Rangers only have Kent that “unlocks” defences.

Didnt say anything other than he’s not at the level of the OF in my opinion but a key player for us. 

Gordon, Kingsley and Souttar (obv) are the only players that could sniff the OF squads. Gordon would start for them. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If Rangers felt or wanted him he wouldn't have signed a new deal here.  Scott Wright looks a better player. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Didnt say anything other than he’s not at the level of the OF in my opinion but a key player for us. 

Gordon, Kingsley and Souttar (obv) are the only players that could sniff the OF squads. Gordon would start for them. 

But Kingsley was shit today too wasn’t  he?

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We did for me for 30 mins.  We needed to score early and was a sitter away from doing so.

I'm pissed off there was no plan to change it though.  Haliday on the wing was never going to do so.  

Aye Halliday coming on in a 3-4-3 formation in that position is hard to take. 4 new front men required. 

But Kingsley was shit today too want he?

He wasn’t great but only Gordon and Souttar are worth a mention. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, hearts00 said:

Gordon to Rangers would be a disaster although it would be very logical.  Kingsley would get anywhere near their team.

Thankfully Craig won't leave as he's one of our own and his wife wants to go back to presenting on Celtic TV so it would be quite tricky him going to them.

John McLaughlin is a top goalkeeper, it just shows how fantastic Craig Gordon is. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Since when was Benni one of our creative players?  Seriously?

Naisys Tackle

Aye Halliday coming on in a 3-4-3 formation in that position is hard to take. 4 new front men required. 

Simms won't be back and Boyce can't be depended on so I would agree with you.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug

He wasn’t great but only Gordon and Souttar are worth a mention. 

But do we want Kingsley to get to **** like some fans want Devlin to get to ****?

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Simms won't be back and Boyce can't be depended on so I would agree with you.  

Well we need 6 new front men then 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Halliday scored in that position in 2 games this season.

He also showed his goal scoring instincts against Hibs.

But yeah apart from that your knowledge is top notch.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But do we want Kingsley to get to **** like some fans want Devlin to get to ****?

Who is saying this? Not me. Kingsley is my outfield player of the season. Devlin has been mostly great while still being young and raw. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, hearts00 said:

Well we need 6 new front men then 

I happen to agree with you. 

Well maybe 5

But we do need upgrades and more firepower.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If Rangers want to sign MacKay they will sign him.  But they won’t.  They’ll be after better to compete in Europe. 

Halliday scored in that position in 2 games this season.

He also showed his goal scoring instincts against Hibs.

But yeah apart from that your knowledge is top notch.

Haha! You clearly need a few days ti get over today. I sense a lot of anger still. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, hearts00 said:

Who is saying this? Not me. Kingsley is my outfield player of the season. Devlin has been mostly great while still being young and raw. 

Some people that played badly today are getting hounded. Some players that payed badly today are not.

Just trying to work out why.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Barack said:

Roberto, I'm not going to argue with you. There's too much of that tonight.

He's decent. Spend a million on him...absolutely not, mate. If we're pumping that out...and I honestly don't see us spending more than 500k on someone...I'd be very disappointed if Ferguson is the sum total of most of out net spend.

Fair play mate and I'm in agreement, it's tough enough losing without arguing with one of the good guys of this forum. 

I don't though, see why if we signed Lewis Ferguson on a long deal for £1m we wouldn't get a season or two, better than we have and then sell for anything less for £1m bearing in mind he would  be playing European football every thursday.   Much better option that Natty Ak despite his social media stardom. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, hearts00 said:

Haha! You clearly need a few days ti get over today. I sense a lot of anger still. 

I’m not angry with the game.

I’m angry with some of the twats in our support.

Those twats won’t get us points -

most of our team today will next season. It’s pretty simple.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Since when was Benni one of our creative players?  Seriously?

Sorry, he gives bite and composure giving space and freedom for players around him.  Today it was hot potatoe in midifeld.   Would love a Rueben or Bruno in there just now. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

I’m not angry with the game.

I’m angry with some of the twats in our support.

Those twats won’t get us points -

most of our team today will next season. It’s pretty simple.

Agreed. 

And I’ll add this, the 3-4-3 does not help McKay one bit against the OF. 

Tasavallan

Watching McKay this season, he is a adrenaline player who when good is brilliant but when bad he is downright awful.  Thankfully we have seen mostly the good Barrie but today he was poor.  Mind you he had little assistance throughout the game.

Paul Shark
22 minutes ago, Steve said:

The problem is that we don't tend to play more than 3 creative players at any one time, which maked it easy for the better teams to nullify them. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Watching McKay this season, he is a adrenaline player who when good is brilliant but when bad he is downright awful.  Thankfully we have seen mostly the good Barrie but today he was poor.  Mind you he had little assistance throughout the game.

Wouldn’t you say he has been 80-90% good though? Isn’t that a hell of a return for that sort of player?

Why don’t you revel in the consistency we have got out of him instead of the 4 or 5 games he hasn’t been quite as good?

Or do you want to do our team, our players and our management down like a chunk of other duffers?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

The problem is that we don't tend to play more than 3 creative players at any one time, which maked it easy for the better teams to nullify them. 

Define creative?

Kingsley can be creative as can Souttar as can Atkinson etc.

It’s pretty lazy douchebag behaviour to think only “attacking” players can be creative.

Open your mind up a bit mate.

Central Belt 1874

McKay is an utter utter shitebag at times. 

Other times, probably more often than not, he is a creative genius, a player with his ability not seen at Tyncastle in many a year. 

We need a goalscorer.

And an athletic midfield. Strong and able to last 90 minutes end to end. 

Not easy to find on our budget.