Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Naisys Tackle

• hearts00

• Don Dan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Great player but fails to turn up when needed.

How is he a great player then?

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

How is he a great player then?

Vision and passing are excellent 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Maybe people will stop overhyping him now. 

A player like him can’t be the match winner game in game out.

I despair how little most Hearts fans actually know about football.

Go on a course mate. Start at foundation level. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Vision and passing are excellent 

When I think of a good player, I like to look at the overall package.

There’s players ten a penny with nice touch and passing but can they do the other things that let them get into a game when it’s tough?  

Mackay just waits on the ball. He’s no appetite when he’s marked closely, no fight to hang onto the ball, doesn’t do any different movement to get into the  game.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Needs some help.

He didn’t need help for 75% of the season mate.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Lol.  Never said anything about being a match winner all the time. Just be present, find some guts and be available. Offer something. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s players ten a penny with nice touch and passing but can they do the other things that let them get into a game when it’s tough?  

Mackay just waits on the ball. He’s no appetite when he’s marked closely, no fight to hang onto the ball, doesn’t do any different movement to get into the  game.  

Sadly, Barrie doesn’t do big games.

Isolated in the 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 formation.  We should be looking to build a system around him (and Simms if he comes back).

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

That’s down to attitude and desire. It was what was missing today apart the gulf in class of the opposition which is bought by Dodgy money 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Deary me. What a tit. 

I couldn’t have described you better mate.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, S Form said:

Sadly, Barrie doesn’t do big games.

Apart from the semi final 

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Apart from the semi final 

He wasn’t brilliant that day, to be honest. He’s good against poorer teams but doesn’t have the cojones when he’s up against the big boys.

indianajones
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He didn’t need help for 75% of the season mate.

Disagree.

When Barrie is at his best he has other players around him. 

He needed help today and he didnt get it. 

Never noticed him today, needed a spark and he was nowhere to be seen, has had a great season though. Hopefully can add some competition for his position and push him to keep on top of his game next season.

He was really poor today but players aren’t robots! 🤷‍♂️

jam doughnut

To win a cup final against the old firm you need everyone to perform and for your more gifted players to create that little bit of magic. 

Unfortunately McKay was poor epitomised by that woeful shot 10 feet over the bar in the first half. 

Does he ever stand up against the old firm?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Rangers fans said he never turned up in the big games - wasn’t sure how true that was given he scored in the 2016 semi-final - but he’s not been as good in the big games for us generally

hopefully savage can up-grade the team again for next season and take a bit pressure off mckay

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think it was a case of his teammates not being able to give him a decent waited pass in front of him as much as his own shortcomings today. We looked way off it in midfield today and let their better players stroll it.

south morocco

Decent player but powderpuff, needs to be more assertive in games but I suppose that’s why he’s not at a higher level 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Disagree.

When Barrie is at his best he has other players around him. 

He needed help today and he didnt get it. 

This.

We never had any control today, which leaves players like McKay hanging out to dry.

Don't get me wrong, they can still try to influence the game, but it is harder.

Glamorgan Jambo

The general formation was too narrow. Haring getting an early booking and Devlin not being fit meant we got over run in midfield by Lundstram, Scott Arfield and to a lesser extent Steven Davis. The whole team was poor.

McKay had a poor day too although to be honest I was surprised he got hooked.

19 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Rangers fans said he never turned up in the big games - wasn’t sure how true that was given he scored in the 2016 semi-final - but he’s not been as good in the big games for us generally

hopefully savage can up-grade the team again for next season and take a bit pressure off mckay

For me, this is the big problem. Our wingbacks haven't been supporting him and our midfield creates nothing. Too much responsibility was dumped on McKay today to make things happen. You can't do that. Its a team sport and we need to look to upgrade around him. I'd go as far as to say, that Robbie should be looking to build the team around McKay and get him the forward options he needs to succeed. 

He's a great wee player, with more talent in his locker than we've seen in a Hearts jersey for a long time, but he can't do it all himself. 

I don't buy that he's not a big game player, its just that in the big games, its typically against the OF where the gulf in quality across our team is clear as day to see. We need to look to improve across the board than target him specifically for (IMO) undue criticism. In the semi for example, he worked his socks off and took some sore ones for the team - Is that not a big game? I think its nonsense being spouted by folk that are still processing the defeat. 

Going back to the fullbacks: Atkinson isn't a great defender (Mikey Smith is) but he also gives the ball away very cheaply a lot. He can improve, but there are limitations to his game at the moment. Cochrane, isn't an attacking full back and IMO its been clear to see that. He doesn't look to take on players or advance play. He's a solid enough LB, but I think he lacks the quality to do both attacking and defending effectively. We need to look for two new fullbacks 1, to compete with Atkinson, the other for the left side. Cochrane isn't quite what we need sadly.

Leveins Battalion

Barry Mackay is class but his application was shite today,one in the second half when he could of closed Balogun down right in the corner where I was sitting,half hearted pish.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Indeed. Good player, great balance, good touch & control but doesn’t have the athleticism to compete against guys who are are bigger, stronger and quicker. Hence why he's playing for us. 

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Barry Mackay is class but his application was shite today,one in the second half when he could of closed Balogun down right in the corner where I was sitting,half hearted pish.

So then if it’s half hearted to me he’s not class, just lazy in application. I like him but he is a frustrating player at times. Top quality players step up in cup finals and try like xxxx

sorry I’m just really disappointed with the team performance today 

Pasquale for King

Absolutely torture today and his set pieces were awful, not sure he’s shone in a big game yet tbh. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Anonymous today, sadly. Barely aware he was on the pitch.

His track record against the rest is outstanding. However against those two he is easily nullified and then hides in his shell. He can set up goals against the test. Twice in a week we have played Rangers and 4 scoreable chances have sailed over the bar. He will help us beat or draw with the rest but we need a game changing midfielder against the bigots. 

He’s a fantastic player but played poorly today. Might get more space if we had other players of similar ability that opposition defenders had to worry about.

He's the best winger we've had in a long time. We are lucky to be holding onto him. Didn't play great today unfortunately.

In terms of the bigger picture I hope we get more players of his quality or better as we build. 

Also, in terms of attracting players we are miles ahead of where we were a year ago. Offering European football in particular.

Onwards and upwards. 

Riccarton3
3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Maybe we didn't get the ball to him in the right areas? Often crowded out so needs help.

gashauskis9

Another big game, another no show.  Time for us to stop blowing smoke up his arse.  Looks like a world beater against bottom 6 teams in the league, but at this rate he’ll be utterly anonymous in Europe.  

OmiyaHearts
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Horribly poor today. A shitebag 

Edit. Every player was apart from Gordon

Paul Shark

Decent enough players, a bit inconsistent, but better than anyone else we currently have in that position. Would benefit from our Head Coach either playing a system he has the squad for, or getting a couple of wing backs that can play the position.

Shooter McGavin

He’s a good player, he’s been very good for us, he didn’t have a good game today.

It’s really not that deep or complicated.

3 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

He didn't play well but some folk saying he's over rated are mental. We are lucky to have him. 

This! Assuming the clowns have either not watched him all season or haven’t got a clue about football or BOTH

i would agree he hasn’t turned up in big games, but for me the only players that have turned up in big games are Souttar, Kingsley and maybe Halkett at a push.

Said last week that I would have dropped him for this game (took some stick for it as well), I like the guy a lot and think that he's had a superb season, but in games against the old firm he just doesn't do the required work off the ball. 

I've only seen one player in my life whilst watching Hearts who could be excused for not working off the ball and that was Rudi, McKay doesn't come up with the Rudi moments in big games so he needs to press and defend or for me he's not a big game player imo

feedthefox

From about the 50th minute we were playing pretty much a flat back 5 and two defensive midfielders, what hope does he or Simms have higher up pitch. Looked like we were playing for penalties from about 60 mins. Got what we deserved. 

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

100%

We have some clueless fans 

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, HMFSee said:

He's the best winger we've had in a long time. We are lucky to be holding onto him. Didn't play great today unfortunately.

In terms of the bigger picture I hope we get more players of his quality or better as we build. 

Also, in terms of attracting players we are miles ahead of where we were a year ago. Offering European football in particular.

Onwards and upwards. 

Define the long time because Suso and Terry both well better.