Souttar

Jambo 4 Ever

It’s a cup final, you put your best 11 out. If he turns in anything other than a professional performance I’ll be surprised. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Bazzas right boot

• Ked

• been here before

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

May as well just put out the under 14s CH as, according to you, we have no chance anyway

🤣🤣🤣 bravo

Thought Police
48 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

At this point in time, fairly sure his emotional attachment will exceed his future financial benefit. Expect him to play well

Emotional attachment to what?

If he's properly fit, then play him

What I mean by properly - I don't him picked for the starting line up just because it's his last game, only for him to go off injured early...

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

his team mates ?

If I was his future employer or a future team mate I wouldn't want someone who would be prepared to give less than 100% for his club.

Souttar will know that

Tasavallan

Neither Sibbick or Moore have nailed themselves starting places in Souttar's or Halkett's absence so play the strongest team.

More than likely they will not last 90 min and certainly not to ET and penalties.

Thought Police
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

his team mates ?

If I was his future employer or a future team mate I wouldn't want someone who would be prepared to give less than 100% for his club.

Souttar will know that

Fair enough. I've always liked Souttar, but I never got the feeling he was 100% bought in to Hearts. In 6 years he rarely joins in goal celebrations and is often one of the first up the tunnel. Could be nothing, might just be that kind of guy, but never come across as overly passionate.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Fair enough. I've always liked Souttar, but I never got the feeling he was 100% bought in to Hearts. In 6 years he rarely joins in goal celebrations and is often one of the first up the tunnel. Could be nothing, might just be that kind of guy, but never come across as overly passionate.

He'll make up for it on Saturday with a Beattie when he scores the winner (for us of course) 😁

A Shoreditch Heart

I was as upset as anyone on here when he signed the pre contract with that shower, but if he's fully fit we have to play him from the start. He's a great footballer and I reckon he will give his all so that we will remember him positively - c'mon The Hearts!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

His team mates, colleagues, friends 

PapaShango
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Simple question... do we think he will and should start on Saturday if fit?

Mods - if you can add a poll to this thread that would be good as I don't know how to but think it will be interesting to see how many people think he should play)

I am going for yes - he is still a Hearts player and one of our best too.

Has to play if fit. He will want a winners medal simple as that and is a professional. If Robbie trusts him that's good enough for me. He along with Halkett and Kingsley give us our strongest chance of winning the cup. The alternatives for me don't bear thinking about. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

We agree. This time!

We always agree, in general.

Jambo 4 Ever
57 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Has to play if fit. He will want a winners medal simple as that and is a professional. If Robbie trusts him that's good enough for me. He along with Halkett and Kingsley give us our strongest chance of winning the cup. The alternatives for me don't bear thinking about. 

Agreed 

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hope you’re right 

Players were told the team today. So 🤞 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

he is a complete professional regardless of what people of his career choices. When he pulls on a hearts jersey he only ever gives his best. In his final game for the club that helped set his career alight, he will want to lift the cup with us. 

I would hope he'd want to end his legacy with a cup win and winners medal. Rangers players won't go in too hard on him, aftter all they won't want to injure their future colleague.

Bazzas right boot

If it goes to penalties unsure if he'll be stepping forward for one.... 

This is Souttar's last hurrah in a Hearts shirt, where he's been an integral part of the team for 6 years.  He's made over 130 appearances for us, which puts him somewhere in the top 10% of all time player appearances in the history of the club (according to a quick look at London Hearts).  He has spent time as club captain, and has been one of the first names on the team sheet when he hasn't been out through injury. 

If people think he's going to spaff that up the wall and play like shit to sabotage us over the tribute act he's signed a pre-contract with, then you need to give your head a wobble. He has never shown signs of having questionable integrity before, and has tried his hardest in every game he's played for us. 

Go out there for one last solid showing in maroon, and win the cup. That is how he'll want it to be on Saturday. He will not be celebrating with a team who's shirt he hasn't even pulled on for the first time yet. 

Vlad Magic
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This is Souttar's last hurrah in a Hearts shirt, where he's been an integral part of the team for 6 years.  He's made over 130 appearances for us, which puts him somewhere in the top 10% of all time player appearances in the history of the club (according to a quick look at London Hearts).  He has spent time as club captain, and has been one of the first names on the team sheet when he hasn't been out through injury. 

If people think he's going to spaff that up the wall and play like shit to sabotage us over the tribute act he's signed a pre-contract with, then you need to give your head a wobble. He has never shown signs of having questionable integrity before, and has tried his hardest in every game he's played for us. 

Go out there for one last solid showing in maroon, and win the cup. That is how he'll want it to be on Saturday. He will not be celebrating with a team who's shirt he hasn't even pulled on for the first time yet. 

Summed up.

Consummate professional. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Also there are plenty of players who know in the mind that they are moving on to a different team at end of season but will still give 100% in the final games 

Vlad Magic

Not sure why this OP was posted in the first place? It’s been discussed ad nausea.

If it has to be discussed again so close to the game it really should be in the Cup Final thread.

MODS should perhaps move it.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If Souttar is in the starting lineup, we have a better chance of lifting the cup.

Simple as that.

Agreed

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

No we don’t...

😁

We do in general , like some others it  just take you a  longer to realise it.....:HeartsManspotrun:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Also there are plenty of players who know in the mind that they are moving on to a different team at end of season but will still give 100% in the final games 

There are also players who chuck it.

A Shoreditch Heart
3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Summed up.

Consummate professional. 

exactly - he will play a blinder !

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Thought Police said:

I don't care if a player is 100 per cent bought into Hearts. With few if any exceptions professional footballers unlike fans are not 100 per cent bought into a club. He has IMO done his best for us whenever he has played and that is all you can ask. If he is fit he should play. If he is not I would trust him to be honest about it ... despite the inevitable accusations of disloyalty that he would face.

Edited by Francis Albert

Hearts1975

Of course we should play him if he is fit 

I genuinely believe first and foremost he will want to win it for us, and before he leaves.

Secondly, he will want to show that they made the correct decision in signing him in the first place 

There isn't a chance in hell that he will give anything less than 100% 

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't care if a player is 100 per cent bought into Hearts. With few if any exceptions professional footballers unlike fans are not 100 per cent bought into a club. He has IMO done his best for us whenever he has played and that is all you can ask. If he is fit he should play. If he is not I would trust him to be honest about it ... despite the inevitable accusations of disloyalty that he would face.

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If Rangers players can see they have signed a player who is not giving 100% they are never going to trust him

Absolutely true. Fans and professional football players are very different, for them it's a living, and a few years spent in the system will quickly show them that supporting a club means nothing at any level if you're not good enough.

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Neither Sibbick or Moore have nailed themselves starting places in Souttar's or Halkett's absence so play the strongest team.

More than likely they will not last 90 min and certainly not to ET and penalties.

Sibbick & Moore give me nightmares at the thought of them playing?but we might have no choice but to,hope Robbie gets this line up right and we have a shout," mon the hearts"🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, jamborich said:

No way he’s not a hearts player he’s a rangers player shouldn’t even be concidered 

He’s still a hearts player mate 

if he scores the winner will you boo?

been here before
14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He’s still a hearts player mate 

if he scores the winner will you boo?

I may honk.

You?

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

I may honk.

You?

What’s your obsession with honking?

7 hours ago, superjack said:

If he's fit, he should start. If he starts, get your cash on him to score.

Agree, he can ping the odd decent pass as well. 

The seethe from Trfc would be fantastic if he scores. 

Torn on this. Don't doubt his professionalism but to win this we need people willing to play out of their skin and to really want it. Halkett a risk too so I'd only play one of them and the one who wants to be here would get the nod from me.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Something tells me big John is going to score a header in the second half to make it 2-1 & win us the cup 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, jamborich said:

No way he’s not a hearts player he’s a rangers player shouldn’t even be concidered 

No he’s not, Hearts pay his wages.  He’ll give 100% as he always has.  But is he fit enough?

Shouldn't be anywhere near the squad fit or not, would go as far to say shouldn't even be allowed on the team bus.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Sibbick & Moore give me nightmares at the thought of them playing?but we might have no choice but to,hope Robbie gets this line up right and we have a shout," mon the hearts"🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Yip.

joondalupjambo

My issue is there is physically fit and match fit.

John knows where is at and Robbie has to be 100% sure on both.

Like Halkett, I have my doubts in relation to both fitness requirements.

I think Robbie is going to gamble on one of them and I do not know which one.

17 hours ago, superjack said:

If he's fit, he should start. If he starts, get your cash on him to score.

At what end? 😂

Armageddon

Great performance.  But all that time with us and he gives us a 3 word Instagram send off?  He can GTF.

3684192B-98CB-4417-B7B1-710CDDAEC5C0.jpeg

Jean Louis Valois

Doesn't seem the type of guy to go for the big emotional thankyou messages. Also he Probably Doesn't have much affection for the supporters since he started getting abuse in January.