Souttar

Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo 4 Ever

Simple question... do we think he will and should start on Saturday if fit?

Mods - if you can add a poll to this thread that would be good as I don't know how to but think it will be interesting to see how many people think he should play)

I am going for yes - he is still a Hearts player and one of our best too.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Bazzas right boot

• Ked

• been here before

Uncle Buck

If Souttar is in the starting lineup, we have a better chance of lifting the cup.

Simple as that.

Салатные палочки

If fit it's a no-brainer 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Bazzas right boot

I wanted him punted after his move become public, imo it would have been better for everyone. 

However, he stayed and he's our player and I trust him to perform to his best which is better than Sibbick or Moore. 

So yes, if he's match fit- play him. 

Ayrjamtart

Aye I think so only worry for me is if he plays soutter Hallket and smith they haven’t had much football recently so maybe a risk all 3 

The Treasurer
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Simple question... do we think he will and should start on Saturday if fit?

Mods - if you can add a poll to this thread that would be good as I don't know how to but think it will be interesting to see how many people think he should play)

I am going for yes - he is still a Hearts player and one of our best too.

May as well just put out the under 14s CH as, according to you, we have no chance anyway

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

May as well just put out the under 14s CH as, according to you, we have no chance anyway

sensible posts only please

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Positive posts only please (at least where the final is concerned)

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why didn't you put sensible posts only in the OP ?

Just now, Ayrjamtart said:

Aye I think so only worry for me is if he plays soutter Hallket and smith they haven’t had much football recently so maybe a risk all 3 

Agreed - Smith is the least neccessary component of the returning defenders as the Aussie has done really well since coming in. I'd start with Atkinson. Smith not being 100% match sharp makes the deciding factor. The other two centrals are the same re fitness but  their replacements aren't as close in standards. 

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, Ayrjamtart said:

Souttar should start but I would want a maximum 2 or maybe even 1 of the others to start, too much risk due to lack of ftiness  otherwise imo.

BackOfTheNet

Halkett’s last game before Saturday was the semi-final. So his comeback will not take much to get up to speed. Souttar and Smith have been out a long time. I don’t want any excuses if we lose. If we lose because they’re the better side, fine. But if we lose because Souttar misses a clearance or misplaces a pass after 70-80 minutes when he’s blowing out his arse, then that’s a failure in squad selection. For me it should be Kingsley LCB, Halkett CB and Sibbick RCB.

Chillidigits

If fit he must play. We all know he is a part of our strongest line up. I think if he ended the season the same way he started it it would be a chicken bone lodged in their throat timeously replacing the Seville one.

portobellojambo1

If he is fit to play on Saturday then he should be selected. I say that while still believing that it is even more in out favour if Craig Halkett is fit and ready to play,he is the player whose absence has had a bigger impact recently.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Gorgieshed

Normally I'd say get Souttar in the bin, he made his bed let him lie in it.

However, if it means Sibbick doesn't play, Souttar should start. In fact I'd do a fans raffle for a place in the starting line up before I played Sibbick.

been here before

If he's fit, finished working in the TO in time, can get parked and find somewhere for his breakfast, the aye, why not.

Lone Striker

Not sure why the OP even wants a poll to gauge opinion.   It'd be surprising if anyone thinks he shouldn't play, other than  if he fails a fitness test.    

Hasn't Souttar been out too long to just be thrown in?

It would surprise me if he started.

Halks, too, unfortunately.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Not sure why the OP even wants a poll to gauge opinion.   It'd be surprising if anyone thinks he shouldn't play, other than  if he fails a fitness test.    

There will be some who can’t get over the fact he’s joining rangers next season 

been here before
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

There will be some who can’t get over the fact he’s joining rangers next season 

What?

No danger. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm having curry for dinner, tonight.

With Souttar? He strikes me as a korma type.

132goals1958
13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Halkett has only been out 4 weeks. Souttar  is a big gamble in terms of match fitness 

scott herbertson

Kind of player who could well score the winner.

Definitely a Yes from me (and Halkett - they work well together). Smith is a good utility player so keep him as back up if Rangers manage to take us to extra time....

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Switching colours of strips at the end of the season, so more of a chameleon to me

I wouldn’t throw souttar into the match,  even if he passes a fitness test his match fitness will be shocking.  

May as well just hand him over to the rangers colts team now.

There is a gamble either way as I doubt he will last 90 mins.

Do we have him on the bench and bank on making a fast start and then bring him on for the last 30 if we are in a position to close the game out.

Or is he viewed as being part of a fast start and we start him knowing we'll only likely get 60 decent minutes out of him, but gamble that we have done enough by then...

Genuinely makes me glad I am not Robbie for Saturday to be honest.

A_A wehatethehibs

If he and or Halkett has done enough to prove they can last 90 minutes, they should start

I am never a fan of playing players who we know aren’t 90 minutes fit, can definitely only last 45 minutes or 60 minutes from the start, then planning to sub them. Because who knows what can happen in a game. They could potentially have to play 120 minutes. 

So I’d be starting our best possible 11 of players who can definitely all last 120 minutes. That gives the manager the choice of who he wants to bring on and the flexibility of guys going down injured. No pre planned fitness related subs. Only tactical subs

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs

Also both soapy and Halkett can hit a penalty, so if it goes past minute 120 I’d rather have them 2 on than having been subbed off for Moore and Sibbick. 

It’s a question of would we rather have them on towards the end of the game or the start of the game. For me, end of the game. 

The White Cockade

If he’s fit he has to start

we would have no chance starting with Sibbick who has been awful

a fit Halkett would also be a non brainer but he’s still carrying an injury and I’d rather he was fully fit for next season than aggravating his injury

Valentinho
30 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Normally I'd say get Souttar in the bin, he made his bed let him lie in it.

However, if it means Sibbick doesn't play, Souttar should start. In fact I'd do a fans raffle for a place in the starting line up before I played Sibbick.

Wow, what a great way to help a new player settle in!! Souttar is a better than Sibbick, no doubt and should play. But Sibbick will be here next season, so let's be a little more supportive or we could have another Sean Clare on our hands.

Holyrood_Hearts
54 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He has to be fully fit. No room for passengers. 

This. Halkett too. Last thing we need is rushing players back only to lose them during the game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

At this point in time, fairly sure his emotional attachment will exceed his future financial benefit. Expect him to play well

I think he’ll only play one out of Souttar and Halkett with the one left on the bench. 

Id say Souttar who’s been out longer and maybe fitter at this point. 

25 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If he and or Halkett has done enough to prove they can last 90 minutes, they should start

I am never a fan of playing players who we know aren’t 90 minutes fit, can definitely only last 45 minutes or 60 minutes from the start, then planning to sub them. Because who knows what can happen in a game. They could potentially have to play 120 minutes. 

So I’d be starting our best possible 11 of players who can definitely all last 120 minutes. That gives the manager the choice of who he wants to bring on and the flexibility of guys going down injured. No pre planned fitness related subs. Only tactical subs

Correct

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I wanted him punted after his move become public, imo it would have been better for everyone. 

However, he stayed and he's our player and I trust him to perform to his best which is better than Sibbick or Moore. 

So yes, if he's match fit- play him. 

We agree. This time!

Had either Sibbick or Moore nailed down a starting place then no, as they haven't then Souttar has to start

The Goalscoring Knee
43 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:
45 minutes ago, been here before said:

Switching colours of strips at the end of the season, so more of a chameleon to me

👏 Very good.

Absolute Scenes

he is a complete professional regardless of what people of his career choices. When he pulls on a hearts jersey he only ever gives his best. In his final game for the club that helped set his career alight, he will want to lift the cup with us. 

Hammerofthehibs
58 minutes ago, martoon said:

Neither will be fit. Do they get thrown in from the start? If we start with a full team that may intimidate them.