The spirit of Bobby Walker

wfbarrel

Made a trip to Tynecastle today to get a photo in the shop with my Bobby Walker Book .Then on to Merchiston cemetery to tidy up Bobby's Grave,. This is the Story From 1998 about when Bobby's Gravestone was restored. Story from That'll be the day the story of the day Hearts won the Scottish Cup in 1998 and how the Spirit of Bobby Walker helped us to win the Cup . Lets Hope History can repeat itself this Saturday.. You can get your copy of the Bobby Walker Story from the Hearts Shop. All funds generated are being donated to Hearts Heritage Museum. https://www.heartsdirect.co.uk/.../BOBBY-WALKER-THIS-IS...

280639363_728042071874896_9076004341693915926_n.jpg

280651916_330945455756823_800238202457666656_n.jpg

281087381_582974503151868_6758656818038425857_n.jpg

281210172_540901654154843_4360780950248407097_n.jpg

bobby walkers grave  1.jpg

bobby walkers grave  2.jpg

bobby walkers grave  3.jpg

bobby walkers grave  4.jpg

bobby walkers grave  5.jpg

Jeb Stuart

Brilliant story Colin, well done to you and all the boys involved. Hopefully the spirit of Bobby will be with us again on Saturday. HHGH 🇱🇻

Your a chancer,you never tidied up the grave,my mate was up Tuesday to North Merchiston Cemetery and tidied up the graves of Bobby Walker,Tom Purdie and John McCartney as he does twice a year 

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, GorgieJim said:

Your a chancer,you never tidied up the grave,my mate was up Tuesday to North Merchiston Cemetery and tidied up the graves of Bobby Walker,Tom Purdie and John McCartney as he does twice a year 

We’re never far from controversy here. 😄

9 minutes ago, wfbarrel said:

Went up on Wednesday cleared the leaves and tidied it up a bit . Thanks for your positive comment

I'll second you're response to 'Gorgie Jim' (of 3 whole comments) ... and say well done for your efforts!

I went to the cemetery on a few occasions before we played Celtic in the cup final (penalties). I took an age trying to find it, but did so eventually.

Let's hop Bobby has a word with the Gods! 🙂

Last comment on the subject,my mate sent me pictures on Tuesday evening of before and after he tidied up the graves,he also sent the pictures to David Allan not for any credit but in help to locate James Speedie's grave.My mate does not not go on kickback and so I don't want to get him involved so gracefully as I said the subject is closed 

3 minutes ago, GorgieJim said:

Last comment on the subject,my mate sent me pictures on Tuesday evening of before and after he tidied up the graves,he also sent the pictures to David Allan not for any credit but in help to locate James Speedie's grave.My mate does not not go on kickback and so I don't want to get him involved so gracefully as I said the subject is closed 

3 minutes ago, GorgieJim said:

Well Done To your Mate He did a great Job . All I had to do was clear Leaves that had blown in . Not looking for credit either Just wanted to tell the Story