Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As it says…

Is there any way this utter god could fit into the current set up at Hearts.

Currently technical director for Greek Football Federation. His contact book would be phenomenal.

Thoughts?

The Hogfather

Would love to see Takis back at Tynecastle in any capacity. Like you say, his contact book would be incredible. 

Pans Jambo

Loved Takis.

Where would he be positioned though? We already have a Joe Savage.

Have to say, I agree with his thoughts "In my opinion, Hearts can do better"

(I don't think it's a dig a Robbie or the squad, but we MUST look to move ahead and improve on where we are now).

AlimOzturk

Here is a top class left back who achieved so Much in the game both domestically and internationally and yet harks back to the days he played for us. What we are as a club can’t be underestimated. Players simply fall in love with us. 

Rocky jamboa

Just read his interview. Had a chortle when he said Robbie knew he wasn't a fantastic player! Then out of respect, he won't name the Hearts defender he scouted but later said it was Danny Wilson! 😂

Would be great to have someone of Takis' calibre at the club and to take us forward.  I feel we should be looking at the Eastern European Market for players and Takis is maybe a route into that.

Need to clarify what he really meant. It comes across as 'you need to do better' but probably wasn't what he actually said. 

The White Cockade

Head if recruitment when a few years back he was after Danny Wilson who most on here don’t rate at all

Might do a job but the fact he was here for a couple of years at the end of his career 15 years ago doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to do a job as DOF or head of recruitment now I’m happy with Savage for foreseeable future and for Takis to wave to the fans at half time 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Stadium announcer?

hahaha brilliant - sing at half time every game ........la la la la la la 😜

What a classy player he was - his goodbye to the fans (against FFFHibs ? pishing rain and we won 2-0 ?) was a work of art as he spend an absolute age going round each Hearts player shaking their hands - then the ref's hand, then 3 areas of the ground waving - WHEN THE GAME WAS ACTUALLY LIVE. the FFFHibs players were (quite rightly actually but F them) all at the ref telling him this was totally out of order and to hurry him  up being subbed, they were going bonkers - but No the ref let him do as he pleased. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I was thinking something like Head of European/International recruitment.

But again don’t necessarily want to upset the current apple cart.

He’s probs just trying to sell tickets for his event anyway 😂

2 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Love Takis but would not want him if it meant losing Joe Savage.

At the FOH meeting, Savage was pretty clear his ambitions are higher than Hearts. Said he wanted to win the Champions League (which I think we would all agree is a bit out of our reach -ever). 
Maybe succession planning. Also give us a chance to asses if he can deliver as we are all basing things on the fact he was a good left-back and legend which doesn’t necessarily mean he will be a World-Beating Director of Football! 
but I think he may have connections we could do with. 

Whilst it would be good to have someone like him, it would also be good to build relationships with him and the previous Cesnauskas interview at other clubs. 

Open up and engage in other markets and teams to build relationships for loans and transfers, friendlies etc. Good contact to have for sure

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Thinking about it - these sort of things said openly about the club these days never seem to be accidental….

🤔

Tom Hardy’s Dug
35 minutes ago, Sid said:

At the FOH meeting, Savage was pretty clear his ambitions are higher than Hearts. Said he wanted to win the Champions League (which I think we would all agree is a bit out of our reach -ever). 
Maybe succession planning. Also give us a chance to asses if he can deliver as we are all basing things on the fact he was a good left-back and legend which doesn’t necessarily mean he will be a World-Beating Director of Football! 
but I think he may have connections we could do with. 

He has held two very senior roles within Greek football for years now. Doesn’t suggest he is shite at this type of thing.

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I was thinking something like Head of European/International recruitment.

But again don’t necessarily want to upset the current apple cart.

He’s probs just trying to sell tickets for his event anyway 😂

That was my first thought. I do wonder if he applied when we had an ongoing vacancy for DOF type posts

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Or he could start/organise links with European clubs - even at youth levels.

I know these things seem to never get anywhere but for example say he had/made good links with the equivalent of Greek and Portuguese B or U23 teams and Fyssas was in charge of doing what we are currently doing with the likes of Beni, Simms, Cochrane etc?

Identifying and putting names forward of 20-22 year olds that were either being released or needed game time at first team level.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Thought Police

No thanks if he thought Danny Wilson might have been good enough for Panathinaikos

Watt-Zeefuik

The interview makes it sound like he'd want Joe's job, and if he'd asked two years ago I'd have given him the time of day but not until Joe moves on to bigger and better things.

If he wanted to manage, I wouldn't mind Hearts taking a look at all but again the job's not available ATM. That said, if he were fine coming in and working as an assistant coach, that'd be fine, but that doesn't sound like what he's after.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I liked Danny Wilson. :(

He was good for a bit, and captained us through a wretched period, but made doe-eyes at the OF far too often.

Decent player but not a patch on Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley, or for that matter Ozturk, or Rossi.

The Hogfather

Plenty of big clubs have international ambassadors to sell the club to wider audiences. A  European Championship winner who loves the club like Takis Fyssas does could have significant benefits to Hearts if he were to have a role in a similar vein. 

“Strong accent.”

:rofl:

I’m assuming Banderson conducted the interview in his impeccable Greek and found Takis to have an unusually prominent regional accent. Maybe our former left-back is a Vlach or a Cretan.

You just can’t beat Scottish journalists.

Tasavallan
4 hours ago, Marvin said:

I miss Takis 😥

I still have fond memories of him leading the singing after the win in 2006. 

kingantti1874

Yea please.  Surely we can find a role for The great man.  Will have excellent knowledge and suave as ****

Great player for us but I'm wondering why he suddenly wants a job at Hearts now that our profile is high. We've had a rough few years post Romanov, and now because of our survival/success we're doing OK thankfully, due to good management. I know the Greek one's a god around Tynie,but just saying....!