• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyCant

• Shanks said no

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

Riccarton3
21 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

can't believe grown adults actually wanted there to be trouble in Seville!  would give Scotland and football fans a bad name in general

Hard to move on, eh? Left picking over the carcass

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Surprisingly not a lot of trouble at all reported. 

That’s good news 

Naisys Tackle
22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

That’s good news 

Indeed, although I fear for the wags of hun fans after we pump them on Sat.

The Old Tolbooth
52 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

can't believe grown adults actually wanted there to be trouble in Seville!  would give Scotland and football fans a bad name in general

Sniff sniff 

52 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Already got bad name with prick Tic and the Zombies followers...The also-rans in Scot Prem get emptied before you get your credit card statement for the 1st jolly abroad...Matla waiters indeed...😉 Nae time tae make a bad name for ourselves...😂

25 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Indeed, although I fear for the wags of hun fans after we pump them on Sat.

What about the wags of Hearts fans if we lose ? Or has there been some kind of study which revealed Rangers fans are more prone to domestic abuse than Hearts fans. 

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

What about the wags of Hearts fans if we lose ? Or has there been some kind of study which revealed Rangers fans are more prone to domestic abuse than Hearts fans. 

We won't lose.  

Yes, there is. 

Spoiler
15 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

https://research-repository.st-andrews.ac.uk/handle/10023/4063

feel free to come back with a executive summary...

Refers specifically to Old Firm weekends from 15 years ago. Contains all sorts of admitted data shortcomings. Does not mention figures for Hearts or Rangers fans which was the comparison I was asking about

Edited by JimmyCant

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Refers specifically to Old Firm weekends. Contains all sorts of admitted shortcomings. Does not mention Hearts or Rangers fans

Rangers are part of the old firm, otherwise the paper would have been specifically referring to celtic fans.

The paper would have been instigated on the back of observational evidence regarding the behaviour of old firm fans and designed to prove the link between those games and an increase in domestic violence.

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We won't lose.  

Yes, there is. 

Link to the study which compares Rangers fans and Hearts fans for domestic abuse ?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Rangers are part of the old firm, otherwise the paper would have been specifically referring to celtic fans.

The paper would have been instigated on the back of observational evidence regarding the behaviour of old firm fans and designed to prove the link between those games and an increase in domestic violence.

It doesn’t cover the question I asked though.

Japan Jambo
Just now, JimmyCant said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Refers specifically to Old Firm weekends. Contains all sorts of admitted shortcomings. Does not mention Hearts or Rangers fans

Hard to believe in the whataboutery of Scottish football that if you scour the internet for long enough you won't find something!! 

I take your point, though if I might add my Mrs will be on hand to mop my tears should we win and add emotional ballast should we not - she won't be getting skelped either way.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Link to the study which compares Rangers fans and Hearts fans for domestic abuse ?

There's been various studies that conclude domestic violence goes tenfold when they lose a big game.  That will be the case on Saturday when we win the cup.  There's little argument to suggest otherwise. 

The Treasurer

I would imagine there is no data as there is no evidence to link an increase in domestic violence with results of Hearts matches.

There has however been plenty of documented evidence (police, A&E) of an increase linked to results for both halves of the arse cheeks

john thomas
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Hard to believe in the whataboutery of Scottish football that if you scour the internet for long enough you won't find something!! 

I take your point, though if I might add my Mrs will be on hand to mop my tears should we win and add emotional ballast should we not - she won't be getting skelped either way.

Call yourself a man ?

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

There's been various studies that conclude domestic violence goes tenfold when they lose a big game.  That will be the case on Saturday when we win the cup.  There's little argument to suggest otherwise. 

Just link to one of the studies that shows this. Even the study already posted doesn’t show anything like 10fold, or you could just admit that you made a stupid comment based in nothing more than perceived stereotypes 

wentworth jambo
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I would imagine there is no data as there is no evidence to link an increase in domestic violence with results of Hearts matches.

There has however been plenty of documented evidence (police, A&E) of an increase linked to results for both halves of the arse cheeks

There's little argument as you say unless you're a Hun sympathiser, which this board seems to be suffering from. Any normal Hearts fan would not reply the point of Hun WAG's in the event they lose, with what about Hearts WAG's if Hearts lose.....

wentworth jambo

Just link to one of the studies that shows this. Even the study already posted doesn’t show anything like 10fold, or you could just admit that you made a stupid comment based in nothing more than perceived stereotypes 

do you ever ask yourself why would the study focus on an increase in Old Firm domestic violence when the team loses, and not on all other Scottish teams ? Generally studies like this focus on areas that have something to study. Only an ar5e cheek sympathiser would argue otherwise...

Riccarton3

Maybe wait until after Saturday before getting the fans fair play award nomination in.

Edited by Riccarton3

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes. 

It was a big thing covering OF fans and the increase of domestic abuse on either side after a defeat. 

Quite topical at the time. 

Tbf, The rangers fans In the stadium last night seemed on the whole pretty normal for  human beings. 

Naisys Tackle
22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don't think there's been many studies into domestic violence among any other sides in Scotland because it's simply not an issue. 

Japan Jambo
45 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Call yourself a man ?

not sure if that's an attempt at humour or some sort of dig? 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Surprisingly not a lot of trouble at all reported. 

I think the authorities in Seville had it well sussed.

I know alot of folk over for it. Saw live videos on facebook. It looked like the fan zones were well out the way in big derelict areas with a few beer tents.

They'd have been aswell in the meadows. Looked pretty ***** tbh. But no real danger of any bother.

john thomas
10 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

not sure if that's an attempt at humour or some sort of dig? 🤷‍♂️

Let's see 

You posted 'she won't be getting skelped either way' 

I replied 'call yourself a man' 

You're not sure if that's an attempt at humour ?

Not discussing the feebleness of the joke but fekk me 

Japan Jambo
9 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Let's see 

You posted 'she won't be getting skelped either way' 

I replied 'call yourself a man' 

You're not sure if that's an attempt at humour ?

Not discussing the feebleness of the joke but fekk me 

sorry long day at work 🙂

Jambo 4 Ever
9 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Looks more like the Frankfurt fans being the dicks in that video to be honest

This

fair play to rangers fans 

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think there's been many studies into domestic violence among any other sides in Scotland because it's simply not an issue. 

There is evidence of an increase in domestic violence during Old Firm weekends. No other club match up has been studied. However in the same report there is also evidence of increased domestic violence after any major sporting event, including Scotland games. The report cites the reason for this being significant extra alcohol consumption which is almost always a factor in large public events and almost always a factor in domestic violence. Actually nothing to do with the result of the game (said the study)

Somehow that’s been translated into Rangers fans wives being in some sort of significant danger simply because they lose on Saturday. There is no evidence for that and no study ever done on domestic violence after non OF matches involving Rangers, or Hearts for that matter. Excess alcohol by large numbers of people during any event in any city, be it Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Aberdeen results in increased levels of domestic violence. That’s been proven in studies many times. The cause is not Rangers getting beat. The cause is men (normally men) with a pre disposition for violence being inflamed by alcohol(usually)and losing control.

Edited by JimmyCant

john thomas
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

sorry long day at work 🙂

Retire and then you can crack crap jokes !

47 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

There is evidence of an increase in domestic violence during Old Firm weekends. No other club match up has been studied. However in the same report there is also evidence of increased domestic violence after any major sporting event, including Scotland games. The report cites the reason for this being significant extra alcohol consumption which is almost always a factor in large public events and almost always a factor in domestic violence. Actually nothing to do with the result of the game (said the study)

Somehow that’s been translated into Rangers fans wives being in some sort of significant danger simply because they lose on Saturday. There is no evidence for that and no study ever done on domestic violence after non OF matches involving Rangers, or Hearts for that matter. Excess alcohol by large numbers of people during any event in any city, be it Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Aberdeen results in increased levels of domestic violence. That’s been proven in studies many times. The cause is not Rangers getting beat. The cause is men (normally men) with a pre disposition for violence being inflamed by alcohol(usually)and losing control.

May be due to the exceptional prism that is an of game? E.g. the game is a crystallisation of the sectarian divide. The football game is merely the forum for their bile to have a public outlet. So it's more than a game, it's a cultural, religious, political baring of what soul these "people" have?

Not saying that domestic abuse doesn't happen after other types of game, I'd be surprised if it didn't, but given the numbers of men invested in the OF narrative, no surprise the figures are horrendous.