Be respectful in Seville

lou

manaliveits105
14 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I was in the Auld Alliance at the time and actually sat next to Collymore on the flight over from Edinburgh.  Collymore was pissed and took exception to the likes of Ewan McGregor chatting up Ulrika.  A big mouthed Brummie.

Was Ally McCoist not supposed to have taken her home to comfort her :jj:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JimmyCant

• Shanks said no

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

periodictabledancer
5 hours ago, been here before said:

You're making that up.

It's complete nonsense. 

john thomas
17 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

If that had happened (which would really have been unfair ) possibily rangers would never have become dominant during the rest of the 80s and into the 90s as the English players would likely not have come north .Fergus Mccann may not saved celtic ,Scottish football at least would have took longer before the ugly sisters became so powerful .

Certainly a what if .

Different FAs , would never have happened . UEFA rules would not have allowed it .

Sounds more like clickbait by the media . If there was such a thing then 

Shanks said no
34 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I was in the Auld Alliance at the time and actually sat next to Collymore on the flight over from Edinburgh.  Collymore was pissed and took exception to the likes of Ewan McGregor chatting up Ulrika.  A big mouthed Brummie.

Not defending Collymore but he detests Rangers after they got him sacked by BT Sport

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/20/stan-collymore-bt-sport-dropped-football-pundit

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

All I see here is frankfurt hooligans firing fireworks at rangers fans in the pub then running off behind the police. 

Frankfurt look like they are out looking for trouble from the clips in this thread.  could be carnage later. 

the general
22 minutes ago, Bainy said:

All I see here is frankfurt hooligans firing fireworks at rangers fans in the pub then running off behind the police. 

Frankfurt look like they are out looking for trouble from the clips in this thread.  could be carnage later. 

Doubt Frankfurt will show

More like they will cowardly attack small groups

So far so good Id say. Couple of pretty minor bits and pieces here and there, the biggest of which seems to have been instigated by German fans. After the game will be the big test

Unknown user
21 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm fairly certain English clubs weren't banned, only Liverpool were. Thatcher then decided to take England out of all European and international games afterwards, but UEFA didn't ban England.

Is that right? I definitely have in mind that all English clubs were banned by UEFA for however many years, and Liverpool a couple more

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is that right? I definitely have in mind that all English clubs were banned by UEFA for however many years, and Liverpool a couple more

I agree with you @Smithee

UEFA banned English clubs for "an indeterminate period of time."

English club sides were banned indefinitely from European club competitions, with Liverpool being provisionally subject to a further three years suspension as well.

In April 1990, following years of campaigning from the English football authorities, UEFA confirmed the reintroduction of English clubs (with the exception of Liverpool) into its competitions from the 1990–91 season onward; in April 1991 UEFA's executive committee voted to allow Liverpool back into European competition from the 1991–92 season onward, a year later than their compatriots, but two years earlier than initially foreseen.

In the end, all English clubs served a five-year-ban, while Liverpool were excluded for six years.

Edit - and the first team to miss out on the European Cup were Everton........

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Watt-Zeefuik
21 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Amazing how Liverpool, the compliant English media and their fans continue to sweep Heysel under the carpet.

They should have been banned forever.

Aye, the media have done nothing but favors to Liverpool fans over the years. Right-o.

(I realize it's not necessarily representative but during the final resolution to the Hillsborough inquest, I saw a lot of Liverpool fans showing gratitude and at the same time putting their hands up for Heysel and acknowledging their role.)

PortyBeach
On 16/05/2022 at 23:11, Percival King said:

I don't know why Souness, Gough  etc need to warn those loveable teddy bears about their behaviour. If anything bad happens, if there's any trouble, then it obviously won't be fans of The Rangers, it'll be the fault of, erm, everyone else......starting with BBC Scotland.

Tsk, tsk - how could you say such a thing! 😆 I’ve no doubt the usual media suspects will have already prepared the headlines with the usual excuses.
Curious that these “stalwarts” have been wheeled out to make a plea for good behaviour. Or perhaps not? 
Is it possible TRFC have been warned that following the trashing of Manchester, there will be financial consequences if the “Bearmacht” runs riot in Seville?

Tasavallan

Us older supporters will remember the teddies' pitch invasion at Cup Winner's Cup Final at Barcelona 1972.

It is going to happen again, regardless of result.

Too much Sangria in the park, perhaps.

Edited by Tasavallan

Independence
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Us older supporters will remember the teddies' pitch invasion at Cup Winner's Cup Final at Barcelona 1972.

It is going to happen again, regardless of result.

Too much Sangria in the park, perhaps.

I remember it well. The police were blamed by Sevco. Many police injured and robberies galore. They always blame someone else. It is never their fault. 

Tasavallan
30 minutes ago, Independence said:

I remember it well. The police were blamed by Sevco. Many police injured and robberies galore. They always blame someone else. It is never their fault. 

It was the police's fault in Manchester, too.

Edited by Tasavallan

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Independence said:

They were pushed onto the pitch

TyphoonJambo

Just back from Seville. The road from Mallaga was full of coaches pulled and loads of the unwashed passing by the road.  Fantastic ambassadors. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Seems my memory was quite 100%, but Thatcher did initiate it.

Jeffros Furios

Most of it seems pretty good natured but there does seem to be a few hundred  Frankfurt pavement dancers .

Instead of pretending to attack a pub of a few dozen maybe try it with a larger Rangers group  

Wankers 

33 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Without looking to defend anyone, this particular clip looks like Rangers fans in the cafe having being started on by masked guys.

Sooperstar
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Without looking to defend anyone, this particular clip looks like Rangers fans in the cafe having being started on by masked guys.

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Most of the footage I'm seeing seems to German huns assaulting Glasgow huns.

Aye, all the videos I've seen so far have the Frankfurt fans as the apparent aggressors.

We'll see if that continues if Rangers lose.

Alec Eiffel
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Was Ally McCoist not supposed to have taken her home to comfort her :jj:

So the rumour at the time went.

One bomber Harris, there's only one bomber Harris...

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Looks like the football is gonna be the undercard right enough, feel sorry for the locals, what a ***ked up world we're living in and it's getting worse...

TyphoonJambo

Getting really nervous now. Eintracht Frankfurts biggest game since I started supporting them. 13 days ago!

Sooperstar
25 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Getting really nervous now. Eintracht Frankfurts biggest game since I started supporting them. 13 days ago!

Tut tut tut tut tut.

IMG-20220518-WA0015.jpg

King of the North

The hun fans have certainly taken the message about being respectful on board. They are standing in dignified silence while the Eintracht fans set about creating all the atmosphere. Pathetic showing from the Rangers fans. 

TyphoonJambo
41 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Tut tut tut tut tut.

IMG-20220518-WA0015.jpg

Outed!! So sue me🤣

PortyBeach
On 17/05/2022 at 19:27, Shooter McGavin said:

Followed by Rangers releasing the following statement,

”AYE BUT WHATABOUT CELTIC TRASHING GLASGOW????”

TRFC wouldn’t dirty their hands like that: their media poodles would obediently peddle the “whataboutery” line.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Most of the footage I'm seeing seems to German huns assaulting Glasgow huns.

It's huntastic!

Shooter McGavin

Right,

So how many arrests do we reckon?

How many statements from Sturgeon in the coming weeks condemning the behaviour?

How much statements from Rangers deflecting and sweeping under the carpet?

How many pubs, bars and restaurants will be destroyed by the great unwashed?

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Right,

So how many arrests do we reckon?

How many statements from Sturgeon in the coming weeks condemning the behaviour?

How much statements from Rangers deflecting and sweeping under the carpet?

How many pubs, bars and restaurants will be destroyed by the great unwashed?

Tonight or Saturday ?

Keep your wits about you is my advice !

I think they'll be too gutted to wreck the place. 

They were so arrogant, they genuinely thought they were going to win, and it was looking good for a while. 

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Tonight or Saturday ?

Keep your wits about you is my advice !

I think you're right for Saturday. 

12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

:lol:🤣😂

throwing chairs at each other, bloody grown men acting like children, 50% of scotlands shame right there.

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, OBE said:

Looks like the football is gonna be the undercard right enough, feel sorry for the locals, what a ***ked up world we're living in and it's getting worse...

Quite a leap there. Football violence was way worse a generation ago but there was no social media there to glorify it. 

40 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

:lol:🤣😂

throwing chairs at each other, bloody grown men acting like children, 50% of scotlands shame right there.

In that video its Frankfurt fans attacking rangers fans in a pub .

So, barely any trouble at all last night. None of the hoped for and predicted carnage and disgrace, in fact it appears things between the two sets of fans were pretty cordial all round for 3 days with the very odd exception.

Why we’re so many people hoping it would be a bloodbath ?

Jambo 4 Ever

can't believe grown adults actually wanted there to be trouble in Seville!  would give Scotland and football fans a bad name in general