Jake Daniels…..well done son.

Angel eyes

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It would be even nicer if they write about their experiences in the shed as the issue is a general one and not specifically related to football nor Hearts.

This issue isn't, however, due to the rarity of a gay footballer coming out. It's very specifically to do with football.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• JamboAl

• Unknown user

• davemclaren

Unknown user
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It would be even nicer if they write about their experiences in the shed as the issue is a general one and not specifically related to football nor Hearts.

I know what you're saying but it's both, and in this instance prompted by someone in football.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I know what you're saying but it's both, and in this instance prompted by someone in football.

I await with interest the discussion on Wagatha Christie....

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

Just to show there's so much more left to be achieved.

Idrissa Gueye refuses to wear PSG shirt featuring rainbow symbol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61492696

Good to see his fellow Senegalese players supporting him! Support the struggle against racism but refuse to support the LBGTQ community. 

We hat an enlightened bunch they are.

davemclaren
58 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see his fellow Senegalese players supporting him! Support the struggle against racism but refuse to support the LBGTQ community. 

We hat an enlightened bunch they are.

As are FIFA in selecting a venue for this years World Cup where homosexuality is illegal. No rainbow symbols on display there I would imagine. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As are FIFA in selecting a venue for this years World Cup where homosexuality is illegal. No rainbow symbols on display there I would imagine. 

That's cause cash in brown envelopes overrules rainbow 🌈.

davemclaren
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

That's cause cash in brown envelopes overrules rainbow 🌈.

Indeed. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I await with interest the discussion on Wagatha Christie....

Start a thread

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Start a thread

Wouldn't do that.

It would be as irrelevant to football/Hearts as this one is.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Wouldn't do that.

It would be as irrelevant to football/Hearts as this one is.

Ah well, at least you bumped this to the top again

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Ah well, at least you bumped this to the top again

Scant consolation for you but as long as you're happy.

OOOhh I've put it to the top again.

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Scant consolation for you but as long as you're happy.

OOOhh I've put it to the top again.

Consolation? I wasn't exactly emotionally invested in your starting a Rebecca Vardy thread. But I am happy, thank you, hope you're happy too

We have a lot to work on in the world of football, and as exposure leads to acceptance I hope we see more gay talk.

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Consolation? I wasn't exactly emotionally invested in your starting a Rebecca Vardy thread. But I am happy, thank you, hope you're happy too

We have a lot to work on in the world of football, and as exposure leads to acceptance I hope we see more gay talk.

I didn't suggest you should be emotionally invested in an RV thread or indeed anything else for that matter and I had no intentions of starting such a thread - merely pointing out that like this thread it has little or no relevance to HMFC/football per se.  The guy just happens to be a footballer.  Gay talk is a general topic like heterosexual talk, religion or colour and should IMO be in the shed.  That is my point.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't suggest you should be emotionally invested in an RV thread or indeed anything else for that matter and I had no intentions of starting such a thread - merely pointing out that like this thread it has little or no relevance to HMFC/football per se.  The guy just happens to be a footballer.  Gay talk is a general topic like heterosexual talk, religion or colour and should IMO be in the shed.  That is my point.

"I know what you're saying" means explaining your point is a bit redundant old bean, but good for you for keeping it at the forefront.

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

For a thread that you don't want on this forum, you are  spending a lot of time posting on it 🤪

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

"I know what you're saying" means explaining your point is a bit redundant old bean, but good for you for keeping it at the forefront.

Ah the old psychology, old bean.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, lou said:

For a thread that you don't want on this forum, you are  spending a lot of time posting on it 🤪

I reckon he's a secret agent, publicly against it, privately fighting tooth and nail to keep the issue front and centre.

Will be a good move for him financially coming out.  No one had a clue who he was but now everyones talking about some 17 year old that’s nowhere near first team for a shite blackpool. 

He will end up getting a move to a decent level club based on how marketable he will be.  

good move from the lad. 

6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Will be a good move for him financially coming out.  No one had a clue who he was but now everyones talking about some 17 year old that’s nowhere near first team for a shite blackpool. 

He will end up getting a move to a decent level club based on how marketable he will be.  

good move from the lad. 

:D You reek of cynicism. I doubt very much that this was Daniels' motivation, but if that makes you more comfortable with his coming out then so be it.

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Shanks said:

good move from the lad. 

Are you saying that's what's behind it? Seems to me none of us are in a very good position to say what his motives are.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Are you saying that's what's behind it? Seems to me none of us are in a very good position to say what his motives are.

I’m just saying my thoughts on the positive outcomes for him by coming out.  I haven’t said thats his motivation for it.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Shanks said:

I’m just saying my thoughts on the positive outcomes for him by coming out.  I haven’t said thats his motivation for it.

You didn't say it, but the implication's there, that's why I asked.

Of all the things you could have said, you went straight to "this'll be financially beneficial" so I think it's a fair question. Do you reckon that's what was behind it? I doubt it very much myself.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I reckon he's a secret agent, publicly against it, privately fighting tooth and nail to keep the issue front and centre.

Aye, there's no fooling such an intelligent chap as you.