John Souttar and Andy Haliday.

AlimOzturk

AC Mallin_51

This whole situation would bother me if Halliday didn’t try against rangers. He may not be the most gifted footballer in our squad but he’s one player who’s commitment and effort on the park can never be questioned, no matter who it’s against 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shooter McGavin

• been here before

• AlimOzturk

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve said my piece before on Souttar. Don’t care, signing a precontract with a rival is terrible optics and disrespectful. You could agree it all but not announce till the end of the season but he chose not to do that. Selfish behaviour. 

Halliday has knocked his pan in for us and we all know he’s a rangers fan, it’s not some big secret. I wish he’d not do any media work talking them up, I think again it’s disrespectful to his current club. It’s very diddy to accept it and I’d like the club to put a stop to it. I never liked Boyd doing similar when at Killie. 

been here before
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I’ve said my piece before on Souttar. Don’t care, signing a precontract with a rival is terrible optics and disrespectful. You could agree it all but not announce till the end of the season but he chose not to do that. Selfish behaviour.

Presumably you were likewise upset when Hearts announced Halkett signed a pre contract with us whilst still Livingston captain?

Edited by been here before

14 hours ago, Newton51 said:

That did sicken me too. Hate the love in for Halliday especially. I want him to get stuck in next week and see what they say then

He’ll have to watch. Too fired up he’ll get sent off. We can’t give em any leg ups

Batistuta87
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Halliday has knocked his pan in for us and we all know he’s a rangers fan, it’s not some big secret. I wish he’d not do any media work talking them up, I think again it’s disrespectful to his current club. It’s very diddy to accept it and I’d like the club to put a stop to it. I never liked Boyd doing similar when at Killie. 

Was Rangers who announced Souttar, not him. He has no control over what they do. He may ask, but they may just as easily decline. 

Again on Halliday; he never talks them up as a fan and he's just honest about them like any other football fan would be whether its good or bad. Listen to Open Goal and it will really change your mind. He's been saying they won't win UEL, can't believe they've for this far, and althoht the other presenters wind him up and try to get him to say pro-Rangers stuff, he respecfully distances himself from it and laughs it off. Speaks very highly of Hearts and thinks we will win the cup.

Edited by Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was Rangers who announced Souttar, not him. He has no control over what they do. He may ask, but they may just as easily decline. 

Again on Halliday; he never talks them up as a fan and he's just honest about them like any other football fan would be whether its good or bad. Listen to Open Goal and it will really change your mind. He's been saying they won't win UEL, can't believe they've for this far, and althoht the other presenters wind him up and try to get him to say pro-Rangers stuff, he respecfully distances himself from it and laughs it off. Speaks very highly of Hearts and thinks we will win the cup.

On Halliday, I'm talking about stuff like saying they should sign Calvin Ramsay, he shouldn't be commenting on another clubs players. Generally speaking he's okay, but I'm uncomfortable with it. Admittidly he could be worse, Charlie Adam and Kris Boyd paying almost no respect to their own clubs whilst relentlessly bumming up rangers in the media is/was embarrassing beyond belief. 

Re Souttar I'm fairly certainty they were trying to push it through in January. But I have no doubt the player and his agent could have went about this in a much better way. The player isn't powerless in these situations, if he'd asked they would have kept it quiet. 

14 minutes ago, been here before said:

Presumably you were likewise upset when Hearts announced Halkett signed a pre contract with us whilst still Livingston captain?

Halkett we waited until Livi had secured their top flight status. We didn't announce it whilst they had something to play for which is the right and decent thing to do. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Halkett we waited until Livi had secured their top flight status. We didn't announce it whilst they had something to play for which is the right and decent thing to do. 

Not according to this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47775439

"Premiership safety virtually guaranteed".

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

On Halliday, I'm talking about stuff like saying they should sign Calvin Ramsay, he shouldn't be commenting on another clubs players. Generally speaking he's okay, but I'm uncomfortable with it. Admittidly he could be worse, Charlie Adam and Kris Boyd paying almost no respect to their own clubs whilst relentlessly bumming up rangers in the media is/was embarrassing beyond belief. 

Re Souttar I'm fairly certainty they were trying to push it through in January. But I have no doubt the player and his agent could have went about this in a much better way. The player isn't powerless in these situations, if he'd asked they would have kept it quiet. 

Halliday... If he's asked a question, he answers. But he doesn't go out of his way to try and talk about Rangers. He actually squirms slightly and looks really uncomfortable when they're brought up and when the others are trying to wind him up and trick him into saying something. Different if he disappeared against Rangers but he gets stuck into them just like he does with any other team. 

I don't think Souttar has done anything wrong. Still hasn't actually announced anything himself or posted anything on social media. I think they've said they'll try and get him in the door in January and they then failed to come to an agreement with us. It's made absolutely no difference to our position - he's tried just as hard for us after signing with them as he did beforehand. Even when he was getting booed by his own fans, he put in the same effort and played out his skin. He was quite visibly (and understandably) pissed off at that but he still put in the effort on the pitch. 

Again...Different if he had downed tools but he's done the opposite and has mucked in and tried his best. 

And lastly, Livi were not promoted when we announced Halkett. 

Edited by Batistuta87

33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Halliday... If he's asked a question, he answers. But he doesn't go out of his way to try and talk about Rangers. He actually squirms slightly and looks really uncomfortable when they're brought up and when the others are trying to wind him up and trick him into saying something. Different if he disappeared against Rangers but he gets stuck into them just like he does with any other team. 

I don't think Souttar has done anything wrong. Still hasn't actually announced anything himself or posted anything on social media. I think they've said they'll try and get him in the door in January and they then failed to come to an agreement with us. It's made absolutely no difference to our position - he's tried just as hard for us after signing with them as he did beforehand. Even when he was getting booed by his own fans, he put in the same effort and played out his skin. He was quite visibly (and understandably) pissed off at that but he still put in the effort on the pitch. 

Again...Different if he had downed tools but he's done the opposite and has mucked in and tried his best. 

And lastly, Livi were not promoted when we announced Halkett. 

I know, they were already in the top flight. I think it was announced once they couldn't be relegated? 

hearts 4 the cup

Not really fussed about the singing yesterday, just part and parcel of football 

But with it being reported that Halliday will be a pundit for the radio on Wednesday, will this mean he will be in Spain for the final? If so, we shouldn’t play next week. It’s crucial all players are together this week in preparation for our biggest game of the season. If he’s doing the punditry from a studio in Glasgow, I take all of that back haha

19/05/2012
1 minute ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

Not really fussed about the singing yesterday, just part and parcel of football 

But with it being reported that Halliday will be a pundit for the radio on Wednesday, will this mean he will be in Spain for the final? If so, we shouldn’t play next week. It’s crucial all players are together this week in preparation for our biggest game of the season. If he’s doing the punditry from a studio in Glasgow, I take all of that back haha

He is on Radio Clyde in Glasgow on Wednesday he wont be in Seville the chant was just banter

hearts 4 the cup
1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

He is on Radio Clyde in Glasgow on Wednesday he wont be in Seville the chant was just banter

Thanks for confirming, stress over haha

AlimOzturk
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Too many snowflakes in our support. 😉

I was a bit snowflakey last night letting they Rangers arseholes wind me up. I was half pished as well and just hate those pricks Generally Halliday does try his hardest in the pitch and his commitment 

Souttar has been professional but still don’t think he should have played for again after signing for them

I genuinely hate they arseholes being in full on party mode at Tynie. If it comes full circle and manage to beat them next week and last nights run out helps then fair enough

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Totally agreed - and its well known that there is a hard core of vociferous Rangers love in the dressing room thats been remarked upon by players who have left Hearts on loan. Eg McCulloch/Naismith/Halliday/and others hailing from across the Irish sea. This, i personally detest 

Sooperstar
16 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Can't do much about Rangers fans cheering Halliday on tbf, but our fans don't have to join in with their songs either.

Yep, the most embarrassing thing yesterday was when a section of our fans started singing about there being no green at Hampden, in an attempt to have a sing-a-long with the Rangers fans.

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Totally agreed - and its well known that there is a hard core of vociferous Rangers love in the dressing room thats been remarked upon by players who have left Hearts on loan. Eg McCulloch/Naismith/Halliday/and others hailing from across the Irish sea. This, i personally detest 

I haven't read anything about that from loan players, or any players who have left. Have you got a link or two? 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I was a bit snowflakey last night letting they Rangers arseholes wind me up. I was half pished as well and just hate those pricks Generally Halliday does try his hardest in the pitch and his commitment 

Souttar has been professional but still don’t think he should have played for again after signing for them

I genuinely hate they arseholes being in full on party mode at Tynie. If it comes full circle and manage to beat them next week and last nights run out helps then fair enough

Halliday and Souttar to score. 🤞🏆

Restonbabe
17 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Open goal podcast and YouTube videos as well. 

Hardly a rangers podcast. 

Guy is a decent servent to this football club. 

Chipped in with a brace against hibs recently. 

2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

There’s more chance of my mother, a practising Catholic, being in Seville this week than Andy Halliday. I trust completely that his mind will be totally on Hearts all of this week and beyond, apart from his radio stint of course. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Halliday looked like the only one who could be arsed yesterday.

Thought Smith tried hard and Haring put himself about. 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Thought Smith tried hard and Haring put himself about. 

Would start with both of them. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Would start with both of them. 

Smith was ropey, clearly not sharp. 

But if it's a choice of Smith or Sibbick I'm for Smith. 

Riccarton3
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Yep, the most embarrassing thing yesterday was when a section of our fans started singing about there being no green at Hampden, in an attempt to have a sing-a-long with the Rangers fans.

Aww, that's just lovely. 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No brainer. 

Fort Vallance
17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Exactly right. Smith was poor yesterday which was completely understandable.  Sibbick was just poor.

airdriejambo3

They cheered Halliday because they dont see him as a threat to them and I'm sure that won't go unnoticed by Andy or those around him and he will be ready to prove them wrong next week. 

20 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

A momentary lapse from their bigoted shite. They are pathetic on every level that support. I see nothing else. 

I was going to say that it's pretty much the least offensive thing they've ever sung at Tynecastle. And fair dos, the Halliday / Seville one was pretty decent. 

Let's hope that we're singing Andy Halliday to the tune of the Paulo Sergio song next week after he's put us 3-0 up. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

They cheered Halliday because they dont see him as a threat to them and I'm sure that won't go unnoticed by Andy or those around him and he will be ready to prove them wrong next week. 

Hibs done the same.

Blew up in their face, fingers crossed! 

3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

That's part of the Scottish football cancer. When such a large proportion of the population of both Scotland and NI is attached to one of the gruesome twosome, it's inevitable that a there'll be those that way inclined amongst our Scottish / NI players. 

The Gorgie
4 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Thought Naismith was a killie fan?

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Thought Naismith was a killie fan?

Nah, rangers fan. Although they don't like him.

No longer active

Halliday gave the Rangers coaching staff a big hug each when he came out pre-match. He is obviously well respected by them. However he gave 100% and committed some hard tackles - he was the consummate professional yesterday

19 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Halliday gave the Rangers coaching staff a big hug each when he came out pre-match. He is obviously well respected by them. However he gave 100% and committed some hard tackles - he was the consummate professional yesterday

As was Souttar. 

Scott Leitch

Pretty sure Robbie was a Rangers fan. Makes no difference. They are professionals and will do everything they can to win the cup. 

The Hogfather
5 hours ago, busbyfth said:

What a weird thing to lie about.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I have no axe to grind with Halliday but the only work he should be doing this week is with Hearts

On 14/05/2022 at 20:08, Salad Fingers said:

He talks about Hearts a lot on Open Goal. From listening to him on it, he's very much focused on being a Hearts player and giving 100% while he is. 

On 14/05/2022 at 20:15, Sir Craig Gordon said:

When Halliday has pulled on our shirt he's been nothing but the ultimate professional, regardless of ability.

these

spirt of 98
On 14/05/2022 at 19:20, Percival King said:

Way way back in the '80s we want up to Dens. All the talk was we were going to sign Tosh McKinlay, which we did. He came on as a sub for Dundee and a got a great reception from the opposition fans (us) and was applauded as the game progressed. It was funny and no big deal, just like it was no big deal today. Should we stop applauding Robbo when he comes to Tynecastle as an employee of another club? It's all no big deal, for me, but I appreciate others feel differently.

Tosh McKinlay I saw him on a Wednesday going to Tannadice. He’s looks in a bad way nasty limp. 

2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

What a weird thing to lie about.

One quote was in the papers re an ex goalie of ours - the Hungarian guy - you do read dont you ?

been here before
4 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

One quote was in the papers re an ex goalie of ours - the Hungarian guy - you do read dont you ?

The Hungarian guy would be Bobby Zlamal the Czech guy.

This reading thing eh?

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

We've never had a Hungarian goalkeeper in the time Naismith, Halliday or McCulloch have been at the club. Would you like to try again?

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, been here before said:

The Hungarian guy would be Bobby Zlamal the Czech guy.

This reading thing eh?

Tbf red top newspapers aren't aimed at people who're able to read.

Was more annoyed at Souttar waving to the Rangers bench as he went past to come on after warming up

But like Halliday, I couldn't fault his commitment once he came onto the park

I’m sure if it was between a Win The Cup Bonus, Goal Bonus ie £££

or

Appeasing Rangers Fans who are only going to chant my name…..

Only small minded people with be thinking the latter!!

could you imagine having couldn’t be arsed against a rival team on your CV 

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I’ll putting a wee punt on Halliday for a goal on Saturday 

been here before
14 minutes ago, Larky_Jambo said:

I’ll putting a wee punt on Halliday for a goal on Saturday 

I'm doubling that up with a clean sheet for the Hungarian goalie.  🇭🇺

:munny:

Edited by been here before

14 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

We've never had a Hungarian goalkeeper in the time Naismith, Halliday or McCulloch have been at the club. Would you like to try again?

Czech  ?........Zlamal - look at his quotes after he left - without selective memory loss