John Souttar and Andy Haliday.

AlimOzturk

Dick Dastardly

Souttar and Halliday probably should have gone up to the fans and asked them to stop singing. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shooter McGavin

• been here before

• AlimOzturk

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

**** me. No one remember when we gave rudi a minute applause when he was with Utd 🤦🏻🤦🏻

Edited by ecky92

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Was sat in the roseburn stand today and had to listen to that shower of shite out sing us all. I can handle this because it is the way of away fans especially when then pricks have a Europa league final to go to and we essentially had a dead rubber game. 

However the way the cheered Halliday and Souttar on was particularly ****ing grating. Which should mean Haliday is banned from ever doing another rangers podcast and as a rule of one of our players signs a pre contract with one of the filth ever again they should not step foot in a hearts top again. 

Cup final is more important and you have to hope souttar wants to leave with a winners medal. I don’t want this situation ever arising again however. If they agree a contract with the filth against they never play for us again. 

44 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Halliday doing those podcasts and rangers interviews whilst a player for us is completely unprofessional. John Souttar signed a pre contract which was his decision however he should never have stepped foot on the park for us again imo. 

I agree with you that it was horrible having to listen to their fans cheering two of our players. I guess that's football banter. Still don't like it though.

I would have been happy enough if Rangers had paid a reasonable fee for Souttar in January but was glad the club refused to accept a low ball offer. Having kept him I think playing him was the right thing to do. If he scores the winner in the final it will be incredible. 

I have much more of an issue with Halliday. Not on the pitch where he has won me over and I dont doubt his commitment. But if I was the Hearts management I wouldn't let him do his Open Goal podcast and go on radio shows etc to talk about Rangers. It would be borderline OK if Hearts were in the Championship but we are direct rivals to Rangers. To me, it is disrespectful to Hearts that he spends so much time on these shows as a Rangers fanboy.

It doesn't sit well with me that he will be cheering Rangers on against Frankfurt and celebrating if they win, while at the same time preparing to play his heroes at Hampden. Despite the quality of his performances recently I find it hard to put him in my starting XI as a result.

I thought your Paul Hartley comparison was spot on. While at Hearts, players should be publicly all about Hearts. When they leave they can do what they want.

Annoyed me at the time as well, probably annoyed the majority of us if we’re honest but that’s one of my favourite parts of football. The shithousing between fans and the back and forth. 

Unlopular opinion on here I’ll bet, but I actually used to enjoy the back and forth between our fans and Griffiths. Guy got it tight and got it right up us whenever he could without being a wee bitch about it. (The rudi skacel chant not withstanding that is but then the guy is thick as mince) 

That’s football and it’s part of the fun. Don’t laugh at other people if you can’t laugh at yourself. 

Have another few drinks, drown the sorrows of a disappointing day and let’s hope that in a weeks time we’re laughing  our arses off that their newest signing has scored the winner against them in a cup final. 👌🏻

been here before
32 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We need to beat them next week and I swear all will be forgiven and I hope they get pumped balls deep in Seville as well. 

Bet theyre really worried now :rofl:

Thats given them something to aim for.

Batistuta87

Get a grip hahaha players can't do anything about opposition fans singing their names. Also Halliday doesn't do "Rangers" podcasts he does a general football podcast which discusses the weeks fixtures and taking points. Believe it or not that will include Rangers and actually he is very respectful when he talks about them, doesn't say "we" as some accuse him of, and he speaks very highly of Hearts. 

As for Souttar. We do what's best for the team and if that means playing him then we play him it's as simple as that.

Mind when Skacel played against us and we were singing his name???? Imagine Robbo  taking the touchline as a manager against us?? 

Grow up. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Percival King said:

Way way back in the '80s we want up to Dens. All the talk was we were going to sign Tosh McKinlay, which we did. He came on as a sub for Dundee and a got a great reception from the opposition fans (us) and was applauded as the game progressed. It was funny and no big deal, just like it was no big deal today. Should we stop applauding Robbo when he comes to Tynecastle as an employee of another club? It's all no big deal, for me, but I appreciate others feel differently.

I remember that day as well

Shooter McGavin
14 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I agree with you that it was horrible having to listen to their fans cheering two of our players. I guess that's football banter. Still don't like it though.

I would have been happy enough if Rangers had paid a reasonable fee for Souttar in January but was glad the club refused to accept a low ball offer. Having kept him I think playing him was the right thing to do. If he scores the winner in the final it will be incredible. 

I have much more of an issue with Halliday. Not on the pitch where he has won me over and I dont doubt his commitment. But if I was the Hearts management I wouldn't let him do his Open Goal podcast and go on radio shows etc to talk about Rangers. It would be borderline OK if Hearts were in the Championship but we are direct rivals to Rangers. To me, it is disrespectful to Hearts that he spends so much time on these shows as a Rangers fanboy.

It doesn't sit well with me that he will be cheering Rangers on against Frankfurt and celebrating if they win, while at the same time preparing to play his heroes at Hampden. Despite the quality of his performances recently I find it hard to put him in my starting XI as a result.

I thought your Paul Hartley comparison was spot on. While at Hearts, players should be publicly all about Hearts. When they leave they can do what they want.

So he’s won you over on the park, and you admit that he’s been playing well, but you wouldn’t play him because he talks about Rangers, amongst other clubs including us who he speaks very highly of, on a football podcast?

I don’t suspect you actually listen to him on the Open Goal podcast if you believe he’s a “Rangers fanboy” on them.

If he wasn’t performing well on the park, and the podcast appeared to be a distraction, I’d get it, but that isn’t the case at all.

Again, I think people just need to accept the fact that he’s a Rangers fan, but also a professional footballer who clearly gives his all for us on the park.

Shooter McGavin
28 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

**** me. No one remember when we gave rudi a minute applause when he was with Utd 🤦🏻🤦🏻

Unlike Halliday and Souttar, Rudi actually acknowledged the opposition fans (us).

I wonder if the same people were clamouring to call him unprofessional?

It was funny.

We'd have done the exact same if it was a rangers player coming to us next season and an ex hearts player coming on that we liked.

Lighten up mate

Hearts1975
42 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

He talks about Hearts a lot on Open Goal. From listening to him on it, he's very much focused on being a Hearts player and giving 100% while he is. 

100% correct 

The last podcast Kevin Kyle and si ferry said rangers would win the final. Even that idiot Sloan said the same 

Halliday said eintracht would win it - the only one that said it 

And he also said we are fully focussed on beating them next week and that we can, if we play to our strengths 

He isn't exactly trying to make a play to their hoardes when on these so called podcasts and he always speaks very very highly of hearts when on the show 

As long as he is 100% focussed and doing his best for us there is no real reason to get in a frazzle about it all 

Percival King
1 minute ago, Masonic said:

souttar should have stayed away for these last two games i dont know why robbies wanting him in 

Maybe he wants Hearts to win the cup.

AlimOzturk
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

Bet theyre really worried now :rofl:

Thats given them something to aim for.

Where you at the game today?

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, Masonic said:

souttar should have stayed away for these last two games i dont know why robbies wanting him in 

That's Robbie's call, not souttars. I'm as pissed off as anyone else about the circumstances that led to him signing with them, but he is a professional player, and If he is told to play, he won't stay away and go against club instruction 

He is our player and I would trust that Robbie wouldn't play him if he wasn't in the right head space. That doesn't seem to be the case and as he is one of our best defenders would rather have him play especially when u see who we would be replacing him for and next week 

been here before
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Where you at the game today?

I whas.

Although I missed the first Rangers goal as I was getting a pie. Therefore Im afraid I never noticed if Souttar or Halliday celebrated.

Does that help you in any way?

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

That's Robbie's call, not souttars. I'm as pissed off as anyone else about the circumstances that led to him signing with them, but he is a professional player, and If he is told to play, he won't stay away and go against club instruction 

He is our player and I would trust that Robbie wouldn't play him if he wasn't in the right head space. That doesn't seem to be the case and as he is one of our best defenders would rather have him play especially when u see who we would be replacing him for and next week 

im not convinced he will be fully fit plus we know for a fact hes not match sharp and we have done fine without him in recent times including the semi final and finally his record against rangers isnt upto much but it is what it is obv il  support the team no matter what but i dont see the point i cant he him being the difference tbh hope im wrong if he plays though

Perth to Paisley
1 hour ago, Percival King said:

Way way back in the '80s we want up to Dens. All the talk was we were going to sign Tosh McKinlay, which we did. He came on as a sub for Dundee and a got a great reception from the opposition fans (us) and was applauded as the game progressed. It was funny and no big deal, just like it was no big deal today. Should we stop applauding Robbo when he comes to Tynecastle as an employee of another club? It's all no big deal, for me, but I appreciate others feel differently.

Think I am correct in saying Tosh was subbed off for a Mr Kidd to come on ...3rf May 86

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’ve said this about Halliday in the past and got laughed at by the usual internet bullies on here

not acceptable for Halliday to be doing rangers podcasts etc while he is with us 

This in spades

Hearts1975
3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

im not convinced he will be fully fit plus we know for a fact hes not match sharp and we have done fine without him in recent times including the semi final and finally his record against rangers isnt upto much but it is what it is obv il  support the team no matter what but i dont see the point i cant he him being the difference tbh hope im wrong if he plays though

Hopefully we can start souttar, Kingsley and halks at the back and try and refrain from playing Sibbick or Moore. I'm more worried about halks in the sense of him coming back too quickly than souttar tbh but we will see 

Bottom line is that we don't get to see training, or talk to the players so we have to trust the decision making on who plays and who doesnt to the coaching staff 

Worthing Jambo
41 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Annoyed me at the time as well, probably annoyed the majority of us if we’re honest but that’s one of my favourite parts of football. The shithousing between fans and the back and forth. 

Unlopular opinion on here I’ll bet, but I actually used to enjoy the back and forth between our fans and Griffiths. Guy got it tight and got it right up us whenever he could without being a wee bitch about it. (The rudi skacel chant not withstanding that is but then the guy is thick as mince) 

That’s football and it’s part of the fun. Don’t laugh at other people if you can’t laugh at yourself. 

Have another few drinks, drown the sorrows of a disappointing day and let’s hope that in a weeks time we’re laughing  our arses off that their newest signing has scored the winner against them in a cup final. 👌🏻

You have just summed up what football should be about👍

Gorgieshed

Andy Halliday does a the Open Goal podcast and IMO he is very good at it. He is always professional on and off the park. He is a Rangers fan but plays professionally for us and gives his all regardless of what people think of his ability. For me, u can't ask for much more.

As for Souttar, he wouldn't have kicked a ball again for Hearts as soon as he signed for them. That's my opinion but I can see the other side of that argument to. He has been professional when he has played and I'd like to hope come next week would be no different. 

Hi you lot , had to work today ,sad days when you have to listen on the radio 🤮

after reading all of the above ,did Souttar play well? Play well for us? Heart in it? 
I thought Robbie would’ve known the best way forward for the final? 
I sort of had a doubt about Hallidays application at the start for us but he won me around with some decent performances, play him in the final ? I still don’t know ?

Souttar ? Fit ? Personally,I’d love more choice but Robbie has his and I hope he was giving our old best defender a cheerio today in front of us 🤞🏻

We applauded Rudi because he is a footballing God in Gorgie. Sevco sang Halliday’s name because he’s a staunch cheerleader. 

It was patronising for the player more than anything. If he was any good and posed a threat to them they wouldn’t do that. The fact is he’s pretty shit but a gid Rangers laddie so we’ll give him a cheer.

been here before
1 minute ago, maggieb said:

after reading all of the above ,did Souttar play well? Play well for us? Heart in it? 
I sort of had a doubt about Hallidays application at the start for us but he won me around with some decent performances, play him in the final ? I still don’t know ?

Souttar ? Fit ? Personally,I’d love more choice but Robbie has his and I hope he was giving our old best defender a cheerio today in front of us 🤞🏻

Souttar done well for the short time he was on. Couple of decent interceptions and one great long crossfield pass.

If available Id go with both him and Halliday although both obviously lacking match sharpness.

2 minutes ago, maggieb said:

I’d have him watching it in the hoose. GMS can order the Just Eat and Sibbick can bring the cans.

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, Cynic said:

This in spades

It was established that it’s not a Rangers podcast about 15 posts ago mate.

tynietigers

Right so Halliday does Rangers podcasts 😳 can somebody post one please 👍🏻 as I know he does podcast ☺️ Every time I have spoken to him or just listening to him in the Gorgie in match days, Hearts is his bread and butter and he is very honest in the fact he want to successful at Hearts 👍🏻

Edited by tynietigers

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

They discuss every game that happened that weekend mate, and discuss every team, not just Rangers.

But it's definitely a Rangers podcast, let's face it Si Ferry, Paul Slane, Frank McAvennie are all die hard huns, even thought they tried to disguise it by playing for Celtic.  They're not fooling me though.

JamboNation

TBH I don't care what they sing it's up to us to make the atmosphere at Tynecastle .....regardless of the second half display that was a rank failure !  It  can't of sickened folk that much as it didn't drive anyone in our support to break the silence today !

Edited by JamboNation

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’ve said this about Halliday in the past and got laughed at by the usual internet bullies on here

not acceptable for Halliday to be doing rangers podcasts etc while he is with us 

What Rangers podcasts does he do?

Hearts1975
55 minutes ago, RobNox said:

But it's definitely a Rangers podcast, let's face it Si Ferry, Paul Slane, Frank McAvennie are all die hard huns, even thought they tried to disguise it by playing for Celtic.  They're not fooling me though.

🤣

jamtartan74
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Was sat in the roseburn stand today and had to listen to that shower of shite out sing us all. I can handle this because it is the way of away fans especially when then pricks have a Europa league final to go to and we essentially had a dead rubber game. 

However the way the cheered Halliday and Souttar on was particularly ****ing grating. Which should mean Haliday is banned from ever doing another rangers podcast and as a rule of one of our players signs a pre contract with one of the filth ever again they should not step foot in a hearts top again. 

Cup final is more important and you have to hope souttar wants to leave with a winners medal. I don’t want this situation ever arising again however. If they agree a contract with the filth against they never play for us again. 

Grow up u melt. It’s no secret Halliday is a hun, what can we do to stop the team he supports cheer him on? I take it u had the same attitude when Rudi returned for his Dundee United team, the one we all roundly applauded on the 51st minute? Nah didn’t think so 🙄 get a grip. And Souttar? Meh!! Move on. 

jamtartan74

And as for the podcasts u are referring to, he gives nothing but praise for us abd tries to deflect the obvious provocation from the others on it, he also does Clyde super scoreboard on a Monday which he again gives us every mention and tries to steer away from the Rangers stuff, which his fellow pundits try goading go into, for that I think he deserves a bit more respect than you give him. 

Edited by jamtartan74

If you really want to point the finger of blame, then direct it towards the players who played the majority of the game and did they're absolute best to send Rangers off to Spain with a going away party.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Is it any different to us cheering Rudi when he played for Utd?

It's the same and it is funny as **** when you are not on the receiving end.

Rangers done well, ripped the complete piss out of us on and of the park today.

Will make next week all the sweeter.

Silvery_Moon
3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

100% correct 

The last podcast Kevin Kyle and si ferry said rangers would win the final. Even that idiot Sloan said the same 

Halliday said eintracht would win it - the only one that said it 

And he also said we are fully focussed on beating them next week and that we can, if we play to our strengths 

He isn't exactly trying to make a play to their hoardes when on these so called podcasts and he always speaks very very highly of hearts when on the show 

As long as he is 100% focussed and doing his best for us there is no real reason to get in a frazzle about it all 

:spoton:

Hearts have been getting a lot of coverage on it.

Kevin Kyle is great on it too. Both speak well of Hearts.

iwasthere1954
6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Must admit I did sit there thinking 'wondering if Halliday has said he's off to Seville'...

Is he? 

🤣

Hey Robbie, you got any problems with me going to Sevile for a few days. No  probs Andy. Just come back when you want.🤣🤣🤣

Gary locke used to be in our end all the time when at killie and not playing.  I seen Ross callaghan was in our end at the semi v hibs. Players support a team doesn't bother me. 

Them cheering and singing is all part of football and the banter that comes with it. 

Both players are professional footballers and I've no doubt when they cross the line next week they will be 100% committed to winning the Cup for hearts. 

BangkokHearts
10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

If they agree a contract with the filth against they never play for us again. 

This is where I am with this.

Ridiculous that he is still even being considered to play seeing as his head and heart are elsewhere. 

Should have been benched as soon as the news broke and never played again.

RustyRightPeg

Why wasn’t this thread made after Halliday scored a double against Hibs?

Get over the fact he’s a rangers fan. This thread is embarrassing.

12 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If someone signs a pre-contract with them or anyone else, whether they continue to get picked for us should depend entirely on whether the manager feels they're still training properly, focused and committed in games, and better than the alternatives available, or not.

Whether the other team's fans might sing something about them at Tynecastle that upsets some of our more sensitive supporters shouldn't factor into it in any way whatsoever. 

Spot on, who cares who they sing about. We’ve done it when we came up against Rudi, Gowser etc

1 hour ago, BangkokHearts said:

This is where I am with this.

Ridiculous that he is still even being considered to play seeing as his head and heart are elsewhere. 

Should have been benched as soon as the news broke and never played again.

This despite the fact that he’s was doing very well for us before he got crocked again?

6 hours ago, Samsza said:

There sadly only seems to be a minority not wanting Hearts to have any association with rangers 

How exactly does any of this mean we have an ‘association’ with them?