***** Official Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers Scottish Cup Final 2022 Match Thread *****

Jambos_1874

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Och ... decided to add a 'Save the Children' and a cool 3rd top ... 

I'll leave it at that. 😄

Screenshot_20220517-032419_Gallery.jpg

I like it 👍

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Don Dan

• Riccarton3

• Harry Potter

Uncle Buck
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Who against do you know?

Dundee Utd I believe.

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Oops!!! I Forgot about my 'lucky' Savile Rougue Cashmere Hearts Scarf as worn to the 2012 Semi-Final v Celtic ... and the Final v H1b5

I do not believe in fate, but ...

Screenshot_20220517-030656_Gallery.jpg

Nice cut out of two legends there! Especially the one holding the cup!! :yas: 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Absolute nonsense, Still many in the team playing for Rangers that played in that match, 

You could argue rangers should really have 3 titles they have blew 2.

Are you now saying we can't press /play on a longer pitch 😂

I'm not saying whatsoever that if we press them we will automatically win, what I'm suggesting is any time we have success is when we press them, we match them all over the pitch we follow runners, and we attack them. 

That's what those vids show 👍

Certainly won't get anywhere by waving the white flag and say cmon Rangers, bring it to us while we soak up all the pressure. 

There's a way to lose a football match and it's not with retreating 👍

You can't believe that pish. 

We won in Glasgow in 98 and 2012 by doing exactly what you say we can't do. 

As you're typing it, you must realise it's just not true despite how much you want it to be true. 

Your pressing tactics aren't a secret, you haven't uncovered a miracle tactic. 

The glaring thing  omited in your "analysis" is the fact that Rangers can also press, run and attack us. 

Something the " if we think we can win" , "attack", "press high", " run about" Brigade always forget about - there is another team. 

It's a small point but worth a consideration. 

90 minutes of trying to press rangers at Hampden, ffs. 

I'd say way too much football manager but I think if you played football manager you might get an education 

jambopilms
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Absolute nonsense, Still many in the team playing for Rangers that played in that match, 

You could argue rangers should really have 3 titles they have blew 2.

Are you now saying we can't press /play on a longer pitch 😂

I'm not saying whatsoever that if we press them we will automatically win, what I'm suggesting is any time we have success is when we press them, we match them all over the pitch we follow runners, and we attack them. 

That's what those vids show 👍

Certainly won't get anywhere by waving the white flag and say cmon Rangers, bring it to us while we soak up all the pressure. 

There's a way to lose a football match and it's not with retreating 👍

Not pressing for 90 mins does not equal retreating. 

You might have missed it since you have been quiet for a couple of months (I wonder why) but our squad has been ravaged by injuries. The there is not many players who have managed 90mins lately, nevermind being able to press/ go for it for 90 mins. They will be ****ed in 30 mins and we will end up making subs before half time for injuries.

So the chances of us being able to press all over the park like you want is unlikely, but you know that already. You are just setting yourself up for a rant.

And just because your pal Daniel Stendel beat Rangers a couple of times doesn't mean he would be better for the job of winning the cup because if he was manager we would have been beaten by St Mirren or Livi at home in earlier rounds.

Edited by jambopilms

Seaside Dave

Can they leave tickets at Hampden for boys who's tickets are in a post office in England and not in northern Ireland despite being sent for delivery last Thursday

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Can they leave tickets at Hampden for boys who's tickets are in a post office in England and not in northern Ireland despite being sent for delivery last Thursday

If you email the ticket office they should be able to reprint at Hampden. 

20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thought this was going to be a post about being asked to behave ourselves

same 😂

Few club legends need to make a spoof ahead of Saturday. Get Robbo and Rudi on the phone

Bob Loblaw
37 minutes ago, Rods said:

Is the Halkett getting injured in a bounce game just a fairytale or is it true? 

No info, but I'll guess nonsense. Probably someone starting a rumour once we made it public we were having a bounce game.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, R1874 said:

same 😂

Few club legends need to make a spoof ahead of Saturday. Get Robbo and Rudi on the phone

:lol:

Might have to wait and see what happens first, knowing them any such thing would end up being in bad taste!

AC Mallin_51

End of the day this is a final and if the last few years taught me anything it’s expect the unexpected. I remember when the lineup for the 2019 final was announced. I literally felt any optimism vanish, we were very very unlucky that day against a side who’d spent the previous 3 years sweeping up everything. 2020 was even closer, a division below and 2-0 down at halftime and we came within touching distance. We shouldn’t have got near Celtic in either of those finals and we have a better side this time around than they said finals. I really feel like anything can happen on Saturday 

Exactly what I thought.

Don't let the heady combo of Tennants, pies and drizzle go to your heads, lads.

43 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

No info, but I'll guess nonsense. Probably someone starting a rumour once we made it public we were having a bounce game.

Hope so

I consider my source quite reliable. 

Bongo 1874
10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You can't believe that pish. 

We won in Glasgow in 98 and 2012 by doing exactly what you say we can't do. 

As you're typing it, you must realise it's just not true despite how much you want it to be true. 

Your pressing tactics aren't a secret, you haven't uncovered a miracle tactic. 

The glaring thing  omited in your "analysis" is the fact that Rangers can also press, run and attack us. 

Something the " if we think we can win" , "attack", "press high", " run about" Brigade always forget about - there is another team. 

It's a small point but worth a consideration. 

90 minutes of trying to press rangers at Hampden, ffs. 

I'd say way too much football manager but I think if you played football manager you might get an education 

😂😂 This is not 96 or 98 or 2012, 2022 yes 👍 Rangers and Celtic can be beaten if you get / go at them 👍

Anyway let's see what Hearts / Robbie do. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂😂 This is not 96 or 98 or 2012, 2022 yes 👍 Rangers and Celtic can be beaten if you get / go at them 👍

Anyway let's see what Hearts / Robbie do. 

The principle hasn't changed on how to beat a better team away from home. 

"go at them" 

😂😂😂

What if they "go at us"? 

What happens then? 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Not pressing for 90 mins does not equal retreating. 

You might have missed it since you have been quiet for a couple of months (I wonder why) but our squad has been ravaged by injuries. The there is not many players who have managed 90mins lately, nevermind being able to press/ go for it for 90 mins. They will be ****ed in 30 mins and we will end up making subs before half time for injuries.

So the chances of us being able to press all over the park like you want is unlikely, but you know that already. You are just setting yourself up for a rant.

And just because your pal Daniel Stendel beat Rangers a couple of times doesn't mean he would be better for the job of winning the cup because if he was manager we would have been beaten by St Mirren or Livi at home in earlier rounds.

It's exactly what he doing, setting himself up for a summer of " if we only pressed" them or "had a go". 

It's not even subtle anymore. 

Stendel also seen us pumped at parkhead 5-0 by pressing. 

The way we set up at Tynecastle v the OF isn't the same way for an away game. 

He must be at it. 

Thank ****ing god Neilson has nearly a full team to choose from. Fitness issues with Boyce and Smith are frustrating, but hopefully not major (more so with Boyce I mean, Smith didn't look good, but might be a good option from the bench). 

Big question seems to be Halliday or Devlin in at CM, and if we decide to go Devlin in the middle, do we play Halliday or Cochrane at LWB. Very difficult. 

I'm not going into this with much hope, but Robbies tasted defeat at Hampeden, a lot of the boys have and know how painful cup final defeat is. Hopefully that feeling spurs them on. 

I do think we need the huns to win in Europe though. I don't see them losing twice in a week. Who knows though? 

Watt-Zeefuik
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The principle hasn't changed on how to beat a better team away from home. 

"go at them" 

😂😂😂

What if they "go at us"? 

What happens then? 

I really want Bongo and others to go serve as special football advisors to Rangers and Celtic. I'm sure their boards will be absolutely ecstatic to learn that they can trouser all of the prize money, and that they can compete in Europe just by "having a go." If they "just get their minds right" they have no need to spend big transfer fees to get in players. They can just go sign, I dunno, the entirety of Raith and Dunfermline's squads, and sit them down for a few months and give them a good lesson on "having a go" and "not being afraid."

He could make an absolute fortune on consulting fees, given how much money they'd save. Next he needs to go talk to Pep and Klopp about how much they could save and still be English champions. His consulting returns could be astronomical.

Edited by Led Tasso

There is room for Halliday and Devlin in the starting team

CG

Atkinson Souttar Kingley Cochrane

Devlin Haring

Macky Boyce Halliday

Simms

Will be the starting line up I reckon. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

There is room for Halliday and Devlin in the starting team

CG

Atkinson Souttar Kingley Cochrane

Devlin Haring

Macky Boyce Halliday

Simms

Will be the starting line up I reckon. 

No Halkett?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Part of the point in the bounce game was to test the injured players out and see if they were ready for Saturday.

If Halkett has had a set back it’s better it happened today rather than 20 minutes into the game at the weekend.

joondalupjambo
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Part of the point in the bounce game was to test the injured players out and see if they were ready for Saturday.

If Halkett has had a set back it’s better it happened today rather than 20 minutes into the game at the weekend.

Is the correct answer.

Total disruption on Saturday would be avoided.  We need a team to start and play solid for at least an hour before we make any changes I think.

Oh and for me also Halliday from the start given his attitude, recent performances and experience.

22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Doesn't count. He'd only been allowed to bring in Marcel Langer.

Now imagine what the score could have been if he'd been allowed to raid the German 4th division for a whole XI of pressing Langers.

Die pressing Langers ………… that a bout sums it up actually 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Now imagine what the score could have been if he'd been allowed to raid the German 4th division for a whole XI of pressing Langers.

The worse thing is I liked Stendel, but because of a certain poster I'm beginning to hate the poor guy. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I really want Bongo and others to go serve as special football advisors to Rangers and Celtic. I'm sure their boards will be absolutely ecstatic to learn that they can trouser all of the prize money, and that they can compete in Europe just by "having a go." If they "just get their minds right" they have no need to spend big transfer fees to get in players. They can just go sign, I dunno, the entirety of Raith and Dunfermline's squads, and sit them down for a few months and give them a good lesson on "having a go" and "not being afraid."

He could make an absolute fortune on consulting fees, given how much money they'd save. Next he needs to go talk to Pep and Klopp about how much they could save and still be English champions. His consulting returns could be astronomical.

Aye, it's amazing he's not been head hunted with such revolutionary tactics. 

KyleLafferty

If fit it should be 

Gordon

souttar halks Kingsley

natty haring cammy Halliday Cochrane

mckay

Simms 

Anyone know if Hearts are going to one of these training resort places for the build up or are they sticking to Riccarton?

21 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Unfortunately when gets in behind he suddenly thinks he is playing rugby. High and wide shots at goal or crosses. Not sure what they are most times. 

I really don't rate Gino's composure in big moments. His pace is dangerous, but I think if he's given too much time to think on the ball he'll end up doing the wrong thing. 

Need Boyce to be ready really badly. 

copa-mundial
10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Anyone know if Hearts are going to one of these training resort places for the build up or are they sticking to Riccarton?

Robbie said last night at the big Hearts gig, that they're staying at home. 

Had the bounce game today. Day off Wednesday. Then training the rest of the week at Tynecastle. 

Let's the players know their surroundings. Be with their families. Sleep in their own bed. 

Edited by copa-mundial

19 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If fit it should be 

Gordon

souttar halks Kingsley

mckay

Simms 

That would be my starting 11. Definitely need 3 in midfield 

32 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If fit it should be 

Gordon

souttar halks Kingsley

mckay

Simms 

My team as well.  Boyce hasn't done enough recently to start even if he's fit.  Could make a big impact off the bench if Rangers are tiring towards the end.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

No Halkett?

Being told he is injured again( happend in the bounce match) 

Halkett for Souttar if he was taken off as a precaution. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Die pressing Langers ………… that a bout sums it up actually 

Die? Bit strong is it not, reconsider your post

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

My team as well.  Boyce hasn't done enough recently to start even if he's fit.  Could make a big impact off the bench if Rangers are tiring towards the end.

As could Ginelly. :icon14:

That team looks decent, if going for an initially cautious line-up. However, the onus would have to be on Atkinson and Cochrane to get forward to support and provide service to the front two, but only Natty is really suited to that role. A tricky one...  :ermm:

Anyway... 'Mon the Hearts!!!  :flag2:

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Suppose that's what you have to do when levein spunked the budget on Berra, Whelan, Damour 😂😂🎣

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Are you suggesting teams that are inferior to Man City or Liverpool can't press because they aren't as wealthy as them 😂😂

Sorry Newcastle vs Arsenal last night? Arsenal on paper far better quality player's, how did Newcastle beat them by retaining possession and pressing the life out of them. 

Swindon Town, Leeds, Brentford, Bödo glimt all teams that aren't Man City or Liverpool, but they have adopted a press a wonder why 🙄🤔

And Rangers board will do exactly that in the summer with Souttar £10mil price tag slapped on his head, what did we get for him centre of a doughnut. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Armageddon
17 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Och ... decided to add a 'Save the Children' and a cool 3rd top ... 

I'll leave it at that. 😄

Screenshot_20220517-032419_Gallery.jpg

Framed picture of the Queen there ya cheeky scamp?!

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you suggesting teams that are inferior to Man City or Liverpool can't press because they aren't as wealthy as them 😂😂

Sorry Newcastle vs Arsenal last night? Arsenal on paper far better quality player's, how did Newcastle beat them by retaining possession and pressing the life out of them. 

Swindon Town, Leeds, Brentford, Bödo glimt all teams that aren't Man City or Liverpool, but they have adopted a press a wonder why 🙄🤔

And Rangers board will do exactly that in the summer with Souttar £10mil price tag slapped on his head, what did we get for him centre of a doughnut. 

It still takes a certain standard/style of player. I do think we need to be more positive in our pressing come Saturday, but it can’t and won’t be high up the pitch or for most of the game.  

We haven't got the legs.  We need to be smart and braver when we can.  

If we had Beni and Devlin fully fit we’d certainly be looking to shut them down quicker, but Haring and Halliday don’t have the legs to get back into position quickly if caught up the park or generally work across the park at pace and with bags of stamina.  It’s not going to happen. 

We need to be a strong outfield 10 and help each other as much as possible, reading the game, being alert. 

Edited by Debut 4

jambopilms
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The point is Bongo is that you have just decided that the only way to win is by pressing, in fact you are coming across as if you press you will win. The Stendel press failed spectacularly against the likes of St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

You point out a few teams and few examples of it working, what about all the absolute spankings some have taken by pressing better quality teams. It must be around 90% getting beat 10% success. So please give us all a rest and stop making out your genius idea of pressing is instant success.

👍🤔🙄👍😃👍🙄

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The point is Bongo is that you have just decided that the only way to win is by pressing, in fact you are coming across as if you press you will win. The Stendel press failed spectacularly against the likes of St Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

You point out a few teams and few examples of it working, what about all the absolute spankings some have taken by pressing better quality teams. It must be around 90% getting beat 10% success. So please give us all a rest and stop making out your genius idea of pressing is instant success.

👍🤔🙄👍😃👍🙄

Leeds United?

Seaside Dave
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If you email the ticket office they should be able to reprint at Hampden. 

Thank you. I emailed at 4.40pm tbh I wouldn't reply to that either If I was finishing at 5 😂😂 hopefully pick it up with the boss in the morning