***** Official Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers Scottish Cup Final 2022 Match Thread *****

Jambos_1874

Just now, PaddysBar said:

The players will be. They’ll try to pretend they’re not but they will be down. 

We score first or at least keep it tight for say the first half and we’ve got a big chance. 

On the other hand they could pump us😆

That’s my worry. Don’t poke the wounded animal and all that. I do have a good feeling for tomorrow though. Just hope it plays out!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Don Dan

• Riccarton3

• Harry Potter

Just now, D4nny_ said:

That’s my worry. Don’t poke the wounded animal and all that. I do have a good feeling for tomorrow though. Just hope it plays out!

There will be 23 or 24 thousand Hearts fans belting out songs and encouragement/ twirlies tomorrow.  **** the huns, let’s be up for this and see what happens. ♥️

Got a single ticket in G7 looking for a swap for a single near F1 if poss so can sit with the family.. anyone interested let me know 

No matter what happens tomorrow we can't lose sight of how far we have come, how good a season this has been and remember that we have some way to go...

That said, let's get tore into the manky ar##holes and wright a magical page in the history books 

3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

There will be 23 or 24 thousand Hearts fans belting out songs and encouragement/ twirlies tomorrow.  **** the huns, let’s be up for this and see what happens. ♥️

I like this ♥️♥️

CloustonHMFC
10 hours ago, jambo89 said:

As above, I'm not in the UK and iPlayer doesn't really like VPN's. Wasn't sure if Premier sports would be streaming it for free or if that was even an option

It’s on Hearts TV. £13 and you don’t need to worry about dodgy streams. 

On 19/05/2022 at 15:47, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And what relevance has this got?

I thought he was being relatively polite. 

Instead of the West Indies Cricket Team, he could have said the Cambridge University Netball Team. 

Posted on The Pre Match Thread - 

have a ticket available for the South Stand Lower Section - 14 Row U Seat 0070 - Face Value £40 - Collection from my home address in Midlothian. PM me if anybody is interested. 

New Town Loafer

Head: 2-1 Huns

Heart: 2-1 Hearts

Absolutely essential that we score first. Score first and I think we win.

15 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

I like this ♥️♥️

👍 let’s just do our bit to help the players do theirs. 

colinmorewasgash

Let's do this, stick it up Sfa. Who presents trophy to us should we win. Is it Rod? Make as much noise as we can. Even if we lose a goal they will need our support get behind them. We know sevco fans will go quiet if they don't score a few early.  Mclaughlin starting,  Barisic out that's blow I don't rate him. We know we will get nothing from the officials as they will be scared of upsetting orcs. Karma has been good last 2 seasons with diddy clubs and loudmouth owners getting relegated or struggling on pitch.

Winning this would be icing on cake.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Bit disappointing IMO - a weak link, relatively speaking.

2 hours ago, the general said:

Tynie Arms buzzing just now

English Norn Ireland guys in and plus folk picking up tickets etc

Huns?

29 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I hope Bassey is put out to left back.

Agreed although it strengthens them in a position which was one of their week spots. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

I hope RN hasn’t got it in his head to wait til late on before hitting Rangers more positively. (Regards the fatigue aspect).

We need to test those legs early.  We need to be brave enough to close down smartly and not fear conceding space behind.  

Also, and just as important. Bottle in possession.  Help each other, be on offer to take the ball. No hiding.  

Our craftsmen need to be in this every minute. 

The Treasurer

Having watched JJ on STV news we should get him in to have a word with the squad, he knows what it takes to win this cup and what it means 

55 minutes ago, OTT said:

I would imagine it will be full maroon?

I don't know, we are the away team, last time we played Rangers in Cap Final as away team we wore 2nd strip

tiger Rudi

Gordon

Souttar    Halkett  Kingsley                                                                      Haring

Devlin   Halliday

Atkinson                           McKay                                     Ginnelly  Simms 

Preferred team 3.5.2

Changes? Boyce/Cochrane/Woodburn ready when needed. Would start with Ginnelly, just hoping we can get their defence turning utilising  his pace in behind and Simms strength holding it up, with Halliday & McKay supporting. That's it sorted, will be easy really 😉

Edited by tiger Rudi

Put in for tomorrow at off, didnt get it...

Thought I'd miss it but start at 0430, 10 hour shift, might just make it to Morrisons for beer and get home in time for kick off...

🤞🤞🤞

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Having watched JJ on STV news we should get him in to have a word with the squad, he knows what it takes to win this cup and what it means 

They're doing Hearts Hospitality tomorrow at the two hotels. Hopefully a quick word with them on arrival at the stadium in run-up to ko. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, suds66 said:

Posted on The Pre Match Thread - 

have a ticket available for the South Stand Lower Section - 14 Row U Seat 0070 - Face Value £40 - Collection from my home address in Midlothian. PM me if anybody is interested. 

Ticket taken.

4 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Just back from my local, village in East Neuk, Rangers "fans" in abundance, two just back from Sevilla, all telling me we have no chance.  I know them all.  They all know I am ST holder, and going to the game and so asked them who had been at Ibrox this season.  Not one of them, not one even including the two who were in Spain have never been to over the threshold this season.  Glory hunting bassas to a man.  Probably never been out of Fife.

We have taken 1 point from 12 against them which isn’t great 

Massive underdogs we are but you never know 

I had a feeling in 98 but I don’t have it this time 

Hopefully it goes the distance but he doesn’t usually get it right v old firm so not expecting much 

I feel nervous.  I haven't for the last 2 finals as in my Heart of Hearts I knew it just wasn't going to happen. Although it almost did. This time.... I feel it could. Yes it might end up another 96 but it nice to feel nervous and excited.

Nerves are really kicking in.  No ticket for 1998 or 2012 so only seen cup winners against Gretna. Hated that game due to the pressure and the penalties so was more relief when we won. Won’t sleep

tonight 

Fozzyonthefence
35 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

We have taken 1 point from 12 against them which isn’t great 

Massive underdogs we are but you never know 

I had a feeling in 98 but I don’t have it this time 

Hopefully it goes the distance but he doesn’t usually get it right v old firm so not expecting much 

Didn’t we only take 1 point out of 12 in 98 too?  Although little between the teams in the league (5 points), so we weren’t as huge underdogs then admittedly. 

Just remember...

THEY LET THEIR CLUB DIE!!!

COME ON THE HEARTS!!!

Night all. Our dreams come true tomorrow! 

*hopefully

😁

SwindonJambo
55 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Didn’t we only take 1 point out of 12 in 98 too?  Although little between the teams in the league (5 points), so we weren’t as huge underdogs then admittedly. 

We were in contention right up to early April then fell away horribly. It was our poor league form v the OF which cost us. 3 draws and 5 defeats. Rangers also skudded us 3-0 at Tynie a few weeks before. I day tripped up from Crewe for the game expecting nothing and we were under the hammer for most of it. An incredible stat I read was that we had 4 shots on goal to their 26. I was a mess at the end. I've traveled up and I'll be there tomorrow. I'm quite relaxed about it tbh, but I'll be singing my head off when the whistle goes. Wednesday night's exertions and outcome for the oppo are the best prep we could wish for. Just hope we have enough players fit. 

Psychedelicropcircle

I was 41 when we won the cup. I’m 51 today so does that mean we’re winning tomorrow?

1 hour ago, The Merse said:

Anyone know whether it’d be possible to upgrade a concession ticket to an adult one tomorrow!? 

No one checks the ticket just use it.

Aussie Jambo

Had to go through my old photo album  to find this wee beauty. What a few days that was. 

B98B4EE4-CB5D-49E6-8304-7D1F75F4C7D6.jpeg

Tasavallan

Sheesh! The BBC are rolling out anybody with however flimsy a connection to OldCo or NewCo to give their 2p worth.

I suspect even those pundits with a Hearts connection will have played for the Huns.

luckyBatistuta

Just home from work, not much sleep for moi, going to be a messy day, but it will be worth it

🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🏆🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

:flag1:

:flag2:

:flagwave:

oh, and of course…

lets not forget…

:fth:

5 minutes ago, Hmfcno.1 said:

I’m not gonna get to sleep 😳probably gonna get no sleep 

No sleep for me ,I’m on holiday that was booked two and a half year ago and floating around in the middle of the pacific 🥴, the game is at 6am here so getting drunk tonight and sitting up to hopefully watch it on a stream, I’m buzzing can’t stop singing our song in my head , C’mon on the Hearts🤞FTH.

Cant sleep. Heading through early and going with my three adult kids. Win or lose we will do it together. Proud Jambo dad.❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I don't like tempting fate so I won't, but for some strange reason I  have got a good feeling about today. Mon the Hearts! :flag1:

10 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

It’s on Hearts TV. £13 and you don’t need to worry about dodgy streams. 

I did wonder of this is the case. is this for international subscrobers only though. Although I'm working abroad, I live in the UK and have UK bank account. Will investigate further as would prefer this option (more money to the club)