***** Official Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers Scottish Cup Final 2022 Match Thread *****

Jambos_1874

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Don Dan

• Riccarton3

• Harry Potter

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Ked said:

All going to plan .

Whatever the result that's a gruelling 120 minutes.

Hopefully just a few injuries too now

rangers do look good though 

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hopefully just a few injuries too now

rangers do look good though 

Strange, given the number of points they finished above us. 

Jambo 4 Ever
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Strange, given the number of points they finished above us. 

Mr sarcastic 😂

Jambos_1874

That has got to massively hurt the Huns. Hopefully they are absolutely deflated on Saturday. It would be absolutely brilliant to see them win zero trophies this season and the JTs going up to lift the cup!!!

Edited by Jambos_1874

Perfect result for us

their fans will be gutted

players too

Guys like Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Goldson will have their heads turned 

Into them from the first whistle. We can win it in first half - DO NOT LET THEM SETTLE 

colinmaroon
On 14/05/2022 at 23:47, Kiwidoug said:

The Scottish Cup final is a festival event like no other in our game.  It is a marquee occasion broadcast to the world.  Even here in NZ thank goodness.  Oldest trophy worldwide in professional football.

Anything can happen and we should all enjoy it.  We've got a good team.  We can win.

The world won't end if we don't.  

Much as it hurts me, the FA Cup Final was 2 years earlier.

Pasquale for King
Just now, R1874 said:

Perfect result for us

their fans will be gutted

players too

Guys like Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Goldson will have their heads turned 

Into them from the first whistle. We can win it in first half - DO NOT LET THEM SETTLE 

Spot on 👍🏽

:yas: :yas::yas:

Get it right up all ascociated with Rangers FC! Now lets make their season trophyless! mon the Jambos!

colinmorewasgash
Just now, colinmorewasgash said:

Worth Every Penny 

There's only one Aaron Ramsey.

skysports-aaron-ramsey-rangers_5658709.jpg

150 years my arse  Lets all laugh at Sevco haha haha. Poor chuck adam kenny miller sally alex rae  jim white all gutted. They only spent 13m how can they cope with big boys boohoo. Happy 10th Birthday.

Oh baby do you know what it's worth
Aaron Ramsay is the worst on earth
The s***** Welshman, he's a waste of space
He's gone and lost you the Europa League
He's gone and lost you the Europa League

4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

:yas: :yas::yas:

Get it right up all ascociated with Rangers FC! Now lets make their season trophyless! mon the Jambos!

Now we’re facing a wounded animal with their final shot at silverware this season. No doubt they’ll be looking for a reaction too. 

Absolutely nothing to gloat about, our job just got a gazillion times harder. When was the last time they lost twice in a week?

King prawn
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Now we’re facing a wounded animal with their final shot at silverware this season. No doubt they’ll be looking for a reaction too. 

Absolutely nothing to gloat about, our job just got a gazillion times harder. When was the last time they lost twice in a week?

April - 1 month ago

14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Everyone wear maroon please 😎🙂

White surely. Give them flashbacks 😉

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

My arse 

Absolute Scenes

I know I’m a broken record. Toby Sibbick cannot start the final. Strongest defence possible. Atkinson, Halkett, Souttar, Kingsley, Cochrane/Halliday. Then he come on last ten minutes 

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

So you wanted them to win?

Pasquale for King

Aaron Ramsey, Aaron Ramsey,  could’ve  won the cup, but he ****ed it up, Aaron Ramsey 😆

Rick Sanchez

If Bassey is moved out to left back we need to attack down the left at Tavernier. Save Ginnelly for later in the game to run at Bassey.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So you wanted them to win?

I wanted us to have the best chance of winning on Saturday. We’ve seen this story enough times, OF get beat then god help the poor ***** to play them next. 

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Hopefully der Hun don't put out the young lads again

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If Bassey is moved out to left back we need to attack down the left at Tavernier. Save Ginnelly for later in the game to run at Bassey.

Why would bassey go left?

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why would bassey go left?

If Barisic doesn't make it. He's originally a left back, he slotted in earlier.

heartsfc_fan

Can see them making a few changes. McLaughlin, Roofe, Balogun, the young lad Lowry and Ramsey (to try and make up for his fluff of a penalty this evening).

We need to be on it. No silly mistakes. Save Ginnelly for the second half.

colinmorewasgash

Miracles do happen. Its there last chance to win anything this season just like 98 and they didn't have 120 minute final beforehand that day. Anyone who doesn't believe should sell ticket or stay in house. We may get pumped 5-0 we may lose a close game thats way it goes but can you Imagine the Orcs if we won it would be brilliant to see the fattest fans in world in tears again . They would want rid of Gio after game. Our defence worries me but we have nothing to lose the weegia all expect them to hump us anyway. FTR OR SEVCO.

20 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I know I’m a broken record. Toby Sibbick cannot start the final. Strongest defence possible. Atkinson, Halkett, Souttar, Kingsley, Cochrane/Halliday. Then he come on last ten minutes 

I wouldn’t play Atkinson he is our weak link. Sibbick would be fine besides Halkett in the middle with Souttar and Kingsley either side.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If we don’t fire a few crosses in from

our left along the 6 yard box on Saturday i’ll

go daft.

Rangers have lost at least 3 key goals in important games with that sort of cross and the striker running across the second defender.

You don’t need numbers in the box - tonight when EF scored they had one guy in the box.

Rangers don’t have time to sort that out before Saturday.

Only problem is we only really have Kingsley capable of such crosses.

Perfect result for me tonight. They had to play 120 mins in the heat and they still lost, and as a result they won’t have guaranteed CL group stage football to balance their budget.

Dunno how much real difference it will make and it will still be a very tough game. But I’ll take any advantage going. 

colinmaroon
42 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Hopefully der Hun don't put out the young lads again

Considering we only committed 6 fouls v the "young lads" they would wonder what him them on Saturday. 

39 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If Barisic doesn't make it. He's originally a left back, he slotted in earlier.

They’ll play Balagun if Barasic doesn’t make it

38 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If we don’t fire a few crosses in from

our left along the 6 yard box on Saturday i’ll

go daft.

Rangers have lost at least 3 key goals in important games with that sort of cross and the striker running across the second defender.

You don’t need numbers in the box - tonight when EF scored they had one guy in the box.

Rangers don’t have time to sort that out before Saturday.

Only problem is we only really have Kingsley capable of such crosses.

Correct. They’ve lost identical goals all season long. Goldson sold the one tonight. Bassey was sleeping at it too. Barasic has sold a couple recently. They lose goals at set pieces too.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Can see them making a few changes. McLaughlin, Roofe, Balogun, the young lad Lowry and Ramsey (to try and make up for his fluff of a penalty this evening).

We need to be on it. No silly mistakes. Save Ginnelly for the second half.

I do t think Ramsey will play for them again

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How come?

Because he is only on loan until the end of the season

Aussie Jambo

After all that then get beat them homeward bound after 2h10m of football. They’ll be deflated & humiliated. . 

Oh Im liking this even more now. 

Ellis first goalscorer and Hearts 2-1. 

Mon the JTs

$200 invested at 5/1. Currently savouring a pint of lager before purchasing the ingredients for  Jambo Cup final eve trifle.

This one's for the FoH and our absent friends.

3-1 Hearts.

Watt-Zeefuik

Three cups

Eleven days

Three cups

Eleven days

How shit must you be

Let's count the ways

You're losing three cups

In eleven days

Aussie Jambo

I’m just thinking back to 98. I went with a mate from Birdiehouse. Sat pished in that sun. Face was same colour as my scarf. When the first goal went in by Adam I near fell into the next row. Been on the bevy all morning and on route. The Erse cheeks ground wasn’t finished yet. Sat where the old jungle used to be. 

Then the penalty. Yasss. I’ve never sobered up so fast as I did especially when McCoust came on. What a day and was in total disbelief. When we got back and the parade. That was unreal. Stood up from Grassmarket waiting. Not forget that day ever. 

Maple Leaf
36 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I’m just thinking back to 98. I went with a mate from Birdiehouse. Sat pished in that sun. Face was same colour as my scarf. When the first goal went in by Adam I near fell into the next row. Been on the bevy all morning and on route. The Erse cheeks ground wasn’t finished yet. Sat where the old jungle used to be. 

Then the penalty. Yasss. I’ve never sobered up so fast as I did especially when McCoust came on. What a day and was in total disbelief. When we got back and the parade. That was unreal. Stood up from Grassmarket waiting. Not forget that day ever. 

I think the penalty was first, scored by Colin Cameron.  Adam scored the second goal, iirc.