***** Official Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers Scottish Cup Final 2022 Match Thread *****

Jambos_1874

jambopilms

You can't press the Old Firm for 90 mins when you have a fully fit squad nevermind with half fit players.

No matter what we plan to do Rangers will have the majority of the ball and will get more chances than we will.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Don Dan

• Riccarton3

• Harry Potter

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

You can't press the Old Firm for 90 mins when you have a fully fit squad nevermind with half fit players.

No matter what we plan to do Rangers will have the majority of the ball and will get more chances than we will.

I believe you can 👍

Just now, Rudy T said:

We will play our game though, we’ll go with a low block play through McKay and Boyce and work it to Simms. That’s our game, if we try and press them to high they’ll do what they did to us at Tynie first time round and go long.

They’re in Seville on Wednesday night, so we can let them have the ball and huff and puff up the pitch and see how long they can keep a high tempo and then pick them off. 

We cannot afford to go all out against them they’ve got to many runners from midfield we’ll get destroyed.

Play our game and we beat them.

The problem lately, is ball watching.  It descends into it quite often with Hearts v the old firm.  Yes, you start off with fresh minds and everyone is sharp, but the minutes tick with less of the ball and concentration slides.

Its huge on Saturday for Hearts to be alert around their box, in fact, even well before the box. I’m not saying sell yourself by diving in but we need to actually get a foot in and make tackles.  

Too often it’s jockey jockey jockey without no attempt to nick the ball.  We need to be really active on Saturday, it’s a Final, there’s no second chances.

Moving onto Rangers as much as we can and less sitting off.  

Bongo 1874
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We will play our game though, we’ll go with a low block play through McKay and Boyce and work it to Simms. That’s our game, if we try and press them to high they’ll do what they did to us at Tynie first time round and go long.

They’re in Seville on Wednesday night, so we can let them have the ball and huff and puff up the pitch and see how long they can keep a high tempo and then pick them off. 

We cannot afford to go all out against them they’ve got to many runners from midfield we’ll get destroyed.

Play our game and we beat them.

Play our game and we are beat 👍.  Which in you're eyes is sitting off 

Attack them and score first and we give them something to think about. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

The problem lately, is ball watching.  It descends into it quite often with Hearts v the old firm.  Yes, you start off with fresh minds and everyone is sharp, but the minutes tick with less of the ball and concentration slides.

Its huge on Saturday for Hearts to be alert around their box, in fact, even well before the box. I’m not saying sell yourself by diving in but we need to actually get a foot in and make tackles.  

Too often it’s jockey jockey jockey without no attempt to nick the ball.  We need to be really active on Saturday, it’s a Final, there’s no second chances.

Moving onto Rangers as much as we can and less sitting off.  

I agree but Bongo and others suggesting we go toe to toe all out attack is frankly bonkers we’d be 4 down by half time. We basically need to do to Rangers what they’ve been doing in Europe all season. Stay tight and look for opportunities to break. Simms is strong as an Ox and can win us possession high up the pitch and create chances. We have Kingsley at set pieces and that may be the key.

I honestly thing we’ll win but it’ll be nervy and a very ugly win but I don’t particularly care.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Those 3 wins and a draw proves what here? None of them are against this Rangers team and one in fact isn’t even against Rangers 🤷‍♂️

We went for it first game at Tynie and two long balls later we were chasing a lost cause.

Bongo 1874
Just now, Rudy T said:

Those 3 wins and a draw proves what here? None of them are against this Rangers team and one in fact isn’t even against Rangers 🤷‍♂️

We went for it first game at Tynie and two long balls later we were chasing a lost cause.

We didn't press rangers at Tynecastle the second goal resulting in a long ball by Connor Goldson, with Boyce, Mckay, And Gms ball watching, Haring and Devlin not picking up off the ball runners 👍

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We didn't press rangers at Tynecastle the second goal resulting in a long ball by Connor Goldson, with Boyce, Mckay, And Gms ball watching, Haring and Devlin not picking up off the ball runners 👍

Second goal we’ve got a high press, 4 men splitting their back line 2 pushing onto the midfield and our defensive 4 sitting just inside our half. The first goal we’re in a good shape but Devlin is weak and a little naive.

HillmanHearts

Smith, Souttar and Halkett understandably well off the pace yesterday. 
How much were they holding back ? Can an injection get them through a one off game ?

Time will tell but I don’t think both Souttar and Halkett will start.

One may start with the other on the bench.

I also think Haring, Devlin and Halliday will start.

So :

Gordon

Atkinson, Halkett, Kingsley, Cochrane.

Haring Devlin.

Ginnelly, Mackay, Halliday.

Simms.

Ginnelly and Halliday to back track big time in defence down the flanks.

If Boyce is fit then that might mean moving Mackay wider and dropping Ginnelly to bench but tbf Boycie ain’t in form.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

In what way did it ‘almost work’ It was a tactical disaster in the first half and we had to bin the tactic entirely to claw ourselves back into the game. 

Neilson loses a whole season of goodwill in 90 minutes if he puts in a shitebag tactical set up here and loses. Doesn’t mean he won’t do it but it’s a gamble for him personally. He’s had weeks to prepare something other than 9 men behind the ball and hope for a counter.

Just play the damn game properly. Defend properly when they attack. Keep the ball when we get it back. Progress forward quickly. Press when they have it when we can press safely. Minimise mistakes. Don’t fail to take whatever chances we get.

:trippin:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We were all over Rangers at Tynecastle and if you don't know the difference between playing the OF in Glasgow or at home then I'd question if you've been awake the last 30 years.

The high press isn't a all conquering tactic that for over a hundred years has been a secret that you have uncovered.

19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I agree but Bongo and others suggesting we go toe to toe all out attack is frankly bonkers we’d be 4 down by half time. We basically need to do to Rangers what they’ve been doing in Europe all season. Stay tight and look for opportunities to break. Simms is strong as an Ox and can win us possession high up the pitch and create chances. We have Kingsley at set pieces and that may be the key.

I honestly thing we’ll win but it’ll be nervy and a very ugly win but I don’t particularly care.

I agree. It’s interesting you say that. 

Rangers have been massive underdogs in Europe but find themselves in the final.  Why?  Because they didn’t fear stronger opposition.  A workmate spoke about it last week to me, a Jam Tart I may add.  But he added that you saw Rangers relentlessly run their hearts out in each game they played.  

We need to do that to them. We need to match them. You can talk all day of “playing our game” but what gives you a chance against favourites is hard work and matching their effort.  

Whatever way you want to slice it, we are massive underdogs going into this game and that's with them In a European cup final 3 days before, We are going to need every hearts player to give everything they've got on the pitch and for Rangers to be off it hopefully after extra time in midweek, And even if all that were to come together we will still need a good slice of Lady luck. It's unlikely but possible. 

:flag1:

Cant see us getting anything next week , we just aren't mentally tough enough when the chips are down against the old firm.

How many of our players will walk out on the pitch at 3 pm next Saturday thinking we will win the game , that's the problem unfortunately. 

jambopilms
36 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Problem with them examples is Rangers were a shambles in at least 2 of them games where they were getting beat off the likes of Hamilton. This is not the same Rangers. The game we humped Celtic, Levein was quite open about filling the squad with those who can do the extra miles needed to close them down. We don't have the miles in our legs with the players we have and a number of them unfit and recovering from injuries.

Plus all them examples are at home on a smaller pitch.

But yeah all we need to do is press and we win.

jambopilms

Those who say sitting back and giving them the ball is shite bag tactics need to watch the 98 final again because it's what we did the whole game. It's literally the only way we have beaten the Old Firm in a final in my lifetime.

But yeah attack, press just go for it is the way to go. 

Folk think stating the only way to win is to go for it are clearly just deliberately setting themselves up for a summer long seethe because they haven't had much to moan about lately. 

Luckily for the rest of us there isn't many who think like that anymore and Robbie has plenty credit in the bank.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Cant see us getting anything next week , we just aren't mentally tough enough when the chips are down against the old firm.

How many of our players will walk out on the pitch at 3 pm next Saturday thinking we will win the game , that's the problem unfortunately. 

Aye, if all the players " think" really hard then it will happen.

That is all they need to do.

If they "think" they will win the game the problem is solved.

Lets hope the rangers players don't do the same and  "think" they can win the game or we are back to square one tho.

If we "think" we can win and "have a go" then Rangers will have no answer to such revolutionary tactics- they'll freeze, and won't know what has hit them  and we'll probably spank them about 5-0.

Worse still- Hopefully Rangers don't "have a go" and "think" they can win as well .:fing10:

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Problem with them examples is Rangers were a shambles in at least 2 of them games where they were getting beat off the likes of Hamilton. This is not the same Rangers. The game we humped Celtic, Levein was quite open about filling the squad with those who can do the extra miles needed to close them down. We don't have the miles in our legs with the players we have and a number of them unfit and recovering from injuries.

Plus all them examples are at home on a smaller pitch.

But yeah all we need to do is press and we win.

Plus how many times did Celtic spank us in the unbeaten run before we beat them.

The game was also at Tynecastle.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

So you both favour the shitebag park the bus tactics being discussed here ? Meaning they get the ball, we defend and not much else, and you applaud the manager if that’s the sum total of his tactical plan ?

Aye, because that was counter attacking is. 

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I agree we will sit in and hope to score on break, then we will sit further in if that happens.

Manager won't go gung ho as we would get smashed. Don't know why Bongo thinks differently but that's his perogative.

We all agree that Heart Of Midlothian are Magic are Magic, it can be done it will be done

Sorry if posted f ck the weegie  filth

52 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I agree we will sit in and hope to score on break, then we will sit further in if that happens.

Manager won't go gung ho as we would get smashed. Don't know why Bongo thinks differently but that's his perogative.

Bongo is Bongo he's wetting his knickers at the prospect of a summer of Robbie bashing. 

I view this final as a free hit at glory. 

Bongo views it as a chance to say I told you so 'Robbie oot' repeated about five hundred times during the close season. 

Followed by endless videos of guys we have no chance of signing because their wages are more than our entire budget. 

Someone will chuck in a player

Reply wages to high

Someone will chuck in a player

Reply not good enough for Hearts

Then you will get ITK

Then you will get fantasy

I trust our people and the summer signings will be just fantastic especially after a SCF win and on that bombshell

FTH

I’m still basking in the satisfaction of finishing 3rd, qualifying for group stages in Europe and punting Hibs in the semi again! 😊

The final is a free hit and one I’m going to enjoy win or lose!

Independence
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I’m still basking in the satisfaction of finishing 3rd, qualifying for group stages in Europe and punting Hibs in the semi again! 😊

This! Enjoy the day and hope for an unexpected win. Let’s do our bit as a twelfth man and stay to the end, win or loose after such a wonderful, unexpected season. Beating H1b5 twice in a week to send them into the bottom 6 and us qualifying for another big cup final makes it a very special season alone. 

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

👍👍👍 and in a one off game anything can happen.  On paper it’s a rangers win, but games aren’t decided on paper. Can be decided on a refereeing decision and / or a team not performing or indeed over performing. We have some very good players let’s not lose sight of that. We will be up for it so let’s just get behind the boys. Some of the pant wetting is embarrassing albeit from the usual small minority. If the said minority are even going to the game Id ask why are they even bothering ? 

5 hours ago, Rudy T said:

You think Neilson loses the support if we lose the cup final 😂😂😂

Not at all what I said but bash on

4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Those who say sitting back and giving them the ball is shite bag tactics need to watch the 98 final again because it's what we did the whole game. It's literally the only way we have beaten the Old Firm in a final in my lifetime.

But yeah attack, press just go for it is the way to go. 

Folk think stating the only way to win is to go for it are clearly just deliberately setting themselves up for a summer long seethe because they haven't had much to moan about lately. 

Luckily for the rest of us there isn't many who think like that anymore and Robbie has plenty credit in the bank.

Long time ago but if memory serves me right we scored in 90 seconds and spent the rest of the first half breaking the game up and spoiling it, making sure they didn’t get a rhythm going.

Then we scored another early second half and THEN we parked the bus and held on

If RN gets us 2-0 up with 35 minutes to go, I’ll park the bus my self for him.

Parking the bus at 0-0 is shitebag tactics no matter what way you cut it or who is playing who

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

What a good posr.  I'm basking too for the self same reasons and for our strong financial position.

We'll give it everying in the final and I honestly think we'll win but if we don't I'll still be very happy with where we are.

The existence and success of the FoH inspires me every day.

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, if all the players " think" really hard then it will happen.

That is all they need to do.

If they "think" they will win the game the problem is solved.

Lets hope the rangers players don't do the same and  "think" they can win the game or we are back to square one tho.

If we "think" we can win and "have a go" then Rangers will have no answer to such revolutionary tactics- they'll freeze, and won't know what has hit them  and we'll probably spank them about 5-0.

Worse still- Hopefully Rangers don't "have a go" and "think" they can win as well .:fing10:

Wtf are you gibbering on about 😂

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Bongo is Bongo he's wetting his knickers at the prospect of a summer of Robbie bashing. 

Bongo views it as a chance to say I told you so 'Robbie oot' repeated about five hundred times during the close season. 

Followed by endless videos of guys we have no chance of signing because their wages are more than our entire budget. 

This. Going to be a long summer on here if we lose 

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Long time ago but if memory serves me right we scored in 90 seconds and spent the rest of the first half breaking the game up and spoiling it, making sure they didn’t get a rhythm going.

Then we scored another early second half and THEN we parked the bus and held on

If RN gets us 2-0 up with 35 minutes to go, I’ll park the bus my self for him.

Parking the bus at 0-0 is shitebag tactics no matter what way you cut it or who is playing who

Good post.  There needs to be some  level of bravery.  That doesn’t mean gung-ho, it never has.  It’s about believing you can take the game 5, 10 yards further up the park, be closer to the opponent. 

It’s about being smart though, you need clever players who know when to close down and when to hold. We had them back in 98. 

Edited by Debut 4

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

That's the type of mentality that has put the sheep where they are, forcing out the best manager they have had in many years because he couldn't compete with the OF. Now look at them.

They're Europa league finalists for crying out loud, they beat Dortmund. Should a Hearts manager be fired for failing to beat Europa league finalists who could have a bench valued at more than his squad?

If Hearts win the cup it's a remarkable achievement. If not it wont be for lack of trying and it wont be anyone's fault. Certainly not the manager who delivered an overwhelming  3rd place finish and a Scottish cup final after ejecting hubz. 

Edited by JFK-1

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Wtf are you gibbering on about 😂

You said that the problem is that not may of our players will think the can win it. 

Shite. 

The problem is better, fast and more skillfull players across their team and squad. 

Our players can think they can win it all day long, it won't solve the "problem" as you see it. 

24 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Good post.  There needs to be some  level of bravery.  That doesn’t mean gung-ho, it never has.  It’s about believing you can take the game 5, 10 yards further up the park, be closer to the opponent. 

It’s about being smart though, you need clever players who know when to close down and when to hold. We had them back in 98. 

I’m hoping for something in between ‘parking the bus’ and ‘gung Ho’ because let’s be honest, both of those approaches see us well beaten. We can’t defend for 90 minutes, we probably can’t control the midfield for any length of time and we probably can’t keep the ball for lengthy periods. We’re not going to make chance after chance like they could so well have to be lethal and composed for those we do make.

What we CAN do is what we do well. We can play it quickly through midfield and find a runner or someone to hold it. We’re not bad at set pieces and they’re not super great at defending them. They leave gaps behind their wing backs where you can get a run at their centre backs from wide. This is not suddenly a super team we’re up against. It’s a team who in my opinion look better than they actually are because if a determined battling European run. They’ve got weakness. I just hope we look to play against their weakness at times, making sure we also try and deal with their strength.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We also got a 1st minute penalty ( that was a free kick) and on the day as well as being clinical we carried a bit luck. 

We'll need the cards to fall for us again in similar fashion. 

98 was great but we got an early lead and defended it, they then ****ed up and we got a second. 

Let's not pretend we dominated the ball and attacked them from the off in a confident display of attacking and controlled football. 

The 3-4  lc game is a good example of us having a go, but even then we still got beat. 

Played really well that day. 

There's no doubt that Saturday has dented our (the fans) confidence although TBH the minute Rangers beat Celtic they were big favourites to win it.  My biggest worry is that we switched off the minute we beat Hibs and it's not easy to just switch back on again BUT I think we can.   We need a combination of defending well and taking our chances.  Even on Saturday we could have scored 3 or 4.  It's not about parking buses or going all out attack.  We play our game, compete in midfield (a fit Devlin would help greatly), defend well when we have to and attack with pace and numbers.  Most of all take the big chances.   Who knows it might just be one of those days when the stars align.  

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m hoping for something in between ‘parking the bus’ and ‘gung Ho’ because let’s be honest, both of those approaches see us well beaten. We can’t defend for 90 minutes, we probably can’t control the midfield for any length of time and we probably can’t keep the ball for lengthy periods. We’re not going to make chance after chance like they could so well have to be lethal and composed for those we do make.

What we CAN do is what we do well. We can play it quickly through midfield and find a runner or someone to hold it. We’re not bad at set pieces and they’re not super great at defending them. They leave gaps behind their wing backs where you can get a run at their centre backs from wide. This is not suddenly a super team we’re up against. It’s a team who in my opinion look better than they actually are because if a determined battling European run. They’ve got weakness. I just hope we look to play against their weakness at times, making sure we also try and deal with their strength.

Agree 2nd part in regards to tactics but relatively speaking they are a "super" team. 

They've been beaten in the league once from a non OF team in 2 seasons and are in a European Cup final, if they win it then the really are a super/ great / brilliant team relative to Scotland. 

In 4 games v us they've scored 12 and us 1 and beaten us 3 times this season. 

Down playing rangers just doesn't cut it. 

They're a very good team. 

But, ofc we can beat them, as you say we carry a threat and have our strengths. 

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We also got a 1st minute penalty ( that was a free kick) and on the day as well as being clinical we carried a bit luck. 

We'll need the cards to fall for us again in similar fashion. 

98 was great but we got an early lead and defended it, they then ****ed up and we got a second. 

Let's not pretend we dominated the ball and attacked them from the off in a confident display of attacking and controlled football. 

The 3-4  lc game is a good example of us having a go, but even then we still got beat. 

Played really well that day. 

You’re right, we didn’t dominate the ball and play an attacking game like we had for most of that season. We hassled and harried, put the hard yards in.  It was more about making sure we were competitive , filling gaps, running hard.  We had the quality when we needed it though.  

Just watch it back and look at the workrate of the team. 

What concerns me a little is RN said earlier in the season after couple of stodgy performances that he won’t change the way we play.  I wasn’t sure how to decipher that properly at the time , but JJ tweaked Hearts in the 98 Final to what he saw as appropriate and to give us our best chance of winning.  

We don’t necessarily have to change our style but he has to tweak the mindset for Saturday because sometimes the players can look a little cautious trying to stick to the system. 

We need a bit more than that on Sat. 

13 hours ago, GBJambo said:

It’s been too long since we last won the cup! 

**** Rangers we are ****ing winning this!!

Win this and we are a cup every six years on average over the last quarter of a century : - )

LochcarronJambo
16 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

We went with a full team with no intention of exerting ourselves. Yes perhaps that is selling the fans a wee bit short since they had to pay to watch it, but it’s all about being prepared for next week. We decided to lightly train the first team, Rangers decided to rest the first team. Either option was fine by me and I didn’t go partly because common sense told me what to expect. It WAS meaningless, nothing more than organised excercise, same as all our last 5 games was.

Folk really need to give themselves a shake over yesterday. Get past it and look at the bigger picture.

Common sense tells me that Hearts will probably lose on Saturday, but I will still be there- I will give my effort as always in great expense & a six hour journey…as a Hearts supporter I expect the team to try in every game, yes Saturday is far more important than Saturday just gone-but a comfortable defeat against a bunch ok kids is NOT acceptable to anybody who cares about the club…..

Harry Potter
49 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You said that the problem is that not may of our players will think the can win it. 

Shite. 

The problem is better, fast and more skillfull players across their team and squad. 

Our players can think they can win it all day long, it won't solve the "problem" as you see it. 

Will say one thing, we need to defend a lot better, standing about watching the attacker put a header in is not on.

12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You’re right, we didn’t dominate the ball and play an attacking game like we had for most of that season. We hassled and harried, put the hard yards in.  It was more about making sure we were competitive , filling gaps, running hard.  We had the quality when we needed it though.  

Just watch it back and look at the workrate of the team. 

What concerns me a little is RN said earlier in the season after couple of stodgy performances that he won’t change the way we play.  I wasn’t sure how to decipher that properly at the time , but JJ tweaked Hearts in the 98 Final to what he saw as appropriate and to give us our best chance of winning.  

We don’t necessarily have to change our style but he has to tweak the mindset for Saturday because sometimes the players can look a little cautious trying to stick to the system. 

We need a bit more than that on Sat. 

Havent watched it lately but my recollection is we made 3 decent chances all day and scored with 2 of them. That’s the sort of thing we’ll need to do on Saturday. I think we’ll need to score twice and that’s if we can keep the score down at the other end.

We can learn a few things from the 98 win. We were massive underdogs but we had characters in that team who would have walked through walls to win that day. Salvatori, Fulton Adam Cameron McCann and others. We’ll need that spirit in spades because it was a leveller of sorts. We were composed. No panicky clearances, no rash challenges. We tried to play the game in midfield rather than 20 yards from our goal. We kept the ball well at times with simple passes. We never let them settle to a rhythm. Most important for an underdog we had luck. We got 2 massive decisions in our favour.

Right Jambos , I've had some good laughs on here over the last couple of years and been giving loads of friendly stick for being a Bluenose . I'm writing this post on a Monday morning as I'm away to Seville to support my team , so let me wish you's all the best for Saturday and enjoy the game. Difficult one to call all about who turns up on the day .....Enjoy Jambos 👍

All this talk about all out attack and pressing versus park the bus.  It's all nonsense frankly.

What we need is discipline and bravery.  By that I mean discipline not to leave gaps, not to let someone slip away from you and not to go diving in and letting someone easily beyond you.  However, bravery to get close, get in faces and let them know we're blooming well there and not going to let them have it their way.

Also discipline and bravery on the ball.  Let's not give it away as soon as we get it, but also let's not be daft and try to pass it about if they're pressing high and hard.  Cool heads.  Options. 

For me, something we don't do well enough is utilise Simms as an outball.  He NEEDS to work channels hard and constantly on Saturday.  Every time our defenders have the ball, he needs to be curving round their CBs.  As soon as we pick up a second ball in midfield, guess what, Simms needs to curve round their CBs.

Our guys knowing they have a ball to play without even needing to look is vital in this game.  That isn't backwards, longball football.  It's about territory and it's about them needing to always think about us and stay on THEIR toes.  I'd almost be tempted to play Gino instead of Boyce for this reason, although Boyce gives us more dig and good work off the ball, so it's not a straight choice.

If anyone thinks we're going to turn up and attack them, meaning we have high %age possession high up the pitch and pin them back for long periods, they're mad.  We need to battle for territory and do our best to retain it, of course.  But stating that we need to be the ones of the front foot simply and completely ignores the fact we're playing against a team full of multi-million pound players who are in a Euro final.  There are two teams in every game!  You don't decide "OK in this game, we'll be the ones who do the attacking!!".

Most of all, we need the boys to go out and not shrink.  They need to puff their chests out and say bring it on.  Doesn't matter what our formation, tactics, instructions etc are if they are meek.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

All this talk about all out attack and pressing versus park the bus.  It's all nonsense frankly.

The rest of your post was a good read but the opening sentence totally sums it up for me

8 hours ago, Independence said:

This! Enjoy the day and hope for an unexpected win. Let’s do our bit as a twelfth man and stay to the end, win or loose after such a wonderful, unexpected season. Beating H1b5 twice in a week to send them into the bottom 6 and us qualifying for another big cup final makes it a very special season alone. 

👍

Lord Montpelier

Punchers chance in this game. Better than no chance at all. I'm going repeat of 1998 final, 2-1 Hearts.