***** Official Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers Scottish Cup Final 2022 Match Thread *****

Jambos_1874

Jambos_1874

All league games are out of the way now, it's time for the big one!! Can we repeat 1998, when we beat the previous incarnation of Rangers, and go on and beat this new version? Third cup final in four years and we really deserve some silverware following this season and the previous cup finals where we came close. Let's win this Hearts!!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Don Dan

• Riccarton3

• Harry Potter

It’s going to be mighty tough.  

Today however, has no bearing on next weeks game.

I do think though, that the Huns Euro Final in midweek, could either deflate them or elate them.

We will have to be at our very best from the start. There can be no passengers, no shirking and plenty desire.

It could be 1998 all over again, it could be hugely disappointing.  I obviously hope it’s the former.

Come on the Hearts!   :flagwave:

Back 3 or back 4? Who plays midfield? Who is left out?

Big big decisions but glad everyone is fit (except Beni of course)

Gordon: Natty, Souttar, Halks, Kingsley; Haring, Halliday, Mckay, Simms

those 9 are nailed on. Boyce injury and Devlin knock makes things less certain. Cochrane done well recently so think he would play. Gino offers something unique. Would’t write off GMS, Sibbick, McEneff or Woodburn playing either 

Really hard one to call given form and fitness

Edited by R1874

Rick Sanchez

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Haring

Halliday

Cochrane

McKay

Boyce

Simms

🤞

Der Kaiser

I'd love to sit beside my son at Hampden and watch us lift a trophy.

Underdogs sometimes win games.

Underdogs sometimes win finals.

That's what we both feel and we'll roar the jambos on to do it.

53 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Back 3 or back 4? Who plays midfield? Who is left out?

Big big decisions but glad everyone is fit (except Beni of course)

Gordon: Natty, Souttar, Halks, Kingsley; Haring, Halliday, Mckay, Simms

those 9 are nailed on. Boyce injury and Devlin knock makes things less certain. Cochrane done well recently so think he would play. Gino offers something unique. Would’t write off GMS, Sibbick, McEneff or Woodburn playing either 

Really hard one to call given form and fitness

GMS? 😏

PapaShango
33 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Haring

Halliday

Cochrane

McKay

Boyce

Simms

🤞

I would only change Devlin for Halliday but that’s my side as well. 

south morocco

I think to have a decent chance, we’ll need Halkett back in there and Souttar too. The rest of the side kind of picks itself as above. We’ll need a bit of luck too. Can’t wait now.

If we don't let them run all over us in the first half, we win.

We all know that script.

mellors1874

If we are to have any chance next Saturday we need to man mark there full backs with our two wide attacking players when defending as the space tav and barasic get to play is laughable.

Kent needs to be hit hard and fair the first time he is on the ball and we have to make sure he is kept out wide and off his right foot.

There back two are not good on the ball and they need to be pressed when in possession.

We can win this but no place for shitebags next week.

Ccjambo1874

Gordon 

Smith 

Souttar 

Halkett 

Kingsley 

Devlin 

Haring 

Halliday 

Atkinson 

Simms

Mckay

Feel we might need three in the middle just to get a bit more of a foothold. 

Would like Atkinson to be further forward if Smith is fit at the back as he gets past players better than Gino in my opinion. Unlikely they'll make such a change for formation and personnel given how we've set up this season. Sadly I doubt they'd play all three in the middle given the knocks they've carried/are carrying and might be required as subs for extra time etc.

Tough one to pick. Feel that eleven would be sturdy enough and offer enough cover in midfield with them taking turns getting forward to help in attack. 

More likely it will be this 

Gordon 

Souttar 

Halkett 

Kingsley 

Atkinson 

Haring 

Halliday/Devlin

Cochrane 

McKay

Boyce 

Simms 

Providing all are fit.

In their faces from the off. None of this sitting back pish. 

3 final defeats in a row. We need this.

Fxxx the SPFL

Keep the faith we’ll win 3-2 the least nervous cup final I will have been at like other’s have said get in their faces early doors hhgh

We’ll win. I’m confident, the last few games have been leading us into this.

3-1 Hearts  

3 day party to follow.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We’ll win. I’m confident, the last few games have been leading us into this.

3-1 Hearts  

3 day party to follow.

Great stuff Rudi.  I'm with you.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Haring

Halliday

Cochrane

McKay

Boyce

Simms

🤞

I think you may have given away our starting line up 

Rick Sanchez
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think you may have given away our starting line up 

I'd have had Devlin in but I don't see it.

Hope we are practicing penalties! 

2006 we beat Gretna on penalties . Liverpool win the FA cup on penalties.

2022 Liverpool win the FA cup on penalties 
Is this going to penalties?….

Malinga the Swinga

Just want to win. Don't care about the performance, don't care how we win, just want the trophy.

Hearts 2-0.

Uncle Buck
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Atkinson

Haring

Halliday

Cochrane

McKay

Boyce

Simms

🤞

If all are fit then this is definitely the team for me. Hopefully Boyce is ok.

I think it’ll be tight but I have a good feeling.

Would love us to win it but I honestly can't see it, I think we will just fall short, hopefully I'm wrong.

My team would be

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Haring Devlin Cochrane

McKay

Boyce Simms

PapaShango
1 hour ago, Masonic said:

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Kingsley

Devlin

Haring

Atkinson

Macneff

Boyce

Mckay

Simms

McEneff won’t be anywhere near the starting line up. He’s not good enough for Hearts IMO. Souttar will also play in place of Smith I think. 

Hard to see Souttar and Devlin starting based on fitness. I think we will go with;

Gordon

Atkinson

Moore

Halkett

Kingsley

Cochrane

Halliday

Haring

McKay

Boyce

Simms

Can see us setting up pretty defensively and trying to keep the game tight.

The Scottish Cup final is a festival event like no other in our game.  It is a marquee occasion broadcast to the world.  Even here in NZ thank goodness.  Oldest trophy worldwide in professional football.

Anything can happen and we should all enjoy it.  We've got a good team.  We can win.

The world won't end if we don't.  

We have to start with Souttar and Halkett, and absolutely can’t start with Sibbick, Smith or Devlin based in recent viewing. 

Mixed views on Boyce. He hasn’t been good enough for several months. If he can’t start it might not be the worst thing. Play Gino through the middle with Simms and let his pace be the weapon. 

Unf I fear if Boyce cant make it Robbie will play a defensive type midfielder and leave us with essentially two attacking players on the pitch. 

It’s a one off game, we’re due a result against the OF, but even with Ranger’s Euro final I would still only gove us a 5-15% chance. 

6 minutes ago, micole said:

Heart says we win,head says we get gubbed 3-1.....still mon the Hearts!!.

When the devil visits us this week and whispers in our ears ‘you can’t handle the storm’ we answer ‘We ARE the storm’

LochcarronJambo

Spent my whole life as a total Jambo, love the Hearts, i am nearly 64 & been thru it all, i just hope we give it our best shot…. Todays performance was a total disgrace & shameful….if you have no belief you lose..today was a joke… ffs Hearts think you can atleast do it … have some desire & belief ffs…., plus hope Frankfurt ram it up the bigots on Wednesday 

Sadly I think we’re ****ed. We look a tired and patched up team with key players going off the boil at the wrong time. 

Just hope the management team can sort them out during the week or I suspect it’s four final defeats in a row. 

I’ll still be there cheering them on though. 

Watt-Zeefuik

FFS stop taking any readings from today. Our shape didn't make any sense tactically nor did our substitutions, because they weren't about tactics, they were about getting run-ins for next week.

We will have our imperious back line back together again for the first time in ages. Our bench finally looks robust again.

We're getting healthy at the perfect time. 'Mon the Hearts!!!

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, larne hmfc said:

Did we not just get beat by under 18 its just about keeping the score down 

:rofl:

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

It’s going to be mighty tough.  

Today however, has no bearing on next weeks game.

I do think though, that the Huns Euro Final in midweek, could either deflate them or elate them.

We will have to be at our very best from the start. There can be no passengers, no shirking and plenty desire.

It could be 1998 all over again, it could be hugely disappointing.  I obviously hope it’s the former.

Come on the Hearts!   :flagwave:

Spot on my friend.

Come on the JT’s

10B299D6-6990-4BA6-80D1-5C840AE1C286.jpeg

The ease with which they played through us yesterday, makes me think we definitely need 3 in midfield. 

We need to get a foothold in the game early doors otherwise it could be all over within half an hour.

PapaShango

Hopefully Gino GMS and Sibbick nowhere near the starting line up. Gino is dreadful and hopefully gets moved on in the summer along with GMS. 

Hopeful as ever but not really expecting much but I thought Celtic would give us a doing in the last two cup finals and that didn't happen. We're in it so can win it. Lots of things have to fall into place and Rangers euro final will have a bearing. C'mon the Hearts.

Some times the team assembled for a fraction of the cost wins a final but we are pretty far from favourites 

Come on Hearts do us proud and give it every last ounce 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Hopefully Gino GMS and Sibbick nowhere near the starting line up. Gino is dreadful and hopefully gets moved on in the summer along with GMS. 

I’d rather have a fully fit Gino than a 70% fit and struggling for form Boyce. Gino only gives you 45 minutes though so does he start or does he come on later ? He will definitely play at some point.

PapaShango
Just now, JimmyCant said:

I’d rather have a fully fit Gino than a 70% fit and struggling for form Boyce. Gino only gives you 45 minutes though so does he start or does he come on later ? He will definitely play at some point.

If he has to get some game time you would prefer later in the game when they may tire. The guys a headless chicken can’t recall a worse crosser of the ball in a long time. Every cross goes out for a goal kick or throw in round the other side. If we want to kick on as a club we need to do better than him. 

PapaShango
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Some times the team assembled for a fraction of the cost wins a final but we are pretty far from favourites 

Come on Hearts do us proud and give it every last ounce 

Agree. Whatever happens next week everyone needs to leave it all out on the pitch and give nothing short of 100%. It’s all we can ask and hopefully we get some luck and breaks.

9 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Spent my whole life as a total Jambo, love the Hearts, i am nearly 64 & been thru it all, i just hope we give it our best shot…. Todays performance was a total disgrace & shameful….if you have no belief you lose..today was a joke… ffs Hearts think you can atleast do it … have some desire & belief ffs…., plus hope Frankfurt ram it up the bigots on Wednesday 

It wasn’t a disgrace and it wasn’t shameful. You’ll have seen plenty disgraceful and shameful performances if you’ve been a Hearts fan for 64 years.

It was a meaningless game we treated as a training session to keep players ticking over and assess the fitness if someone players.

Ignore what Rangers B did to a team playing at 20% capacity. It’s completely irrelevant and it repeats almost exactly a pattern we have done in the past before winning cups.

I’ve been an absolute hater of Halliday. 

Glad over the course of the season I’ve been proven wrong. 

I’d like to see him start and Devlin to come on later in the game to pick the tempo up and get in their face. 

So exactly same team as @Rick Sanchezhas chosen. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

If he has to get some game time you would prefer later in the game when they may tire. The guys a headless chicken can’t recall a worse crosser of the ball in a long time. Every cross goes out for a goal kick or throw in round the other side. If we want to kick on as a club we need to do better than him. 

He’ll never be a top class winger. On that we are agreed. All his effective performances have been through the middle

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think you are being a little harsh on him to be honest …………….. I remember similar things used to be said about Suso and he played a big part in us winning our last Cup crossing is not his game but if he runs at the defence then we could get a goal a penalty or a free kick in Kingsley range

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think you are being a little harsh on him to be honest …………….. I remember similar things used to be said about Suso and he played a big part in us winning our last Cup crossing is not his game but if he runs at the defence then we could get a goal a penalty or a free kick in Kingsley range

I hope your right would love nothing more than for him to score the winner next week! 

Proud of this year and the achievements no matter what happens.  Head says loss, heart says a win, just hope it’s competitive and not like a game at ibrox