Expectations

pointon

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

The amount of folk pishing their pants is just weird

Oi!    You will be old some day . . . . .   Oh wait.  I see what you are getting at.    ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• sadj

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

do you think that’s how we will set up and who we will play next week ? Seriously ? 🤣🤣🤣

What changes do you envisage other than Halkett and Atkinson?

Pans Jambo

Having just lost 3 games on the bounce and shipped 9 goals im not overly hopeful. Just lost at home to a reserve team of kids.  What does that do to a squads confidence? Hope im wrong but I cant see us winning next week. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Having just lost 3 games on the bounce and shipped 9 goals im not overly hopeful. Just lost at home to a reserve team of kids.  What does that do to a squads confidence? Hope im wrong but I cant see us winning next week. 

It means the players put their bodies on the line next week which they didn’t do

today because the game didn’t matter a **** - other than to try and get some

match fitness up.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

And if we'd won today and Wednesday you think we would win? 

I'm not seeing how winning or losing the last few games changes our chances on sat. 

If we'd won 5-0 yesterday I'd still have thought we'd be unLikley to win next week and be massive under dogs, that's not changed. 

maroonsgotop
34 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Bookies have us at 6/1 to win in 90 mins so we are big underdogs but every dog can have it's day. Let's hope it's us next week 

Pans Jambo
36 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And if we'd won today and Wednesday you think we would win? 

Its all about confidence and momentum. You know this. A team winning regularly and confident are more likely to win again. A losing team less so. 
Its a fact. 

18 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

100%

I think some people would rather we threw the kitchen sink at todays game, flew into every tackle and sprinted for every loose ball, giving us a much higher chance of injuries.

All for the sake of winning 3 points that changes absolutely **** all, and doesn’t have any bearing on anything.

Honestly baffling.

I think some people myself included think that Robbie made a number of mistakes in his team selection.

Ok Boyce's injury was a bit of a freak however Robbie has admitted that Simms has been carrying a groin injury of late so why play him. 

He doesn't need the game time as do Souttar and Halkett especially as well as Smith and Devlin.

Devlin got a knock and never appeared for the second half and Souttar and Halkett got very little time.

Haring also got a knock and had to go off. Would this not have been a game to have played Woodburn, Mceneff (assuming fit) and maybe one of the youngsters?

It was not about winning three points but protecting important players and giving others valuable game time.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its all about confidence and momentum. You know this. A team winning regularly and confident are more likely to win again. A losing team less so. 
Its a fact. 

V the of that trend has little weight Tbh. 

Most of our wins v the of have cone in between a sequence of defeats, sometimes heavy defeats. 

Apart from when rangers were recovering as MK 2 there is little evidence or facts to support form helps or hinders us v the of. 

We were ten unbeaten then pumped at parkhead. 

When beat 5-1 of rangers  - we beat them twice, then in 98 got smashed of them every game but beat them in the final. 

The form or confidence has shown little to do with results v the OF tbh, if it did then Tbh we'd never beat them..they are generally better and been on better form all the time for the best part of 3 decades. 

Beating a Motherwell and rangers would change nothing, just like getting beat hasn't. 

Hopefully the team thinks like this or Tbh we'd be as well not turning up if based on confidence and form. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think some people myself included think that Robbie made a number of mistakes in his team selection.

Ok Boyce's injury was a bit of a freak however Robbie has admitted that Simms has been carrying a groin injury of late so why play him. 

He doesn't need the game time as do Souttar and Halkett especially as well as Smith and Devlin.

Devlin got a knock and never appeared for the second half and Souttar and Halkett got very little time.

Haring also got a knock and had to go off. Would this not have been a game to have played Woodburn, Mceneff (assuming fit) and maybe one of the youngsters?

It was not about winning three points but protecting important players and giving others valuable game time.

It's pretty obvious why the guys that played did. 

I'd much rather we found out this week rather than lose 2 or 3 players early in the final  as they hadn't played for a while or been tested. 

Players need a bit game time as well. 

Whatever the team selection was some folk  would have had an issue with it. 

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's pretty obvious why the guys that played did. 

I'd much rather we found out this week rather than lose 2 or 3 players early in the final  as they hadn't played for a while or been tested. 

Players need a bit game time as well. 

Whatever the team selection was some folk  would have had an issue with it. 

St Johnstone made 6 changes to their team today to protect their best players so they are available for what will be their biggest game of the season. Yes they lost 4 - 0 to a average Hibs team but Davidson will have told his players do your best today but our main aim is the play off to try and stay in the top league.

Robbie should have been doing the same to our team yesterday saying give it a go and show you are worthy of a place in the cup final team.

You are right in that some folk will always disagree with whatever team is selected but I just thought Robbie played some players yesterday that he didn't need to.

I think what yesterday showed is that we are way short of strength and depth in our current squad and really need to increase the size.

I know Robbie said he prefers quality over quantity but with 8 guaranteed European ties next season and a full league and cup fixture list then we really need a bigger squad.

It is a big ask to attract players especially if they are not going to be first choice picks but we need a better bench than we currently have.

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

V the of that trend has little weight Tbh. 

Most of our wins v the of have cone in between a sequence of defeats, sometimes heavy defeats. 

Apart from when rangers were recovering as MK 2 there is little evidence or facts to support form helps or hinders us v the of. 

We were ten unbeaten then pumped at parkhead. 

When beat 5-1 of rangers  - we beat them twice, then in 98 got smashed of them every game but beat them in the final. 

The form or confidence has shown little to do with results v the OF tbh, if it did then Tbh we'd never beat them..they are generally better and been on better form all the time for the best part of 3 decades. 

Beating a Motherwell and rangers would change nothing, just like getting beat hasn't. 

Hopefully the team thinks like this or Tbh we'd be as well not turning up if based on confidence and form. 

We drew 2 all at Ibrox in 97-98.

Hardly getting smashed. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

We drew 2 all at Ibrox in 97-98.

Hardly getting smashed. 

They hammered us at home twice iirc. 

We've also drawn at Ibrox this season. 

Original Point stands. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

St Johnstone made 6 changes to their team today to protect their best players so they are available for what will be their biggest game of the season. Yes they lost 4 - 0 to a average Hibs team but Davidson will have told his players do your best today but our main aim is the play off to try and stay in the top league.

Robbie should have been doing the same to our team yesterday saying give it a go and show you are worthy of a place in the cup final team.

You are right in that some folk will always disagree with whatever team is selected but I just thought Robbie played some players yesterday that he didn't need to.

I think what yesterday showed is that we are way short of strength and depth in our current squad and really need to increase the size.

I know Robbie said he prefers quality over quantity but with 8 guaranteed European ties next season and a full league and cup fixture list then we really need a bigger squad.

It is a big ask to attract players especially if they are not going to be first choice picks but we need a better bench than we currently have.

Disagree, some players needed game time. 

He'll already have his cup team in mind, imo yesterdays performance either way wouldn't have change that much if at all. 

Ofc we need a bigger squad if we want to improve  and after getting European footballi after  promotion I'm sure we will look at that, probably already are. 

That's not in dispute I don't think. 

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Disagree, some players needed game time. 

He'll already have his cup team in mind, imo yesterdays performance either way wouldn't have change that much if at all. 

Ofc we need a bigger squad if we want to improve  and after getting European footballi after  promotion I'm sure we will look at that, probably already are. 

That's not in dispute I don't think. 

I know but others should maybe not have been risked such as Simms and Haring.

I already said Smith, Halkett, Souttar and Devlin needed game time.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wavydavy said:

I know but others should maybe not have been risked such as Simms and Haring.

I already said Smith, Halkett, Souttar and Devlin needed game time.

Simms has been carry a niggle, so again needed game time, Haring I agree with. 

Boyce, McKay and Kingsley could have been rested as well but some players were rested on Wed. 

No really right or wrong thing to do, folk would moan either way. 

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They hammered us at home twice iirc. 

We've also drawn at Ibrox this season. 

Original Point stands. 

I'm not saying your point is wrong but why just make things up?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not saying your point is wrong but why just make things up?

They did hammer us. Both the of hammered us several times. 

Unsure of your point. 

If you think I Litterally meant hammered all 8 times then that is not what I meant, I don't think there has ever been a season where all 8 games have been lost heavily(  thought that was obvious) 

Never thought I'd need to explain that, but he ho. 

We did get hammered a few times from them that season. 

I think quite heavily by rangers not long before the final as well. 

We got there in the end, and my point still stands. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They did hammer us. Both the of hammered us several times. 

Unsure of your point. 

If you think I Litterally meant hammered all 8 times then that is not what I meant, I don't think there has ever been a season where all 8 games have been lost heavily(  thought that was obvious) 

Never thought I'd need to explain that, but he ho. 

We did get hammered a few times from them that season. 

I think quite heavily by rangers not long before the final as well. 

We got there in the end, and my point still stands. 

That is literally what you said though. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

That is literally what you said though. 

Most Hearts fans know we never got hammered in all 8 games. 

Glad that has been cleared up. 

Point still stands. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Most Hearts fans know we never got hammered in all 8 games. 

Glad that has been cleared up. 

Point still stands. 

You actually didn’t mention 8 games in your original post.

You said Rangers smashed us in "all 4 games" .

They didn't. 

Your original point may or may not stand but you're absolutely slavering here.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

You actually didn’t mention 8 games in your original post.

You said Rangers smashed us in "all 4 games" .

They didn't. 

Your original point may or may not stand but you're absolutely slavering here.

Ok, they beat us in 3, we drew 1.

The beat us heavily twice at home. 

Had no impact on the final. 

I expanded to all games v the OF as the "discussion" progressed. 

My original Point still stands regarding historic OF results and form having an impact on future Games v the OF, which includes rangers. 

Back full circle - IMO this week's result will have no bearing on the final. 

You are hard work, I remember why you were in ignore for a bit. 

Dull, boring and take things far too Litterally despite the obvious point being made. 

Neverforgetfiveone
On 14/05/2022 at 15:32, Jamhammer said:

Won’t somebody PLEASSSEEE think of the children!!

We’re playing one of the Old Firm in Glasgow. Head says loss.

HEART, and that’s what matters says they can be beaten

They will be tired

They will STILL be cocky

Work hard, get em chased and it’s possible 

You gotta believe

This 🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ok, they beat us in 3, we drew 1.

The beat us heavily twice at home. 

Had no impact on the final. 

I expanded to all games v the OF as the "discussion" progressed. 

My original Point still stands regarding historic OF results and form having an impact on future Games v the OF, which includes rangers. 

Back full circle - IMO this week's result will have no bearing on the final. 

You are hard work, I remember why you were in ignore for a bit. 

Dull, boring and take things far too Litterally despite the obvious point being made. 

If you don't want posts taken literally stop making up "facts".

And put me back on ignore if you like.

Edited by Hmfc1965

I’m happy to cast aside recent results and Imagine in my own head each player will be sharp in mind, work tirelessly and never switch off for one second next Saturday.  

The reality though is most teams are built by design over a season and are what they are.  We need to think and play like underdogs next week to give ourselves a platform early in the game. 

Shooter McGavin

It’s the day after and some people still haven’t grasped that a meaningless, end of season game with nothing to play for and a cup final are two different things.

Incredible.

portobellojambo1
On 14/05/2022 at 16:41, Sooperstar said:

Anyone who thinks any less of our chances for next week on the back of a meaningless end of season game is a bona fide idiot.

I may have to accept the tag of idiot although I really don't know how next week will pan out, but was really disappointed with what I saw yesterday, in fact have been a bit disappointed with what I've seen sincw the recent game up at Tannadice. While I don't for one second think we should win evert game at a canter he players who go on the pitch are professionals and as such should be looking to at the least play to the best of their ability, and at best win the games. I didn't know what I was expecting from the games post the semi final but I don't think I'm being unkind by saying that I was probably hoping to see some decent football , a few goals, just signs that everything is ticking over nicely for next week, with rhe team still performing well.But honesty is that we didn'd perform against Ross County at Tynecastle, despite an early goal we rolled over again at Parkhead, played for around 30-50 minutes at Motherwell, but lost again, and were brutal times yesterday, for the lasr 15 minutes their youth players were taking the piss out of the players we are counting, and again I never saw anything to suggest we were using it as a pracrtice match for next Saturday. I'vr read, mainly on here, that these recent matches are irrelevant and we are counting on the Europa League Final going to extra time and penalties, i.e. a bit similar to what Celtic fans were hoping for before the semi final against Rangers, but it didn't work. I'll still go rhrough next week in hope although it is only hope as I've seen nothing very recently to inspire confidence.

Edited by portobellojambo1

35 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I may have to accept the tag of idiot although I really don't know how next week will pan out, but was really disappointed with what I saw yesterday, in fact have been a bit disappointed with what I've seen sincw the recent game up at Tannadice. While I don't for one second think we should win evert game at a canter he players who go on the pitch are professionals and as such should be looking to at the least play to the best of their ability, and at best win the games. I didn't know what I was expecting from the games post the semi final but I don't think I'm being unkind by saying that I was probably hoping to see some decent football , a few goals, just signs that everything is ticking over nicely for next week, with rhe team still performing well.But honesty is that we didn'd perform against Ross County at Tynecastle, despite an early goal we rolled over again at Parkhead, played for around 30-50 minutes at Motherwell, but lost again, and were brutal times yesterday, for the lasr 15 minutes their youth players were taking the piss out of the players we are counting, and again I never saw anything to suggest we were using it as a pracrtice match for next Saturday. I'vr read, mainly on here, that these recent matches are irrelevant and we are counting on the Europa League Final going to extra time and penalties, i.e. a bit similar to what Celtic fans were hoping for before the semi final against Rangers, but it didn't work. I'll still go rhrough next week in hope although it is only hope as I've seen nothing very recently to inspire confidence.

What a ****ing horrendous though as its by you not unexpected post 🤣🤣🤣 at least you made me laugh so it wasnt a complete waste of the hour you prob took to write it🙈🙈🙈

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

What a ****ing horrendous though as its by you not unexpected post 🤣🤣🤣 at least you made me laugh so it wasnt a complete waste of the hour you prob took to write it🙈🙈🙈

On 14/05/2022 at 17:19, sadj said:

Dont mince yer words 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Weakened Offender
On 14/05/2022 at 16:49, Dsjambo said:

Remember 98, Rangers strolled to a 4-0 win in Georgie a week or two before the final and we all know what happened then. Today’s game means zero, if anything it might work to our advantage.

Prior to the 96 final we'd scudded them 3 zip at Ibroke and strolled to a 2-0 win at Tynecastle. Yesterday means nothing. 

OmiyaHearts

My expectations remain the same as they were before the split

It will take a huge effort, a fair ref, a poor rangers and a lot of luck, if we want to lift the cup.

We're massive underdogs, with little chance of victory. But we're in the final, so we have a better chance of winning it than any other team, except Rangers. I'll take that.

51 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You made me laugh because you said so eloquently what I thought too… He made me laugh for other reasons

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Possibly tying up the third place so early has taken the bite out of our post semi final performances. 

It's going to be difficult to step up the intensity after what has basically been a holiday. 

Just have to hope our lads can play to the best of their ability and leave nothing out on the pitch. 

If they give it their all then nobody will complain. We might be unhappy at the result but there should be no lack of effort . 

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Simms has been carry a niggle, so again needed game time, Haring I agree with. 

Boyce, McKay and Kingsley could have been rested as well but some players were rested on Wed. 

No really right or wrong thing to do, folk would moan either way. 

Sorry but i don't see your logic in this comment.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry but i don't see your logic in this comment.

He was getting a full game under his belt after being on the bench a few times as he was/ had been carrying a niggle. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Percival King
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Possibly tying up the third place so early has taken the bite out of our post semi final performances. 

It's going to be difficult to step up the intensity after what has basically been a holiday. 

Just have to hope our lads can play to the best of their ability and leave nothing out on the pitch. 

If they give it their all then nobody will complain. We might be unhappy at the result but there should be no lack of effort . 

Agreed, and not only have we had nothing to play for in terms of the league but each of our opponents prior to yesterday has had either the championship or a European place to play for (and hasn't had a cup final to perhaps save themselves for). 

10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He was getting a full game under his belt after being on the bench a few times as he was/ had been carrying a niggle. 

If the guy is nursing an injury prior to one of the most important games of our season why risk playing him? He still is carrying the niggle after playing which was the wrong thing to do.

I saw him holding his groin a few times not long after Boyce had his problem so to keep him on for as long as they did was risking him not being fit to take part at all on Saturday.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this topic otherwise we will still be going on about it on Saturday. 

I don't think any Jambos will be scared about Saturday.  Any final against OF is always a massive ask.   We need to play well, hope they are not quite at their best and get the big breaks in the game.  It's in the lap of the Gods.  

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

I don't think any Jambos will be scared about Saturday.  Any final against OF is always a massive ask.   We need to play well, hope they are not quite at their best and get the big breaks in the game.  It's in the lap of the Gods.  

This is where I’m at, no expectations. Show up, give it everything we’ve got and either become legends or fall short on the day. As always against the OF it’s a massive ask, ref and media will be against us as always but no excuses on the day. 

Nothing will top beating hibs in the final for me but for the older lads if rangers won the Europa and we go on and beat them to lift the cup. How would that compare to 98 final? Would it top it? 

Seymour M Hersh

If every player gives their absolute all on Saturday, leaving nothing on the park then that's al I can ask from them. If we get the break of the ball when it matters, then who knows. 

joondalupjambo
20 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

This is where I’m at, no expectations. Show up, give it everything we’ve got and either become legends or fall short on the day. As always against the OF it’s a massive ask, ref and media will be against us as always but no excuses on the day. 

Nothing will top beating hibs in the final for me but for the older lads if rangers won the Europa and we go on and beat them to lift the cup. How would that compare to 98 final? Would it top it? 

Exactly where I am at, bodies on the line, press, press early and see where it takes us.  None of this hold back and hold out nonsense, the hold out bit will come if are 1 up in the game with minutes to go.  We have to give it go like we did in the two finals against Celtic.  If we leave the pitch knowing we tried our best, it will still be a disappointment but way better than taking a humping.  Hearts are in this tie unless, and this is the unknown, there are too many players carrying injuries.  Saturday cannot come quick enough for me. 

Good question but still 98 for me.  My first game was the 1968 Cup Final versus Dunfermline and for the next 30 years we either suffered badly or were the nearly team.  It was the letting out of the pure raw emotions and relief that we had finally won something again as a club that year and also being able to say you at last supported a winning team.  It was the only game I shed a tear albeit I was close in 2012 but to be honest that result was a shoe in even before a ball was kicked so it was entirely different.  Rangers winning anything is meaningless to me in this modern era.  30 years of pain and suffering wiped out in 90 minutes in 1998, superb and beyond words at the time.  Think of the downs during that 30 years and it becomes clearer. 

Edited by joondalupjambo

Here's the difference,

Our 1st team boys out there were playing for a bit of fitness & game time. Their youngsters & fringe players out there (A good few of who look very very capable btw) were out to to prove they can hang at senior level with one of the best teams in the league, there was no point in us playing with that sort of intensity because it has no bearing on us. Can argue about team selection til the cows come home but the fact is that none of us know what happens behind the scenes & there will have been a reason to not rest Boyce, Simms, McKay etc

Bull's-eye

The club has fulfilled my expectations for the season already so I'm looking forward to a day out with the gang guzzling a few pints of foaming ale.

A win will enhance the experience, a defeat will sour it not a jot.

It's been a very good enjoyable season.

👍

PortyBeach
23 hours ago, sadj said:

If someone takes the time and effort to compose a post, mightn’t it be better - not to mention respectful - to address the points they’ve made?

22 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

If someone takes the time and effort to compose a post, mightn’t it be better - not to mention respectful - to address the points they’ve made?

No, thanks for playing though

PortyBeach
52 minutes ago, sadj said:

No, thanks for playing though

You don’t think it would be respectful? Why is that? 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Bitter and jealous #obos trippin’ over themselves to beat each other to what they believe to be the “funniest” wind up.

My team has a National Cup Final coming up this weekend so good luck trying to detract me from looking forward to that with high hopes.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 15/05/2022 at 14:17, wavydavy said:

What exactly did you expect him to do?

All the injured players needed some time - they didn’t all need to start the game though, which they didn’t 

You can’t start a final with half a team of crocks that have had no game time for 6 to 8 weeks FFS.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

No.

98 was our most important win of the modern era.

52 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

You don’t think it would be respectful? Why is that? 

No I don’t but thanks for playing