Expectations

pointon

Well if that that performance was designed to manage our expectations I applaud the management team and players job done 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• sadj

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Idle Talk

This last spell of games has, sadly, lowered my expectations for the final. 

The good fortune we had with injuries for most of the season has evaporated. It feels a bit like we are going in to this final like the walking wounded. No way is Craig Halkett going to be match fit next week. Nor John Souttar. Souttar hasn't got the minutes into his legs. Cammy Devlin can't be sharp at this point either. I see Boyce went off early today, I presume an injury? It's a nightmare. 

It also feels like we've lost some momentum. The last few games have been meaningless but it's not easy to play at less than 100% for a wee while then suddenly pick up your best form again. 

Worrying. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

Won’t somebody PLEASSSEEE think of the children!!

We’re playing one of the Old Firm in Glasgow. Head says loss.

HEART, and that’s what matters says they can be beaten

They will be tired

They will STILL be cocky

Work hard, get em chased and it’s possible 

You gotta believe

Riccarton3

I expect Hearts will be at Hampden and the Hibs in their beds. Or on here.

Edited by Riccarton3

Салатные палочки

This place is absolutely mental. 

I will be honest, I expected little from today, its all about next week and the performance mirrored that. 

I won't lose any sleep over this weeks game apart from the injury worries

Next week is ALL THAT MATTERS,  its been all that mattered since the semifinal

Sooperstar

Anyone who thinks any less of our chances for next week on the back of a meaningless end of season game is a bona fide idiot.

doctor jambo

We went against Celtic twice and nearly won whilst in horrendous form.

We are not in such form and are clearly coasting towards next week .

It will be different gravy then, no doubt.

Will we win? Not sure .

I suspect a lot rides on Wednesday 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

After the semi most people didn’t care - we were just chuffed to bits we’d beaten Hibs and guaranteed Europe.

Was always going to change as the game got closer.

Reality is with our injuries we don’t know where we are form and strongest team wise.

What will be will be folks.

Just have a great day out! Life is for living but you don’t always win.

Remember 98, Rangers strolled to a 4-0 win in Georgie a week or two before the final and we all know what happened then. Today’s game means zero, if anything it might work to our advantage.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Unsure if it is or there are few folk that don't like Bob just itching for some defeats so they can restart their nonsense. 

It's not even subtle anymore. 

Some posters barely say a peep until we get beat. 

Some go completely missing when we are winning. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We went against Celtic twice and nearly won whilst in horrendous form.

We are not in such form and are clearly coasting towards next week .

It will be different gravy then, no doubt.

Will we win? Not sure .

b5c75897c7497291152ccc5cdbcd4c5a--coronation-street-blog-kenneth-williams (1).jpg

I'm completely untroubled by today. It has no impact on next Saturday.

No more than Hearts 5 Rangers 0 would have.

We'll still go into the final as the same outsiders with the same chance of causing an upset.

Can't wait.

:robboyas:

37 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Anyone who thinks any less of our chances for next week on the back of a meaningless end of season game is a bona fide idiot.

Dont mince yer words 🤣🤣🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Remember 98, Rangers strolled to a 4-0 win in Georgie a week or two before the final and we all know what happened then. Today’s game means zero, if anything it might work to our advantage.

👍👍 close thread. Folk pishing their pants is fekin ridiculous 

48 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Dunno what this says about me but I read that sentence several times and put the word 'of' between 'lot' and 'rides' and wondered what that had to do with our Cup FInal chances :lol: 

In 1998 Hearts won 1 of the last 7 games that season then gave me my most favourite Hearts game ever that day at Parkhead - hope we win but what ever happens that day in May 1998 will never ever be beaten for everything - first trophy I'd seen weather amazing the Sunday was great too

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Dunno what this says about me but I read that sentence several times and put the word 'of' between 'lot' and 'rides' and wondered what that had to do with our Cup FInal chances :lol: 

It says that you read the sentence the same way I did.  👍

:biggrin:

The week before we pumped Hibs at Hampden, we got demolished 5-0 by Celtic. I remember the state of some of the posts on here. 

If Rangers winning 3-1 today in a dead rubber game gets their hopes up for next week, then fine. Hopefully they think that they just need to turn up. 

The Cup Final will be a totally different affair. 

No Idle Talk

I really hope we play 4-2-3-1 next week. I hate 3-4-3 against the Old Firm. Far too open. Hope Robbie was keeping his tactical cards close to his chest. 

I think that the management team and players have done a brilliant job this season. Obviously last season attracting players of any quality was tough because nobody decent wants to play in the Scottish Championship, and following promotion, I think players in the class that Robbie and Savage are targeting probably don't want to jump in with two feet to a newly promoted team that has been relegated twice in recent years - So building a team of real high quality will take time and can't be done in one season. You look at the current team and immediately can recognise the positions we need to recruit in, but I think we already have a very solid team against 9 clubs in the league. With a bit more depth and hopefully access to a higher standard as a result of Europe (both financially and the draw to play in Europe) we should see things continue to improve. 

One thing I want to say is that our last two defeats although dead rubber games I don't think have been good enough. I'm aware that if this was next season, we'd probably have the depth and quality to have won both games. 

All thoughts on next week now. Robbie and the lads have a chance to make themselves heroes. 

12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The week before we pumped Hibs at Hampden, we got demolished 5-0 by Celtic. I remember the state of some of the posts on here. 

If Rangers winning 3-1 today in a dead rubber game gets their hopes up for next week, then fine. Hopefully they think that they just need to turn up. 

Very true, think we all sort of (or should have!) saw the pumping coming from Celtic too. Lennon was very good at getting a reaction from his team so it was pretty inevitable. 

Edited by OTT

Getting beat today was shit and people now fearing a pasting next week.

What would be even more shit would be watching Hibernian trooping out for the final next week. 

You've got to be in it to win it. Yes we will be massive underdogs but it's 90 minutes where fate might shine fortunately on us. 

The hobos will still be bricking it in case we get lucky.

If we don't then it's been a step too far this season. But building blocks are very seriously in place for years to come. We are in a good place.

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We now know who isn't playing after today's performance. 

Other than Smith probably not playing, I’m not sure we do.  I suspect a lot will rest on what happens on the treatment table this week. 

Good workout.

Better than a day off or training.

The overall quality in the squad which people might be referencing is another question. Plenty time to debate that at least before the new signings roll in.

For me this squad has over achieved this season. And they can certainly over achieve again next Saturday.

Shooter McGavin
28 minutes ago, tian447 said:

100%

I think some people would rather we threw the kitchen sink at todays game, flew into every tackle and sprinted for every loose ball, giving us a much higher chance of injuries.

All for the sake of winning 3 points that changes absolutely **** all, and doesn’t have any bearing on anything.

Honestly baffling.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'm completely untroubled by today. It has no impact on next Saturday.

No more than Hearts 5 Rangers 0 would have.

We'll still go into the final as the same outsiders with the same chance of causing an upset.

Can't wait.

:robboyas:

:omfg:

Percival King

One of the great things about football, and supporting a team like Hearts, is the unpredictability of it. It's a boot in the nads when it goes against you (e.g. Brora, Forfar, numerous League Cup semis) but its magnificent when it goes for you (e.g. Bayern, Bordeaux, '98, 2012 semi). Whatever happened today, we were going to be second favourites for next week. I'm going spend the next week dreaming about a cup win and I’ll put my trust and faith in Robbie and the team to prepare the the third best team in the country well. 

Didn't expect much today so pleasantly surprised when we went ahead.

Players clearly had the final in their minds and didn't want to end up a doubt like Boyce. Had we had some more youth in the line up we might've done better.

It'll be a totally different level of performance next Saturday (I hope!)

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think that the management team and players have done a brilliant job this season. Obviously last season attracting players of any quality was tough because nobody decent wants to play in the Scottish Championship, and following promotion, I think players in the class that Robbie and Savage are targeting probably don't want to jump in with two feet to a newly promoted team that has been relegated twice in recent years - So building a team of real high quality will take time and can't be done in one season. You look at the current team and immediately can recognise the positions we need to recruit in, but I think we already have a very solid team against 9 clubs in the league. With a bit more depth and hopefully access to a higher standard as a result of Europe (both financially and the draw to play in Europe) we should see things continue to improve. 

One thing I want to say is that our last two defeats although dead rubber games I don't think have been good enough. I'm aware that if this was next season, we'd probably have the depth and quality to have won both games. 

All thoughts on next week now. Robbie and the lads have a chance to make themselves heroes. 

Fair and my concern is that today we were poor in possession. 

I wasn't expecting us to be chasing, tackling, going in for 50/50's and giving it all but in possession we were shite. 

Pass, move play some football. 

Also, swap out Smith who was struggling as expected and punt Sibbick we'd then improve quite a bit. 

Hopefully Devlin shows his form before the injury as opposed to the headless chicken that he was when he first arrived as well. 

He was progressing nicely. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Unfortunately too many of them on here today 

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Other than Smith probably not playing, I’m not sure we do.  I suspect a lot will rest on what happens on the treatment table this week. 

Halliday Halkett Souttar Devlin and Boyce. 

south morocco
9 minutes ago, Percival King said:

One of the great things about football, and supporting a team like Hearts, is the unpredictability of it. It's a boot in the nads when it goes against you (e.g. Brora, Forfar, numerous League Cup semis) but its magnificent when it goes for you (e.g. Bayern, Bordeaux, '98, 2012 semi). Whatever happened today, we were going to be second favourites for next week. I'm going spend the next week dreaming about a cup win and I’ll put my trust and faith in Robbie and the team to prepare the the third best team in the country well. 

Well said. I couldn’t make it today but it’s all about next week. You know it, I know it, the club especially knows it too. I’m taking my 12 year old to their first final and said, we aren’t favourites, might not win so don’t be too disappointed if we don’t, but if we manage to win it will be xxxxxxxing amazing. Here’s hoping 

Bunny Munro

Across the last two cup finals we've seen MacLean, Mulraney, White, Irving, Edwards, Frear run Celtic close. Craig bloody Wighton played in both of them.

We can win this.

AlphonseCapone

No point even playing next week now tbh. Just give them the trophy. Save us all the bother. 

Obviously not being serious because I'm not simple and can understand the difference between today and next week. 

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Boof said:

The wife was rangers , but even then I find any “rewards “ unlikely

We've operated on a nimble squad all season, and I think its one of the reasons we've been best of the rest. Too many players results in inconsistent performances.  So there wasn't really the option to rotate too heavily.  Our Reserves (under 18s) are no where near ready to be starting so literally just have our bench to rotate with. 

That being said it was silly to set up full strength today, gave Rangers a good look in person only a week before a final.  As said earlier, Boyce has been playing with niggles all season, he will probably start next week but will probably be playing through pain. Should have been rested along with Simms today.

If we got humped 5-0 with a heavily rotated squad we would all feel much better than going full strength watching the boys going through the motions and getting scudded by their reserves.  No doubt next week the attitude will be different but today was a big OG from Neilson.

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

No point even playing next week now tbh. Just give them the trophy. Save us all the bother. 

Obviously not being serious because I'm not simple and can understand the difference between today and next week. 

Ol’ Capone gets it

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Its brutal. Mind we won the cup in 98 and were shit before the final? I rest your honour

7 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

We've operated on a nimble squad all season, and I think its one of the reasons we've been best of the rest. Too many players results in inconsistent performances.  So there wasn't really the option to rotate too heavily.  Our Reserves (under 18s) are no where near ready to be starting so literally just have our bench to rotate with. 

That being said it was silly to set up full strength today, gave Rangers a good look in person only a week before a final.  As said earlier, Boyce has been playing with niggles all season, he will probably start next week but will probably be playing through pain. Should have been rested along with Simms today.

If we got humped 5-0 with a heavily rotated squad we would all feel much better than going full strength watching the boys going through the motions and getting scudded by their reserves.  No doubt next week the attitude will be different but today was a big OG from Neilson.

do you think that’s how we will set up and who we will play next week ? Seriously ? 🤣🤣🤣

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Its brutal. Mind we won the cup in 98 and were shit before the final? I rest your honour

Mind that time when we got beat 5-0, the next week we won the Scottish cup 5-1

3 hours ago, rory78 said:

In 1998 Hearts won 1 of the last 7 games that season then gave me my most favourite Hearts game ever that day at Parkhead - hope we win but what ever happens that day in May 1998 will never ever be beaten for everything - first trophy I'd seen weather amazing the Sunday was great too

This.

I mind my wife asking  in 98 why I was traipsing through to the weege again seeing as Rangers had beaten us in the two previous finals over the previous two years.

I didn't listen to her then and still sling her a deafy to this day.

We will win.

6 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

This.

I mind my wife asking  in 98 why I was traipsing through to the weege again seeing as Rangers had beaten us in the two previous finals over the previous two years.

We will win.

👍

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

This.

We will win.

:yas:

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The team we had out was strong, rangers very much had a B team out plus kids.

Some effort from us would have been nice.

Standing off and making them look like world beaters.

Rangers now know that they can focus on europe as their 2nd string pisses all over us.

Not good.