• sadj

• McCrae

• stevie1874

• Don Dan

Top Posters In This Topic

PortonianJambo
28 minutes ago, PortonianJambo said:

6 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Thought Ginnelly was good when he came on.  Should start next week.

His speed is his asset.His crossing is woeful.Worse than woeful actually.What’s the point in going past a defender, getting into a great position, and failing to cross an even half-decent ball?Our forwards are not 15 feet tall, nor are the ones we have at the corner flag,where JG’s crosses end up.Fires them too high, or they don’t get off the ground.A professional footballer….don’t make me laugh…🤬

jambogirlglasgow
5 minutes ago, PortonianJambo said:

His speed is his asset.His crossing is woeful.Worse than woeful actually.What’s the point in going past a defender, getting into a great position, and failing to cross an even half-decent ball?Our forwards are not 15 feet tall, nor are the ones we have at the corner flag,where JG’s crosses end up.Fires them too high, or they don’t get off the ground.A professional footballer….don’t make me laugh…🤬

Hard to remember another player who so consistently takes the wrong option. Then on the rare occasion he takes the right option his composure deserts him. Beyond frustrating. 

wattie exploited
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Yes they have all been meaningless since the Semi. Against United we played with a bit more freedom and knew we had a month. Since then its been more and more protect the players and get to next Saturday. Anyone frothing themselves off in a fury over the results or performance since the split is an idiot as has been pointed out on here by many people many times 

right then the last 3 games we have been shit!!!!!!!

meaningless only in the fact nothing is at stake points wise but not meaningless when you put on that hearts shirt we expect better than what we have got !

perhaps some people on here think its ok we have a final coming up thats great !!!!!!!

but if you think its acceptable the performance of the last 3 games then your having a laugh !!!!!:rifle:

stevie1874
3 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Hard to remember another player who so consistently takes the wrong option. Then on the rare occasion he takes the right option his composure deserts him. Beyond frustrating. 

I would say no more than Boyce

JamboNation

A game we had to get through.

if we won 3-1 today it would have counted for nothing next week  , Final takes care of itself ,  confident that group will leave everything on the pitch and come home with no regrets 👊

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

I’m the same, looks like he’s wearing divers boots sometimes when he receives the ball and tends to get caught on the ball at least once a game. Hopefully with a full preseason and regular games he’ll cut out the brain farts. 

Aye really hoping after a preseason he'll be looking a bit more like the player we want to see. 

For anyone bitching about losing to a Sevco team with a bunch of youngsters in it: 20 years ago we lost a similar end-of season game 4-1 at home to a Celtic youth team, after they had already tied up the title. Simon Lynch and a young Sean Maloney scored twice each. Meant nothing then, means nothing now.

2 hours ago, PortonianJambo said:

Who else has been scoring goals lately?   The guy has came in and given his all, but you’d expect that anyway. But my point is more in how he approaches games.  

He keeps going, he fights hard.  We need that next week. Some other players in the team get lavished praise week after week but many overlook their flaws. 

We need fighters next week as much as inventiveness but the latter won’t come if we don’t fight for it to happen. 

Frustratingly for many Hearts fans, Ginnelly will start next week. 

ford donald
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Trying my best not to rush a judgement on Sibbick but finding it harder and harder. 

Agree,lacking pace badly,not sure he is at the level needed.

Ex member of the SaS

I do find it strange that nearly every post is calling this a nothing game yet players are being slated. For me Ginnelly played ok and better than some. But to slate him when he was ( according to some ) playing at half speed ( as were the whole team ) seems very odd.

As for the game I think it would have done our confidence more good to put out the recently returning players and some fringe players and to hell with the result. First team players losing to youths so close to a big game can't be good and I am sure a phycologist would agree. 

I don't see the point in risking top players against youths and we were lucky only Boyce was hurt. Resting players would have had a much better result than the downer of losing to a second string.

Turkishcap

No surprise Hearts didnt rip into this game with all guns blazing, bad enough Boyce went off how many more injuries could we sustain just put on a show one week from a final?

I was peed off at the result as much as anyone but no surprise the foot has come off the gas a bit, hopefully we will see the real team on Saturday.

Edited by Turkishcap

FoH forever

Putting out the theory we've actually being playing badly on instruction, to save the money from the win bonuses from league games into a big cup final win bonus. 

Gives a better reason than some have been freaking out over. 

For the 30 odd years I've supported Hearts, wins against Old Firm comes down to playing with intensity, luck/decisions going in our favour and them having an off day.

Considering we haven't had that in our last few encounters against them, aren't we due it now? 

12 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

meaningless only in the fact nothing is at stake points wise but not meaningless when you put on that hearts shirt we expect better than what we have got !

perhaps some people on here think its ok we have a final coming up thats great !!!!!!!

but if you think its acceptable the performance of the last 3 games then your having a laugh !!!!!:rifle:

Whatever Wattie 🙈 I dont give a **** how the last 5 games have gone. Weve played some decent football at times, however we have had zero intensity and zero physicality and rightly so. Its important to manage things and we have. I expect to win every game. Did when I played, have as a supporter since I first went to a game. I never accept losing but I can understand playing as Iv described above. 

Will managing things as we have work, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

However its same ****ing clueless people going on the same way they do all the time. Its boring and pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I do find it strange that nearly every post is calling this a nothing game yet players are being slated. For me Ginnelly played ok and better than some. But to slate him when he was ( according to some ) playing at half speed ( as were the whole team ) seems very odd.

As for the game I think it would have done our confidence more good to put out the recently returning players and some fringe players and to hell with the result. First team players losing to youths so close to a big game can't be good and I am sure a phycologist would agree. 

I don't see the point in risking top players against youths and we were lucky only Boyce was hurt. Resting players would have had a much better result than the downer of losing to a second string.

Not one player who was involved yesterday will lose confidence at the result. What downer? Yours? 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Whatever Wattie 🙈 I dont give a **** how the last 5 games have gone. Weve played some decent football at times, however we have had zero intensity and zero physicality and rightly so. Its important to manage things and we have. I expect to win every game. Did when I played, have as a supporter since I first went to a game. I never accept losing but I can understand playing as Iv described above. 

Will managing things as we have work, who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

However its same ****ing clueless people going on the same way they do all the time. Its boring and pathetic. 

I agree with this I expect to win every game. Did when I played, have as a supporter since I first went to a game. I never accept losing but I can understand playing as Iv described above. :rifle:

15 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Winning, of course, is great.

The bigger picture in this scenario though, is avoiding injuries and getting certain players fit for the Final.

You seem to be blinded by that, Wattie.

No doubt you'll now make another comment about your life versus my life.

That's fine, go right ahead. :thumbsup:

Maple Leaf
On 14/05/2022 at 09:13, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 6 - Not at fault for the goals

Smith - 4 - Poor defending contributed to two goals

Kingsley - 5 - Tangled up with Smith giving them a free header. Not his best game

Sibbick - 4 - Cannot start next week

Haring - 7 - MoM. Peach of a finish

Cochrane - 6 - Probably our best defender in a shocking defensive performance. Still can't cross the road though

McKay - 6 - Not his day but still the only player who looked capable of creating something

Devlin - 4 - One good tackle amongst a constant giveaway of possession

Simms - 5 - At least he looked like he cared

Boyce - 2 - We need him next week. Fingers crossed

Mackay-Steven - 4 - Hopefully his last appearance in maroon

Subs:

Ginnelly - 4 - Poor

Atkinson - 4 - Will start next week

Souttar - 2 - Meh

Halliday - 2 - Meh

Halkett - 1 - Training exercise

Yesterday was the first game I've missed all season.  Your ratings make me pleased that I did.

wattie exploited
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Winning, of course, is great.

The bigger picture in this scenario though, is avoiding injuries and getting certain players fit for the Final.

You seem to be blinded by that, Wattie.

No doubt you'll now make another comment about your life versus my life.

That's fine, go right ahead. :thumbsup:

not blinded by that at all I just see it differently from you it no big deal 👍

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

not blinded by that at all I just see it differently from you it no big deal 👍

Right, so if it’s ‘no big deal’ why, Walt, did you make reference to my life in your post last Wednesday at 23.39?