Match ratings in the joke shop effort of a last game

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Thought Ginnelly was good when he came on.  Should start next week.

Sorry, one good run in the first half, the rest of the time he didn’t have a clue what to do! He’s got pace, I will give you that, but zero composure or awareness! No sign of any improvement since he joined us.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• McCrae

• stevie1874

• Don Dan

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Was as bad as GMS today, at least GMS looks interested. 

Ginnelly has no football ability, but he does have raw pace. Too often he has the defender beaten and then he will turn back. 

Neither player is good enough for next season. 

Agree, no composure or awareness and completely anonymous in the second half - bit part player at best but NEVER a regular!

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, Holtie said:

Sorry, one good run in the first half, the rest of the time he didn’t have a clue what to do! He’s got pace, I will give you that, but zero composure or awareness! No sign of any improvement since he joined us.

Still a better option than Boyce.

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

You may well laugh but that is the reality of where we are at. 

I shall and it really isnt. However you believe what you want and ill keep laughing at ridiculous over reactions such as yours. 

whatever happens next week will not have a ****ing thing to do with today. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Still a better option than Boyce.

Don’t know how you can say that Boyce, at least, has a footballing brain. I accept his form has been poor over the past few months but I don’t think he is fit……and today won’t have helped! Ideally I wouldn’t start either of them but what option do we have?

Was getting pumped by celtic a meaningless game? Or losing to Motherwell just a warm up for the final? Maybe we dhould have played our under 18s just to make sure we got no injuries for the final 🤔

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

👏👏

only thing I’d maybe disagree about is Boyce, again far too slow in thinking what to do when he receives the ball. Few big decisions for the management to make next week as I think this game is coming a few weeks to soon for a few out there today. Maybe fit bit rusty and not match fit. Hopefully one big game left from a few tired legs 👍

Boyce was only on 12 minutes and for 2 of them he was holding his groin. 

It's difficult to draw conclusions on how his today performance would have panned out otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Was getting pumped by celtic a meaningless game? Or losing to Motherwell just a warm up for the final? Maybe we dhould have played our under 18s just to make sure we got no injuries for the final 🤔

Yes they have all been meaningless since the Semi. Against United we played with a bit more freedom and knew we had a month. Since then its been more and more protect the players and get to next Saturday. Anyone frothing themselves off in a fury over the results or performance since the split is an idiot as has been pointed out on here by many people many times 

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yes they have all been meaningless since the Semi. Against United we played with a bit more freedom and knew we had a month. Since then its been more and more protect the players and get to next Saturday. Anyone frothing themselves off in a fury over the results or performance since the split is an idiot as has been pointed out on here by many people many times 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

stevie1874
14 minutes ago, Holtie said:

Showed plenty composure last week in front of goal? Our neighbours once had a player with serious pace with not much end product, they played to his strengths and said player   Sorely missed now. He’s no world beater at this point in his hearts career and I’m not advocating building our team around him but he’s shown flashes of what he can do. 

1 minute ago, Henroddy said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🫠

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

The state of folk 🤣🤣🤣 it meant f all today. Jesus H Christ some people need a ride

Need more than a ride 🤣🤣🤣 ****ing idiots. Honest to ****. How some people manage to function day to day is beyond me

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gordon - 6 - Not at fault for the goals

Smith - 4 - Poor defending contributed to two goals

Kingsley - 5 - Tangled up with Smith giving them a free header. Not his best game

Sibbick - 4 - Cannot start next week

Haring - 7 - MoM. Peach of a finish

Cochrane - 6 - Probably our best defender in a shocking defensive performance. Still can't cross the road though

McKay - 6 - Not his day but still the only player who looked capable of creating something

Devlin - 4 - One good tackle amongst a constant giveaway of possession

Simms - 5 - At least he looked like he cared

Boyce - 2 - We need him next week. Fingers crossed

Mackay-Steven - 4 - Hopefully his last appearance in maroon

Subs:

Ginnelly - 4 - Poor

Atkinson - 4 - Will start next week

Souttar - 2 - Meh

Halliday - 2 - Meh

Halkett - 1 - Training exercise

Stop being an arse it was a dead rubber we should have put out our weakest team we’ll hump them next week 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

I thought today was useful.

Souttar, Halkett, and Devlin got some valuable playing time before the final.

GMS did not do enough to merit a start next week.

Sibbick did fine when playing centre half.

Smith is off the pace and a bench place for him.

Atkinson another weak game…bench for him. 

Can see us playing  4 4 2 next week.

Souttar seemed reasonably sharp and may be a possibility for next week.

Devlin is very rusty and probably behind Haring/Halliday in the pecking order unless we play a 3 man central midfield.

Smith was basically a maroon shirted traffic cone and is a bench option at best next week.

Halkett has had a magnificent year but looked like he was a towing a caravan this afternoon… he is a million miles from being match fit for next week and should concentrate on recovering fully for next season.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Who you playing at right back next week then?

I would play Souttar there, Sibbick and Halkett in the middle and Kingsley on the left.

48 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Boyce was only on 12 minutes and for 2 of them he was holding his groin. 

It's difficult to draw conclusions on how his today performance would have panned out otherwise.

Was it not a hamstring injury?

31 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Halkett has had a magnificent year but looked like he was a towing a caravan this afternoon… he is a million miles from being match fit for next week and should concentrate on recovering fully for next season.

This is my concern as well… if he is not fit I would go a back three, Souttar, Sibbick and Kingsley.

Paul Shark
3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Boring thread. Objective was to get through the game giving minutes to those who needed them with no injuries which obviously excluding Boyce worked. Neilson made that pretty clear pre match. 

Dead rubber move on. 

Could we have played 3 or 4 young boys today, given them a bit of experience ? Instead of risking injury to some of next Saturdays starters.

1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

Who we going to play rwb?

I wouldn’t play a RWB… 

My RB would be Souttar.

If Halkett not fit .. I would just have Sibbick in the centre and Kingsley on the left.

Bunny Munro
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I wouldn’t play a RWB… 

My RB would be Souttar.

If Halkett not fit .. I would just have Sibbick in the centre and Kingsley on the left.

If that's the back 4 Sibbick would be RB with Souttar CB.

But I thought Atkinson was ok today. 🤷‍♂️

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Could we have played 3 or 4 young boys today, given them a bit of experience ? Instead of risking injury to some of next Saturdays starters.

I would’ve

24 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I would play Souttar there, Sibbick and Halkett in the middle and Kingsley on the left.

Ok. That’s erm, different. 

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

That’s no strictly true. What it did show that Rangers have a very good squad and some very good young players. 

Yep that is where was at after the game thinking it through.  If we want to do league and Europe next season and beyond it showed me we need to try and improve the squad to at least be able to compete twice a week, for longish periods.  Think we are miles off being able to do that but we are on the ladder at least.  Rangers and Celtic, we can never copy due to finances obviously but they are the template we need to aim for.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I shall and it really isnt. However you believe what you want and ill keep laughing at ridiculous over reactions such as yours. 

Defeatist mentality is being allowed to infiltrate the minds of our players who haven’t turned up in the past 3 games. Imo 

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

No need to give points ratings in a match like this - however it should be a matter of concern for Robbie and the players how much better Rangers youngsters were at passing &  moving forward than we were.

If this is what having a colts team playing every week does to prepare your youngsters for 1st team football, we definitely need one too.  Hate to say it, but they had some right good young players today.

It's not hard doing that when nobody is willing to put in a tough challenge on them in case they injure themselves.

If that game had been in January with the same players the Rangers colts would have had a few tough tackles put in on them and they wouldn't have had the same room to play.

Just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yep that is where was at after the game thinking it through.  If we want to do league and Europe next season and beyond it showed me we need to try and improve the squad to at least be able to compete twice a week, for longish periods.  Think we are miles off being able to do that but we are on the ladder at least.  Rangers and Celtic, we can never copy due to finances obviously but they are the template we need to aim for.

We can’t compete in the transfer market but we should be able to bring through young talent - they had quite a few youngsters on the park that held their own against pretty much our first team.

Our academy has frankly been a disappointment in recent years.

AlphonseCapone

Trying my best not to rush a judgement on Sibbick but finding it harder and harder. 

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Trying my best not to rush a judgement on Sibbick but finding it harder and harder. 

Get rid.

WheatfieldWarrior
51 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Was it not a hamstring injury?

I'm just going by what I saw on Hearts TV - you may well have better information than me.

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We can’t compete in the transfer market but we should be able to bring through young talent - they had quite a few youngsters on the park that held their own against pretty much our first team.

They'll be releasing quite a few next week. 

28 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Ok. That’s erm, different. 

Smith is not up to speed and Atkinson is a liability.

joondalupjambo
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yeah we need a mix and defo a couple from a home grown route.  Of course until we bank Euro money over a period of time we cannot compete in the transfer market but we should be able to maybe pay a bit better and that could prove another successful option.  We just need another local Robbo😃

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Smith is not up to speed and Atkinson is a liability.

Its not going to happen, though, is it? Atkinson will play as wing back

37 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

If that's the back 4 Sibbick would be RB with Souttar CB.

But I thought Atkinson was ok today. 🤷‍♂️

Sibbick plays better in the middle than he does RB. Recently has played well in that position and was doing fine today before he was switched to midfield.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Its not going to happen, though, is it? Atkinson will play as wing back

He is our weak link.

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Sibbick plays better in the middle than he does RB. Recently has played well in that position and was doing fine today before he was switched to midfield.

I might be mistaken, but hasn't Sibbick only played RB in a back 4 once? For the last 15 or so up at tannadice?

I agree in a back 3 he looks better centrally than at RCB.

2 hours ago, Holtie said:

Great chance for him today but failed the test. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
4 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Do you think we will suddenly improve massively next week?

I don’t I’m afraid 

I do! I REALLY do! Bring em on, we are doing this! 

This game was so significant to me that when I wakened I forgot we had been playing.  Watched around 20 minutes of the boring billionaires FA Cup final before I remembered.

The split has all been about prepartion for our final and if we turn up in the 1st half, we win.

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Defeatist mentality is being allowed to infiltrate the minds of our players who haven’t turned up in the past 3 games. Imo 

Absolute shite you are talking. There will be no defeatist mentality from the last three games never mind one being “allowed yo infiltrate the minds of the players”. Its been training exercises since the split. If you believe otherwise on ya go, just shows your mentality and thought process and lack of football knowledge. Enjoy your night 🇱🇻 🤘🏻

2 hours ago, sadj said:

True , in one respect, but this is professional level and most things are achieved by design. 

I suppose from our perspective there’s much to make up for.  Has it been the perfect calculation by RN to play low key, risk defeats (which we now have in the last 3 games) therefore banishing any complacency ahead of next week?   Im not so sure but that’s the way it’s been built up by the fans. 

We remember Sergio before the 2012 final mocking Hibs theory of winning bringing more pressure.  I imagine Rangers are in the same place. 

We have a to get our heads right next week big time.  

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

True , in one respect, but this is professional level and most things are achieved by design. 

I suppose from our perspective there’s much to make up for.  Has it been the perfect calculation by RN to play low key, risk defeats (which we now have in the last 3 games) therefore banishing any complacency ahead of next week?   Im not so sure but that’s the way it’s been built up by the fans. 

We remember Sergio before the 2012 final mocking Hibs theory of winning bringing more pressure.  I imagine Rangers are in the same place. 

We have a to get our heads right next week big time.  

I dont think its anything to do with complacency at all. Nor the idea of anything to do with Rangers and winning bringing more pressure. Its been clear since United the intensity hasn’t  been there and the physicality hasn’t. We had to manage the walking wounded through and keep things ticking over until next week for the final and Id imagine as you say everything has been by design. The heads will be in the right place on Saturday and whatever happens will bit have had anything to do with the last 5games.

Edited by sadj

PortonianJambo
4 hours ago, McCrae said:

Why play Boyce, McKay, Simms and Haring. 

They didn’t need this today. Why risk injuries to key players - this disappoints me most about today.

This is a good Rangers side we are playing - not world beaters but good. We need our strongest 11 available 

PortonianJambo
5 hours ago, McCrae said:

4 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Who we going to play rwb?

stevie1874
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I’m the same, looks like he’s wearing divers boots sometimes when he receives the ball and tends to get caught on the ball at least once a game. Hopefully with a full preseason and regular games he’ll cut out the brain farts. 

PortonianJambo
Just now, PortonianJambo said:

What game were you at, mate?Couldn’t have been at Tynie.Atkinson was one of our better players when he came on.Tried to create, overlapped, etc.Would play him before Smith in the Final.Smith has been a great servant, but sorry,a game too far from him at RB.Possibly CB, but even then, looked as though he’d be toiling.Sibbick did fine? Laughable.Thinks he’s bloody Van Dyke at the back.Couldn’t tackle a fish supper, tackles with the wrong foot,can’t head a ball,hangs back when anything goes in the box,had a cracking shot near the end, I’ll grant you, but he’s not in the team to score. Bomb scare anytime he’s near the ball.Where was he at first goal….where was any defender?Why did RN not play Souttar and/or Halkett on Wednesday v Motherwell?Game time - instead of 10/15 minutes they got today?