Lap of Honour

Thought Police

Thought Police

Tomorrow is obviously the last game of the season and with it comes the usual "please stay to let the players show their appreciation for your support" lap.

In the past this has gone down like a lead balloon because - quite frankly - some of our performances at the end of the season have been woeful. However, would be good to see as many people as possible stay an extra 10 minutes to give the boys a good send-off before the cup final. Regardless of result tomorrow, I think the players have earned that.

Naturally, people may need to run off for other commitments or trains etc. before anyone jumps in.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• jr ewing

• Paul Shark

• cookieboy

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Tomorrow is obviously the last game of the season and with it comes the usual "please stay to let the players show their appreciation for your support" lap.

In the past this has gone down like a lead balloon because - quite frankly - some of our performances at the end of the season have been woeful. However, would be good to see as many people as possible stay an extra 10 minutes to give the boys a good send-off before the cup final. Regardless of result tomorrow, I think the players have earned that.

Naturally, people may need to run off for other commitments or trains etc. before anyone jumps in.

Agreed. Probably better if they stayed on the pitch and did it right after the final whistle though. 

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Agreed. Probably better if they stayed on the pitch and did it right after the final whistle though. 

Yeah, surely their kids can just be passed over the barrier too.

Rick James

I'll be sticking around. I hope there's as many there as possible to give the lads one last big send off before the final. Make it clear to them what it means to us. 

42 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Absolutely - can’t understand why they want to go back into the dressing room and appear again 10 minutes later! 🤷‍♂️

gordiegords

Absolutely staying back, they deserve it. 

just bought my first season ticket too 😄😀

I’ll stay back. The pub can wait. It’s been a fantastic effort and to get 3rd by a country mile and European group football is brilliant

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I'll wait for the lap of honour with the cup next week.

I was just thinking that. I remember the last game in '98 the guy who sat next to me said "**** this, I'm off. I'll wait til next week when they're parading the cup". 

You never know how profound they words are. 

Silvery_Moon
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I was just thinking that. I remember the last game in '98 the guy who sat next to me said "**** this, I'm off. I'll wait til next week when they're parading the cup". 

You never know how profound they words are. 

I'm normally a very pessimistic so and so but just have a slight belief we can sneak it next week.

No idea why as our performances in Glasgow haven't been that great - 1-1 draw at Ibrox apart.

The joys of being a Hearts fan!

Sierra Delta

As others have said it's an opportunity to thank the players for their efforts this season, but also give a bit of encouragement ahead of next weekend. I'll be sticking around. 

Percival King

Funnily enough, the Hibs fans are having a similar debate albeit the phrase "lap of honour" wasn't used.

Great OP. Since 2016, other than starting 2018/19 on fire, Hearts have pretty much been a let down, especially in the run in. These guys deserve a good show of appreciation from the support tomorrow for a great (potentially excellent) season. 
If you can manage a minutes applause for Davie’s Gran’s dog, you can surely spare a minute at the end of tomorrow? 

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Absolutely - can’t understand why they want to go back into the dressing room and appear again 10 minutes later! 🤷‍♂️

Agree entirely.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I am sure it has something to do with the referee and officials being the last people to leave the field at the end of the match, that is officially the end of the match etc.

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, Percival King said:

Funnily enough, the Hibs fans are having a similar debate albeit the phrase "lap of honour" wasn't used.

I think perhaps the 'slow hand clap' would be more appropriate at Fester Road.

I'm going to stay. Hopefully most will. The team/management have given us great season. 

Well deserved.

Jamstomorrow

Whether Hearts win, lose or draw tomorrow, a show of appreciation for a successful season is not too much to ask.

My half sister

Yes I agree and I will delay my trip to the pub so that I can cheer the team and thank them for their efforts.  

I would have stayed behind, but it's Penicuik Athletic v Linlithgow Rose at 2.30pm.  Penicuik have a chance to win the league, so I'll be bolting early.

I'll clap the lap of honour next week, when we win the cup.

Francis Albert

If Hearts TV show it I will watch it. Agree it should be immediate not after the players disappear into the dressing rooms. They don't at the cup final do they?

Granddaughter can't make it tomorrow as she's playing away at Ayr United. would I be wrong to take her " Give me your top please Craig Gordon " sign that she made and has shown him numerous times to no avail ?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
3 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Granddaughter can't make it tomorrow as she's playing away at Ayr United. would I be wrong to take her " Give me your top please Craig Gordon " sign that she made and has shown him numerous times to no avail ?

Make another to attach at the bottom, much bigger letters, saying "For my grandaughter".

Might tug his Heart-strings.

1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Make another to attach at the bottom, much bigger letters, saying "For my grandaughter".

Might tug his Heart-strings.

good idea mate 

Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Great OP. Since 2016, other than starting 2018/19 on fire, Hearts have pretty much been a let down, especially in the run in. These guys deserve a good show of appreciation from the support tomorrow for a great (potentially excellent) season. 
If you can manage a minutes applause for Davie’s Gran’s dog, you can surely spare a minute at the end of tomorrow? 

Fir fecks sake I didnt know that. So sad. 

4 hours ago, Percival King said:

Walk of Shame is more appropriate!

29 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Fir fecks sake I didnt know that. So sad. 

Davie’s distraught, mate. 😢

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

I would have stayed behind, but it's Penicuik Athletic v Linlithgow Rose at 2.30pm.  Penicuik have a chance to win the league, so I'll be bolting early.

I'll clap the lap of honour next week, when we win the cup.

Nah! Tranent have it nailed!

jambogirlglasgow
14 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

It’s not even his dog..🤷🏼‍♀️

Carl Fredrickson
22 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

It’s not even his dog..🤷🏼‍♀️

You are heartless mate

36 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I am away to get a candle. 

jambogirlglasgow
16 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

You are heartless mate

I am away to get a candle. 

I’m all Heart 

2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

good idea mate 

Yes, but there’s a few of them.  My grandson has been trying all season as well. Got very close at Livi and Auchinleck, but not close enough. Keep trying, he eventually got lucky in recent game. 

Can we also throw some applause towards Glasgow Rangers FC for their efforts and achievements* in Europe this season. 

Extra time and penalties please. 

* for busting a gut to get to the final. 

13 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Whether Hearts win, lose or draw tomorrow, a show of appreciation for a successful season is not too much to ask.

Great post👍

Fxxx the SPFL
14 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

👍

been here before

They're going in and coming out again.

I look foward to the rage on here about the folk who, like myself, will leave at full time.

22 hours ago, Thought Police said:

The club deserves it - so much progress in such little time. 

Given the resources, I don't think you could realistically ask for more. A trophy is deserved, I just really hope we lift that cup next weekend and underline where the club is and where it is now going. 

8 hours ago, dannymack said:

Can we also throw some applause towards Glasgow Rangers FC for their efforts and achievements* in Europe this season. 

Extra time and penalties please. 

* for busting a gut to get to the final. 

My best mate is a Villa fan (and adopted Jambo) and played semi-pro as a "tough uncompromising defender" for a good few years. He wrote me a note on WhatsApp which had a beautiful turn of phrase. It went like this: 

"Hopefully you can put a few reducers in the week before as well."

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

My best mate is a Villa fan (and adopted Jambo) and played semi-pro as a "tough uncompromising defender" for a good few years. He wrote me a note on WhatsApp which had a beautiful turn of phrase. It went like this: 

"Hopefully you can put a few reducers in the week before as well."

Rangers might have 2 players in the entire squad today who will feature in the cup final

Lap of honour 🤣🤣🤣

Pass. Sat through 90mins of non trying pish so think I've earned the right to skip this.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Lap of honour 🤣🤣🤣

Pass. Sat through 90mins of non trying pish so think I've earned the right to skip this.

I managed 80.