***** Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread *****

cookieboy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, looked pretty clear that’s what was going on.  Usually Devlin would be the joker during a lap of honour. 

To be honest Halliday has looked way more ready for a start the last couple of weeks.

Didnt think I’d say this 6 weeks ago but my starting midfield 2 would be Haring and Halliday.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

20 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Spot on.

Any one found out to be doing this should have their own ticket cancelled

17 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Didn't look to me like a team very low on confidence and there's no reason why they should be very low on confidence, I think our squad are tougher than that. If there was little desire then it was caused by saving themselves for the main event. 

I'm no more and no less confident about next week after today's game.

This is where I am.

it’s a big ask but, TBH 1998 was a bigger one 

Shooter McGavin

Theres plenty of demand for final tickets right now, can those that have thrown the towel in already please give their tickets to someone else.

Don’t want to be stood beside s****bags when we play them in the final.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He certainly knew how to beat rangers 😂😂😂😂

or st midden.🙁

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This has been a huge mistake by Robbie, Playing our first team and losing to an under 18's side is nothing short of a disaster. Yes there are places up for grabs but our first team SHOULD be blowing them away, but have shown nothing. Dismissing this as a nothing game is also wrong as we have shown our hand, a nothing game would have been our reserves and those coming back from injury. Our only hope is their first team is totally nackered but then all he has to do is play the under 18's and we will once again struggle.

Give it a rest. None of Rangers u18 squad were involved in todays game. Todays squad did include 6 or 7 internationalists which is  similar to our starting 11 today.  They all had something to play for ie impress the manager with two big games coming up.  Our players know who will be involved next week and the object of the game was to get time on the pitch into three or four players legs. They had everything to play for, we had virtually nothing to play  for. 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Jamhammer said:

This is where I am.

it’s a big ask but, TBH 1998 was a bigger one 

No it wasn’t, how can you even suggest that?  We only finished 5 or 6 points behind an old Rangers team that was past it 98.  We should have won the league in 98 but only won something like one of our last 7 games. Rangers and Celtic weren’t much better than us in 98 but the gulf is enormous now.

Poor performance but happy boys got minutes 

Not sure about boyce but fingers crossed everyone is ok. Something did seem off with Devlin but lets see. Devlin would be a bigger miss

Everyone can stop with Rangers youth. 4 teenagers played, one cost Man U 40m. Lowry is already being hyped up by their fans and has been involved 

This was just about fitness. Simms, Devlin and few others were in 3rd gear. Souttar and Halks playing was the massive positive 

Lets see how it goes next week. We’ve had an awful time with injuries and the worst time

13 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

What’s the chat with Boyce? Didn’t look too bad tbh 

Why did we start so many of our first team and why did Soutar and Halkett get only 20 mins or so? Would it not have been better to give them a half? On saying that Soutar look ready tbh 

Smith is miles off starting next week sadly 

Seemed to be fine on the pitch after the game. No sign of injury. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, briever said:

Play kids and guys needing game time and who cares about the score.  But he picked a near full strength side and their B Team/u18s pumped us.

As you say who cares about the score? But then in your next sentence you seem to care about us being pumped.

Playing with kids would not have helped long term absentees making a return.

This thread has illustrated that Robbie's critics a poised to strike. Knives will be out next week if we lose by a few goals. And being realistic the odds are we will. 

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No it wasn’t, how can you even suggest that?  We only finished 5 or 6 points behind an old Rangers team that was past it 98.  We should have won the league in 98 but only won something like one of our last 7 games. Rangers and Celtic weren’t much better than us in 98 but the gulf is enormous now.

You think this Rangers team is better than that one?

Also we had the Always the Bridesmaid millstone round our necks.

Edited by Jamhammer

54 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Too many huns seated next to me 🤢

Did you say or do anything?

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just wait until next week ………… Hearts supporters that get them tickets are arse holes

Better not be near me because I won't just come on here to moan.

And I wouldnt be so believing of the Rick fella.

Are we not a proud club where every game means something to each and every player, Staff member and supporter!? I want to win every game come hell of high water who doesn’t get up in the morning and wants it to be a winning day no matter what you are doing. We need to be beating the likes of Motherwell during the week and making a better fist of it against both of the weegie erse checks. We need better recruiting over the summer and need to sign the likes of Haring and Simms, GMS is not up to it Sibbick too as much as I would love to see them succeed they won’t at Hearts we don’t have the coaches to take them further on and they probably don’t have the ability to take to the next level. 
it’s over to Savage now and our budgeting team to do some real work prior to the next season starting. We are a decent draw for aspiring and quality players who want to take in some European football and some have some modicum of success in Scotland as we can get to finals and do pretty well in the league. 

Edited by Imaman
Striving to improve everyday even in my twilight years!

Just now, Francis Albert said:

As you say who cares about the score? But then in your next sentence you seem to care about us being pumped.

Playing with kids would not have helped long term absentees making a return.

This thread has illustrated that Robbie's critics a poised to strike. Knives will be out next week if we loose by a few goals. And being realistic the odds are we will. 

That's because the two sentences are meant to mean something different.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nerve pain apparently 

Next week is what counts.

We were due a sticky spell.

Unfortunately we are just not there yet in so much as consistency goes.

10 games unbeaten a blip then win next week.

Place is riddled today with the usual mischief.

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Why's that? 

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You really need to get over us not winning the league in '98. 

If we make top six any season we rarely win a game in last 5. I’ve no idea how anyone would expect anything different 

Today was a strange game as even when we scored it didn’t seem like we were bothered and felt more like a friendly at times

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

There will totally be Huns in our sections next week there is not even a tiny little doubt about that and the majority will have got their tickets from Hearts supporting mates who were allowed to buy an extra ticket in that phase of the sale

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thanks 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Today was a strange game as even when we scored it didn’t seem like we were bothered and felt more like a friendly at times

That’s because we weren’t bothered. Only objectives today were game time for four or five injury returnees and avoid injury to the rest.  Don’t think we were completely successful on either front but certainly the result wasn’t important. 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Yep it was a bounce/training session.

Will be a very different Hearts side that comes out next week. 

Just hope some on here turn up with a different attitude as they sound beaten already.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There will totally be Huns in our sections next week there is not even a tiny little doubt about that and the majority will have got their tickets from Hearts supporting mates who were allowed to buy an extra ticket in that phase of the sale

Hope every Hearts supporter who is not a fekin rat lets fly.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, thegreatsd said:

Hopefully you’re right sir and I have picked it up wrong. 👍🇱🇻

I mean I might be wrong too! But it looked like he was just standing back taking it all in

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Aye, they were definitely beside me today. Not celebrating Haring's goal, laughing at the huns chanting about Halliday, taking videos of them. 

It wasn't enough for me to get riled up and have a go in a shite game like that. I forgot you can't mention it on here without having caved their skulls in.

heartsfc_fan

Didn't look at it today.

Hopefully Haring is ok and he'll be key in the final.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Hope every Hearts supporter who is not a fekin rat lets fly.

Usually a mixed response but there will be plenty Hearts supporters who do react physically ………….. there are young Rangers fans who go to our games some times with their Hearts supporting mates and you always see them at away games ……………. there is an acceptance of this among some Hearts supporters because it is just Rangers and they do not see them as being all that bad

SomethingAboutObua

The biggest frustration for me was we could have had a good match if we'd done what Rangers did and played a B team x senior bench / our injury returns XI. Take it Neilson didn't expect Rangers to play such an extremely depleted squad. I'm glad the players didn't want to get involved in anything physical, but we shouldn't have filled the bench with first teamers 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I'm not bedwetting, pishing my pants or greeting but that was shite and a bit concerning for the final. It's a different game and all that but we should be doing better there. 

been shit the last 3 games but we will find out next week for sure if any of the excuses of late are valid points !

hopefully we give them a proper game after then beating us 4 times this season :HeartsManspotrun:

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Aye, they were definitely beside me today. Not celebrating Haring's goal, laughing at the huns chanting about Halliday, taking videos of them. 

It wasn't enough for me to get riled up and have a go in a shite game like that. I forgot you can't mention it on here without having caved their skulls in.

Every time we play Rangers and I mean every single time this happens and it is because of the attitude that because they also hate/dislike Celtic then they must be okay 

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

You really need to get over us not winning the league in '98. 

I was over it in 98.  Are we not allowed to reminisce on here?  I thought my point was pretty valid.  Not a huge surprise us beating Rangers in the final in 98 since we were so close to them in the league.  If we win next week it will be a much bigger surprise, against a team that is way better than us and will possibly be European champions.  Not sure why you’re taking exception to this.🤷‍♂️

Turkishcap

We will be better next week and up for it.

A lot depends on how they react midweek but we have to be ready and battle and we will

Over today already, we know there is a big gulf between the teams and they did well today, however we didnt so lots to improve on.

Back of the Bus

Now the rage has subsided…..

They deliberately played a weakened team to make us push for the win thus risking injury. We didn’t bite.

Shite to lose but this was always going to be a weird game. 

Bring on the final 

Fire_At_The_Disco

We were shit!
On a side note I just heard most of the Rangers players failed the drugs test……5 of them tested positive for calpol. 

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

You think this Rangers team is better than that one?

Also we had the Always the Bridesmaid millstone round our necks.

That Rangers team was well past it’s sell by date and several players were playing their last game for the club.  Plus, that Hearts team was way better than this current one. Not even close. 

Салатные палочки
18 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was over it in 98.  Are we not allowed to reminisce on here?  I thought my point was pretty valid.  Not a huge surprise us beating Rangers in the final in 98 since we were so close to them in the league.  If we win next week it will be a much bigger surprise, against a team that is way better than us and will possibly be European champions.  Not sure why you’re taking exception to this.🤷‍♂️

Your point may be valid, but the point about our late season runs in 98 and 2012 are also valid in that they have no bearing on the cup final itself. If we lose next week it's because our players didn't turn up on the day. The league games will have no bearing on it. 

22games nro

The only thing I take from today is I’ll win more money next week with better odds now 😎😎😎

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, looked pretty clear that’s what was going on.  Usually Devlin would be the joker during a lap of honour. 

To be honest Halliday has looked way more ready for a start the last couple of weeks.

Didnt think I’d say this 6 weeks ago but my starting midfield 2 would be Haring and Halliday.

9 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Your point may be valid, but the point about our late season runs in 98 and 2012 are also valid in that they have no bearing on the cup final itself. If we lose next week it's because our players didn't turn up on the day. The league games will have no bearing on it. 

We could turn up next week and have the game of our lives and still lose

If Rangers turn up, they win because they simply have far better players than we do I’m afraid.

Hopefully we get that bit of luck, Rangers are drained after Wednesdays defeat, and there is a heatwave in Seville .

Tom Hardy’s Dug

My only conclusion really from the post split games is that we still don’t have enough winners and enough players with a top attitude yet:

We are getting there but a proper “big” team would still win games even if they didn’t matter.

I don’t blame the management for this. We just need to keep building the squad with better mentally stronger players. 

If we perform the same way after the split next season (unless we have won the league) then we won’t have progressed.

Салатные палочки
Just now, jbee647 said:

We could turn up next week and have the game of our lives and still lose

If Rangers turn up, they win because they simply have far better players than we do I’m afraid.

Hopefully we get that bit of luck, Rangers are drained after Wednesdays defeat, and there is a heatwave in Seville .

Well that is true. They were also a better team in '98 (despite what some may say) and Celtic were a better team when we beat them in the semi in 2012. 

The right attitude and a rub of the green and we may just do it. 

Jambotommy
36 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

We were shit!
On a side note I just heard most of the Rangers players failed the drugs test……5 of them tested positive for calpol. 

ha ha ...👍