***** Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread *****

cookieboy

27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The Scotsman calling The Rangers out for who they are.... 

Screenshot_20220514_072910_com.android.chrome.jpg

Didn’t really see them being called out when reading the article. What’s your point caller?

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

KyleLafferty

Let’s get right behind the boys today. Dead ringer or not, let’s show that we are ready to battle against these *******s. Would be a confidence boost if we win. Never want anyone winning at tynecastle. Let’s goooooooo

30 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

🤣🤣🤣 brilliant

Special Agent Dale Cooper
30 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

👏 Well spotted!

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Let’s get right behind the boys today. Dead ringer or not, let’s show that we are ready to battle against these *******s. Would be a confidence boost if we win. Never want anyone winning at tynecastle. Let’s goooooooo

Aye let’s do battle against these ******s……

and risk injuries and Red cards!

5 minutes ago, beaver said:

Didn’t really see them being called out when reading the article. What’s your point caller?

Me neither 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, beaver said:

Rangers and New Club 

KyleLafferty
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If you don’t go in full hearted into a tackle then you will come off worse. Players need to play and play hard. 

The Huns will play a second string who will be throwing themselves into challenges.

We need to be committed to this match - we really should play some of the guys who are back from loan.

Rocky jamboa

Can't see either team putting out their strongest team today. Hoping we leave out our key players to avoid any injuries before next week, and give Smith, souttar and halkett a run out to get them up to speed. 

Can see this one having a draw all over it!

Rangers to put out a second string and on instructions to go in hard on our players. 

We really shouldn’t be risking our key players 

Dick Dastardly
26 minutes ago, beaver said:

Read the headline again

Dick Dastardly
26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣🤣🤣 brilliant

26 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

👏 Well spotted!

At least you two got the joke

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, briever said:

The Huns will play a second string who will be throwing themselves into challenges.

We need to be committed to this match - we really should play some of the guys who are back from loan.

Can’t play anyone that’s back from being out on loan until next season unfortunately. 

billybalfour

I haven't really noticed Rangers throwing themselves into challenges this year so not expecting that today.It would have been more likely under Gerrard. I will be surprised if it isn't a fairly tame game with both sets of players trying to pass the ball about.Hope I am right as we don't want any more knocks.A goal for Boycie's confidence would be nice and a good showing from Ginnelly might play him into the team.

9 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

I haven't really noticed Rangers throwing themselves into challenges this year so not expecting that today.

They certainly did in their SC semi 🤣

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

I haven't really noticed Rangers throwing themselves into challenges this year so not expecting that today.It would have been more likely under Gerrard. I will be surprised if it isn't a fairly tame game with both sets of players trying to pass the ball about.Hope I am right as we don't want any more knocks.A goal for Boycie's confidence would be nice and a good showing from Ginnelly might play him into the team.

Yeah that’s sounds about right, not sure if Boyce is likely to score though as he’s been poor recently and didn’t take a number of chances created for him last time we played them at Tynie. 
We live in hope though 🤞

Let’s hold back, shirk out of challenges. Get injuries and a hammering, yeh that’s great for confidence 

Hearts should play every game with the intention of winning, Rangers definitely will, don’t be surprised if Rangers have a strong side out today

52 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

what

Disappointed with that, was hoping to see a couple of youngsters start this match, could all just be smoke and mirrors though.

gashauskis9

We’ll play full strength today, they’ll play their 2nd string and probably still win.  Other than fitness, I fail to see the benefit in us going full pelt today.  That said, I don’t really know what I’m talking about 🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

😂😂👍

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

:gok:

Edited by August Landmesser
Lost me smiley

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

If you don’t go in full hearted into a tackle then you will come off worse. Players need to play and play hard. 

I don’t mind tackling hard and fair however if you get a red for violent conduct and miss the final that worked in our favour in 1998 Albertz got a straight red at Tannadice and missed the final against us a week later 

3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Pretty much our starting 11 next week, imo. 

The question about being sharper by playing is answered.

Edited by Mikey1874

7 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Pretty much our starting 11 next week, imo. 

Souttar, Halkett, Atkinson, Halliday? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I always feel that Arfield does well against us. But if we start fast got a chance of getting an early lead against a team

that will never have played together before.

jambopilms

I wouldn't be bothered if we got beat today. I don't want any reason that rangers think we can give them a game in the final and equally I don't want us being confident going into the final. 

Rangers being over confident and us under no illusions that we need to give them a battle to have a chance if where we need to be.

Rocky jamboa

Good to see Sibbick's injury wasn't as bad as it looked. Surprised we've went with such a strong line up but Robbie maybe wants us to get a good run out before the final and we have a full week to recover. A good chance of a win with their weak line up.

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Souttar, Halkett, Atkinson, Halliday? 

No danger are Souttar or Halkett starting next week. Halliday won’t start if we have Haring and Devlin in the middle. Atkinson will potentially come in for Smith but him starting today makes me think he’ll start next week. 

Oh well thats a pretty strong line up from us, I'm expecting a win here, going for 2-0, hopefully both Halkett and Souttar get on at some point in the second half. Just please nobody get injured.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I wouldn't be bothered if we got beat today. I don't want any reason that rangers think we can give them a game in the final and equally I don't want us being confident going into the final. 

Rangers being over confident and us under no illusions that we need to give them a battle to have a chance if where we need to be.

I don't want to lose any game. I'd probably play the fringe players though. 

132goals1958

I certainly wouldn't have played Gordon Kingsley or Simms today. Leaving shortly and I can never remember being less enthusiastic about a game against them.

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Just hope that Robbie uses his 5 subs today for once.

Reckon we are 2 or 3 at half time and all 5 used by 75 mins.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Good to see Devlin getting some game time again. He could be a crucial part of next week's game and have a freshness about him against tired appointments at Hampden.

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Oh well thats a pretty strong line up from us, I'm expecting a win here, going for 2-0, hopefully both Halkett and Souttar get on at some point in the second half. Just please nobody get injured.

Robbie just said in pre-match interview that Souttar and Halks will get game time today.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Just hope that Robbie uses his 5 subs today for once.

It’s a bit weird having 2 players on the bench with no games in their legs and not starting them. Souttar and Halkett unless we are 100% on their ability to step into a cup final team after such long lay offs.

You can only assume they’ve both played closed door games and came through with flying colours and we just don’t want them getting even a wee knock. 

RN consistently saying they’d be ready. Mind games ?

Edited by JimmyCant