• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Bazzas right boot

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Couldn't give a **** about the result here. 

Stewart

Atkinson Souttar  Smith Moore Cochrane

Halliday Devlin

Gino Kirk GMS

Get minutes into Souttar, Smith & Devlin. Don't want any injuries to Boyce, Gordon, Haring, Simms or McKay.

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Couldn't give a **** about the result here. 

Stewart

Atkinson Souttar  Smith Moore Cochrane

Halliday Devlin

Gino Kirk GMS

Get minutes into Souttar, Smith & Devlin. Don't want any injuries to Boyce, Gordon, Haring, Simms or McKay.

they better no be starting

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will Souttar actually play v rangers?

No, only virtually, now wheesht

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Good question.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why wouldn’t he if he’s fit? 

Edited by GBJambo

Hoping we can go out and frustrate Rangers and make them work hard. Any tiredness for them going into their europa league final can only be a good thing for us in the Scottish cup final, especially if they get taken to extra time and penalties. Although having said that, they’ll probably be resting quite a few players anyway!

Edited by D4nny_

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Why wouldn’t he if he’s fit? 

Because he’s signing for them 

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Robbie says he will play him

He is still a Hearts player and will give his all. It’s not in his nature to do otherwise 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

4-0 Hearts. 

I agree.  This game means absolutely nothing to Rangers.  Their likely Cup starting side will have their dress rehearsal in Seville.  This game is ours.

I think they will play a scratch side.  We should play our best X1 and thump them.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I agree.  This game means absolutely nothing to Rangers.  Their likely Cup starting side will have their dress rehearsal in Seville.  This game is ours.

I think they will play a scratch side.  We should play our best X1 and thump them.

Will be two reserve sides.  

Their second xi is still 4th best team in the country. 

Whatever back 4; kamara, davies, Ramsey, sakala, arfield, Diallo. 

Boys who need gametime need to play. GMS and Woodburn up top. Moore and Cochrane pretty low-risk so put them in

Gordon; Smith, Souttar, Moore, Cochrane; Devlin, Halliday; Woodburn, Mceneff, GMS, Kirk

Gino, Boyce, Simms, Kingsley, Mckay, Natty, Haring can be on bench. No idea about Halks and Sibbick

Edited by R1874

Would be a nice “Grand Slam” to beat everyone in the league at least once in a season. Presumably not been done in the top league by us for some time? However, if we lose 10-0 and win 1-0 at Hampden, I’d settle for that. 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

Graham Thomson

The game will be little more than a bounce game with both teams protecting star players, some fringe and young players may get some game time. 

We can put our feet up next Wednesday and hope for a dirty game with extra time and pens 🙈🙈🙂🙂

Will be a strange game as both will have eyes on bigger fish.  However we do need to get game time in to the legs of Halkett, Souttar, Smith and Devlin.  Would keep the likes of Simms, Kingsley, McKay well away from this.  

hmfc_liam06

Souttar or Halkett must get game time if they've any chance for the final.

Agree with the others, Simms, Kingsley, Haring, McKay and Gordon should be nowhere to be seen.

I think our strongest available team needs to start this game or the final is a bogey.

We cant just start 3 or 4 players in a final who haven't played for ages and expect a performance.

Also Neilson has generally liked to give his preferred team a run out before a big game and I'd be surprised if he changed this - unless we have privately written the final off as a hit and hope.

Finally, the Huns will field a weakened team. If we go strong we have a great chance to get a confidence boosting win against them - even if we know it isnt their strongest team. Not ideal going into a final on the back of 3 losses...

Edited by Jammy T

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I think our strongest available team needs to start this game or the final is a bogey.

We cant just start 3 or 4 players in a final who haven't played for ages and expect a performance.

Also Neilson has generally liked to give his preferred team a run out before a big game and I'd be surprised if he changed this - unless we have privately written the final off as a hit and hope.

Finally, the Huns will field a weakened team. If we go strong we have a great chance to get a confidence boosting win against them - even if we know it isnt their strongest team. Not ideal going into a final on the back of 3 losses...

We could lose to their Weakened team and your whole plan has the reverse effect tho. 

Be good to get a win, but win lose or draw the game will have zero impact on the final. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Maybe aye, maybe naw. 

I'm at the point where I don't care any more, was really annoyed at sibbick getting injured today tbh, just as he was starting to come onto a game as well, I hope we give Mckenzie kirk and a couple of other youngsters a start, I would stick with Stewart in goal Maybe give Gordon the last 30 minutes to keep the match sharpness, I would go with

Stewart 

Smith Souttar Kingsley

Atkinson Tait Devlin Cochrane

Gino Kirk Mceneff

Get Souttar a good 60/65 mins under his belt and if Halkett is in any position to play, I would bring him on for Souttar for the last 25 mins or maybe the other way around, likewise with Smith would give him a good 60/65 mins as well and replace with Moore for rest of the game and also possibly bring McKay and Simms on for the last 20 mins, just as long as no one else gets injured then I am fine with whatever result now.

23 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Any news on Sibbick? 

“The doc doesn’t think it’s too bad and he should be ok for the cup final,” insisted Neilson. “It looked at the time as if he was in a lot of pain and we were a bit concerned, but it seems to be just a bit of nerve damage that he’ll hopefully get over it quickly.”

August Landmesser
10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

4-0 Hearts. 

I reckon 6-3

been here before
10 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Will be two reserve sides.  

Itll be like a game of over 60s walking football.

10-7 Hearts. Tam to loose his bottom set and Rab to end up sitting doon for ten minutes feeling his knees a wee bit sair.

Edited by been here before

We have to strike the balance between keeping players ticking over, some definitely need games in there legs and also trusting players to not get injured, wholesale changes would be crazy.

Play our strongest side against Rangers, obviously not taking chances with players who may not be 100% fit

Personally think Souttar, Halkett and Devlin need more minutes if they are to start in the final. Can’t just be chucking them into the starting 11 without some minutes. Halkett maybe not as bad as his injury was only a few weeks ago.

Would also like to see Smith starting as we might need him defensively in the final to go up against Kent.

Gorgie_Rules

Need to give players who have been injured minutes, can’t have them coming in cold to a cup final. Its likely going to be a low intensity game and we still have capable back ups if we face new injury concerns.

Gordon

Halkett Souttar Kingsley

Smith                                 Halliday

McEneff  Devlin

Ginnelly                       Woodburn

Boyce

Rests for Atkinson, Haring, Cochrane, McKay and Simms.

Regardless of the rangers team we face it would be a confidence boost to pick up a win ahead of next weekend.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Boyce needs to be much sharper when closing in on goal. If we don't give Rangers space then we've every chance on Saturday. 

John Findlay

If ever a game screamed both teams putting out teams that will be vastly different to their Cup final teams, then its this one.

12 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I still don’t get this. He remains a Hearts player. We don’t stand to make any money out of his signing for Sevco, so there’s no transfer to protect. Souttar has been entirely professional when called upon. Why on Earth wouldn’t we put him in the team? Do people actually think that he would deliberately play badly in order to impress a club he doesn’t play for yet? If anything, it’s in his interest to shine against them, because it will get him a head start in the competition for places next season.

I have absolutely no idea how this one will go. Do we need to play Soutar/Halkett/Devlin etc to give them game time or can we just chuck them into the cup final and expect it to work. That's probably one of the many reasons why I'm not Hearts head coach. I really don't care what the score is as long as Robbie does whatever he needs to set up the best team possible for the cup final.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

I have absolutely no idea how this one will go. Do we need to play Soutar/Halkett/Devlin etc to give them game time or can we just chuck them into the cup final and expect it to work. That's probably one of the many reasons why I'm not Hearts head coach. I really don't care what the score is as long as Robbie does whatever he needs to set up the best team possible for the cup final.

My thoughts as well. 

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I still don’t get this. He remains a Hearts player. We don’t stand to make any money out of his signing for Sevco, so there’s no transfer to protect. Souttar has been entirely professional when called upon. Why on Earth wouldn’t we put him in the team? Do people actually think that he would deliberately play badly in order to impress a club he doesn’t play for yet? If anything, it’s in his interest to shine against them, because it will get him a head start in the competition for places next season.

You could argue that the Tangerdplayers could be told not to tackle Souttar so as he doesn’t get injured, if one were so minded. 😄

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I reckon 6-3

No chance. 

Nonsense talk. 😉

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No chance. 

Nonsense talk. 😉

:D

Aussie Jambo

Get the bairns on. Itching for first team football and a cup place. 

image.gif.0789d805a1a1e3dee991fec2fcc83121.gif

Nothing game like Motherwell so who cares?

0-0 unless our experienced defenders gift a few goals again then 🤷‍♂️ 

Seaside Dave

Anyone any suggestions as to what I should do? I've emailed the club twice and no response Ive rang 4 different phone numbers and none picking up. I've a flight to Edinburgh in the morning and my postman has been and all and still haven't got my match day ticket for the league game 

been here before

If you've got confirmation of the tickets, which you should have on your etickets account or your email you can rock up to the TO prior to kick off and get a reprint.

Liable to be very busy though.

Dont know who you have emailed or called but the correct details are here

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/Common/CustomerNotice/ContactUs

Theyre usually very good and quick at getting back.

jambos are go!

My opinion is that Neilson  is trying to work out a way to attack Rangers over these last few games. Hope I am right and he gets it right.

Seaside Dave

Yep that's the email address I've contacted a couple of times on last few days! I get the club's busy with making sure cup final tickets are being sent out as im still waiting on those 2 aswell 

Smith in CM. Souttar and Halkett to prove fitness before final with Moore in back 3. Rest can be the kids for all I care. Fully expect Rangers to play their U18s side.

Bob Loblaw

IMO Halkett, Souttar and Devlin have to start if they want to play in the final. They all need to show they can handle more than a cameo and they need minutes under their belt, far too big a gamble otherwise.  

Would be tempted to put Mikey Smith in midfield, he could do with the being constantly involved as he looked like he was blowing pretty quickly last night, which is understandable, but a shift in the middle would be good for his fitness.