The Tyre Extinguishers

EH11_2NL

Come out and find tyres flat. Start engine to idle while compressor inflates them again.

Imagine getting a call from a loved one and you need to be there asap but come out to flat tyres.

8 minutes ago, jackal said:

Come out and find tyres flat. Start engine to idle while compressor inflates them again.

Imagine getting a call from a loved one and you need to be there asap but come out to flat tyres.

Or if you are say an on call doctor or other emergency person (lifeboat, mountain rescue etc)

Jambo-Jimbo
47 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Or if you are say an on call doctor or other emergency person (lifeboat, mountain rescue etc)

Or a firefighter or paramedic who now can't get to work.

57 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Or a firefighter or paramedic who now can't get to work.

Both good comparisons, ones that reminded me of a car theft I knew of many years ago, which, due to the thief’s thoughtlessness, had a terribly sad outcome.

I have posted many times on JKB about this event, and about the thief being the only person in the world that I truly hate.

Jambo-Jimbo
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Both good comparisons, ones that reminded me of a car theft I knew of many years ago, which, due to the thief’s thoughtlessness, had a terribly sad outcome.

I have posted many times on JKB about this event, and about the thief being the only person in the world that I truly hate.

That's the problem Morgan, they don't think, they don't think about any potential consequences of their actions, it's all about them and their self rightous belief that they are right.

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

These people genuinely believe that anyone suffering as a result of their actions/beliefs is nothing to do with them. That's from the horse's mouth(s).

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's the problem Morgan, they don't think, they don't think about any potential consequences of their actions, it's all about them and their self rightous belief that they are right.

Yes, that's right.

I'm not sure if it stems from downright stupidity, lack of awareness or just bloody arrogance on their part.

In the case of my particular example though, he was just a very bad person who virtually got off with his actions even after it went to court.

As I said, and I'm not a vindictive or hateful person, I deeply despise him to this very day.

John Findlay

I don't own a vehicle, however if I saw one of these people deliberately deflating the tyres,of someone's car then I would have a good go, if male of deflating their balls, female of deflating their fingers.

16 hours ago, jonesy said:

A vigilante group of folk letting down bike tyres is in order. Hopefully while the cyclists are on them.

:2guns:

Quickest way to deflate a bike tyre is hit it with a car at 50+mph whilst the bike is moving. 

Jambo-Jimbo

If there was a mob wandering around damaging their property, they'd be the first to kick up hell about it.

But they think it's OK for them to damage other people's property because they think they're saving the planet.

been here before

Thread full of Harry Enfield angry Frank type.

"If I came out and found some eco type had let my tyres down...

11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I don't own a vehicle, however if I saw one of these people deliberately deflating the tyres,of someone's car then I would have a good go, if male of deflating their balls, female of deflating their fingers.

download.jpeg.jpg.e446bb9b1e4f16c38b834faa974df49c.jpg

You can almost hear the voice... 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'm impressed with how they manage to organise and publicise all this activity using no tech devices, as obviously their consistent moral stance would preclude the use of anything involving rare minerals mined by kids in Africa.

They're just dafties who have found a cause and think they're making a difference. You could remove the UK from the earth tomorrow and the impact on global air pollution would be negligible.

Some of them really do believe that the world is going to end within the next few years, if we don't do something now.

XR have said that a billion people could die by 2030 because of climate change if we don't act now.

But that's part of the problem imo........too many people. 

Even David Attenborough says that the planet can only support a finite number of people.  So that being the case, even if the whole world turned green tomorrow, if there is too many people on the planet, it's game over. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2022 at 09:31, been here before said:

Thread full of Harry Enfield angry Frank type.

"If I came out and found some eco type had let my tyres down...

download.jpeg.jpg.e446bb9b1e4f16c38b834faa974df49c.jpg

You can almost hear the voice... 

🤣

doctor jambo
On 12/05/2022 at 11:35, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Some of them really do believe that the world is going to end within the next few years, if we don't do something now.

XR have said that a billion people could die by 2030 because of climate change if we don't act now.

But that's part of the problem imo........too many people. 

Even David Attenborough says that the planet can only support a finite number of people.  So that being the case, even if the whole world turned green tomorrow, if there is too many people on the planet, it's game over. 

Indeed the best thing the tire deflators can do for the planet is top themselves, in order to reduce the population.

FORTHCLYDE

Just learned about this on the news.

If the Police wont act get 20/30 people go to the New Town looking out for them.

On 12/05/2022 at 00:30, Herbert. said:

Quickest way to deflate a bike tyre is hit it with a car at 50+mph whilst the bike is moving. 

On 12/05/2022 at 00:30, Herbert. said:

Would the bicylist not get injured as a result of a 50+mph collision with a car. If the tire didn't burst should the driver then back up over the bike to ensure the damage is done to the tire.

38 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Would the bicylist not get injured as a result of a 50+mph collision with a car. If the tire didn't burst should the driver then back up over the bike to ensure the damage is done to the tire.

No they won't be hurt at all, Cycling shorts have padding that when hit acts like a air bag so their fall will be like landing of a soft pillow. I wouldn't suggest backing up because you often encounter cyclists on tight bendy roads and that would be dangerous reversing on a road like that.

Congratulations Tyre Extinguishers, you just solved climate change by letting down the tyres of a handful of vehicles, in a couple of areas, in one city, in one country, out of the millions of them on the market, out of the nearly 8 billion people alive.

As an aside, there are around 4.2 million SUVs on UK roads.

Rounding off, you just have another 4.2 million to go.  Might want to start working overtime.

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Rounding off, you just have another 4.2 million to go.  Might want to start working overtime.

4.2 million? We'll they have a point.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

4.2 million? We'll they have a point.

Of course they have a point, but the way they are choosing to do something about it is just nonsense.  Causing grief to random people, and damaging their property is nonsense.

You and I could both go completely carbon zero, we could even spend every waking moment, of every day, sustainably producing our own food and planting trees, for the rest of our lives, and it would change absolutely **** all.

Using this as a source (https://www.edfenergy.com/media-centre/news-releases/drivers-suvs-could-save-nearly-9m-tonnes-co2-year-switching-electric), it looks like every SUV in the UK contributes about 9 million tonnes of CO2 to the environment per year.  Let's call it 10 million to be sure. There are 63 companies in the USA alone who produce far more than that, every single year - https://peri.umass.edu/greenhouse-100-polluters-index-current

I understand that everyone needs to do their bit, but individual people really aren't the problem here.  Heavy industry is the real problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_contributors_to_greenhouse_gas_emissions

I could own and drive a different diesel spewing, 4mpg SUV every day of the year, and it wouldn't even be a drop in the ocean.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Congratulations Tyre Extinguishers, you just solved climate change by letting down the tyres of a handful of vehicles, in a couple of areas, in one city, in one country, out of the millions of them on the market, out of the nearly 8 billion people alive.

Carrying on from top philosophers thread.

Screenshot_20220526-210604_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Carrying on from top philosophers thread.

Screenshot_20220526-210604_Chrome.jpg

Read my other post in this thread that deals with that point. 

Whilst we should all do our best to reduce our impact, until the big offenders at the very top of the table, like Coal companies, start decimating their emissions, it isn't going to make any difference whatsoever. 

Humans are really bad at scaling large numbers, but some of the numbers involved are just unthinkable. China, for example, produce about 11 billion tonnes of CO2 per year. To effectively net zero that, every single person on Earth would need to reduce their personal footprint by roughly 1.4kg each, but that's just one source from one country.  What about all the other large polluters, and countries that also are in the process of modern industrialisation that will see huge spikes in their outputs as well? 

A handful of SUVs in Edinburgh just isn't cutting it. 

Салатные палочки

Put a green sticker on your reg. plate and they'll leave you alone. 

8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I agree with this. I alway use the second analogy 

A million seconds is 12 days a billion seconds is 31 years whilst a trillion is over 31,000 years that’s longer than we’ve been on the planet. 

That's mad, I'll be honest I immediately thought you were using long scale there. That's a great way of showing it, it's quite staggering. 

Makes you realise how little impact we as individuals have on anything. I'm going to go and let down EV tyres just for their virtue signalling in that case.

(Disclaimer, I'm not actually.)

Jambo-Jimbo

What can we do to save the planet?

I know, let's let the tyres down on some SUV's.

Yaaaaay that'll do it.

Years later.........Granddad what did you do to save the planet?

I let down some car tyres in Edinburgh once.....I know I'm a real rebel.

Fecking nutters. do they really think that letting some car tyres down is going to save the planet........they're not the brightest.

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What can we do to save the planet?

I know, let's let the tyres down on some SUV's.

Yaaaaay that'll do it.

Years later.........Granddad what did you do to save the planet?

I let down some car tyres in Edinburgh once.....I know I'm a real rebel.

Fecking nutters. do they really think that letting some car tyres down is going to save the planet........they're not the brightest.

It's not about saving the planet with these groups, it's about getting the attention.

If they put their time and effort into serious campaigns, and focused their efforts in the right direction, then more people would get on board with what they're trying to get people to do, but going after people individually and causing damage or inconvenience is a great way to piss people off your agenda completely and isolate your group.

Same with the Insulate Britain lot; what they were actually asking to be considered was not a bad thing, at all, but blocking motorways and being pains in the arse was not the way to go about doing it.  It's the easiest way to get headlines and media attention, but for all the wrong reasons.

On 11/05/2022 at 15:48, jackal said:

That'd be a bit of an own goal from the activists, then.

Jambo-Jimbo
28 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's not about saving the planet with these groups, it's about getting the attention.

If they put their time and effort into serious campaigns, and focused their efforts in the right direction, then more people would get on board with what they're trying to get people to do, but going after people individually and causing damage or inconvenience is a great way to piss people off your agenda completely and isolate your group.

Same with the Insulate Britain lot; what they were actually asking to be considered was not a bad thing, at all, but blocking motorways and being pains in the arse was not the way to go about doing it.  It's the easiest way to get headlines and media attention, but for all the wrong reasons.

100% agree.

I've said it numerious times that for XR/Insulate Britain or whatever else they want to call themselves to be able to achieve anything, they need to get the public on their side.  But all they do is piss the public off.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Harry Potter
16 hours ago, tian447 said:

Very good.🙂

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

100% agree.

I've said it numerious times that for XR/Insulate Britain or whatever else they want to call themselves to be able to achieve anything, they need to get the public on their side.  But all they do is piss the public off.

Correct, had they simply leafleted the SV's with a factsheet on the environmental impact of SUV's then they may have convinced some of the owners to consider changing, instead folk will become pissed off and more stubborn around their choice of car, in fact my next car is more likely to be a SUV because of these clowns

17 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Since when was Portobello posh? It's a shithole

Keep up mate. It’s the Brighton of the north according to the people who’ve recently moved there in the last few years. Thus explaining the sharply rising property prices. 

I'd love to see if these guys are proper lentil-eating tree huggers who live in a tiny flat and their only holidays are self-sustainable back to nature hiking trips staying under a hemp tent, or whether they are absolute hypocrites who live the full western lifestyle with the attendent carbon footprint (except with no/small car I assume) - holidays abroad, tumble driers, the works.

I don't disagree with keeping climate change front and centre, but I do bristle with people making massive assumptions based on one aspect of person's lifestyle without the full details, just as I bristle at the energy companies using the concept of a personal carbon footprint to offset corporate responsibility onto the public.  

Edited by Gizmo

20 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I agree with this. I alway use the second analogy 

A million seconds is 12 days a billion seconds is 31 years whilst a trillion is over *31,000 years that’s longer than we’ve been on the planet. 

Eh?

Closer to 200, 000 years. Tho they reckon civilization is about only 6000 years. 

Our ancients appeared 6m years ago.

8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I'd love to see if these guys are proper lentil-eating tree huggers who live in a tiny flat and their only holidays are self-sustainable back to nature hiking trips staying under a hemp tent, or whether they are absolute hypocrites who live the full western lifestyle with the attendent carbon footprint (except with no/small car I assume) - holidays abroad, tumble driers, the works.

I don't disagree with keeping climate change front and centre, but I do bristle with people making massive assumptions based on one aspect of person's lifestyle without the full details, just as I bristle at the energy companies using the concept of a personal carbon footprint to offset corporate responsibility onto the public.  

Correct as part of my job I help cut my companies carbon emissions as part of our aim to become net carbon zero, my contribution alone has cut hundreds of tonnes in emissions annually yet I reserve the right to choose whatever form of transport is right for me and my family

Jambo-Jimbo
12 hours ago, jonesy said:

It's because they see the people who don't see things their way as inferior and stupid. They are some of the most intolerant people I have ever met.

Indeed, you need only look when they are interviewed, they nearly always come across that they are right and you are wrong.

I remember seeing an interview with some activist who claimed that the media don't report anything about climate change, the Sky presenter disputed that by telling him that Sky has a daily climate show and has sponsored many environmental projects for many years all over the world, to which he replied along the lines off yeh yeh yeh of course you'd say that, in other words he didn't have a clue that Sky did all these things, yet he's on the tv kicking up feck that the media don't cover climate change.

He really came over as an ill-informed ignorant intolerant twat.