Dundee Utd

Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874

Appear to have identified celtic fans trying to buy tickets in the home section.

Fair play for being pro active and not just letting it happen. Why someone would want to sit in a different section to their own team is bizarre anyway.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7311/STATEMENT-DUNDEE-UNITED-V-CELTIC-TICKETS.html

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Clark Griswold

Look at the carnage caused when they infiltrated our home support last game. Good on UTD for trying to sort it 

Tasavallan

The trouble with the Celtic support (and their a*se cheek siblings) is that they have a large machine in place to obtain, or forge, tickets for away games that most clubs do not have the infrastructure to counter.

I remember my ticketless bluenose colleague (an intelligent man otherwise) saying that he (and his brother) obtained tickets for Manchester 2008 UEFA final by mugging some drunks of their tickets.  Callous.

hughesie27

Theyll get in.

Guy I work with has only missed 1 Derby in the last 6 years at ER. He's never had a ticket to access the away end. Amazing how little minimum wage stewards actually care/pay attention.

54 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Appear to have identified celtic fans trying to buy tickets in the home section.

Fair play for being pro active and not just letting it happen. Why someone would want to sit in a different section to their own team is bizarre anyway.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7311/STATEMENT-DUNDEE-UNITED-V-CELTIC-TICKETS.html

Good on them

36 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The trouble with the Celtic support (and their a*se cheek siblings) is that they have a large machine in place to obtain, or forge, tickets for away games that most clubs do not have the infrastructure to counter.

I remember my ticketless bluenose colleague (an intelligent man otherwise) saying that he (and his brother) obtained tickets for Manchester 2008 UEFA final by mugging some drunks of their tickets.  Callous.

Surely a contradiction?

kingantti1874

It’s an easy fix - For games against the old firm fans should require a purchase history of at least 10 games against non old firm sides.. 

dannymack

Just tell the vermin to nip along to Lochee, 20 min walk from Tannadice, they'll be more than welcome to that shit hole full of scabby ira loving tramps !image.png.e021477dd627f18939c40d328f6fe7df.png

Screenshot_20220509-183918_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-183931_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-183943_Twitter.jpg

dannymack
50 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

All about the Rangers 🤣

Percival King
3 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I suppose if your team is 99% likely to officially win the title in that game and you can't get a ticket in the away end then it probably doesn't seem odd to get a ticket for the home end. Even going back to the 80s, I wish clubs, including us, had taken a harder line with interlopers but I can understand why they didnt.

3 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I wouldn’t normally say this but they could clinch the league on Wednesday so there is more logic this time 

More than a few Hearts fans in the home end at Anfield I recall. Always going to happen in big games like that when the demand for tickets from the home side isn't there.

dannymack
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I wouldn’t normally say this but they could clinch the league on Wednesday so there is more logic this time 

A few Hearts fans in the home end at Fir Park when Motherwell played Celtic midweek, April 1986. 

I say it every time, what would they say/do if we went in their home end? Yet they think it’s ok to do it everywhere else. Self entitled pricks.

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I say it every time, what would they say/do if we went in their home end? Yet they think it’s ok to do it everywhere else. Self entitled pricks.

I have to say, if this was Hearts clinching the title and our end was sold out, your damn right I’d be trying to get in the home end. By hook or by crook I’d be seeing that game.

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

Just tell the vermin to nip along to Lochee, 20 min walk from Tannadice, they'll be more than welcome to that shit hole full of scabby ira loving tramps !

I used to work in Lochee, and it really is a Celtic-boaby-suckfest.  A handful of United fans, but lots more green and white than you would expect. 

As as aside, a good few years ago we went on a shite pub crawl taking in the worst of the worst, starting in Lochee and working our way down Lochee Road, through the town and up Albert Street (before collapsing in a heap).  As part of that, had a drink in both Kelly's and Sandy's bar, and they are both utter scummy shiteholes, which now completely makes sense after reading your post. 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, spug said:

Am i the only one who opened this thread thinking ( hoping ) it said they had gone bust?

Nope, not the only one.

1 hour ago, spug said:

Am i the only one who opened this thread thinking ( hoping ) it said they had gone bust?

No.

And I was hoping that maybe Dundee had, too. 😄

Edited by martoon

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Waterboy said:

More than a few Hearts fans in the home end at Anfield I recall. Always going to happen in big games like that when the demand for tickets from the home side isn't there.

I dare say there will be a few Hearts fans in the Manchester United end at Old Trafford next season  as well :smuggy:

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

No.

And I was hoping that maybe Dundee had, too. 😄

And taken St Mirren with them. :clumshot:

14 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

And taken St Mirren with them. :clumshot:

Absolutely.

The Paisley skunk's (a Morton nickname for them) demise can't come quick enough.

Edited by martoon

18 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I dare say there will be a few Hearts fans in the Manchester United end at Old Trafford next season  as well :smuggy:

Nah, they'll be in the Europa Conference, we'll be in the Europa League 😁

jambo_jim

I was in the Falkirk end when they scudded us 4 nil in the cup a few years back..  

Not a nice experience in any shape or form!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, spug said:

Yeah me too 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Never been in an away end but, in the 80s, I once drove up from Sheffield with a weegie Celtic-supporting mate, each with a ticket for our own section. We parked on London Road and my mate insisted we have a pint in the Celtic supporters club there. I had my Hearts scarf in my inside coat pocket. All going ok until he came back from the bar chatting to another of his mates, handed me a pint and said "do you not notice that when you're watching Hearts". Luckily, the volume of noise was such that even I could barely hear him, the stupid *******.

Never been back to Parkhead since. Life's too short.

John Findlay
6 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

United have to qualify for Europe first.

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

I used to work in Lochee, and it really is a Celtic-boaby-suckfest.  A handful of United fans, but lots more green and white than you would expect. 

As as aside, a good few years ago we went on a shite pub crawl taking in the worst of the worst, starting in Lochee and working our way down Lochee Road, through the town and up Albert Street (before collapsing in a heap).  As part of that, had a drink in both Kelly's and Sandy's bar, and they are both utter scummy shiteholes, which now completely makes sense after reading your post. 

Hopefully you didn't buy a polo t-shirt or donate a pound for a bullet at the time of your monumental piss up 😉

Fort Vallance
15 hours ago, dannymack said:

Just tell the vermin to nip along to Lochee, 20 min walk from Tannadice, they'll be more than welcome to that shit hole full of scabby ira loving tramps !image.png.e021477dd627f18939c40d328f6fe7df.png

Screenshot_20220509-183931_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-183943_Twitter.jpg

Apparently the historical reason is that hundreds of Irish immigrants moved to Dundee to work in the jute industry. The majority settled in Lochee and nicknamed it Little Ireland. Locals for a long time said that Lochee was different from Dundee. Much like Leith and Edinburgh. Might not be completely historically accurate but that's the jiste of it.

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, jambo_jim said:

I was in the Falkirk end when they scudded us 4 nil in the cup a few years back..  

Not a nice experience in any shape or form!

I done it when we scudded them 3 nil in the championship, was amusing tbh😂

3 hours ago, dannymack said:

Hopefully you didn't buy a polo t-shirt or donate a pound for a bullet at the time of your monumental piss up 😉

After stumbling through the doors of some of them, it was more of a monumental **** up, rather than a monumental piss up...!  I think I was in Kelly's for less than 15 minutes, total, and it was about 15 minutes too long.    Should really have twigged by the existence of Lochee Harp that the area was Selliky.

The Logie Bar further down the road was surprisingly nice though.  Broke the pub crawl rules and stayed for a couple of games of pool :lol: 

New Town Loafer
16 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Have been in the Celtic home end v Hearts before as I have a couple of Tim pals. Don't see the issue with it if there are spares and people behave themselves.

N Lincs Jambo

As a final year student at Dundee Uni I went to the 1988 SC Final between Utd and Celtic. Celtic had the north terrace, the east terrace, pretty much all of the south stand and Utd had the covered west terrace. There were definitely a couple of throusand Celtic fans in the Utd end congregated nearest to where the west and north terraces meet. Polis did hee haw to get them out. 

51 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Have been in the Celtic home end v Hearts before as I have a couple of Tim pals. Don't see the issue with it if there are spares and people behave themselves.

Treacherous behaviour... 

Report to Tynecastle Park Friday Midday for your punishment. 

John Findlay

I await them crying foul and being victimised if any are refused entry to the home stands tomorrow night, and police brutality.

39 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

As a final year student at Dundee Uni I went to the 1988 SC Final between Utd and Celtic. Celtic had the north terrace, the east terrace, pretty much all of the south stand and Utd had the covered west terrace. There were definitely a couple of throusand Celtic fans in the Utd end congregated nearest to where the west and north terraces meet. Polis did hee haw to get them out. 

They done the same for the 1990 Cup Final too, Aberdeen scattered them as they left and the dons celebrated. Maybe only a handful but enough to raise the suspicion, especially the dork with the celtic scarf tied around his waist.* 

* Information from Aberdeen fan I knew back then.

New Town Loafer
21 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Treacherous behaviour... 

Report to Tynecastle Park Friday Midday for your punishment. 

I've drawn the line at going in the home end at Easter Road, to be fair, and there are always plenty of spares there :clyay:

23 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

I've drawn the line at going in the home end at Easter Road, to be fair, and there are always plenty of spares there :clyay:

I've been a couple of times. 

Thankfully we won both. One was the Duffy helicopter day.

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

They done the same for the 1990 Cup Final too, Aberdeen scattered them as they left and the dons celebrated. Maybe only a handful but enough to raise the suspicion, especially the dork with the celtic scarf tied around his waist.* 

* Information from Aberdeen fan I knew back then.

I was at the Aberdeen end when they beat celtic 3-1 in the final when a young Martin Buchan was the aberdeen captain.

Midway during the 2nd half, a group of around 100 young celtic neds stormed the barrier and made their way behind the goals to do battle with the aberdeen supporters.

It was splendid.  They took an absolute battering from the aberdeen supporters and the polis.  The whole episode probably took less than 3 minutes.  They were frogmarched out the ground to face the scales of justice but not before aberdeen scored again to complete their misery.

Buchan's performance won him a transfer to Man Utd.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I was at the Aberdeen end when they beat celtic 3-1 in the final when a young Martin Buchan was the aberdeen captain.

Midway during the 2nd half, a group of around 100 young celtic neds stormed the barrier and made their way behind the goals to do battle with the aberdeen supporters.

It was splendid.  They took an absolute battering from the aberdeen supporters and the polis.  The whole episode probably took less than 3 minutes.  They were frogmarched out the ground to face the scales of justice but not before aberdeen scored again to complete their misery.

The only time the late Eddie Turnbull won the cup as a player or manager.

54 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Brilliant... self entitlement gets you know where apart from a skelp accross the jaw and a boot up the arse. 

I know the 70s Boot Boy thing was to take ends or in this case occupy the oppositions end but its good to read the Aberdeen lot didn't stand for any nonsense. 

Aberdeen had a good team back then though and did Jim Hamiltons Dad not get a winners medal that day too ?

Edited by dannymack

WheatfieldWarrior
12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

United have to qualify for Europe first.

Indeed. 

West Ham are 3 pts behind with a game in hand, but that game is City, then they both have mid-table sides (Brighton and Palace) to finish.

Would take a very impressive finish from the Hammers or a total collapse from Man U to deny them the place.

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Indeed. 

West Ham are 3 pts behind with a game in hand, but that game is City, then they both have mid-table sides (Brighton and Palace) to finish.

Would take a very impressive finish from the Hammers or a total collapse from Man U to deny them the place.

After watching Man Utd's non-performance against Brighton last Saturday evening, then I for one, wouldn't be surprised if they failed.

No Idle Talk

Good on them. 

22 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Correct. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Don’t like praising the sheep shaggers Doug but that was very impressive against a team about to play its 2nd European Cup final 4 days later. Good to hear the Celtic neds got slapped silly too 😂