Maroon Saltire

jamboiain13

jamboiain13

Hi all,

I have tried contacting a couple of flag makers in an attempt to have a 6x3 maroon saltire manufactured but have had no luck to date.  Can anyone recommend where I can have a flag made?

Cheers

jamboiain13
5 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

You should check Ebay, normally good for flags... 

can only find shiny polyester ones on ebay.  Looking for a quality cotton flag like you would put on a flagpole

maroonplatoon87
27 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Hi all,

I have tried contacting a couple of flag makers in an attempt to have a 6x3 maroon saltire manufactured but have had no luck to date.  Can anyone recommend where I can have a flag made?

Cheers

We used this guy for ours last year, good quality and comms

https://www.barmyflags.co.uk

dannymack
29 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Hi all,

Cheers

If your struggling to get one made, nip into John Lewis' dress fabrics department and get maroon and white material from there, easier and cheaper to rustle up a Maroon/White/Maroon number or do it in the style of the Latvian flag 🇱🇻

therefsajambo
47 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Hi all,

Cheers

I've got a 24 ft by 12 ft  cotton Scotland flag  and it weighs a ton when it's dry never mind the rain. Been thinking of if/ how to use it for final possibly ie what go put on it if anyone's got a suggestion. I fancied a big needle going into a Hibs scarf saying Hibs... take yer  medicine but open to suggestions 

55 minutes ago, therefsajambo said:

I've got a 24 ft by 12 ft  cotton Scotland flag  and it weighs a ton when it's dry never mind the rain. Been thinking of if/ how to use it for final possibly ie what go put on it if anyone's got a suggestion. I fancied a big needle going into a Hibs scarf saying Hibs... take yer  medicine but open to suggestions 

Hibs fans, needles - doesn't scream medicine to me....  🙂 

59 minutes ago, therefsajambo said:

Just leave it as it is. 

Everyone will know which team you support. 

2 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

Hi all,

Cheers

Contact @PhoenixHeartsamd I’m sure he’ll be able to help you. I’ve used him in the past and he’s very knowledgeable and reliable 

Салатные палочки

There was a flag I really wanted years ago. Maroon cotton saltire with the badge in the middle and "HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB" stitched on to it. I seen it at a couple of away games in the early 90s and I was never sure if it was a bespoke one or available to buy. 

This one was £20 from

https://www.casualsattire.com/

Tell him what you want and he’ll knock it up for you. I got this for my lassie who is  Scottish Champ in gymnastics but we weren’t allowed to watch her compete at the time and had to watch her from the hotel on zoom. (Covid19) so just thought I’d try to cheer her up a wee bit 🤣🤣🤣

29B03B81-302B-4244-8436-0F6E29B92A06.jpeg

maroonplatoon87
6 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

What did you get done? I was thinking of getting one made for Europe this season.

1E4F5D97-73BB-4358-BB79-6A3C9B99F716.jpeg

jimmy the jambo
7 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Who and where in WL - Didn’t know it existed? 

The Hogfather
13 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

That's a cracker! Much did that set you back?

21 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Very nice.  👍

How much  did that cost?

maroonplatoon87
22 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Edited by maroonplatoon87

maroonplatoon87
16 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

That's a cracker! Much did that set you back?

Sure i was £140

its 9ft x 4.4ft

excellent quality, guy was a breeze to deal with and gave plenty updates.

sent a final draught prior to production also

maroonplatoon87
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Very nice.  👍

How much  did that cost?

Sure i was £140

its 9ft x 4.4ft

Just now, maroonplatoon87 said:

Sure i was £140

its 9ft x 4.4ft

Many thanks.

The Hogfather
13 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Sure i was £140

its 9ft x 4.4ft

That's really reasonable pricing when you see screen printed flags (which I don't like) for about £100 for a similar size.

• 2 months later...
Bungalow Bill

Bumping this. 

Ordered a maroon saltire from Barmy Flags for the upcoming Euro trips. Arrived today, delighted with it. Would recommend. 

36 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Bumping this. 

Ordered a maroon saltire from Barmy Flags for the upcoming Euro trips. Arrived today, delighted with it. Would recommend. 

Are you allowed flags draped over the boards at Tynecastle? I always remember the flag in the old Main stand and have seen a few dotted around when I was there last season but cant remember any draped over the front boards recently?

jambo-in-furness
25 minutes ago, 151 said:

Are you allowed flags draped over the boards at Tynecastle? I always remember the flag in the old Main stand and have seen a few dotted around when I was there last season but cant remember any draped over the front boards recently?

I am hoping to hang my flag (3m x 1m). On the walkway in the main stand,  I might have to shove a couple of our disabled fans along a bit but hey ho.

only kidding, I’m sure it will fit somewhere along there without disturbing anyone.

On 09/05/2022 at 15:04, dannymack said:

If your struggling to get one made, nip into John Lewis' dress fabrics department and get maroon and white material from there, easier and cheaper to rustle up a Maroon/White/Maroon number or do it in the style of the Latvian flag 🇱🇻

The National Flag of Scotland or Saltire is just far better at getting the juices flowing for most Hearts supporters though …………… unlike Hibs with their weird Hibs colour Union Flags 

1 hour ago, Apache Mal said:

Bumping this. 

Any pics of it and how much did you pay mate? Was looking at ordering from them also. 

Bungalow Bill
15 minutes ago, mbhmfc said:

Any pics of it and how much did you pay mate? Was looking at ordering from them also. 

Paid £140. Tried to send you a pic but you’re not accepting messages. 

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The National Flag of Scotland or Saltire is just far better at getting the juices flowing for most Hearts supporters though …………… unlike Hibs with their weird Hibs colour Union Flags 

The Hibs Union Flag is over 30 years old, I wouldn't say its weird, pretty unique given there's very few teams that use those colours. 

It also causes a fuss amongst their new age Nationalist, Irish Republican element within their fan base. 

However the myth that those colours do not run is exactly that, a myth. 

The Maroon and silver/grey KDY Union Flag is of similar age.

Edited by dannymack

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For all my years following the Hearts the street vendors have always sold Hearts flags Maroon, white, Maroon with either a crest or writing on the white panel.

5 minutes ago, dannymack said:

The Hibs Union Flag is over 30 years old, I wouldn't say its weird, pretty unique given there's very few teams that use those colours. 

It also causes a fuss amongst their new age Nationalist, Irish Republican element within their fan base. 

However the myth that those colours do not run is exactly that, a myth. 

The Maroon and silver/grey KDY Union Flag is of similar age.

As I said ………. weird 

15 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Three bars of maroon, white, maroon looks far better than a maroon saltire tbh. 

Disagree I prefer the maroon saltire 

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Disagree I prefer the maroon saltire 

Three bar flags tend to be more creative. Saltires just look a bit half arsed imo. 

"Look how Scottish I am!". Meh.

1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Three bar flags tend to be more creative. Saltires just look a bit half arsed imo. 

"Look how Scottish I am!". Meh.

I would argue the opposite …….. at least a saltire nods towards identity while a two colour bar flag is about as un creative and boring as is possible to be with our two colours 

Look how Latvian I am not 

The Hogfather
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would argue the opposite …….. at least a saltire nods towards identity while a two colour bar flag is about as un creative and boring as is possible to be with our two colours 

Look how Latvian I am not 

Fair enough, you think national identity is the most important thing about supporting a football club. The West Lothian Hearts flag posted earlier in this thread looks great and it's a bit rude for you to insinuate it's boring because you prefer a white cross on a solid background.

21 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Fair enough, you think national identity is the most important thing about supporting a football club. The West Lothian Hearts flag posted earlier in this thread looks great and it's a bit rude for you to insinuate it's boring because you prefer a white cross on a solid background.

Where did I say it was the most important thing …………. I argued with your opinion that it was more creative to have a Latvian flag as a Bearts flag for games 

The Hogfather
46 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Three bar flags tend to be more creative.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Where did I say it was the most important thing …………. I argued with your opinion that it was more creative to have a Latvian flag as a Bearts flag for games 

Try reading what I said before you argue with it. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Try reading what I said before you argue with it. Cheers.

I read every word what part of my replies to you suggests I did not

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I read every word what part of my replies to you suggests I did not

You claimed I said it was more creative to have a three bar flag. What I actually said is that three bar flags tend to be more creative. 

Language is difficult though, I get how some people lose the nuance in their eagerness to misunderstand.

56 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

You claimed I said it was more creative to have a three bar flag. What I actually said is that three bar flags tend to be more creative. 

Language is difficult though, I get how some people lose the nuance in their eagerness to misunderstand.

So you were saying that other flags that have two colours in a stripe pattern are more creative but not the actual example we were talking about ………… yes sorry I missed that nuance 

On 09/05/2022 at 14:32, jamboiain13 said:

Hi all,

Cheers

Cummings or MacKay (not Gary) 

The Hogfather
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So you were saying that other flags that have two colours in a stripe pattern are more creative but not the actual example we were talking about ………… yes sorry I missed that nuance 

It's like trying to teach a chimp how to count to three.

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

It's like trying to teach a chimp how to count to three.

Is it aye ……….. sorry if I am taking what you say literally and not psychically determining that you were actually meaning other similar examples 

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Speaking of banners, look at these utter cretins:

FYISxeOXwAE3K96?format=jpg&name=large

Pardon my ignorance about these things but what is the flag on the right about