Who agrees

buzzbomb1958

buzzbomb1958

Kenny Miller saying if Sevco win the Europa cup it eclipses what septic done in 67 , now I don’t like either of the arsecheeks but I think he’s an arse . I would say septic won the big European cup while Sevco are playing for the little European trophy or am I wrong

jambogemz

I don't think you can really argue. Winning the European cup was massive for Celtic and given nobody has one it since goes to show just how big an achievement it was plus the fact it was a team full of Scottish players. 

Don't get me wrong, reaching the UEFA cup final is fantastic but that's 3 times Scotland has been represented in the final in the last 20 years. 

jambogemz
Just now, jambogemz said:

I don't think you can really argue. Winning the European cup was massive for Celtic and given nobody has won it since goes to show just how big an achievement it was plus the fact it was a team full of Scottish players. 

Don't get me wrong, reaching the UEFA cup final is fantastic but that's 3 times Scotland has been represented in the final in the last 20 years. 

6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Kenny Miller saying if Sevco win the Europa cup it eclipses what septic done in 67 , now I don’t like either of the arsecheeks but I think he’s an arse . I would say septic won the big European cup while Sevco are playing for the little European trophy or am I wrong

You are correct.

Rocky jamboa

These guys deliberately say shit like this to provoke a reaction. Kris boyd and Chris Sutton are the same. Also that hobo fud mcanus. Even they don't believe the crap they come out with. Better just to ignore it cos a reaction is all they want. 

Its quite sad and pathetic really that they're so desperate for attention.

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

These guys deliberately say shit like this to provoke a reaction. Kris boyd and Chris Sutton are the same. Also that hobo fud mcanus. Even they don't believe the crap they come out with. Better just to ignore it cos a reaction is all they want. 

It’s what their employers want them to do.

I think Celtics achievement reflects better on Scottish football given that their players were all Scottish.

Credit where its due though if Rangers succeed its a fantastic achievement given the financial gulf between Scottish football and other European leagues.

4 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Eh?

This forum is evidence that football supporters like these types of discussion.

McAnus is a hobo fud I grant you that.

So is Kenny Miller.

And Sutton.

And Boyd.

But pathetic to discuss these types of questions is a no from me.

1971fozzy

Given Rangers were in the 3rd division not so long ago I’d actually say if they win the Europa it’s the better achievement.  Group stages etc. Celtic never had all that. Just my wee opinion

Francis Albert
34 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Ridiculous. Miller that is not your post.

Edited by Francis Albert

jambopilms

Celtic played 4 games to reach the final. I don't know the the quality of the opposing teams but I dare say there wasn't the huge gulf as there is now.

Rocky jamboa
17 minutes ago, Ked said:

Eh?

This forum is evidence that football supporters like these types of discussion.

McAnus is a hobo fud I grant you that.

So is Kenny Miller.

And Sutton.

And Boyd.

But pathetic to discuss these types of questions is a no from me.

He isn't saying it to start a discussion though. It's to get tims frothing at the mouth and likes from huns. It's all about attention seeking and is the lowest form of "journalism", if you can even call it that.

ToadKiller Dog

Different eras so can't compare ,but the European Cup is the big cup .

Though I don't think the orcs have played a side of the quality of the 1967 inter milian team  .

Same as the scottish cup compared to the league cup .

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ach I thought this was going to be about Bob Valentine and Brian McGinlay.

And he definitely did 😂

Bazzas right boot

Dunno. 

But hopefully the queen's 11 lift the trophy so the pair of Bigot fans along with randoms from other clubs can argue the merit of both for years to come. 

The pundits can talk for hours about it.  I'll take a punt and say-Celtic folk will say 67 and rangers minded folk will say 2022.

Not expecting Boyd to say "nah,  67 for  Me" or drooling Paddy to say - 2022 is the best. 

There can even  be a TV special on it. 

Cannae wait. 

Be fabby. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

I AGREE, 

Kenny Miller IS weird, and liked to dress in school boys football shorts.

SectionDJambo

More games to play now than in 1967.

It was a tremendous achievement for Celtic, given how powerful the Latin clubs, in particular, were. The travelling was also far more arduous than it is now. 

However, if Rangers win the Europa League it will have been more difficult for them to have achieved, in my opinion.

Rangers also reached the Cup Winners Cup final in 1967. They lost to an emerging Bayern Munich in Nuremberg.

JimmyCant

I don’t understand this need they have to constantly undermine each other’s achievements.

Celtic winning the European cup in 67 was a terrific achievement

Rangers winning the Europa league in 22 would be a terrific achievement.

Nae need for a cock measuring contest lads

ToadKiller Dog

I would also say the sheeps win and dundee uniteds runs were a greater achievement than the uglies .

More so united getting cheated out of the European Cup final place .

Weakened Offender

Rangers are a new club who were formed ten years ago. They have battled their way up the leagues (eventually) and are now in a European final. Its a fantastic achievement for them and definitely surpasses them winning the  Behind-Closed-Doors League last season. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Celtic winning European Cup with an entirely Scottish team will always be number one. Arguably number one in British football. As it stands, in my opinion:

1) Celtic in Lisbon

2) Aberdeen in Gothenburg

3) Rangers in Barcelona

This win, if they got it probably replaces the 72 side.

Edited by DMac-89

Francis Albert

Come on. Celtic's win in 1967 was about a bunch of local players born within  20 miles of Glasgow in a football backwater against Helenio Herrerra's team widely recognised as the best in Europe. And an attacking open style against a cynical defensive team. Rangers will deserve great credit if they beat a decent but hardly European giant German side in  the final but there is no comparison..

Borders Jambo

I have no real interest in either of the Old Firm, or any aspect of them and hope they get beat in any game that helps Hearts.

Kenny Miller though is someone I have a real dislike for given that terrible supposed challenge on McHattie a few years ago.  As the old sayings go, I hope his next few jobbies are hedgehogs. I suspect he probably isn't a particularly nice human being.

Edited by Borders Jambo
spelling

john thomas
3 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

I have no real interest in either of the Old Firm, or any aspect of them and hope they get beat in any game that helps Hearts.

Kenny Miller though is someone I have a real dislike for given that terrible supposed challenge on McHattie a few years ago.  As the old sayings go, I hope his next few hobbies are hedgehogs. I suspect he probably isn't a particularly nice human being.

Was just going to post Miller is an arse .

Apparently an arse with strange hobbies too !

36 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

He isn't saying it to start a discussion though. It's to get tims frothing at the mouth and likes from huns. It's all about attention seeking and is the lowest form of "journalism", if you can even call it that.

Millers not a journalist

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Wait til we win it next season 😜😜🇱🇻🇱🇻

Weakest tournament for years. Team we couldn’t afford. Lucky draws. A B and C should have been sent off. Big clubs weren’t interested in it Blah Blah bleeding blah 😑 

Ainsley Harriott

The European Cup was the equivalent to the Champions League in terms of standard. It's like comparing winning the championship to the SPL. Kenny is wrong in my opinion

It’s complete sensationalist nonsense. A team of local guys winning arguably  the biggest trophy in world club football versus a a bunch of players who get paid 20k+ a week and bought for millions. 

The only thing it would eclipse would be Celtics failure in Seville.

Whats a bigger debate for me is what’s the best achievement; Rangers winning the Europa or Celtic winning this years title?

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

As usual he is talking absolute pish!

dannymack
2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Different generation, different style of football, I'd say Rangers winning the Europa League would be an outstanding feat considering where they've been and what they've achieved in such a short space of time. 

Kenny Miller would have been better to not mention 1967 in his statement. 

If Rangers win that trophy then I'll look forward to the Tim'plosion with that horrible lot regurgitating their 1967 bollocks to try and dampen any Rangers high spirits. 

If the new Rangers win the Europa Cup, they will not let them forget about it.    I think eventually Celtic fans will get jealous putting more pressure on their board.    67 wasn't experienced by the majority and that will hurt.   So I think it will mean more than 67.   

No. 

Celtic’s win in 67 made them the top team in Europe. IF Sevco win it’ll make them about 33rd best.

When Robbie and 49 year old Craig Gordon leads us to Champions League Glory in 10 years time it will eclipse both. 

Bookmark it!

A_A wehatethehibs

I would say there’s a case there IMO

The financial gulf was not the same in 67. The modern day has shown how money spent results in success. But Rangers have beaten some financial superpowers.

In 67 most of the clubs it was local based players. It was a different sport really, there was more chance of anyone beating anyone and putting a team together, Celtic can rightly take pride in that. But it’s so different to the modern day. There’ll never be another team like that. In the modern day it’s about finances and they’ve used that as their comfort blanket for why they’ve been battered everywhere they go. But rangers have shown them up. 

These days with the money involved and the sports science, it’s a serious vast vast disadvantage Rangers have overcome. These players they’ve been up against have been superior standard. You have got to take your hat off, especially if they can lift it. RB Leipzig had an entire team of €20m euro players and have beaten Man City this season. €40m striker up front. And Borussia as well, a step up well beyond that. Rangers put 6 past them.

Credit to Eintracht as well, they have had an inspirational run so whoever wins it, it’s a historic achievement. 

David McCaig
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Celtic played 4 games to reach the final. I don't know the the quality of the opposing teams but I dare say there wasn't the huge gulf as there is now.

Zurich 

Nantes

Vojvodina

Dukla Prague

Inter Milan

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Ach I thought this was going to be about Bob Valentine and Brian McGinlay.

I'm fairly sure we'd ALL be in agreement with that allegation.

I don't see why it has to be better or lesser. The one-upmanship is ****ing boring.

They were both magnificent achievements (if they win it) but in a different era's of football that shouldn't really be compared. 

If Rangers win it then it will eclipse their ECWC win in 1972.  It doesn't eclipse becoming European champions, regardless of how tougher it now is to win European trophies.  

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Ked said:

I think Celtics achievement reflects better on Scottish football given that their players were all Scottish.

Credit where its due though if Rangers succeed its a fantastic achievement given the financial gulf between Scottish football and other European leagues.

Especially for a club that's only a few years old.:10900:

Tommy Brown
50 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Especially for a club that's only a few years old.:10900:

Exactly, only cup won so far, was the Super Diddy cup.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Exactly, only cup won so far, was the Super Diddy cup.

👍

The answer's really obvious.

If you're talking to a Celtic supporter, just quietly and reasonably point out that Rangers' achievement is clearly better in the context of the modern era and the evolution of the game over 55 years.

If you're talking to a Rangers supporter, just quietly and reasonably point out that Celtic were first in Britain to win the big one, and no-one can eclipse that.

Quietly and reasonably.  No need for trolling or wind-ups at all.