Dunfermline Athletic.

Angel eyes

1 hour ago, Australis said:

I imagine Yogi Hughes stock has  fallen completely flat now?

I expected him to be sacked yesterday or today.

I could be wrong but think his contract was only until the end of the season. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• PortyBeach

• Unknown user

• GinRummy

been here before
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I could be wrong but think his contract was only until the end of the season. 

End of next season I think.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

End of next season I think.

Makes sense. As soon as I typed that post I realised he’d be away already if he was only hired until the end of the season  

TexasAndy

Scottish football needs teams like Dunfermline in the top league.  Sad to see them drop to league one.  

36 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Scottish football needs teams like Dunfermline in the top league.  Sad to see them drop to league one.  

Why? If they are not good enough footballing wise they don't deserve to be there

I think its brutal that teams like Dunfermline, Falkirk and Raith all being in the lower leagues.

These are grounds near by that I really enjoy visiting on away days.

Edited by Lambo85

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I think its brutal that teams like Dunfermline, Falkirk and Raith all being in the lower leagues.

These are grounds near by that I really enjoy visiting on away days.

Nothing stopping you visiting them next season. 

TexasAndy
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Why? If they are not good enough footballing wise they don't deserve to be there

Just simply the size and potential of the club.  If they were doing what Livvie and Ross County were doing they would have 3 times the crowd.   Not saying they have a divine right.  

Australis

They could do worse than going for Dick Campbell and giving him a proper wage.

He would motivate them, build confidence and get them organised.

What a disaster Yogi has turned out to be.

132goals1958
29 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Just simply the size and potential of the club.  If they were doing what Livvie and Ross County were doing they would have 3 times the crowd.   Not saying they have a divine right.  

Agree with you. Might be architects of their own demise bus sad nevertheless.

No issue with Dunfermline at all.  One of the least offensive clubs going. 

Malinga the Swinga

Dunfermline aren't a big club, they have a pish support and a board of *****.

If they went out of existence, the 30 or 40 season ticket holders might get upset but nobody else would even notice.

Save your concerns for Hearts, the rest of these clubs don't merit a second thought.

Spent most of their existence in the second division (or below) and not even the most successful team in Fife...yep, the top flight really need them. 🙄🖕👋

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't think anyone could argue though that East End Park is a better ground for atmosphere than sterile new builds like Livingston's and St Johnstone's.

14 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I don't think anyone could argue though that East End Park is a better ground for atmosphere than sterile new builds like Livingston's and St Johnstone's.

Of course, but they're a disgusting little club who suck the OF boaby and voted to expel us from the top flight. I hope the cesspit burns to the ground.

RedStarRiot

I think the top flight would be better with Dunfermline. Decent size home crowds, easy to get to with the stadium central within the town and plenty pubs.

I remember in the early 2000s having some decent games against them as well in the battle for 3rd. Falkirk, Raith and Scumdee as well would be good in an expanded top flight. 

Hope Dunfermline get promoted.

Lived there for 10 years. Son born there. Bigger club than many and have had some decent games with them so I don't share the hatred of all bar us.

Hagar the Horrible
50 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Lived there for 10 years. Son born there. Bigger club than many and have had some decent games with them so I don't share the hatred of all bar us.

Dont hate them. I just hate what they did. Part of the plan to do us over. Karma. They all should better next time they side with liewell

Weakened Offender
9 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I'm pretty sure that if you asked Pars fans if they'd prefer to be in the top league or in a Championship that contained Raith Rovers, Airdrie and Falkirk, they'd pick the latter. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Dunfermline aren't a big club, they have a pish support and a board of *****.

If they went out of existence, the 30 or 40 season ticket holders might get upset but nobody else would even notice.

Save your concerns for Hearts, the rest of these clubs don't merit a second thought.

Relatively speaking their support is decent. Averaged 3500 this season - 2nd highest in championship - and only just short of the likes of Livvy, Ross County and St J. And that’s without being boosted by home games against the old firm and us. 

3 hours ago, deejtee said:

Size wise, they should be a bottom 6 top flight side. I'm not really sure why they keep lurching from one disaster to another. Don't think they seem to have much of a plan.

SomethingAboutObua

Surely the club has a relegation clause in Hughes' contract? I'm assuming Dunfermline aren't officially relegated until the SPFL Playoffs or Season is over as a whole? Can't believe DAFC Fussball are actually considering keeping him on? 

SomethingAboutObua
27 minutes ago, OTT said:

Size wise, they should be a bottom 6 top flight side. I'm not really sure why they keep lurching from one disaster to another. Don't think they seem to have much of a plan.

The way I see it is Hibs, Utd and us all thought we were too big to worry about relegation despite alarming slides that were on-going for more than just our relegation seasons. Dunfermline were bizarrely still doing that whilst in the most competitive league in the country. 

Just mad the state they're in, first thing you'd do if you owned them would be to look at what Hamilton, St Johnstone and Livi did, instead they almost seem hell bent on avoiding promotion 

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Of course, but they're a disgusting little club who suck the OF boaby and voted to expel us from the top flight. I hope the cesspit burns to the ground.

I hope your last sentence doesn't happen, I stay downwind of the ground, don't want any sparks reaching ma hoose 😉

Unknown user
On 08/05/2022 at 13:19, Rudiscoresagain said:

I think Inverness, Patrick, Stranraer and Kelty are the good guys. 
Everyone in Premier are tier 1 hate and everyone else are tier 2 hate. 
I might be wrong though. 

I'm pretty sure East Fife are gid ****s but I can't remember why

Allowayjambo1874
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm pretty sure East Fife are gid ****s but I can't remember why

They voted consistently with hearts when the covid season was curtailed, even though it made not one iota of difference to them. 

You do wonder how many clubs Hughes will have to relegate (3 as it stands) before his mates in the media stop touting him for jobs. When Lennon left Celtic, Chic Young suggested him as a candidate to replace him.

46 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

You do wonder how many clubs Hughes will have to relegate (3 as it stands) before his mates in the media stop touting him for jobs. When Lennon left Celtic, Chic Young suggested him as a candidate to replace him.

Chic young 😂 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Chick's bluenose credentials showing there for sure 😉

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Chick's bluenose credentials showing there for sure 😉

Is it only the weeg that nickname a Charles as chick……very strange.

17 hours ago, Australis said:

They could do worse than going for Dick Campbell and giving him a proper wage.

He would motivate them, build confidence and get them organised.

What a disaster Yogi has turned out to be.

I was at a sportsmans dinner to mark their promotion season when Bert Paton and Campbell were in charge. Pars fans absolutely love Dick Campbell.

Harry Potter
20 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Aye just like our premiership needed Hearts in the top league, but no one gave a thought about that .

plus we went down without playing all the games, joke.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Is it only the weeg that nickname a Charles as chick……very strange.

It sounds very weeg. I wish he had had been called Richard though as Dick sums him up better😂

17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No issue with Dunfermline at all.  One of the least offensive clubs going. 

image.png.7ddbdc22e25ac92c043ffc559bd6f01d.pngbollocks to Dunfermline Athletic, ever since 1968, 1983 or 1988... you chose 👍

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye just like our premiership needed Hearts in the top league, but no one gave a thought about that .

plus we went down without playing all the games, joke.

This is the point. Folk forget far too soon imo. Nothing against Pars fans but karma has a habit of biting you on the arse.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

They voted consistently with hearts when the covid season was curtailed, even though it made not one iota of difference to them. 

Thank you.

East Fife - gid ****s

avhudtheteeshirt

To think last season they were tipped to run us close for the Championship?

One season later they are staring relegation in the face??

Thought this only happened to diddy clubs, just goes to show, your only really as good as your last result!!!!

Cairneyhill Jambo
43 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

To think last season they were tipped to run us close for the Championship?

One season later they are staring relegation in the face??

Thought this only happened to diddy clubs, just goes to show, your only really as good as your last result!!!!

They are now relegated and their Fife Derby next season will be against Kelty Hearts. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

A club that still lives on its success in the 60s. 

Rick James
On 07/05/2022 at 17:26, The Tackle said:

I forget, are Dunfermline a club we hate?

Only been to Dunfermline once for a pre-season friendly some years ago, and a fair chunk of their crowd were more interested in just screaming abuse at Hearts fans for 90 minutes. Weirdos.

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Only been to Dunfermline once for a pre-season friendly some years ago, and a fair chunk of their crowd were more interested in just screaming abuse at Hearts fans for 90 minutes. Weirdos.

When last in the top flight, their fans were exactly the same when we played our 'derbies' against them......

14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I was at a sportsmans dinner to mark their promotion season when Bert Paton and Campbell were in charge. Pars fans absolutely love Dick Campbell.

Current board and Campbell don’t get on though most of current board, including Leishman, came off the board last night. Maybe there is a chance though I’d be surprised if Campbell had any appetite for a return. 

12 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

They are now relegated and their Fife Derby next season will be against Kelty Hearts. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

Their real grudge match is back though. Four games against Falkirk. 

WheatfieldWarrior
13 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

With the pyramid opening up in recent years  there is a a deluge of new (or at least new to the top 4 tiers), hungry lower league clubs keen to make their mark, while the older deadwood sinks to the bottom and ultimately drops out of the league.

I don't see Dunfermline going back up anytime soon tbh.  Cove, Peterhead, Edinburgh City, Kelty, soon to be joined by Bonnyrigg are all clawing their way up.  Sides like Albion Rovers,  Stirling Albion,  East Stirling and Berwick Rangers that have been crap for decades are no longer protected.

Sides that drop out of the Championship can fall like a stone Brechin finished last, 4 years running and Cowdenbeath who are soon to drop out of the league were in the Championship with us in 13/14.

Alec Eiffel

What my schoolboy brain could not comprehend is how Roy Barry could captain Dunfermline to the 1968 Scottish Cup against Hearts.

15 hours ago, Locky said:

Seriously ? 

I suppose this depends on your age right enough but an awayday to Dunfermline was deemed a 'pencil the fixture into the calendar" day out.

Early train, last train/taxi home. 

Huge crowds in the late 80s, cup ties were excellent too. 

Dunfermline had a decent casual mob too and in between popping into the watering holes there was always a stramash near the East Port precinct to view. 

Changed days now though. 

17 hours ago, Locky said:

That pretty much sums up every set of fans...it not exclusive to any club...