Ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As the part you quoted said (although should read “as”, not “a”) Atkinson wasn’t as culpable as the rest of the back 4 were defensively. I’m not talking just the goals, Celtic had half their team consistently wander into our box without any threat of being tracked, marked, picked up by any defender as they kept their eyes on the ball. It was amateur stuff you wouldn’t let kids off for doing.

I know that. Atkinson was part of the back four. His defending was utterly woeful from start to finish yesterday and his ‘attempt’ to match Maeda’s run at the first goal is worse than amateur.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I know that. Atkinson was part of the back four. His defending was utterly woeful from start to finish yesterday and his ‘attempt’ to match Maeda’s run at the first goal is worse than amateur.

I think he did enough overall to warrant pass parks in all honesty. (We’re talking 5 or 6 here, nothing grand) I feel a lot of the things Kingsley is getting credit for in the second half Atkinson did in the first half. But all about opinions and such. As I say, not going to argue with those that give Kingsley pass marks, I just know I was shouting at my TV more because of what he and Moore were doing than Atkinson. One point towards the end of the game Haring had to come back tracking a run that Kingsley didn’t see as he was just there standing watching. Don’t know if they were told to mark zonally for 90 minutes and not get touch tight, or it was a game to show Kingsley isn’t a natural centre back, but defensively and positional awareness wise it was one of it the not the worst performances I’ve seen from him in a Hearts shirt. But he has high standards, so I’m not saying he should be dropped or anything, just saying he needs to look back on that 90 minutes knowing he was not good enough.

upgotheheads

With two games left before the final what do folk think will be the questions for RN to answer before he picks the team? For me it's the Boyce problem, every poster on here has rightly slated his performance yesterday, but in truth his  loss of form has been obvious for months. Our defence without Souttar and more importantly Halkett will hopefully sort itself before the final, but who can replace Boyce? Personally I would like to see Gino or maybe Woodburn start through the middle with Simms, but  Boyce in his current form should not be starting.