Tactics

Ex member of the SaS

Ex member of the SaS

I know it's been discussed before but circumstance have changed dramatically.

We now need to think of fielding a second team when we face Sevco the game before the cup final. They may well try to do the same and kick us to bits. We should also not use the tactics we will employ in the final as this would give them an insight as to how we will play. Send out a second string and keep the plan for the cup under wraps.

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I know it's been discussed before but circumstance have changed dramatically.

We now need to think of fielding a second team when we face Sevco the game before the cup final. They may well try to do the same and kick us to bits. We should also not use the tactics we will employ in the final as this would give them an insight as to how we will play. Send out a second string and keep the plan for the cup under wraps.

They won’t be the least interested in this game unless the title is still alive. Maybe you haven’t heard they’ve got a European final 4 days later

Bazzas right boot

They have travel and  a final  4 days later. 

Rangers aren't a dirty team either, well not in the sense you mean. 

I think Neilson and co will have it covered there is little you can take from the last few games in terms of how the same players will perform in the final because every one will play at a nother 30 %

You should know all about tactics. 

Being ex SAS and all that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by ShedBoy

Mikey1874
11 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Aye, they probably haven't seen us play before.. 😂😂

Lol

Being playing the same last 3 or 4 months certainly playing Simms with Boyce it's pretty clear how we play

Rick Sanchez

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Devlin

Sibbick

Cochrane

Ginnelly

Woodburn

GMS

We can't start with 2 in midfield in the final,  it would be suicide.

Gordon 

Souttar   Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson               Cochrane 

Devlin  Haring  Halliday 

Simms   Mckay 

Get a foothold  in the game then push on .......

Dick Dastardly
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lol

Being playing the same last 3 or 4 months certainly playing Simms with Boyce it's pretty clear how we play

We could maybe fool them if we play differently in that one game though... 

Wonder if both teams might just put out the reserves? Neither wants to pick up injuries and its pretty much a dead rubber. 

28 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Beautiful

33 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

:rofl:

After today we need to review our intensity and concentration first.  After a bright start it ended up like most performances through there in patches. 

Too much ball watching and not enough response or reading of the game around our box to keep pressure on the ball. 

i wish jj was my dad

I think we might treat both games a bit differently. 

As will the bad guys.

Might just be an idea to let Robbie work it out? 

DesertDawg

I have a hard time believing that Van Bronckhorst and Robbie will tell their team to kick lumps out of each other, like Maloney, (who was desperate to save his job and reputation did) especially before critical games for both clubs.

Today's game didn't bother me that much.  Sure, a win would would have been nice, having got up at 4.05am (a tad late) here in Arizona to find that we'd already scored and were looking comfortable, but it was a real learning experience for Robbie.

If Souttar, Halkett and Devlin can get a couple of games, we can beat Rangers.  If not, Haring will definitely still step up to get the win that he should have got in Craig Levein's team a couple of year's ago....especially if he's planning on going home. 

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

Gordon 

Devlin  Haring  Halliday 

Simms   Mckay 

Exactly the team I would pick for the final.  Imo Boyce has played himself out of the starting line-up.

That back 4 is terrific.  Best we've had in years.

We have every chance.

We'll be paying good odds here and I fancy myself making a good wedge.

Pasquale for King

He’s played two academy players all season, who are these reserves he’s going to play 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽?

pettigrewsstylist

Protect Smith, Soutter and Halkett for me. Devlin may benefit from a game, but cotton wool that defence. 

tiger Rudi
10 hours ago, ramrod said:

Gordon 

Devlin  Haring  Halliday 

Simms   Mckay 

Exactly. As soon as I saw the team for the Celtic game I thought we were in for a hiding. Haring isolated and trying to hold the midfield together by himself. He needs more than Sibbick in there with him. McKay & Ginnelly out wide just doesn't work against the Old Firm when we are under the cosh. I hope Devlin & Halliday are available for the final. Play them with Haring, 3 in the middle of the park keeping it tight. If that ends up 5,3,2 then so be it. McKay & Ginelly both starting out wide doesn't work. Will need to sacrifice Boyce at least until half time. Our midfield gets over run against better teams with just two. 

tiger Rudi

Yes Devlin Haring & Halliday must start if fit. If Cochrane & Atkinson can get forward as much as they can when we have possession. Look at Simms goal in the semi. It was Cochrane that won back possession being advanced and getting in their faces. It can resort to a 5 at the back when needed. Give McKay a free role behind Simms. Bring on Boyce & Ginnelly late on if we need to change things, hoping rangers will be tired after extra time & penalties earlier in the week lol. If Souttar, Halkett & Kingsley all make it, I'm feeling we could do this. 

Nelly Terraces
11 hours ago, ramrod said:

Gordon 

Devlin  Haring  Halliday 

Simms   Mckay 

That looks decent. Agree, 2 in midfield would get totally overrun. That side gives us strength in the middle & at the back but is mobile enough to get forward/create chances.

It seems to me that the difference between us and Rantic (apart from the fact they can afford better players) is the intensity and speed they play at.  We need to be on the front foot more and stop taking two or three touches before passing.  We played really well first 20/25 minutes then we seemed to back off instead of pressing.  

Des Lynam
11 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

:gok: 

Although it’s a nothing game, guys like Souttar and Devlin will desperately need minutes if they are looking to start in the final. Can’t just throw them into the starting 11 in the final without some game time. Could really do with them both for the final. Hope to see them both play midweek.

Other than guys who need the minutes, I’d rest the full team including Gordon. Not worth the risk at all.

A_A wehatethehibs

In all likelihood they will just play half a youth team themselves at Tynecastle, so very little to read into the setups, the game or result imo. Hopefully an entertaining game for the fans though.