The Eagles

Don Dan

Looking to buy tickets to see The Eagles what’s the best way to buy them? Viagogo? Or is there alternative tickets sellers? 

. It’s been years since I ever bought tickets for a big band gig needs advice thanks in advance.

Captain Slog
5 hours ago, Imaman said:

Looking to buy tickets to see The Eagles what’s the best way to buy them? Viagogo? Or is there alternative tickets sellers? 

. It’s been years since I ever bought tickets for a big band gig needs advice thanks in advance.

Go look at the SLF thread, i was much the same.

Got tickets for Greenday, Slf and rammstein online, and wow the prices vary.  30 for slf.  We got 75 for Greenday but they shot up immediately after, 75 for Rammstein in Cardiff.

Was ticketmaster - but wow - i saw Rammstein tickets at 800 quid so be careful.

I was going to go to the ticket shop in rose st, bloke on the other thread then recommended it.

Weakened Offender
31 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

Go look at the SLF thread, i was much the same.

Got tickets for Greenday, Slf and rammstein online, and wow the prices vary.  30 for slf.  We got 75 for Greenday but they shot up immediately after, 75 for Rammstein in Cardiff.

Was ticketmaster - but wow - i saw Rammstein tickets at 800 quid so be careful.

I was going to go to the ticket shop in rose st, bloke on the other thread then recommended it.

I saw Rammstein in 2005. They were top notch entertainment. 

Captain Slog
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Im maroon with envy.  I never checked the dates when booking, have to go from Glasgow to Cardiff the next day to see Greenday then Rammstein i think.  And work still hasnt confirmed the days off.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

Im maroon with envy.  I never checked the dates when booking, have to go from Glasgow to Cardiff the next day to see Greenday then Rammstein i think.  And work still hasnt confirmed the days off.

I'm not a fan. I was there in a work capacity. I watched a few YouTube clips prior to the gig and thought it would be beyond chronic. It was the complete opposite, a brilliant experience. 

Diadora Van Basten

When I did the Hampden tour they said that they needed to use the two changing rooms as the didn’t get on anymore.

Funnily enough I listed to Hotel California today and really enjoyed it.

Disser Pointon

As an aside, the missus and I saw the Illegal Eagles at the Playhouse last Sunday and they were superb, £30 a ticket.

frankblack
1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

As an aside, the missus and I saw the Illegal Eagles at the Playhouse last Sunday and they were superb, £30 a ticket.

Not interested in tribute acts.

I would rather pay to see a band with one original member than a tribute act.

You can go to Ibrox to see a tribute act.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Not interested in tribute acts.

I would rather pay to see a band with one original member than a tribute act.

You can go to Ibrox to see a tribute act.

Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Seen many a band and their trubute acts. Being a musician its quite enjoyable watching tributes.

frankblack
1 minute ago, Pap said:

Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Seen many a band and their trubute acts. Being a musician its quite enjoyable watching tributes.

Each to their own.

I just don't consider them relevant unless members of the band recorded some of the music.

No help or guidance yet about buying tickets! Come On Kickback yous can do better 🙏🏻

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Imaman said:

No help or guidance yet about buying tickets! Come On Kickback yous can do better 🙏🏻

Current tickets for Murrayfield 22.06.22

Screenshot_20220507-215605_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Listen to Jethro Tull's we used to know and Hotel California. 

👍

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Current tickets for Murrayfield 22.06.22

Screenshot_20220507-215605_Samsung Internet.jpg

is this the best platform to buy tickets.

frankblack
22 minutes ago, Imaman said:

is this the best platform to buy tickets.

If you like to be ripped off, yes.

A Boy Named Crow

The Eagles aren't really my thing,  middle of the road dad (actually, grandfather) rock... but,  if they ARE your thing,  you should go to see them when you can,  while it's worth it. 

I saw Roger Waters do The Wall in 2011, it was absolutely cracking, I saw him again a few years ago doing a more greatest his kind of show. Age had taken his voice,  it was tragic to watch. 

These guys have a performing shelf life,  if you want to see them,  don't leave it too long. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

If you like to be ripped off, yes.

Thanks what’s the alternatives? 

frankblack
2 hours ago, Imaman said:

Thanks what’s the alternatives? 

For second-hand ticket market?

I thought this was sold out - doesn't appear to be.  I just went onto Ticketmaster for Murrayfield and got offered tickets at West stand for just over £50.

Viagogo has been on Watchdog numerous times for a number of issues.

I remember going to a Foo Fighters gig at the O2 Arena about 4 years ago and they banned anyone from entering with tickets purchased from that site.

Captain Slog

I used ticketmaster for Greenday Imaman, electronic tickets came through without any problems.

frankblack

You should use any one of the official vendors selling tickets to get them.  I wonder if Murrayfield sell tickets at their own ticket office in person - sometimes you can avoid the "booking fee" by going direct in person.

For other events that are sold out we used twickets, which is a fan-to-fan resale site to sell tickets at no more than face value.  My brother and I were booked for Guns N Roses in London around 2017 and he noticed that the Stone Roses had a sold out Wembley gig for the day after.  We got face value pitch tickets from Twickets for that to make it a weekend of it.

Thanks guys great info for a grandad who likes the Eagles 

Edited by Imaman