Locked out of hotmail

Muppetboy

Muppetboy

My son accidentally locked me out of my Hotmail account therefore I’ve no access to emails etc. He was trying to alter something on his Xbox account. Now when we ask to get sent a code to my phone it says I’ve tried too many times to reset and to try again tomorrow, which I have done. Can anyone give any advice? I’ve tried to do the Microsoft form to get back in again but it says I’ve not submitted the amount of information I need to which is nonsense as I have done

hughesie27

Assume the code to phone never worked then?

Oy thing to do is speak to Microsoft themselves.

I'm sure you need to give them an alternative email address when signing up so perhaps a code could be sent to that?

Other options might be trying other devices you've used before that still have you logged in/your password saved?

Muppetboy
48 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Assume the code to phone never worked then?

Oy thing to do is speak to Microsoft themselves.

I'm sure you need to give them an alternative email address when signing up so perhaps a code could be sent to that?

Other options might be trying other devices you've used before that still have you logged in/your password saved?

The code thing said that cos we had tried too many times then to try again tomorrow (today) which we did. I went through an online details form and supplied a lot of information only I would know but they say it’s not enough.

thanks tho mate

Is his Xbox still doing something to your account causing it to lock? Try logging out of it from there, then waiting a day to get the code.

9 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

When most Hotmail accounts were set up it was people's first and only email address. I tried to reactivate my one a few weeks ago out of curiosity as I hadn't used it for years and wondered if there was anything in it. I couldn't remember the password and it was such a nightmare I just gave up. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

When most Hotmail accounts were set up it was people's first and only email address. I tried to reactivate my one a few weeks ago out of curiosity as I hadn't used it for years and wondered if there was anything in it. I couldn't remember the password and it was such a nightmare I just gave up. 

just think how many nigerian princes money you will have missed out on, or all the new lady friends you could have made

Just now, milky_26 said:

just think how many nigerian princes money you will have missed out on, or all the new lady friends you could have made

And pleasured them with my newly extended penis and fake chebs I was offered.

hughesie27
19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That's certainly true for me. I do no how a backup Gmail linked to it now though so they must have added that at some point in the last 15 years!

jambostuart

I've been locked out of mine a couple of times. I have a linked email address, and failing that I use Skype so can list contacts on Skype etc when they ask for information on the form. I don't use an Xbox but I'd be surprised if you weren't able to provide information from your XBox account if it's linked?