Suggestions for making the end of the season more exciting for h1b5

PHSCAndy

So I was thinking that with us executing the ‘coup de grace’ with regards to h1b5 aspirations of a Scottish Cup final and also making the top 6 - we have prematurely ended there season.

Whilst we can all wish, it’s highly unlikely that they will be involved in any relegation playoff scenario due to their win in that Paisley thriller - so effectively after that result their season effectively ended even although they still had/have 4 outstanding fixtures.

They still have their ‘Player Of The Year’ award to look forward to but basically that’s it which for Edinburghs ‘Flair’ team is really quite sad.

I was thinking about how we as good neighbours could help them keep their season alive - more exciting if you like.

My suggestion would be a ‘Manager Of The Season’ award.

I know it’s currently only a 2 horse race however if they appointed a new manager before end of season finished then it could make it really exciting for them - any thoughts/suggestions welcomed.

1971fozzy

FTH.    Rotting away nicely. 
copying Romanov’s structure but minus the cup wins .

Matter of time before the con gets fed up and sells the piggery. 

The Hogfather

To be fair, their big team are on the verge of winning the league so it’s not all doom and gloom for them. 

Hasty decision of the season award.

Ron the Con has already admitted they might have been hasty in sacking Jack Ross, might have been hasty in appointing the hobbit, and has offloaded their top earning player who was signed as 'one for the future' after 4 months.

FoH should buy them, salvage the big screens, raze the stadium to the ground and erect a statue of Wallace Mercer in the middle of a minefield. 

Sponsor of the year award. 

Bonus points if your sponsor ceases trading misway through a contract without any indication it was going to happen, and extra bonus points if the boy running the "company" looks less trustworthy than this:

Info_Ricky-1-1.png

Edited by tian447

They could just follow Porteous around Woodburn with a film crew each weekend and then screen the results at half time on their big teles

46 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Sister of the month award.

Is the winner! 🤣

Dick Dastardly
49 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Perhaps they could creep round town at night accusing folk of chatting up their sister?? 

Synchronised spoon burning. A methadone tasting evening at the San Giro, perhaps. 

10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Synchronised spoon burning. A methadone tasting evening at the San Giro, perhaps. 

skag and spoon race could work

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, PHSCAndy said:

So I was thinking that with us executing the ‘coup de grace’ with regards to h1b5 aspirations of a Scottish Cup final and also making the top 6 - we have prematurely ended there season.

Whilst we can all wish, it’s highly unlikely that they will be involved in any relegation playoff scenario due to their win in that Paisley thriller - so effectively after that result their season effectively ended even although they still had/have 4 outstanding fixtures.

They still have their ‘Player Of The Year’ award to look forward to but basically that’s it which for Edinburghs ‘Flair’ team is really quite sad.

I was thinking about how we as good neighbours could help them keep their season alive - more exciting if you like.

My suggestion would be a ‘Manager Of The Season’ award.

I know it’s currently only a 2 horse race however if they appointed a new manager before end of season finished then it could make it really exciting for them - any thoughts/suggestions welcomed.

They're heading for admin when Ron the Con pulls the plug. He could just do it now and get their points deduction in, making things much more interesting at the bottom of the table!

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

They could just follow Porteous around Woodburn with a film crew each weekend and then screen the results at half time on their big teles

Tumbler throwing competition at half-time.

Porto-loo to present prize to the winner.

Just now, Yoda said:

Tumbler throwing competition at half-time.

Porto-loo to present prize to the winner.

Lucky dip containing all the things him and his pals have choried from neighbours gardens

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lucky dip containing all the things him and his pals have choried from neighbours gardens

:gok:

The "Feigning a head knock award"

A number of worthy candidates but I think Porto would be leading comfortably.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps they could screen a load of Hearts wins v Hibs and they could vote on which one was most embarrassing.

For us.

Or they could have an electronic voting system where they chose the excuse for why they lost on each occasion ………

1- financial doping

2- cheating Masonic referee

3- we would rather lose playing pretty

4- Hearts care about the derby more than us

A competition to see who gets closest to the figure, in tens of millions, that they're going to get for their big name players this summer. The winner gets a season ticket and the runner up gets two🤣.

Just now, jonesy said:

They might have a hard time with this one...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3222838.stm

Not so …………… we were more interested in an ugly industrial bombardment of their goal and they had to keep their flair players back to stem the tide other wise it would have been keepy uppies up the park and over head kicks in a 10 - 0 Hibs win

TyphoonJambo

A sponsored sister swap. Look under your seat at half time to see the number of the person you swap with.  If you're winning seat isn't occupied you go home empty handed. Well at least until you get home to Pamela. 

Could help both breed them out and maybe increase the gene pool of the ones lucky enough to couple with someone outside their immediate family.

Edited by TypoonJambo

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Or they could have an electronic voting system where they chose the excuse for why they lost on each occasion ………

1- financial doping

2- cheating Masonic referee

3- we would rather lose playing pretty

4- Hearts care about the derby more than us

:)

John Findlay

Miss Lochend competition where the qualifying  criteria is, you have to be someone's granny, mum and sister, but still be aged below 35.

Absolute Scenes

They could play an owl version of Guess Who but call it Guess Hoot

disclaimer, they are all Chris Muellers owls

Edited by Absolute Scenes

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Miss Lochend competition where the qualifying  criteria is, you have to be someone's granny, mum and sister, but still be aged below 35.

There will be no shortage of candidates.

6 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Equality. 

Sibling of the month award. 

How about an East of Scotland Shield game at ER. First team derby to compensate for the missing 4th Premier League game.

Mind you, if by more exciting we mean better, then maybe not.

How much more despair can the poor buggers take.

43 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You’ll have to add more qualifications, John.

That would be just too many slappers going for the big prize.

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps they could screen a load of Hearts wins v Hibs and they could vote on which one was most embarrassing.

For us.

Combine that with a vote for which game was their best performance.

At singing

Ronald Villiers

What about a timed pull yer dad off your sister competition.  Ron the Con gets a shot at the winners sister and gets to 'pull the dad off' as the winner watches whilst burning his spoon.  The fans can watch it on the wee screens at the San Giro and do the thunder clap to the rhythm of Ron's thrust.  

Angry Haggis
2 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

What about a timed pull yer dad off your sister competition.  Ron the Con gets a shot at the winners sister and gets to 'pull the dad off' as the winner watches whilst burning his spoon.  The fans can watch it on the wee screens at the San Giro and do the thunder clap to the rhythm of Ron's thrust.  

Your a sick puppy Hutz 😂

Ronald Villiers
3 minutes ago, Angry Haggis said:

Your a sick puppy Hutz 😂

I thought that after I posted it. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I thought that after I posted it. 🤣

Many a slip tween tongue and lips, ( and some hibs supporter pipes up from the back ‘ that’s wut ma suster said’ )

Deid Heid
8 hours ago, Deevers said:

A nice wee vintage methadone, they prefer the blend from the most wertern stills of MacFarlane Smith.

Is it just  a caoncidence that their club colurs are "Methadone Green"?

image.png.e08e93404e3cda04db0bc59bc237d3e2.png

Ronald Villiers
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Many a slip tween tongue and lips, ( and some hibs supporter pipes up from the back ‘ that’s wut ma suster said’ )

🤣👍

Ronald Villiers
18 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

A nice wee vintage methadone, they prefer the blend from the most wertern stills of MacFarlane Smith.

Is it just  a caoncidence that their club colurs are "Methadone Green"?

image.png.e08e93404e3cda04db0bc59bc237d3e2.png

Rumour has it that they used to play in white but the kit man washed the strips in the same sink as the methadone cups, hence the bile coloured strips.

TyphoonJambo

The Tony's. 5 are monkeys. One is Tony Mowbray.  A prize for first to spot the top primate.

Percival King

Maybe at 5am in the morning for the next couple of Saturdays they could help the police and the council rehearse our cup final homecoming parade. The players could get on the open top bus and pretend to be a successful team and the supporters could pretend to support a big club. I can get my son to make one of those cardboard and tinfoil Scottish Cups, they'll never know the difference. 

Fxxx the SPFL
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Woodburn doesn’t do much running though 😜

19 hours ago, Jodami said:

FoH should buy them, salvage the big screens, raze the stadium to the ground and erect a statue of Wallace Mercer in the middle of a minefield. 

Need to learn from Mercer, trying to expediate their demise wasn't the right thing to do, they're doing a fine job of that themselves. 

Leave Ron to it and they'll be a shell of themselves inside 5 years. 

He's already clearly wanting rid of them, so I'm hoping he goes poundland Mike Ashley and cuts the cord entirely. leaves them on life support getting pumped regularly from everyone and anyone. 

buzzbomb1958

A new soap opera (I use the word soap sparingly) about inbred families a tale of crime and incest called Albion Road, or we could start a competition to find the Scottish version of the Clampett family and the winners receive an all expenses paid holiday to Peru with Ron and his son as the judges

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

Bull's-eye

I'd imagine the judging for the Semi Final dress as a seat competition is taking up all the time at the StickleBrick Arena. So many competitors to sort through.