It's happening.....

Bozi

So on the 24th on March I posted this on Twitter and here...Needless to say some folk think I'm a dreamer but this is getting closer to a reality (with the exception of Rangers being in the driving seat for the league)

Been thinking about the best case scenario for the rest of the season and while a stretch,  it could happen. 
Though it depends a lot on TheRangers getting agonisingly close to glory...Bear with me here....

First up we take care of business and pump Hibs at Tynecastle, ensure they are bottom 6, hammer them at Hampden booking a final spot and 8 games in Europe next season. TheRangers win the cup semi to book a final place against us.

TheRangers and Celtic go to the final day, with TheRangers fighting for a treble and in the driving seat to wrap up the league. TheRangers suffer a last minute equaliser, handing Celtic the title and breaking them.

They then go into the Europa league final on Wednesday the  18th where they defend brilliantly for 90 minutes, take the game to extra time where the arse falls out of them and they lose a couple of goals and the chance at glory.

Roll on Scottish cup Saturday where a mentally and physically broken TheRangers get ripped apart by Barrie and Boyce, handing the Jambos a glorious Scottish Cup win.

Robbie Nielson becomes a true Hearts legend,Robbie haters on Kickback spontaneously combust in fury 😂

6 all fantasy I know but if somehow the stars were to align then there may end up a national shortage of Kleenex

That was the best result for us tonight and as you say hopefully they get ragdolled for 120 mins in Seville and lose on pens with a shitload of tired limbs and injuries. 

Telford_jambo123
2 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

We must go into the Europa League as one of the favourites now.

We won’t be seeded for the europa league play off

12 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

It's not a seeding as such.  We'll go in as a Priority 1 team, that's teams who enter at the 4th qualifying round.  It means we'll get a team who progressed from the 3rd qualifying round, so avoid other teams who enter in the 4th round, including teams who drop out of the CL 3rd qualifying round.  It means we have a decent chance of getting a winnable tie.

CloustonHMFC
28 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

We are seeded for the playoff. Well, they don’t do seeds but we’ll be priority 1. 

Telford_jambo123
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

We are seeded for the playoff. Well, they don’t do seeds but we’ll be priority 1. 

Yea just read that. Could attract higher calibre of players by playing in second best European competition 

Smoked-Glass
3 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Yea just read that. Could attract higher calibre of players by playing in second best European competition 

Hibs tried that with floodlights.  Doesn't work that way

Scott Leitch
44 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

That was the best result for us tonight and as you say hopefully they get ragdolled for 120 mins in Seville and lose on pens with a shitload of tired limbs and injuries. 

That's the hope. Hopefully a heatwave in Seville!

Robbie Neilson is already a true Heart of Midlothian Football Club legend. 

Gorgie_Rules

Agreed the rangers result tonight makes me more confident for the SC final.

The game against us is a total after thought for them, the chance of winning a European trophy and automatic champions league next year is massive for them, there focus on the SC final will start 2 days before it, its been our focus since the final whistle against hibs.

Them winning the Europa League could arguably be more favourable for us. We wouldn’t face an inevitable backlash to save their season and theres no way the players are just flying straight back after the game and not celebrating it either in Seville or when home.

They won’t give us a second thought which may well play in our favour, especially if they get leggy on the Hampden pitch on their 65th game of the season.

Robbie and co will have a week to prepare; Rangers will have less than 72 hours. 

FTR. 😊

17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Happy for Rangers to win the Europa.

We can still beat them at Hampden.

Not fussed if they win as long as it goes to extra time. Went against the grain wanting them to win tonight   but if it helps us!!

WheatfieldWarrior

For comparative purposes, this is the playoff round and the 3rd qualifying  round pots from this year's tournament.

We would essentially replace Rangers. 

image.thumb.png.5478b0ecd60d02814fc15ae78ad40fe4.png

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

So on the 24th on March I posted this on Twitter and here...Needless to say some folk think I'm a dreamer but this is getting closer to a reality (with the exception of Rangers being in the driving seat for the league)

Been thinking about the best case scenario for the rest of the season and while a stretch,  it could happen. 
Though it depends a lot on TheRangers getting agonisingly close to glory...Bear with me here....

First up we take care of business and pump Hibs at Tynecastle, ensure they are bottom 6, hammer them at Hampden booking a final spot and 8 games in Europe next season. TheRangers win the cup semi to book a final place against us.

TheRangers and Celtic go to the final day, with TheRangers fighting for a treble and in the driving seat to wrap up the league. TheRangers suffer a last minute equaliser, handing Celtic the title and breaking them.

They then go into the Europa league final on Wednesday the  18th where they defend brilliantly for 90 minutes, take the game to extra time where the arse falls out of them and they lose a couple of goals and the chance at glory.

Roll on Scottish cup Saturday where a mentally and physically broken TheRangers get ripped apart by Barrie and Boyce, handing the Jambos a glorious Scottish Cup win.

Robbie Nielson becomes a true Hearts legend,Robbie haters on Kickback spontaneously combust in fury 😂

6 all fantasy I know but if somehow the stars were to align then there may end up a national shortage of Kleenex

Nostradamus.

Superb.

We have every chance of winning.  We've come close to winning it twice against Celtic without nearly such a good side.

Armageddon
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Celtic thought that and got pumped out the cup, SevCo will be buzzing, great team this season.

WheatfieldWarrior

As an aside, if Rangers were to win the Europa league, would they not take the Europa League winners spot, which is direct entry to the Champions League Group stages. 

In that scenario would we not be bumped up to the Scottish 2nd place slot, which is the 3rd Qualifying round for the Champions League?

I do not believe motivation will play a part in the result from their end but tiredness may

From our end it is all about motivation and belief 

Jamboross
11 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

As an aside, if Rangers were to win the Europa league, would they not take the Europa League winners spot, which is direct entry to the Champions League Group stages. 

In that scenario would we not be bumped up to the Scottish 2nd place slot, which is the 3rd Qualifying round for the Champions League?

No. The CL place for 2nd would pass to the next league down in the co-efficient rankings. Rangers winning/losing has no effect on us in Europe other than slightly boosting our club coefficient. 

jaywalker

If The Rangers actually win this tournament, conciderring we have been saying for five years on a weekly basis that the arse is going to fall out of their financial model ehat does this actually say about our chances of actually stopping the Hun steamroller?

7 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Robbie Neilson is already a true Heart of Midlothian Football Club legend. 

Is the correct answer 👍

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I do not believe motivation will play a part in the result from their end but tiredness may

From our end it is all about motivation and belief 

Fully agree.  The last 20 minutes could certainly tell on them.  They will certainly be motivated to win the trophy for the first time.

periodictabledancer
5 hours ago, jaywalker said:

If The Rangers actually win this tournament, conciderring we have been saying for five years on a weekly basis that the arse is going to fall out of their financial model ehat does this actually say about our chances of actually stopping the Hun steamroller?

They only exist due to directors pumping money into the club and then converting the debt to shares. No one will lend them money. It remains to be seen how their Euro cash will actually help the situation. 

Careful not to get too carried away. I’m sure Celtic thought they’d win the semi after The Rangers had been taken to ET by Braga and probably effectively win the title on Sunday after they’d been in Leipzig. They (Celtic) didn’t finish the stronger side in either. This is a long way from the best Rangers football side we’ve ever seen but, credit where it’s due, they’ve definitely got something about them. 
They’ve lost something like 4 domestic games (plus one on pens) in 2 years. We’ve looked like we can live with them twice this season so I think we absolutely CAN do it but we absolutely crumbled in the third game.

Whatever happens on May 18, we need to be proper “at it” on the 21st. Don’t be distracted by what they’ve done. 

Come on the Hearts! 🇱🇻🏆🇱🇻

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, Section Q said:

Happy for Rangers to win the Europa.

We can still beat them at Hampden.

Yes and we get to keep both cups when we beat them, the Europa as well, back to Tynecastle. We all understand that’s how it works, remember Scotland won the World Cup in 67 

TexasAndy

Yep there are no guarantees and Rangers will still be big favourites to beat us at Hampden but in a world where you need the stars to align in order to beat the OF in a final in Glasgow last night is a huge piece in that constellation.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2022 at 21:39, Bozi said:

Number 3 not quite but its all shaping up nicely....

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

The facts are based on history we have a 100% chance of winning. No more, no less. 

You missed a zero FTFY. That’s “rangers” record in cup finals -> 100% Defeats. It’s their 10th anniversary not their 150th. 

6 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

The facts are based on history we have a 10% chance of winning. No more, no less. 

So, will you give me odds of 9/1?

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

The facts are based on history we have a 10% chance of winning. No more, no less. 

6 minutes ago, H2 said:

So, will you give me odds of 9/1?

FE2BA1B0-F333-4C55-8ED5-09A3CEDF2E2B.gif

Gorgie_Rules
17 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Bet365 are a bit better at predicting these things and have us at 5/2 to lift the trophy.

Quite a bit shorter than your 9/1.