Calder Road to Dunfermline Black Cab/PHC Cost?

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

52 quid according to the City Cabs app.

Hmmm! 

Thanks! 👍

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Hmmm! 

Thanks! 👍

Last time I got a taxi back from Dunfermline was a good few years ago. It was a pre-booked private hire after a gig and I'm sure it was about 40 quid.

I don’t think these estimates count for much.

Three weeks ago we enquired about the cost of a taxi from our hotel in Edinburgh to the airport.

The actual fare was over £11 more than the estimate.

Konrad von Carstein

My bus from Hampden is dropping off opposite the fire station on Calder Road, regardless of result I'm wanting a quick getaway :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

My bus from Hampden is dropping off opposite the fire station on Calder Road, regardless of result I'm wanting a quick getaway :lol:

Drop the bus driver £40.00 to drop you off in Dunfermline. :10900:

Konrad von Carstein
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Drop the bus driver £40.00 to drop you off in Dunfermline. :10900:

Am sure the rest the bus winny mind :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Am sure the rest the bus winny mind :lol:

Explain it’s a good cause.

Alternatively after the match seek out the Dunfermline supporters bus and Kaj a lift.😀

Konrad von Carstein
52 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Get the bus, A day return is £6 from halbeath it doesn't take much longer either.

Do I not need to get to the Barnton to catch it though... Im a bit wary of missing trains due to them being packed (I'd be getting on at Edinburgh Gateway) or worse cancelled! :)

Konrad von Carstein
21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Explain it’s a good cause.

Alternatively after the match seek out the Dunfermline supporters bus and Kaj a lift.😀

Good call,

@The Old Tolbooth 👀

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

10/15 minute walk to South Gyle or Edinburgh Gateway. Single train fare will be approx £6/7 and take 15 mins. 👍 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

I don’t think these estimates count for much.

Three weeks ago we enquired about the cost of a taxi from our hotel in Edinburgh to the airport.

The actual fare was over £11 more than the estimate.

no wonder, they saw you rock up to the taxi with your louis vuitton luggage

40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

no wonder, they saw you rock up to the taxi with your louis vuitton luggage

There was that.

Plus, the driver, when we complained, started on about having to pay to enter the airport and having to pay to leave. He kindly told us that this charge is passed onto the customer.

Taxi driver here. I've just checked the official out of town charge cards (every driver should have one). Airport to Dunfermline is £45, city centre is £54. If you're travelling from Sighthill, you may get the journey for £50, you would need to ask the office when booking. 

Onto to the airport job which was £11 more than the quote. Sometimes the office will get the price wrong, they don't always know the route, traffic conditions etc. You will only get the proper charge after it has been metered. If you travel to airport 6am to 6pm the meter will start at £3 plus £2 extra charge. This is the fee the airport charge everybody to drop off (taxi drivers and public ). the driver passes that charge onto the passenger. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So will the poor driver once the locals in Fife spot the out of town plate and start swarming all over him in a scene like something out of a 70s zombie movie. 

Have a heart, take the train.

Looking like I'll be heading to Edinburgh Gateway...

Coadies pub is the epicenter of Zombiland in Dunfermline.... I'd not let the driver go near there 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, Teddy said:

Taxi driver here. I've just checked the official out of town charge cards (every driver should have one). Airport to Dunfermline is £45, city centre is £54. If you're travelling from Sighthill, you may get the journey for £50, you would need to ask the office when booking. 

Onto to the airport job which was £11 more than the quote. Sometimes the office will get the price wrong, they don't always know the route, traffic conditions etc. You will only get the proper charge after it has been metered. If you travel to airport 6am to 6pm the meter will start at £3 plus £2 extra charge. This is the fee the airport charge everybody to drop off (taxi drivers and public ). the driver passes that charge onto the passenger. 

The airport now charge £4 for every vehicle and taxi to drop off, some taxi drivers will do a fixed fare based on the mileage to and from the exact points of the journey 

£3 per mile plus £1 to total fare if between 6pm-6am or weekends (tariff 2). All country cards are from city centre to city centre or Edinburgh airport to city centre but very few travel from centre to centre.

16 hours ago, Morgan said:

There was that.

Plus, the driver, when we complained, started on about having to pay to enter the airport and having to pay to leave. He kindly told us that this charge is passed onto the customer.

Airport charges £4 to drop off for up to 10 mins, it has been £4 for years but drivers used to only be able to charge £2 because that was what was on the tariff sheet that is in the back of every taxi. The airport had a free drop off with a shuttle bus from the long stay car park but most people just paid the extra £2 to get dropped off nearer the terminal. The tariff sheet was updated at the end of 2021 and the whole £4 charge is now payable by the customer. Many drivers I know now ask if the customer wants dropped for the extra £4 or at the free drop off.
the driver is only charged £4 to get out.

City centre to airport can vary in price due to traffic and will vary but not by £11. Starting price on meter would be £7.80 if you booked and and wanted dropped at paid drop off or £3.80 without paid drop off, £1 extra if tariff 2.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jackal said:

Airport charges £4 to drop off for up to 10 mins, it has been £4 for years but drivers used to only be able to charge £2 because that was what was on the tariff sheet that is in the back of every taxi. The airport had a free drop off with a shuttle bus from the long stay car park but most people just paid the extra £2 to get dropped off nearer the terminal. The tariff sheet was updated at the end of 2021 and the whole £4 charge is now payable by the customer. Many drivers I know now ask if the customer wants dropped for the extra £4 or at the free drop off.

City centre to airport can vary in price due to traffic and will vary but not by £11. Starting price on meter would be £7.80 if you booked and and wanted dropped at paid drop off or £3.80 without paid drop off, £1 extra if tariff 2.

The airport certainly take the piss.

2 hours ago, jackal said:

Thanks for taking the time to post all that, very informative and helpful.  :thumbsup:

fabienleclerq

Dunfermline private hire cars charge £35/40 quid to the airport if that helps. 

Seymour M Hersh
19 hours ago, jackal said:

The barrier charge went from £2. to £4. in the middle of the pandemic according to friends. 

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The barrier charge went from £2. to £4. in the middle of the pandemic according to friends. 

The barrier charge had been £4 for ages but taxis could only charge £2 because that was what was on the tariff sheet that is set by the council, the taxi drivers had to pay the additional £2 themselves. The tariff sheet is reviewed every few years and that's when things change, usually a 2-3% increase in standard fare. If the airport increased the drop off to £10 taxis would only be allowed to charge what is on the tariff sheet and pay the rest themselves. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, jackal said:

The barrier charge had been £4 for ages but taxis could only charge £2 because that was what was on the tariff sheet that is set by the council, the taxi drivers had to pay the additional £2 themselves. The tariff sheet is reviewed every few years and that's when things change, usually a 2-3% increase in standard fare. If the airport increased the drop off to £10 taxis would only be allowed to charge what is on the tariff sheet and pay the rest themselves. 

I'm sorry you are wrong I dropped off at the airport just before the lockdown and t was £2.00 to leave. 

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm sorry you are wrong I dropped off at the airport just before the lockdown and t was £2.00 to leave. 

Pre pandemic drop off was £2 and taxis could only charge £1 because that was on the tariff sheet. April 2020 the tariff sheet was changed and £2 could be charged by the taxi. October 2020 the airport upped the drop off to £4 with the taxi still only being allowed to charge £2 until the next tariff change that happened end 2021/22 allowing taxis to charge the £4.

24 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You’re just drunk again.  :rofl: 

::troll::

Seymour M Hersh
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re just drunk again.  :rofl: 

::troll::

Never when driving you castle oik! 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Never when driving you castle oik! 

:rofl: 

👍

Sooperstar
4 hours ago, jackal said:

Pre pandemic drop off was £2 and taxis could only charge £1 because that was on the tariff sheet. April 2020 the tariff sheet was changed and £2 could be charged by the taxi. October 2020 the airport upped the drop off to £4 with the taxi still only being allowed to charge £2 until the next tariff change that happened end 2021/22 allowing taxis to charge the £4.

So they did up it to £4 in the middle of the pandemic then.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

So they did up it to £4 in the middle of the pandemic then.

Yes the airport upped it to £4 during the pandemic supposedly to increase profit and keep jobs. I never said they didn't increase it during pandemic. I said it was £4 for ages but taxis could only charge £2 which only ended week before start of 2022 when taxis could charge £4 which is what the airport charged since oct/Nov 2020. Either way airport are robbing ***** and either drop off at long stay car park or other airport car parks that offer a free shuttle. 

Harry Potter

If and when i pick up at the airport will meet folk at the hotel just along the road from terminal.

been here before

Last time I travelled by taxi from Edunburgh to Fife I was rushed 15 shillings conversion fee once over the bridge.

Basically it involved swapping the taxi for a horse and cart so as not to frighten the locals, many of whom were not only startled, but terrified by the sight of a horseless carriage.

Angry Haggis
38 minutes ago, been here before said:

Last time I travelled by taxi from Edunburgh to Fife I was rushed 15 shillings conversion fee once over the bridge.

Basically it involved swapping the taxi for a horse and cart so as not to frighten the locals, many of whom were not only startled, but terrified by the sight of a horseless carriage.

The 'PRINCE CHARMING' of Edinburgh if you will... 

I must be doing something wrong. i will probably be dropping someone off at the airport during the week and my airport card will only be debited by £2 when I drop off and go through the 2nd barrier.

9 hours ago, Teddy said:

I must be doing something wrong. i will probably be dropping someone off at the airport during the week and my airport card will only be debited by £2 when I drop off and go through the 2nd barrier.

Where do you drop off and what company do you work for? Maybe that will explain why you pay £2 and everyone else pays £4.

I work for City Cabs and drop off at the point near the airport rank. Dropped off today and my card was debited by £2. If City Cab/PHC drivers pick up from the rank the card will debited by £4.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Teddy said:

I work for City Cabs and drop off at the point near the airport rank. Dropped off today and my card was debited by £2. If City Cab/PHC drivers pick up from the rank the card will debited by £4.

Paying anything is absolutely ludicrous. 

Surprised the airport gets away with it. 

Perhaps there's nothing that can be done. 

17 hours ago, Teddy said:

Well thats why it cost you £2 and not £4. City pay for the use of the airport rank and you get a discount on your barrier fees. Everyone else who drops off in the paid public drop off gets charged £4.

If you dont drop off in the undercover drop off point you shouldnt charge the drop off fee according to the tariff sheet.

image.thumb.png.3a78a6da4076f48729a2f5d9daefad24.png

17 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Paying anything is absolutely ludicrous. 

Surprised the airport gets away with it. 

Perhaps there's nothing that can be done. 

They have you over a barrel, the initial excuse was security reasons and charged 50p to pick up originally with no drop off fee. This gradually increased with a monthly fee plus the barrier charge which is now at £4 for drop off (city cabs excluded) as many people know. Money making exercise that is passed on to the public with many people thinking its the taxi/bus services that charge it as an extra.