Silly little things you notice….

Swanny17

A packet of Jaffa Cakes always has one biscuit facing the opposite way to the rest. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Jambo_jim2001

How the wife can remember stuff that happened from 30 odd years ago,when we fall out🤣

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

A packet of Jaffa Cakes always has one biscuit facing the opposite way to the rest. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Eh? Is that true? I've never noticed that and trust me, I've eaten a lot of jaffas 😁

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Eh? Is that true? I've never noticed that and trust me, I've eaten a lot of jaffas 😁

i think it is to protect the chocolate on the top one

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Genuine bud, go have a look 😂😲

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think it is to protect the chocolate on the top one

How do you know which end is the top? 😂

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

🤣 tbf my packs never usually last long enough for me to notice 

There’s a little ridged spindle under the push-button box on a pedestrian crossing that rotates when it’s Green to cross.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, FWJ said:

There’s a little ridged spindle under the push-button box on a pedestrian crossing that rotates when it’s Green to cross.

Correct, it's an aid for the blind, but it's less common these days now that they beep

Weakened Offender

If I'm frying an egg it will always burst upon the gentle crack it's given. If I'm scrambling three eggs I could lob them all in the air, header them in to the pot and all three yolks would be intact. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Lone Striker
42 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

But I'll bet you've noticed how much smaller they are nowadays .... and how little jam there is under the chocolate too !! 😎

JudyJudyJudy

Normal size packets of crisps seem to have less crisps in them ? 

16 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

But I'll bet you've noticed how much smaller they are nowadays .... and how little jam there is under the chocolate too !! 😎

Oh yes, defo noticed there's less in the pack anyway...takes me 10 seconds less to finish them. 🤣

Maple Leaf
28 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

If I'm frying an egg it will always burst upon the gentle crack it's given. If I'm scrambling three eggs I could lob them all in the air, header them in to the pot and all three yolks would be intact. 

:rofl:

7 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

The one that faces the opposite to the others is the top

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

How the wife can remember stuff that happened from 30 odd years ago,when we fall out🤣

😀, aye.

Harry Potter
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

crisps are heavier now.

IronJambo
9 hours ago, FWJ said:

Not on all of them. It's not present on those (or all?) that beep. 

Салатные палочки
10 hours ago, FWJ said:

I told my ex years ago that the trick was to spin that and it speeds up the wee green man. She believed me :laugh2:

Lone Striker
9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes, quite a clever marketing trick. 

Any idea what  the official weight of crisps in a packet was 20 years ago ?  Today its 25 grams in Walkers packets (that might even include the air inside the packet  !)

10 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Apparently it's one of the marriage vows that only women can hear.   😉

10 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

😃 Similar to the old   "jeelie piece" syndrome !!

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lone Striker said:

Any idea what  the official weight of crisps in a packet was 20 years ago ?  Today its 25 grams in Walkers packets (that might even include the air inside the packet  !)

No but I’m not imagining it then ! ? 😂

14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

You get 25g in packets from a multipack.  If you buy a single bag it's 32.5g and it was 34.5g about 20 years ago.

Edited by Meathook

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, Meathook said:

You get 25g in packets from a multipack.  If you buy a single bag it's 32.5g and it was 34.5g about 20 years ago.

There's our answer.  Thanks for the info.  👍  I hadn't realised just how much the difference was between single pack and multi-pack. Almost a third.   

A Boy Named Crow

If you go to plug in a usb, you'll try it one way, fail, flip it over, try again, fail again then flip it back it will work the way you tried the first time... always!

Similar to putting a fitted sheet on a mattress - try once, realise it's not right, rotate it 90 degrees, it still won't be right.  Only once you rotate it back 90 degrees to the starting position will it fit. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

There's our answer.  Thanks for the info.  👍  I hadn't realised just how much the difference was between single pack and multi-pack. Almost a third.   

Ah that explains it 👍

Armageddon
11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Jam?  It's 'marmalade' and even then it'll just be a heavily flavoured slobber of shite.

been here before
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Its nitrogen. Air would make the crisps go soggy.

28 minutes ago, been here before said:

I had no idea about this. Cheers.

46 minutes ago, been here before said:

I believe the nitrogen is also used to protect the crisps from getting crushed. Otherwise they could get away with smaller bags for the same amount of crisps

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

If you go to plug in a usb, you'll try it one way, fail, flip it over, try again, fail again then flip it back it will work the way you tried the first time... always!

Similar to putting a fitted sheet on a mattress - try once, realise it's not right, rotate it 90 degrees, it still won't be right.  Only once you rotate it back 90 degrees to the starting position will it fit. 

They're very good examples. 👍  It probably demonstrates  that we tend to give up on plan A too quickly and assume that plan B must the correct one.     In theory - without even looking -  the first way you try  will be the correct way 50% of the time.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

That'll be why packs of crisps expand like a balloon when on a plane at altitude.  🙂 

16 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Oh spot on mate!!......my wife comes away with things like "you said that..blah" I say when and she says oh just after we got married in 1973!!....and that is just one of many examples. I call her the filing cabinet...😂😂

There were 2 million Hibs fans at the 0-7 game in 1973, but not one of them remembers the 4-1 game just a few months later.

🤷🏿‍♂️

In a packet of fruit pastilles, one end is black and the other end is yellow. Every single time.

Whenever you shuffle a pack of cards, never in the entire history of the world will anyone have put a pack of cards in the same order after a shuffle............or something like that.

Jambo_jim2001
2 hours ago, micole said:

Oh spot on mate!!......my wife comes away with things like "you said that..blah" I say when and she says oh just after we got married in 1973!!....and that is just one of many examples. I call her the filing cabinet...😂😂

1973🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

download (1).jpeg

1 hour ago, JWL said:

Whenever you shuffle a pack of cards, never in the entire history of the world will anyone have put a pack of cards in the same order after a shuffle............or something like that.

Apparently the number of unique results of shuffling a pack of cards takes 68 digits to write out.  It's something like eight hundred million million million million million million million million million million million.  (I think :eek: )

16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Apparently the number of unique results of shuffling a pack of cards takes 68 digits to write out.  It's something like eight hundred million million million million million million million million million million million.  (I think :eek: )

52 Shriek or 52 Factorial. Apparently even with just something like 10 cards it would take a couple of years to repeat shuffle.

Captain Slog
12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttered_cat_paradox#:~:text=Cats always land on their feet. Buttered toast,then dropped the cat from a large height.

Captain Slog
3 hours ago, JWL said:

My dad could, but then he learned how to cheat shuffling in the RAF

Captain Slog
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

There were 2 million Hibs fans at the 0-7 game in 1973, but not one of them remembers the 4-1 game just a few months later.

🤷🏿‍♂️

And how come they dont' acknowled 10-2?

Its immaterial anyway, the average life expectancy of a spoon burner is 52 years, there will not be any of the four million that saw the game alive in a few years time.

Just now, Captain Slog said:

And how come they dont' acknowled 10-2?

Its immaterial anyway, the average life expectancy of a spoon burner is 52 years, there will not be any of the four million that saw the game alive in a few years time.

:yas: 

Good points, well made.  👍

6 minutes ago, Captain Slog said:

My dad could, but then he learned how to cheat shuffling in the RAF

:biggrin:

Captain Slog
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:yas: 

Good points, well made.  👍

I forgot the million born after 1973 that saw the game, sorry, my bad.

1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

I forgot the million born after 1973 that saw the game, sorry, my bad.

Indeed.

It’s quite incredible that so many of them that were born a decade (or two) after the game, actually managed to attend it.  

🙄

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 hours ago, Morgan said:

Indeed.

It’s quite incredible that so many of them that were born a decade (or two) after the game, actually managed to attend it.  

🙄

Or getting the score shaved into your haircut the day before you captain your team in a Derby and then getting your @$$es kicked and having to get a second haircut 24 hours after the first.

F****** Muppets.

23 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Or getting the score shaved into your haircut the day before you captain your team in a Derby and then getting your @$$es kicked and having to get a second haircut 24 hours after the first.

F****** Muppets.

:biggrin:. Good, wasn't it?