Jimmy Bell

RustyRightPeg

Armageddon

"Having worked under managers from Graeme Souness through to Giovanni, he experienced some of the greatest days in our 150-year history."

They can't help themselves can they?!

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

"Having worked under managers from Graeme Souness through to Giovanni, he experienced some of the greatest days in our 150-year history."

They can't help themselves can they?!

It's actually pretty crass.  Up there with the Partridge meme, really.  The OF just can't help but point score.  They're entire (short) history is built on that and whatabootery.

Condolences to the guy's family and friends.  Guys like him and oor Gordon are salt of the earth and very important.  Even the hugest clubs have guys like these who tend to be died in the wool and keep character within their clubs even around all the millionaires they're kitting out.  I like to think that matters.

Great character and know he was loved by some of our own backroom staff. Massive loss for Rangers and a sad day for Scottish football.

RIP

Boyces beard
31 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's actually pretty crass.  Up there with the Partridge meme, really.  The OF just can't help but point score.  They're entire (short) history is built on that and whatabootery.

Condolences to the guy's family and friends.  Guys like him and oor Gordon are salt of the earth and very important.  Even the hugest clubs have guys like these who tend to be died in the wool and keep character within their clubs even around all the millionaires they're kitting out.  I like to think that matters.

Well said mate

RustyRightPeg
33 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

On the button buddy. Well said. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

On the button buddy. Well said. 

Shame about the typo.  "Dyed in the wool" of course.  Bit close to the bone considering circumstance.  Unintentional.

The Bannon Flick

Condolences - loved his team and they all loved him (past & present) by all accounts.

Just opened a twitter thread on the news article of his passing - and wished I hadn’t. Just full of OF fans point scoring  - really depressing.

Let’s keep this thread respectful for a real football guy who has lost his life. 

Always thought kitman or coach driver for the club you love would be a dream job.

Edited by The Bannon Flick

Mr Sifter

If you want the absolute definition of “whataboutery”, just type Jimmy Bell into Twitter. 

“Aye but he didnae clap when Jinky died”

”Aye but you sing about Walter Smith”

”Aye but you laughed when Billy McNeill died”

…and on, and on, and on. An utter utter embarrassment to our game. 

The Bannon Flick
2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

If you want the absolute definition of “whataboutery”, just type Jimmy Bell into Twitter. 

Yip - did that too.

Advice would be just not to bother. 

Detest the OF and their fanbases. Absolute cretins. 

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, lou said:

A well known face throughout my years watching football, very sad 

Took the words out my mouth.  RIP Jimmy.

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

This must have been sudden as I’m sure I saw him at the old firm game on Sunday ?

He was. Funnily enough I looked at him and he didn’t look well. Piled on the weight recently which may or may not be symptomatic of how he died

Seems like a decent guy who clearly loved the club. These people are often forgotten about at clubs, they are the foundations that are still standing long before and after any player or manager.

RIP

buzzbomb1958
4 hours ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Yip - did that too.

Advice would be just not to bother. 

Detest the OF and their fanbases. Absolute cretins. 

Scummy fans for scummy clubs it’s often said that clubs get the kind of fans they deserve 

Muppetboy

Bet he had some stories to tell. Remember wondering who he was as I saw him present when rangers were on the telly or in the news. R.I.p

6 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Hibs.net not exactly covering itself in glory either

Armageddon

Always thought it was random that the kit man was on the bench in a suit 🤣

Seems to have been loved by everyone at the club.

RIP.

22games nro

There will be a “Jimmy Bell’ as most clubs, people who are part of the fabric of the club, who would probably do the job for a packet of kola cubes and a can of irn bru ,

RIP Jimmy and condolences to all the family

Condolences, I'm sure he was one of those characters that lived and breathed their club. I hope his family are managing as best they can. RIP 

dannymack

Sincere condolences to everyone with and outwith Rangers FC that was connected to Mr J Bell. 

Hopefully Mr Bells family do not get to see the disgusting, derogatory and crass comments directed at him from an element of Celtic and Hibs fans. 

Utmost respect for the likes of Mr Bell and his ilk. The lifelong dedication to a football club is something to be admired.

Recently a groundskeeper at my son and daughters club passed away. He was in the same position more than 25 years ago when I was playing as a kid. Was always a pleasure to catch up with him.

8 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Hibs.net sums this up well also! Total disgrace of a thread over there over a man who’s lost his life and family left behind. Should hold there heads in shame.

2 hours ago, lou said:

Just went and had a look…. Terrible comments 

RustyRightPeg
4 hours ago, lou said:

I thought opening this thread to spread the word and nothing else would be okay and it’s proven so, kind of. 

The comments on their side of the fence are just weird. A strange way to live. 

McGlynn The Money

Really sad news. Seemed like quite a character and a lovely story about him from Jermaine Defoe on Twitter.

Good to see Celtic fans at Ibrox showing their respects too kent mean.