Is Ginnelly the new Djoum when it comes to slagging?

upgotheheads

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not as good as Djoum but yes he is, a typical winger but offers far more than GMS for example. 

Not that wouldn’t be difficult! 😏

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• upgotheheads

• Morgan

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

gregzy2k7

I like gino, personally don't get the abuse/stick he gets, I think he is a good player and has certain attributes that serve him well in this league, he can finish as well, keep in mind he hasn't really had a run in the team either which doesn't help. Still young and has the potential to improve 💪 

3 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Don't recall djoum getting stick...I remember him having an invisible protective cape from anyone saying anything negative about him.

Did decent job but one of the most over hyped players at Tynecastle in last 20 years.

you didn't go to many games then... and didn't understand the ones you did go to.. or weren't aware?

Gino is all pace and zero composure!

He also has little awareness where his teammates are and seldom looks up when he makes a run down the wing. Not the worst but don’t think you can coach him to improve on his weaknesses - bit part player….at best.

12 hours ago, geomac said:

you didn't go to many games then... and didn't understand the ones you did go to.. or weren't aware?

Season ticket for over 30 years big shot

Tynecastle Valhalla

Ginnelly is by far the most direct player we have in terms of running with the ball and shooting. He is also extremely fast off the ball.

He has his off games but in my view should have had more minutes this season than he has had.

I hope he stays and plays a huge part in our success next season (still plenty of games for him to impress this season too).

Seen a few post now with regards to Ginelly being moved on this summer. Finding it very strange as I think he has the raw pace to cause teams issues and has chipped in when needed over season. Good squad player who will be invaluable next season when we will need a big squad(similar to Boyce) 

gashauskis9

I get the point, but Djoum was 10 times the player Gino is.  I think we got carried away with what he achieved in a couple of games against lowly opposition last season.  Hasn’t managed the step up in my opinion, whereas Djoum, even though he went through the motions, would tend to show up and be counted in the big games.  I’m gutted we never got to see the Haring and Djoum pairing flourish, it was a great balance and it showed in the 2019 cup final.  We were winning that midfield battle until we took them off.  

Re Gino, I’d be looking to upgrade next season and I reckon Forrest is a potentially good start.  

Edited by gashauskis9