Christophe Berra interview

bmeikle

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

Do people actually read the quotes or do they just go by what the ***** interviewer says ………….. Berra is nothing but complimentary about Halkett and Souttar but Meikle needs to give the Huns a stroke through their trousers

Where have I said he isn't complimentary? And I'm a Hearts fan so I'll pass on that thanks.

5 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

He wasn't having the claims that Souttar didn't deserve to be in the team, as he said he "obviously" deserves it and has had his best season. Are you a bit thick?

The bits that I assume you put in around his quotes dramatise what he said ………… he never really said anything thing controversial or as definitive as you state but at least you got lots of posters to pile in

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The bits that I assume you put in around his quotes dramatise what he said ………… he never really said anything thing controversial or as definitive as you state but at least you got lots of posters to pile in

The following are direct quotes from Berra:

""He's got all the potential in the world and this has probably been his best season so far at Hearts."

"He obviously deserved it (team of the year)."

Nothing controversial from Berra here - let’s hope he has got over his sour grapes because he has been a pain in the arse since he left.

Edited by Thomaso

22 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

The following are direct quotes from Berra:

""He's got all the potential in the world and this has probably been his best season so far at Hearts."

"He obviously deserved it (team of the year)."

Yes clearly having none of the Kingsley and Halkett chat from miffed Hearts supporters 😄 

15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nothing controversial from Berra here - let’s hope he has got over his sour grapes because he has been a pain in the arse since he left.

Exactly do people even read quotes any more or do they just nod along with the linking comments from the interviewer and their prerogative of selling copy 

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes clearly having none of the Kingsley and Halkett chat from miffed Hearts supporters 😄 

He's having none of the claims that Souttar didn't deserve to be in the team.

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Exactly do people even read quotes any more or do they just nod along with the linking comments from the interviewer and their prerogative of selling copy 

The headline is literally what he said. Souttar's best season and deserves to be in the TOTY. I never tried to say it was controversial at all. 

25 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

The headline is literally what he said. Souttar's best season and deserves to be in the TOTY. I never tried to say it was controversial at all. 

Yes, but it was implied. Perhaps you should have titled the thread "Christophe Berra's non-controversial interview"?

;)

Smoked-Glass

Guy was a rock in our defence for years so can't believe the criticism of him.

Wasn't the same after injury v septic. 

8 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Guy was a rock in our defence for years so can't believe the criticism of him.

Wasn't the same after injury v septic. 

I agree. Some of the stick Berra gets on here is ridiculous. It's evident that his race was run after that injury and he was definitely in denial about that. But on the pitch Berra was a colossus for us for many years across two spells. In terms of commitment and attitude on the pitch he's one of the best we've ever had.  

Smoked-Glass
33 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I agree. Some of the stick Berra gets on here is ridiculous. It's evident that his race was run after that injury and he was definitely in denial about that. But on the pitch Berra was a colossus for us for many years across two spells. In terms of commitment and attitude on the pitch he's one of the best we've ever had.  

Most headers in Europe according to some stat website

PaddysBar
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Played over 200 times for us

Scotland International. 

Got us £2.5m

Sc winner. 

Captain 

Doesn't matter tho, one time, at band camp he never agreed a celtic goal was clearly offside and punched everybody in the studio in the face who thought differently. 

Agree. Struggling to see where the seethe is coming from. 

PaddysBar

Scotland International. 

Got us £2.5m

Sc winner. 

Captain 

Doesn't matter tho, one time, at band camp he never agreed a celtic goal was clearly offside and punched everybody in the studio in the face who thought differently. 

PaddysBar

Scotland International. 

Got us £2.5m

Sc winner. 

Captain 

Judge Fudge

If  rangers could change their mind and have either Halkett or Kingsley they would. Problem is they they can't afford them now. Berra was immense for us when he came back tho, pretty much cleared every set piece week in week out. Real shame that he was injured early in a season we started so well.

22 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Some folk think it’s for accusing Daniel Stendel of ruining his wedding 😂 He was not good enough and he came back ended up in the squad again giving poor performances and his performances in the Scottish cup finals against the team he supports especially the first one playing offside 😂

11 hours ago, bistokid said:

Probably our worst ever captain.

Mikey Stewart captained us in 2009/10 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, stirlo said:

Agreed. 

TyphoonJambo
15 hours ago, stirlo said:

Well said.