Christophe Berra interview

bmeikle

Berra's opinion, Souttar has always been a quality player, but its very clear Halkett is more important to the team than Souttar. Ideal world, both would be fit and playing week in week out, but when one has been missing, its Halkett we've missed more. The purple patch we had after the winter break when we lost a couple games was when Halkett was injured, as per Souttar is out for large portions of the season, and tbh, I don't think we've felt his absence in the same way we have Halks. 

My hope is that Sibbick's confidence continues to grow over the end of this season and preseason and we have a ready made replacement rearing to go. He won't be at the same level yet, but Souttar does have years of experience on him. 

FWIW, its nice that Berra still thinks of Hearts as 'we', its a damned shame he couldn't recover from the hamstring injury. He was tremendous for us till then :( 

Also, Kingsley IMO is the best left back in the league. Free kicks absolutely lethal and every bit as consistent as Michael Smith. 

Captain Lithuania
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Berra's opinion, Souttar has always been a quality player, but its very clear Halkett is more important to the team than Souttar. Ideal world, both would be fit and playing week in week out, but when one has been missing, its Halkett we've missed more. The purple patch we had after the winter break when we lost a couple games was when Halkett was injured, as per Souttar is out for large portions of the season, and tbh, I don't think we've felt his absence in the same way we have Halks. 

My hope is that Sibbick's confidence continues to grow over the end of this season and preseason and we have a ready made replacement rearing to go. He won't be at the same level yet, but Souttar does have years of experience on him. 

FWIW, its nice that Berra still thinks of Hearts as 'we', its a damned shame he couldn't recover from the hamstring injury. He was tremendous for us till then :( 

Also, Kingsley IMO is the best left back in the league. Free kicks absolutely lethal and every bit as consistent as Michael Smith. 

Acted like a cock when we played Celtic on the telly. Prick. 

55 minutes ago, OTT said:

A purple patch is a successful spell. Think you meant sticky patch?

Berra thinks of us as "we" only when he's not being employed by the BBC to give the pro-Hearts view then he turns into that ref Calum Murray from a few years back...

Berra is a dick. He could have ended his career at hearts on a positive but decided to start moaning in the media and then cost us goals on what seemed a weekly basis. He can **** off, he had no class.

jack D and coke

I never thought I’d say it but I’m glad it’s Halkett we’re keeping. Absolutely no doubting Souttar’s ability i think he’s probably Scotlands best footballing centre back but he’s injury prone. 
Halkett has been like a new signing. Had a great season. 

best in the land
9 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Berra is a dick. He could have ended his career at hearts on a positive but decided to start moaning in the media and then cost us goals on what seemed a weekly basis. He can **** off, he had no class.

Agree. He let himself down at the end of his hearts career and he's wrong halkett and Kingsley have been more important this season.

17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

A purple patch is a successful spell. Think you meant sticky patch?

Berra thinks of us as "we" only when he's not being employed by the BBC to give the pro-Hearts view then he turns into that ref Calum Murray from a few years back...

Yeah sticky patch 👍

Do people actually read the quotes or do they just go by what the ***** interviewer says ………….. Berra is nothing but complimentary about Halkett and Souttar but Meikle needs to give the Huns a stroke through their trousers

Rick Sanchez

I really wish they'd stop going to Levein, Stewart and Berra for an opinion on all things Hearts. There's plenty alternatives.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

😍. Beautiful words . Berra the grass. 

Haha I know he was a real favourite of yours…

:wattie:
🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Haha I know he was a real favourite of yours…

:wattie:
🤣🤣

Makes me sick even seeing his coupon . Spat the dummy when stendel didn’t fancy him. Prick. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Makes me sick even seeing his coupon . Spat the dummy when stendel didn’t fancy him. Prick. 

Aye Stendel rumbled him early doors.
No got the old shovel feet pic?😂

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Berra comes across as a bitter arsehole these days which is a shame. 

I agree but not the n this article

Career may be over as there are plenty of Raith fans saying that he's past it.  They've also signed a couple of defenders and still have Benedictus.

58 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Career may be over as there are plenty of Raith fans saying that he's past it.  They've also signed a couple of defenders and still have Benedictus.

Maybe head to Edinburgh City or even Bonnyrigg Rose next season.  If he still wants to play.

I’ve got a lot of time for big Christophe. Great in both spells with us up until he got his hamstring ripped off against Celtic. 

I do however completely agree with the posters saying Kingsley and Halkett have had better seasons than Souttar and given they actually wanted to stay, I’m delighted they signed on for longer. 

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, OTT said:

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I never thought I’d say it but I’m glad it’s Halkett we’re keeping. Absolutely no doubting Souttar’s ability i think he’s probably Scotlands best footballing centre back but he’s injury prone. 
Halkett has been like a new signing. Had a great season. 

I thought Sibbick had his best game so far for us today and what impressed me most, ironically, was the similarities to Souttar. He played several long diagonals from deep and put the ball in the right area, if not quite with Souttar's pinpoint accuracy. His defending was excellent and seems to have a decent understanding with Moore when it comes to covering each other. Also he made a couple of forward runs into space a la JS. given that he's three years younger than Souttar I don't think we have too much to worry about in that position.  

luckyBatistuta
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

10 hours ago, Irufushi said:

@luckyBatistuta might have that . Sure it was his creation!? 😂

6408209C-FA41-4523-93B5-E4A4FE9E65FC.jpeg

AAB34028-1C05-4F72-A1EB-E7CC13243119.jpeg

0485156F-52CD-4AC1-AC4D-3990680B3806.jpeg

Absolute Scenes
10 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I thought Sibbick had his best game so far for us today and what impressed me most, ironically, was the similarities to Souttar. He played several long diagonals from deep and put the ball in the right area, if not quite with Souttar's pinpoint accuracy. His defending was excellent and seems to have a decent understanding with Moore when it comes to covering each other. Also he made a couple of forward runs into space a la JS. given that he's three years younger than Souttar I don't think we have too much to worry about in that position.  

Sibbick will get better the more he plays. Thought he was still a bit shaky at times but overall look more composed. So did Moore actually, he was quite commanding however it was obvious we missed Halketts presence in the air. Sibbick will continue to develop, but don’t think he is quite ready to start yet. He shouldn’t be in the starting lineup for the final but definitely on the bench 

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

shame he never rumbled that goalie we had, just saying.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

That’s true man. He had 3 absolute huddies to choose from tho. How on earth Levein left us with Bobby, Doyle and Perriera honestly I’ll never know, you couldn’t have made a keeper out of the three of them.
Is Levein an alky or something? There’s no other explanation for some of the garbage he signed. 

Des Lynam

He was brilliant when he first came back up until that injury. His bleating to the press about getting married when he got dropped hopefully meals he doesn’t return in any coaching capacity. 

gordon simpson
16 hours ago, Herbert. said:

my views exactly he was a cock his whole career 

No Idle Talk

That article is a feel good story aimed at Rangers fans.

Anyone who has been watching Hearts regularly this season knows that both Stephen Kingsley and Craig Halkett have had better seasons than John Souttar. Souttar has been really good but the other two have been excellent.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Stendel rumbled himself. 

Bazzas right boot

Played over 200 times for us

Scotland International. 

Got us £2.5m

Sc winner. 

Captain 

Doesn't matter tho, one time, at band camp he never agreed a celtic goal was clearly offside and punched everybody in the studio in the face who thought differently. 

21 hours ago, OTT said:

I nearly forgot he was still at the club.

1971fozzy
8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

exactly.  Cost him his job that 

The Hogfather

He's trying to big his mate up before his move to Rangers. Anyone who's watched Hearts regularly this season will tell you that Kingsley and Halkett have both been far more crucial to where we are right now.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I nearly forgot he was still at the club.

I suspect he’s finished. Back problems of a muscular nature can be a killer. You think you’re back to full fitness and then the slightest thing can bring them back. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Don’t really see much wrong with what he’s actually said, obviously John is his closer mate than the other players as they played a lot together. 

But it’s a fact this season - Halkett and Kingsley have been vastly more important players and better performers for us throughout this season. So it is bizarre and rightly called out by hearts fans that Souttar is in toty despite being the one who’s played the least, been least important, and when he was looked to as a leader in the absence of Halkett, we lost back to back to the bottom 2 and the wheels almost came off the season. Souttar is our 3rd best defender this season so it’s self evident he’s been put in the Toty to due to his rangers move, to try and talk him up.

Fact is rangers are getting an injury prone average SPL defender as their answer to Celtic conclusively being the best team in the league this season 😂 

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I suspect he’s finished. Back problems of a muscular nature can be a killer. You think you’re back to full fitness and then the slightest thing can bring them back. 

It seems like months ago now that Robbie said he would be back soon.

22 hours ago, Sooks said:

Berra is not having any of that apparently before he then goes on to say there could have been a 5 % difference in the votes for Souttar and Halkett

Is Meikle a bit thick

He wasn't having the claims that Souttar didn't deserve to be in the team, as he said he "obviously" deserves it and has had his best season. Are you a bit thick?