Forever Hearts event - Sunday 8/5/22

davemclaren

davemclaren
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There are still tickets left for this event at the EICC on 8/5 if anyone is interested. Should be a great night. 

https://www.universe.com/events/forever-hearts-celebrating-past-present-tickets-WBLKYV

Fine way to start the cup final pre celebrations, if you can afford it of course. 🇱🇻

For the first time in over three years, the great and the good of Heart of Midlothian Football Club will gather for what promises to be an unforgettable evening celebrating current and former players. 

On Sunday 8th May, the EICC will play host to Forever Hearts: Celebrating the Past and Present, which will see two of the club’s most prestigious events, The Player of the Year Awards and the Hall of Fame, merge into one spectacular evening of entertainment – sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh.

We are delighted to announce that the 2012 Scottish Cup-winning squad will be inducted into the Hearts Hall of Fame on the night, with many of the 2012 players and staff in attendance.

Hosted by ‘the voice of Tynecastle’ Scott Wilson, the first half of the evening will see awards handed out to current members of the Men and Women’s First Team, including Fans’ Player of the Year and the Players’ Player of the Year. Supporters will soon be asked to cast their votes with further details on how to do so being provided in due course.

The focus will then shift to the heroes of yesteryear with iconic individuals from the club’s distant and not-so-distant past taking their rightful place in the Heart of Midlothian Hall of Fame.

Thanks to the team securing their place in the Scottish Cup final and the windfall that a return to Europe brings, the club is in a position to subsidise a significant chunk of the cost - £51 to be exact (a fitting tribute to our 2012 cup-winning inductees) and we are delighted to reduce the ticket price from £150 to just £99pp (incl. VAT).

Tickets are priced at £99 (including VAT) for the following package:

-       Three-course dinner 

-       Half a bottle of wine per person

-       Evening and Awards ceremonies hosted by Scott Wilson

-       Cash bar open throughout with table service

-       Doors at 6pm

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There are still tickets left for this event at the EICC on 8/5 if anyone is interested. Should be a great night. 

https://www.universe.com/events/forever-hearts-celebrating-past-present-tickets-WBLKYV

Dave, any idea when this event is scheduled to finish?  Public transport in a Sunday night isn’t great. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Dave, any idea when this event is scheduled to finish?  Public transport in a Sunday night isn’t great. 

Midnight. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Please find below the itinerary for the evening –

6pm                       Arrival for a drinks reception

6.30pm                 Guests seated

7pm                       Awards ceremony starts

7.30pm                 Meal served

Midnight              Carriages

Dress code – Lounge suits for gentleman and similar attire for ladies.

• davemclaren pinned this topic
davemclaren
37 minutes ago, Independence said:

Just bought 2. Cant wait!! 

Should be a good night. I’m looking forward to it. 

• davemclaren unpinned this topic
StevenNaismith

Both my wife and I, along with my son and daughter-in-law will be in attendance. Always a great night. If you can afford to go then you’re in for a fantastic evening.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Both my wife and I, along with my son and daughter-in-law will be in attendance. Always a great night. If you can afford to go then you’re in for a fantastic evening.

Only been at the last one in 2019. Was a great night. 

jimbojambo

As an auld duffer I am disappointed that I can only buy drinks through an app. Whatever happened to cash is king? 

davemclaren
9 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

As an auld duffer I am disappointed that I can only buy drinks through an app. Whatever happened to cash is king? 

Technology and covid hastened its demise. 

davemclaren

🏆 To mark the 10th anniversary year of the 2012 Scottish Cup win, the entire 2012 team will be inducted into the Hearts Hall of Fame this Sunday night at the EICC

Darren Barr will be in attendance alongside a host of his former teammates, including Danny Grainger, Stephen Elliott, Jamie Macdonald, Ian Black, Andy Webster and more!

PLUS - we'll also be celebrating the Player of the Year Awards with the current First Team in attendance.

🎤 Scott Wilson will host proceedings and football impressionist Paul Reid is our guest speaker on the night.

🎟 JUST £99 PER PERSON! 
Secure your place now! 📲 https://bit.ly/36NhEU7

frankblack
17 minutes ago, lou said:

Would be great if Paulo Sergio was there 🇱🇻

Could always invite Gary O'Connor to show off his runners up medal as a consolation. 👍

PapaShango

Sounds like a good night and I would have maybe went had I not spent money on cup final hospitality. 

Maple Leaf
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Could always invite Gary O'Connor to show off his runners up medal as a consolation. 👍

:biggrin:

Tams bird
20 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

It says cash bar. Hall is downstairs. Wait till propeople can't  get a signal on an app..

Has anyone recieved physical tickets for this? I have just had an email saying they were posted out and I should bring it along for entry

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, lou said:

Has anyone recieved physical tickets for this? I have just had an email saying they were posted out and I should bring it along for entry

Nope. Your ticket on your phone will be fine. 

51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nope. Your ticket on your phone will be fine. 

Thanks Dave, I thought that would be the case, Email just confused me 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, lou said:

Thanks Dave, I thought that would be the case, Email just confused me 

Just the usual standard email with wrong stuff. 😄

davemclaren

Looking forward to this. Hearts bawbags pressed and just to select which of my many Hearts ties to wear. 👔🇱🇻

I am assuming there are things happening after the meal, the itinerary makes it sound as though it's only awards for 30 minutes

davemclaren
1 hour ago, lou said:

I am assuming there are things happening after the meal, the itinerary makes it sound as though it's only awards for 30 minutes

Yip, not much happens before and during the meal, except drinking. 

jamboinglasgow

Surprised they have been announced so early, thought they would be at the end of the event.

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Surprised they have been announced so early, thought they would be at the end of the event.

Agree, but I guess they weren’t exactly cliffhangers :laugh2:

Berra than you
Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Agree, but I guess they weren’t exactly cliffhangers :laugh2:

Are the hall of fame inductees not later on?

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think those two were announced early as Craig Gordon had to head through to Glasgow to pick up a Football Writers award.

wattie exploited

was a great night and a good laugh many happy jambos there and the players interviews were spot on !!!!!!!!:rifle:

japanjambo

Any video footage of this event would be much appreciated. Especially the Hall Of Fame inductees. I suspect not a dry eye in the house without our skipper. 

Tams bird
29 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Any video footage of this event would be much appreciated. Especially the Hall Of Fame inductees. I suspect not a dry eye in the house without our skipper. 

Hearts will no doubt post something. 

soonbe110

Very amusing videos of the current squad commenting about each other. Looks like a very tight dressing room. 

Heartsofgold
29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very amusing videos of the current squad commenting about each other. Looks like a very tight dressing room. 

Where are the videos mate?

John Findlay

It was a great evening.

I had the very good honour of presenting Craig Gordon with the fan's player of the year award, which was the first award giving out on the night.

This I did along with Lee McCulloch.

We then went just outside the banqueting room to have some photographs taken. Both Craig and Lee were very good. Craig did indeed have to rush of through to Glasgow to pick up the Scottish Football writers player of the year award.

Stephen Kingsley picked up the goal of the season award, for his goal against Hibs in the semi final.

The hall of fame inductees were Bobby Kirk, and his son who picked up the award on his dad's behalf couldn't hold back the tears.

Jim Brown was next( one of my favourites from the 1970s), had a great chat with him at the end of the night.

All of the 2012 cup winning team were inducted into the hall of fame  quite a few of them were present.

Then Marius Zaluikas was inducted in as a player on his own. Andy Webster accepting the award on his behalf.

There was great videos on the night of big zal's goals for us.

Messages from Andy Driver, Ryan McGowan and of course Paolo Sergio.

Last but not least the company at the kickback table was fantastic. Thank you one and all at the table for making it a great night.

Hopefully this photo uploaded.

IMG-20220508-WA0001.jpg

sprinbox98
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It was a great evening.

I had the very good honour of presenting Craig Gordon with the fan's player of the year award, which was the first award giving out on the night.

We then went just outside the banqueting room to have some photographs taken. Both Craig and Lee were very good. Craig did indeed have to rush of through to Glasgow to pick up the Scottish Football writers player of the year award.

Stephen Kingsley picked up the goal of the season award, for his goal against Hibs in the semi final.

The hall of fame inductees were Bobby Kirk, and his son who picked up the award on his dad's behalf couldn't hold back the tears.

Jim Brown was next( one of my favourites from the 1970s), had a great chat with him at the end of the night.

All of the 2012 cup winning team were inducted into the hall of fame  quite a few of them were present.

Then Marius Zaluikas was inducted in as a player on his own. Andy Webster accepting the award on his behalf.

Last but not least the company at the kickback table was fantastic. Thank you one and all at the table for making it a great night.

IMG-20220508-WA0001.jpg

very good john. Glad you enjoyed the night

soonbe110
41 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Where are the videos mate?

Hearst have them.  Played them last night at the event. Not shared them yet, not sure if they will. 

Heartsofgold
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Hearst have them.  Played them last night at the event. Not shared them yet, not sure if they will. 

Cheers SB.  Hopefully they put them up, just to show the good nature currently in the squad if nothing else.

scott herbertson
36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It was a great evening.

IMG-20220508-WA0001.jpg

Did you present it in time John?

Only kidding - looks like a great night and a great photo to have and treasure.

15 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I like the Haring/Clark Kent comparisons :thumbsup:

Best thing about that video is Halkett skipping off the bus and striding pain free into the venue!!

Worst thing was Beni on crutches  Get well soon Beni

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It was a great evening.

IMG-20220508-WA0001.jpg

It was a great night and it wasn’t just Bobby Kirk’s son that couldn’t hold back the tears at Bobby’s presentation. To be fair, there were several emotional moments throughout the night. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Did you present it in time John?

Only kidding - looks like a great night and a great photo to have and treasure.

Scott,

Yes I was early for once😁.

It was a great night.

Footballfirst

Has the club given up on the Young Player of the Year award?  I know that James Wilson got the Academy Player of the Year award, but there is a huge gap between a 15 year old academy player and the 39 year old senior player of the year.

The YPOTY award has been won by John Souttar, Callum Paterson, Sam Nicholson, Jamie Walker, Ryan McGowan, David Templeton, Eggert Jonsson, Lee Wallace, Andy Driver and Christophe Berra in the last 15 years.  It would be a shame not to pass on that legacy.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Has the club given up on the Young Player of the Year award?  I know that James Wilson got the Academy Player of the Year award, but there is a huge gap between a 15 year old academy player and the 39 year old senior player of the year.

The YPOTY award has been won by John Souttar, Callum Paterson, Sam Nicholson, Jamie Walker, Ryan McGowan, David Templeton, Eggert Jonsson, Lee Wallace, Andy Driver and Christophe Berra in the last 15 years.  It would be a shame not to pass on that legacy.

Was thinking about this. What's was the age criteria in previous years? As first team wise their won't be many eligible, and then pretty much all of the 19-21 year olds are out on loan. 

I guess you could still recognise their achievements for their loan clubs though.

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Was thinking about this. What's was the age criteria in previous years? As first team wise their won't be many eligible, and then pretty much all of the 19-21 year olds are out on loan. 

I guess you could still recognise their achievements for their loan clubs though.

It was previously U23 at the start of the season, so Cochrane, Sibbick, Atkinson, Baningime, Woodburn and Simms would all have been eligible.

Edited by Footballfirst

Berra than you
Just now, Footballfirst said:

It was previously U23 at the start of the season, so Cochrane, Sibbick, Atkinson, Baningame and Simms would all have been eligible.

Strange one then. Tough category to judge too as three in that list would have had a case.