PFA Scotland Player of the Year

Tenor

stevie1874
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Mcgregor deserves it imo.

Gordon has been great but maroon specs off I rate Mcgregor.

I rate him also but come on, Gordon week in week out for Hearts & brilliant for Scotland also. McGregor stands out this season for wearing a mask. Scottish football at its best. 

It's pretty obvious that McGregor was going to win unfortunately.

Someone earlier asked if it was the fans or the players that voted as if that would make a difference. Most players will also support one of the arse cheeks.

feedtheroman2
1 hour ago, Ked said:

You're at it

vladisacoward
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hilarious. What a farce. Why would anyone outside that vile institution that is Celtic even bother to attend ?

I wouldn't. And i'd happily and publically say so. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Ked said:

What? He is an overrated, jumped up little dickhead; brainless too

gregzy2k7

Did McGregor actually win this? Absolutely farcical decision, even with the hearts specs off, Craig Gordon has been the best and most consistent player in the league this season by a mile.

KyleLafferty

Yous do know the players voted for this award? So professional footballers voted for McGregor. 

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What? He is an overrated, jumped up little dickhead; brainless too

True, but he also has his bad points.

Totally meaningless award

purely popularity contests 

Players are fans too so it will always be the old firm player who wins it.

we could have won the league at a canter this season and an old firm player would still have won this.

pointless award

Real football people who have no truck with the OF would want to see awards going to the likes of Arbroath,  Dick Campbell, Cove Rangers, Kelty  Hearts, Craig Gordon.

They would be better just not including any non Old firm Player or Manager in this. At least it would be honest doing that. It’s little more than a complete joke. It’s now actually better being completely ignored as at the end of the day it means squatt diddly to the rest of us. 

Armageddon

McGregor could also end up only winning the league cup, while Gordon could save 5 penalities to win the Scottish Cup.

He's been the POTY by some way.

TexasAndy

I think these awards are always skewed by the obsession with Old Firm in this country.  Celtic are going to win the league so one of their players must win it??  Even pundits get caught in this trap.  Craig Gordon has been magnificent for club and country all season.  If he was still playing for Celtic he would have won the award.  

Rory Mcilroy

Gordon has been world class this season, no other player in Scotland has been anywhere near that bracket. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

True, but he also has his bad points.

😁

corryjambo
30 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Big Craig will win the football writers player of the year again.

Indeed he will. 

Ex member of the SaS

An utter fix! The league 1 award went to an Airdrieonian player! How the hell didn't a Celtic player win it?

8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

An utter fix! The league 1 award went to an Airdrieonian player! How the hell didn't a Celtic player win it?

Bet he’s a Celtic supporter. 🤪

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Bet he’s a Celtic supporter. 🤪

Or on loan from celtic 🤣

TyphoonJambo
11 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I rate him also but come on, Gordon week in week out for Hearts & brilliant for Scotland also. McGregor stands out this season for wearing a mask. Scottish football at its best. 

Ah, that's who it is!! Now he's outed will he stop wearing it.  A bit like Kendo Nagasaki did? I always thought it was a bit daft, wearing a mask but having your name across your back.

Edited by TypoonJambo

No Idle Talk

I don't know why I am surprised by this but I actually am. I cannot believe that Craig Gordon has not won this award. I mean.....I don't watch Celtic every week so I can't say how good a season Callum McGregor has had. All I can say is I would be ASTONISHED if he has had a better season than Craig Gordon. Craigy had been outstanding week after week. I can't think of one bad game he has had. Some of the saves he has made have been world class. And that is not an exaggeration.

It's a disgrace that Scotland's #1 has not won this award. An absolute disgrace.

John Findlay
Just now, No Idle Talk said:

I don't know why I am surprised by this but I actually am. I cannot believe that Craig Gordon has not won this award. I mean.....I don't watch Celtic every week so I can't say how good a season Callum McGregor has had. All I can say is I would be ASTONISHED if he has had a better season than Craig Gordon. Craigy had been outstanding week after week. I can't think of one bad game he has had. Some of the saves he has made have been world class. And that is not an exaggeration.

It's a disgrace that Scotland's #1 has not won this award. An absolute disgrace.

Well you better ask all the professionals who play at SPL clubs why they didn't vote for Craig.

No Idle Talk
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Well you better ask all the professionals who play at SPL clubs why they didn't vote for Craig.

Send me their phone numbers and I will get right on it.

12 hours ago, Ked said:

Do one! 

Unknown user

Tin hat on, but McGregor's quality. He might well be evil incarnate but I reckon he'd be a big success down south.

26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Tin hat on, but McGregor's quality. He might well be evil incarnate but I reckon he'd be a big success down south.

I agree.

Dennis Denuto
28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Quality at what exactly? He doesn't score goals, assists nor create chances. He doesn't run with the ball or beat players. He makes a lot of successful passes every game, but that's what your defenders do normally.

I just don't know what he is for.......

jamboinglasgow
29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Agree, I think people can underestimate how important he is for Celtic. He dictates the midfield of that team. I also agree he would have done well down south, but at 28 I think he will be another Celtic player who becomes too comfortable at Celtic to challenge themselves at the highest level

frankblack

I am genuinely surprised people actually thought anyone outside the uglies was ever going to win it.

Its a closed shop.

colinmaroon

It's just reminding us how many Uglies play for other teams/are members of PFA.

Thats laughable :D Gordon has probably won us about 15 points and dragged us into a cup final. I thought it was supposed to be on individual merit? 

What a joke that is. 

PapaShango

No surprise with the awards, all done to appease the Glasgow mob. Dick Campbell should have won manager of the year as well, what he has done is outstanding. Gordon 100% has been the best player in the league. I'm sure he would rather have the cup winners medal than the prize anyway. 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I rate McGregor, and he’s had a decent season, but have any clubs down south done so much as enquire about him? His impact is such that he’s an occasional player in the Scotland midfield.

I’d think about the number of international sides Gordon would make compared to McGregor. Obviously I’m biased, but Gordon wins on that.

80% of Celtic games are an armchair ride for any defensive midfielder.  

best in the land

Disgrace.

Craig Gordon should have won it by a mile.

Not surprised though was always going to be a dick from the west.

Japan Jambo
On 28/04/2022 at 12:27, milky_26 said:

Only woodburn is valued at more than a million in our squad

didn't realise we had more than one Woodburn.🤣

Disgrace that Craig didn't win this award, unfortunately I love Hearts more than I hate the parochial backwater that is Scottish football.

18 hours ago, PapaShango said:

No surprise with the awards, all done to appease the Glasgow mob. Dick Campbell should have won manager of the year as well, what he has done is outstanding. Gordon 100% has been the best player in the league. I'm sure he would rather have the cup winners medal than the prize anyway. 

If only Craig Gordon or dick Campbell had run around for half a season in fancy dress as the lone ranger they might have had half a chance .